Author Topic: BRING ON THE TITANS!  (Read 3338 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
BRING ON THE TITANS!
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
Ravens dominated the Dolphins as expected. Ed Reed should be defensive player of the year, without question. 11 INT's for the year with 4 defensive touchdowns!!!The best playmaking safety in the history of the game, IMO.

The Ravens match up well with the Titans. They can't beat anybody deep with their wideouts. If the Ravens can stop their running game then it's going to be a long day for Kerry Collins, who is a statue in the pocket.

I love the Ravens to win next Saturday. Payback's a bitch!

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: BRING ON THE TITANS!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »
great win for you guys today, Im glad Ed's ankle wasnt hurt on that last pick. Offensively i think you guys have to be able to put more points on the board though.
it will be a very good game.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »
ravens run game was suspect vs. the dolphins today

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:42:09 PM »
great win for you guys today, Im glad Ed's ankle wasnt hurt on that last pick. Offensively i think you guys have to be able to put more points on the board though.
it will be a very good game.

I agree with you but it will be tough to put even 20 points on the board against the Titans. I was at the first game and believe me, neither team gave quarter to the other. Yards were tough to come by and players were flying to the ball. It was wild and the Titans narrowly escaped with a three point win after a BULLSHIT 15 yard hands to the face by Suggs at the end.

I like our chances. If the Ravens effectively stop their running game and force Collins to stand in the pocket and look off his primary receivers, then a win is guaranteed, IMO. Collins is so hard to sack because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. The Ravens' have the defensive speed to neutralize their perimeter game where they like to send Chris Johnson out on screens and hitches. It's the defense's ability to cover the seam routes on the tight ends is what worries me. The Titan's outside receiver speed is nothing special.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »
I agree with you but it will be tough to put even 20 points on the board against the Titans. I was at the first game and believe me, neither team gave no quarter. Yards were tough and players were flying to the ball. It was wild and the Titans narrowly escaped with a three point win after a BULLSHIT 15 yard hands to the face by Suggs at the end.

I like our chances. If the Ravens effectively stop their running game and force Collins to stand in the pocket and look off his primary receivers, then a win is guaranteed, IMO. Collins is so hard to sack because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. The Ravens' have the defensive speed to neutralize their perimeter game where they like to send Chris Johnson out on screens and hitches. It's the defense's ability to cover the seam routes on the tight ends is what worries me. The Titan's outside receiver speed is nothing special.

Kerry may have flashbacks from the 2000 SB.

body88

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 05:59:42 AM »
Ravens dominated the Dolphins as expected. Ed Reed should be defensive player of the year, without question. 11 INT's for the year with 4 defensive touchdowns!!!The best playmaking safety in the history of the game, IMO.

The Ravens match up well with the Titans. They can't beat anybody deep with their wideouts. If the Ravens can stop their running game then it's going to be a long day for Kerry Collins, who is a statue in the pocket.

I love the Ravens to win next Saturday. Payback's a bitch!

This is about the worst matchup that the Titans could have hoped for.  The ravens d is athletic and fast.  They won yesterday because they were faster than the Dolphins offensive players at all positions.  The Ravens where consistently beating the dolphins rb's to the edge.

However, the titans are a whole different ball game than the Dolphins.  The dolphins are not very talented, and I would say by far the worst AFC team that was in it this year.

Should be a good game.  I am rooting for the Ravens, they remind me of the 03 pats.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »
Oh, it wont be easy against the Titans. We shall see Saturday. One game at a time.

Oh, and one more time, Ed Reed deserves defensive player of the year. Enough of this bullshit about Troy Polamolu being the best safety in the NFL. The best plays right here in Baltimore. End of discussion.

body88

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
Oh, it wont be easy against the Titans. We shall see Saturday. One game at a time.

Oh, and one more time, Ed Reed deserves defensive player of the year. Enough of this bullshit about Troy Polamolu being the best safety in the NFL. The best plays right here in Baltimore. End of discussion.

True.  He was a mentor to Meriweather, and I hope he turns out to be a fraction of what Reed is.  Brandon looked very good this year.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »
Ed Reed is a straight up monster!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »
I got Titans by 7...  :o :o :o

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
I got Titans by 7...  :o :o :o

Interesting. Anyone know what the line is for game yet?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
Ed Reed is a straight up monster!

Earth is covered by 70% water, the other 30% is covered by REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 11:19:32 AM »
Interesting. Anyone know what the line is for game yet?

I am sure it will be close like this last weeks. My guess is 2 and a half points on either side.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 11:30:12 AM »
I am rooting for the Ravens, they remind me of the 03 pats.

how so?  the ravens have a rookie qb and a great defense

the pats had brady and a strong defense

james harrison defensive player of the year 8)

it seems to be the trendy thing nowadays, picking a low seed to go all the way just because two recent teams did it

saw some "expert" on yahoo pick the eagles and ravens for the super bowl, two 6 seeds ::)

E

E

body88

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »
how so?  the ravens have a rookie qb and a great defense

the pats had brady and a strong defense

james harrison defensive player of the year 8)

it seems to be the trendy thing nowadays, picking a low seed to go all the way just because two recent teams did it

saw some "expert" on yahoo pick the eagles and ravens for the super bowl, two 6 seeds ::)

E

Their swagger and their attitude.  Hard hitting bone crushing defense that is fast and aggressive.  A strong running game backed up by a Very Good qb who stands tall in the pocket.  No name recievers and a TE who can make plays.  Brady is much better than Flacco, but the ravens attitude and style reminds me of the old school pats.

Harrison is a monster!  Good for him.  Mayo won the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Experts don't know shit.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
I am sure it will be close like this last weeks. My guess is 2 and a half points on either side.

Ravens +3. just checked on Sheirdan's odds.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
Ravens +3. just checked on Sheirdan's odds.

Damn I am good!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »
Damn I am good!

I thought around the same type of spread. All you have to do is reflect back to their last encounter in week 4. I was at that game, three rows back, 30 yard line. 13-10 score. A crazy slug fest and A LOT of trash talking.

This game is going to be PHYSICAL in every sense of the word.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
I thought around the same type of line. All you have to do is reflect back to their last encounter in week 4. I was at that game, three rows back, 30 yard line. 13-10 score. A crazy slug fest and A LOT of trash talking.

This game is going to be PHYSICAL in every sense of the word.

yes i am hoping both teams beat the hell out of each other :D

i am worried about the chargers though, i will have a meltdown if my steelers lose to a .500 team in the playoffs :-[

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »

i am worried about the chargers though, i will have a meltdown if my steelers lose to a .500 team in the playoffs :-[

E
Go Chargers!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »

E

look out for Sproles! That boy is emerging as the AFC's version of Brian Westbrook. The Steelers will have their hands full. Lot of weapons on that Chargers offense, with or without LT.

body88

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
look out for Sproles! That boy is emerging as the AFC's version of Brian Westbrook. The Steelers will have their hands full. Lot of weapons on that Chargers offense, with or without LT.

Kevin Faulk is already that guy.  His numbers are comparable to westbrooks and he gets far less touches.

Brian Westbrook PHI RB 220 16.9 886 4.0
Kevin Faulk NE RB 83 5.9 507 6.1

Receiving
Kevin Faulk NE RB 57 478 8.4
Brian Westbrook PHI RB 46 319 6.9

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »

E

Im mad that willie parker wont wear his shoulder brace....if he gets hurt who will run after we beat the shit out of the chargers

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »
Go Chargers!

haha i'm sure all 9er fans are thinking this

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »

i'm really not worried about him or any of their players

i worry about my team making stupid mistakes like holmes fumbling a punt return or big ben adding more turnovers to his stat sheet

i want leftwich to start, we move the ball with him and he doesn't take sacks

.500 teams don't belong in the playoffs, a loss to them will be devastating

E
E