Author Topic: Anyone got an XBOX360?  (Read 10305 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Anyone got an XBOX360?
« on: January 05, 2009, 06:54:36 AM »
And if yes, is it fucking noisy when a disc is playing..I mean like Oil tanker's foghorn loud?

Wondering if I should take this shit back.

Mods, feel free to move this shit to the E forum, I can't fucking find it.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Anyone got an XBOX360?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »

fuck X Box everyone I know who has one had a ton of problems , hence why I wanted for the PS3

X-box is a Playstaion rip off anyway

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:04:40 AM »
Everyone i know has gotten rid of their PS3 and gotten an Xbox ;)
Hence why im getting one very soon, they rock!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 07:08:07 AM »
fuck X Box everyone I know who has one had a ton of problems , hence why I wanted for the PS3

I went with the xbox because I prefer the xbox exclusive games and the graphics are slightly crisper and more vivid, despite the PS3 having better hardware.

It's the noise of the thing I can't stand.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »

Good for you , make sure you get the extended warranty , you'll need it  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 07:14:16 AM »
I went with the xbox because I prefer the xbox exclusive games and the graphics are slightly crisper and more vivid, despite the PS3 having better hardware.

My niece bought one month and a half later DEAD , Microsoft admitted they rushed it into production to beat the PS3 and that's why it has a host a problems , Microsoft payed out the ass for all the problems associated with the X-box

you don't have to pay to play PS3 games online either

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »
And if yes, is it fucking noisy when a disc is playing..I mean like Oil tanker's foghorn loud?

Wondering if I should take this shit back.

Mods, feel free to move this shit to the E forum, I can't fucking find it.

When did you buy it? Does it come with the liteon drive?

new ones aint failing

good choice

actually you are right, ps3 is superior but for some reason i dont know, game developers aint using all of its resources.

Good for you , make sure you get the extended warranty , you'll need it  ;)

not really nd, not at least with the new ones

My niece bought one month and a half later DEAD , Microsoft admitted they rushed it into production to beat the PS3 and that's why it has a host a problems , Microsoft payed out the ass for all the problems associated with the X-box

Define dead first. As for ms admitting, yes you are right, the did release a beta version back in the days they were worried about ps3, it was really a bad move, but the new ones aint failing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
When did you buy it? Does it come with the liteon drive?

new ones aint failing

good choice

actually you are right, ps3 is superior but for some reason i dont know, game developers aint using all of its resources.

not really nd, not at least with the new ones

Define dead first. As for ms admitting, yes you are right, the did release a beta version back in the days they were worried about ps3, it was really a bad move, but the new ones aint failing.

new ones aint failing

and they shouldn't

true so far

red ring of death and then it would never power up again

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:09 AM »
I got a 360, I flashed it as soon as I bought it for my game "backups"  ;) Fucker got the problem all the 360's get where the solders breaks away, had to fix it myself as MS wouldnt repair it since I opened the case to flash, seem ok now though.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:05 AM »

red ring of death and then it would never power up again

Easily fixable with 30 mins of your time and $6 of screws,washers and nuts.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
Easily fixable with 30 mins of your time and $6 of screws,washers and nuts.

the problem is they shouldn't have to on a brand new system

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:33 AM »

xbox live is lightyears better then the online ps3 simply because they makeyou pay for it.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 08:05:44 AM »
I got a 360, I flashed it as soon as I bought it for my game "backups"  ;) Fucker got the problem all the 360's get where the solders breaks away, had to fix it myself as MS wouldnt repair it since I opened the case to flash, seem ok now though.

did you flash it or paid somebody else to do it? im not really good at doing such things by myself, got the kit and everything but i paid some guy to do it, in front of me, cant complain, he did a good job, just like you, i need to play my backup games lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:30 AM »
xbox live is lightyears better then the online ps3 simply because they makeyou pay for it.

how is it light years better? bottom line I'm not paying to play online

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »

10-14 million people using live everyday cant be wrong :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
did you flash it or paid somebody else to do it? im not really good at doing such things by myself, got the kit and everything but i paid some guy to do it, in front of me, cant complain, he did a good job, just like you, i need to play my backup games lol

Did it myself, wasnt too difficult with the right hardware.Be careful on live though, im assuming you either dont go on it or you have latest firmware and stealthed games.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »
i have. and yes mine sounds alot sometimes to  :-\

might get a ps3 instead because of that annoying shit

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 08:08:41 AM »
i have. and yes mine sounds alot sometimes to  :-\

might get a ps3 instead because of that annoying shit

PS3 has been a rock NO problems what so ever and it shouldn't be either for the price

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:39 AM »
XBox rushed the initial builds to market, but made up for it with a 1.1 billion dollar write off by giving anyone whose XBox malfunctions a free repair and a three year warranty.  The new ones don't have the problem.

PS3 online is free because it sucks.  The XBox destroyed the PS3 in this generation of the console wars, and the numbers prove it.  There are very few exclusive PS3 titles that are considered "console sellers", whereas the the Xbox has franchises like Halo and Gears of War.  It also has a much higher attach rate.

The Xbox has a much superior online experience, and will continue to do so in the future (for example, Netflix HD streaming will be awesome once the library is increased).  Sony took a bath on the PS3, because they thought everyone would shell out $600 for a blu ray player.

I loved my PS2, and even borrowed a PS3 to finish the Metal Gear saga, but would never consider buying one.  Sony just blew it this time. 

Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »
10-14 million people using live everyday cant be wrong :)

From what I understand it's $50 a year which isn't bad but it's still not free

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
yeah its noisy

i keep it along with the other stuff behind glass doors

as far as ps3 goes i guess they need a little time to figure the hardware out etc before they will be able to take advantage of the extra power
Z

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 08:28:01 AM »
Did it myself, wasnt too difficult with the right hardware.Be careful on live though, im assuming you either dont go on it or you have latest firmware and stealthed games.

The so called ban aint really a big deal, ms is good at scaring people

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »

as far as ps3 goes i guess they need a little time to figure the hardware out etc before they will be able to take advantage of the extra power

Unfortunately, the time on this generation of consoles is almost up.  Don't be surprised to see the next version of the XBox come out late this year or early next.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »
XBox rushed the initial builds to market, but made up for it with a 1.1 billion dollar write off by giving anyone whose XBox malfunctions a free repair and a three year warranty.  The new ones don't have the problem.

PS3 online is free because it sucks.  The XBox destroyed the PS3 in this generation of the console wars, and the numbers prove it.  There are very few exclusive PS3 titles that are considered "console sellers", whereas the the Xbox has franchises like Halo and Gears of War.  It also has a much higher attach rate.

The Xbox has a much superior online experience, and will continue to do so in the future (for example, Netflix HD streaming will be awesome once the library is increased).  Sony took a bath on the PS3, because they thought everyone would shell out $600 for a blu ray player.

I loved my PS2, and even borrowed a PS3 to finish the Metal Gear saga, but would never consider buying one.  Sony just blew it this time. 

How is Xbox live better? I've never played it so I can tell the difference , I'll tell you what I'm a bit disappointed with the games on PS3 thus far , love the Blu-ray played and the backwards compatibility

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
you dont need an extended warranty for a 360, they fix them for free and pay for shipping and handling

Ive sent back 2 360s  :-\

that part sucks but its just a better system with a far far better online system than the ps3 and has better and more games etc

Im going to dog the ps3 though----im going to be getting one soon just for the bluray----its worth buying just for that alone