Author Topic: Where will Cassel end up?  (Read 3877 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Where will Cassel end up?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Anybody who thinks Cassel owes the Pats anything are out of the fucking tree...Cassel could sit out the year collect 14 million and then sign a 10 year deal the following year worth more money then just about anyone in history...Or as Body88 states, he is one good terms with the Pats so if Brady isn't ready to go, he would start and get the same pay as if he sat ::) But if he got hurt, there goes his 100 million plus...No way Cassel is going to start for 14 million...He already proved himself 10fold...There isn't an agent in the world who would Jeopardize that much money...This is a business...Cassel isn't retarded...Lets not forget that the Patriots are cut throat when it comes to their players...Cassel and his agent know this, as does the union...The only way Cassel plays for the Pats next year is if they trade Brady...Can't happen any other way...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
You act like Brady is old...Brady is 31 and he is still in his prime.  I appreciate what your buddy said, but I don't think thats a very credible source to have. Brady was in Boston last week at a charity event walking around just fine. further more, Peter King just flat out said that his sources tell him that Brady is doing better than expected. If anything Brady may need a bit more time to recover from the infection he got, but I don't think anyone credible is saying he needs a whole new surgery.  Not here in Boston anyway.

Brady was never mobile to start with, and the injury he had will not effect him as much as people want to think.  My brother tore both his MCL and PCL and he is just fine.  Look at Rivers this year....he tore his ACL last year and he had the season off his life this year.  Brady might be hurt more than people are letting on, but I think you stick with him until all this CBA stuff regarding the tag and trade blows over.

There is no way you trade Brady if he will make a full recovery.  The pats have another kid on the team who is just like Cassel.

There is no up side to Brady...He had the best year of all time and still didn't get the ring...Cassel never really played any football and in his first real chance at playing, should be in the pro bowl...The upside of Cassel is off the charts...

body88

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 07:10:31 PM »
There is no up side to Brady...He had the best year of all time and still didn't get the ring...Cassel never really played any football and in his first real chance at playing, should be in the pro bowl...The upside of Cassel is off the charts...

That would be a good example if Brady didn't already win three rings in four years, and the MVP last year.  Brady was also good for 5 more wins last year and 50 td's to 4 ints.  Which would mean he has better upside than Cassel based on your argument (since neither of them won the sb this year or last).  The pats didn't lose last years superbowl because of Brady.

I think Cassel has a lot of upside, but unless Brady is done, you go with Brady imo.  I'm basing this on watching both of them since they were drafted.

body88

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:17 AM »
Not ure if Brady would be shopping if his knee was all messed up.  That said, he still might not start the year in order to save the CBA from getting their panties in a bunch.  I know this video proves nothing, but some people are talking as if Brady is in a wheel chair.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=0aaa3448-a8a1-48c1-8894-0ca718f6ec1a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
  That said, he still might not start the year in order to save the CBA from getting their panties in a bunch. 

If Brady is healthy enough to play, he'll play.  There's no way he miss games he could play to pacify the CBA.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »

I think Cassel has a lot of upside, but unless Brady is done, you go with Brady imo.  I'm basing this on watching both of them since they were drafted.

Absolutely.  Fans up here who advocate trading Brady and keeping Cassell are insane.
Y

body88

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »
If Brady is healthy enough to play, he'll play.  There's no way he miss games he could play to pacify the CBA.

I could see it happening.  If Brady is 90% at the start of the season they will hold him out to please the CBA and to jack Cassels trade value higher.   Thats if Cassel is not traded during the draft.

body88

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »
Absolutely.  Fans up here who advocate trading Brady and keeping Cassell are insane.

Agreed.  Brady is 31, and he threw FIFTY TWO TD'S to FOUR int's last year, with he same offensive team.  Not only that, he has won 3sb's, and MVP and has led his team to a 16-0 season.  Cassel is going to be very good, but Brady is the guy if he is healthy.  The pats have proven that they can draft the shit out of QB's.  Bledsoe, Brady and now Cassel.  I am confident that O'Connel (the highest picked QB of Belichicks tenure) is going to be good to.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
Agreed.  Brady is 31, and he threw FIFTY TWO TD'S to FOUR int's last year, with he same offensive team.  Not only that, he has won 3sb's, and MVP and has led his team to a 16-0 season.  Cassel is going to be very good, but Brady is the guy if he is healthy.  The pats have proven that they can draft the shit out of QB's.  Bledsoe, Brady and now Cassel.  I am confident that O'Connel (the highest picked QB of Belichicks tenure) is going to be good to.

Yeah, there are few players that change the whole dynamic of a conference if they get hurt.  I'll bet so many teams felt they had a chance when Brady got injured that previously didn't.  It was remarkable.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
I could see it happening.  If Brady is 90% at the start of the season they will hold him out to please the CBA and to jack Cassels trade value higher.   Thats if Cassel is not traded during the draft.

I understand the theory, but if Cassel's still with the team next year, it means Brady's not 90%.
Y

body88

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »
I understand the theory, but if Cassel's still with the team next year, it means Brady's not 90%.

If  Brady is a bit behind schedule and the pats feel the need to start Cassel and trade him a few games into the season they will do it.  There is no way to know for sure.  We don't know what is fact and what is fiction at this point. Things will change 100 times. 

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 08:59:29 PM »
Considering the Pats are cut throat with their players, why in the world would Cassel dare step on the field for the Pats next year with only a one year deal and possibly have a chance in fcking his legs up like Brady...That makes zero business sense...The guy played his ass off this year and is in line to sign for massive amounts of money right now...Cassel owes the Pats nothing...If Brady isn't ready to go next year, the Pats are fcked...

If Cassel sits out next year, he collects his 14 million and the Pats deal him anyway...Where ever he goes, he sits until he signs a major deal...Which would be in the neighborhood of well over 100 million...

Or Brady isn't ready to start, so Cassel plays for his 14 million(he gets away) with a possibly of hurting himself(like Brady) and his Career could possibly be done... ::)

So some of you think that Cassel is so stupid that he would leave probably well over 100 million dollars on the table just to start a couple of games for a team who is cut throat with every player as it is...Who would do such a thing...

Bottom line, the Pats have to trade Cassel or sign him and trade Brady...(Brady is probably the best to play the game so its most likey Brady is here to stay) but Cassel has to look out of Cassel and he now has nothing to prove...The money is waiting there for him right now...Cassel can not chance losing all the money for a couple games...No way...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »

Possibly...But even Brady has stated to many people over the last couple years that Cassell is a freak of nature...Brady is a work horse and Cassell is a natural athlete...I too wouldn't want to see Brady go but if his legs end up being toast, it is something that has to seriously be considered by people who know a lot more then us...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 05:32:17 AM »

Even injured, Brady's trade value will never be higher. 

Rivers and Brees have both recovered from devastating injuries to put up monster numbers, though, so I'm sure that's being considered.  But there's also Carson Palmer, who hasn't shown much of anything since getting hurt. 

body88

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »
Considering the Pats are cut throat with their players, why in the world would Cassel dare step on the field for the Pats next year with only a one year deal and possibly have a chance in fcking his legs up like Brady...That makes zero business sense...The guy played his ass off this year and is in line to sign for massive amounts of money right now...Cassel owes the Pats nothing...If Brady isn't ready to go next year, the Pats are fcked...

If Cassel sits out next year, he collects his 14 million and the Pats deal him anyway...Where ever he goes, he sits until he signs a major deal...Which would be in the neighborhood of well over 100 million...

Or Brady isn't ready to start, so Cassel plays for his 14 million(he gets away) with a possibly of hurting himself(like Brady) and his Career could possibly be done... ::)

So some of you think that Cassel is so stupid that he would leave probably well over 100 million dollars on the table just to start a couple of games for a team who is cut throat with every player as it is...Who would do such a thing...

Bottom line, the Pats have to trade Cassel or sign him and trade Brady...(Brady is probably the best to play the game so its most likely Brady is here to stay) but Cassel has to look out of Cassel and he now has nothing to prove...The money is waiting there for him right now...Cassel can not chance losing all the money for a couple games...No way...

If the pats franchise Cassel he has to start according to NFL rules.  Cassel has always said how much he loves the pats, and how grateful he is for being drafted after never playing a down of football in college.  Also, the pats stuck with Cassel when everyone in NE wanted him gone.  They gave him his shot.  You will see one of three things.  1.) A tag and trade,  a two year deal worth 10millish per year or Brady being traded.  The first two scenarios are far more likely than the last.

Cassel played last season for under 500k ad he was foaming at the mouth to do so.  If the pats offer him 14 million dollars in guaranteed money to play for a year (and jack his trade value even more), or sign him to a two year deal for 20 million bones, there is no way he leaves that on the table.  Imo its a moot point because he will be tagged and traded.  The starting price will be what Eli Manning was had for by the Giants.

For the record, the pats are not cutthroat with all their players.  They stuck with Cassel after a very poor showing last year spelling Brady is games, and also a very poor preseason.  The guys the pat have told to hit the brick are players who are not performing, or guys who are all about the money, and that demand more than the system deems them worth.   Qb's very valuable to the pats.  They will offer him a more than fair deal. 

body88

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 06:37:39 AM »
Even injured, Brady's trade value will never be higher. 

Rivers and Brees have both recovered from devastating injuries to put up monster numbers, though, so I'm sure that's being considered.  But there's also Carson Palmer, who hasn't shown much of anything since getting hurt. 

You're right and I have been saying this all along.  Rivers had his entire ACL replaced and he just had the best season of his career this year.  Breeze was thought of as damaged good after he was hurt, not so much now after passing for 5000+ yards.  Brady's injury was not as severe as Palmer's (where the knee cap was shattered along with the PCL being torn). In short, Plamer blew out the entire knee, including damage to the cap of the knee.  Brady had a slight MCL and a torn ACL.  He may come back late, but he will be back.