Author Topic: Leon Panetta to head CIA - CHANGE ANYBODY??????  (Read 3099 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Leon Panetta to head CIA - CHANGE ANYBODY??????
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »
quite honesty - the Dems have never had the cohesiveness of the Repugs (for better or worse).  I don't think they'll shoot down anyone unless he has serious flaws or some skeleton pops out but you can never tell with them.
true i think that the with us or against us mentality hurts the republicans at times as well...i think anybody who goes against obama will be slayed by the media and public opinion in all honesty but i really dont see ppl going against him on anything of significance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »
then theres that whole lack of any credible experience thing, but yea your right thats nothing to worry about.

Obama has no credible experience?

He is a fvcking US Senator.

He is on the foreign relations committee.

For the last 4 years, he's been traveling the world, meeting leaders, and being briefed on everything foreign, every day.

He's a US senator, for pete's sake.   he's not governor of some incest/metho staet for 18 months, nor mayor of a crooked town.  He's a senator!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »
Obama has no credible experience?

He is a fvcking US Senator.

He is on the foreign relations committee.

For the last 4 years, he's been traveling the world, meeting leaders, and being briefed on everything foreign, every day.

He's a US senator, for pete's sake.   he's not governor of some incest/metho staet for 18 months, nor mayor of a crooked town.  He's a senator!
LOL well its to bad for you he wasnt running against palin isnt it or your arguement might have some traction. I guess his breifings lead to his ignorant assinine strategy to get out of iraq that he had to revise. LOL at least straw is honest about his feeling towards obama.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 04:28:28 AM »
I will continue to attempt to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but picking Leon Panetta to run the CIA is absolutely ludicrous. Since his left wing vetoed John Brennan for the crime of having served while W was President, even though he opposed most of the programs they hate, Obama has now picked someone they can't object to because he doesn't know a damn thing about intelligence. Panetta has no ties to any intel related activities beyond doing some accounting work on their budgets. He is absolutely unqualified to serve, but since he served as Clinton's Chief of Staff I guess Barry figures he will be able to sweep any unhelpful intel under the carpet.

The article has folks lauding his managerial skills. Well hey that's nice but this isn't an episode of "The Office" this is our national security. Panetta is a dependable Democrat hack and Obama has just showed he values that over our ability to know what is going on around the world. I would continue, but this is so fundamentally lame and sorry that it would be redundant. Leon Panetta? How long do you think Gates will last before he goes thump, thump, thump under the bus. This pick rates an F.

240 this guy has no experience...and please...a Captain in the Army????. Plus he was part of the Iraq study group who wanted to pack up in Iraq. Yeah he's ready. The current guy has done wonders over there.

LOL @The Office. ;D

Either Obama must have some kind of genius plan with Panetta that we all fail to understand, or Panetta will be a failure because of his lack of intelligence background.

The Panetta pick just doesn't really make sense, it stands out. So perhaps there is some kind of plan to make it work.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out soon enough. :-\
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 04:36:22 AM »
I wish everybody would conduct themselves in such a way...you really think the dems would shoot down any of his appointees?

Feinstein a;ready said she might not approve of him for the spot.  He is DOA.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 06:24:48 AM »
Feinstein a;ready said she might not approve of him for the spot.  He is DOA.

how does one senator saying she might not approve = DOA?

I've heard that she is just chapped because no one "consulted" her about Panetta and it seems like his name leaked out before all the Obama admin had time to stroke all the fragile egos in the Senate

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »
The ISG would only have allowed us to save face in iraq.

Now, we're being unceremounously kicked out of the place by their govt.  With no oil.

Ur kidding right?
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »
LOL @The Office. ;D

Either Obama must have some kind of genius plan with Panetta that we all fail to understand, or Panetta will be a failure because of his lack of intelligence background.

The Panetta pick just doesn't really make sense, it stands out. So perhaps there is some kind of plan to make it work.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out soon enough. :-\

He does not want to have to worry about CIA so he sticks in a yes man.
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »
Many are questioning the Panetta pick.  Apparently there were several other guys with a strong intelligence backround that were passed over.
I don't agree that he is overqualified 240.  Its a completely different position requiring different knowledge and experience.
Seems like a poor pick to me, unlike some of the others Obama has made.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 07:38:02 AM »

how does one senator saying she might not approve = DOA?

I've heard that she is just chapped because no one "consulted" her about Panetta and it seems like his name leaked out before all the Obama admin had time to stroke all the fragile egos in the Senate

How old are you????????????

Feinstein saying this means that she is giving cover to both Dems and the GOP to deep six this horrendous choice.

Face it - Obama is not the agent of "change" you were promised.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 07:40:55 AM »
He's out of his depth hence no comment on Israel and Gaza, he has no idea. He's said plenty about the economy because its easy to spend our tax dollars on his domestic crusade.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 07:57:26 AM »
He's out of his depth hence no comment on Israel and Gaza, he has no idea. He's said plenty about the economy because its easy to spend our tax dollars on his domestic crusade.

And when we get another terrorist attack in a few years, Feinstein knows that Obama picking or having Panetta as head of CIA will greatly harm the Dems.

What is next?  Sandy Berger for head of the National Archives????

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
How old are you????????????

Feinstein saying this means that she is giving cover to both Dems and the GOP to deep six this horrendous choice.

Face it - Obama is not the agent of "change" you were promised.

what does my age have to do with you talking out of your ass.

Apparently Feinstein is miffed that wasn't given a courtesy nod or informed about Panetta.

He hasn't even officially been named the pick and there is unwritten procedure of getting some input from top dogs which apparently hadn't been done at the time Panetta's name was leaked yesterday.

The guy actually has a pretty strong resume and he could conceivably do a fine job.   

Again - his name was just leaked yesterday and Feinstein is blowing off steam.   

Hardly DOA for Panetta - shit he's not even the official nominee yet so you might want to hold off on your death watch until at least that point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
what does my age have to do with you talking out of your ass.

Apparently Feinstein is miffed that wasn't given a courtesy nod or informed about Panetta.

He hasn't even officially been named the pick and there is unwritten procedure of getting some input from top dogs which apparently hadn't been done at the time Panetta's name was leaked yesterday.

The guy actually has a pretty strong resume and he could conceivably do a fine job.   

Again - his name was just leaked yesterday and Feinstein is blowing off steam.   

Hardly DOA for Panetta - shit he's not even the official nominee yet so you might want to hold off on your death watch until at least that point.

Your age is relevent as you seem to think like a naive college student with no real experience as to how these things go down.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
Your age is relevent as you seem to think like a naive college student with no real experience as to how these things go down.

lol - well everyone is entitled to their opinion.

it just seems a bit premature to key off one comment by one senator about a person who's yet to be officially announced and proclaim the yet to be announced person as DOA.

time will tell who is being naive

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
lol - well everyone is entitled to their opinion.

it just seems a bit premature to key off one comment by one senator about a person who's yet to be officially announced and proclaim the yet to be announced person as DOA.

time will tell who is being naive

Just like Richardson bowed out , watch, Panetta will have some family matter or something else to tend to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:48 AM »
Just like Richardson bowed out , watch, Panetta will have some family matter or something else to tend to.

want to wager on it? :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »
doesn't he have to be the official nominee before he can officially bow out?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

Feinstein is now on board for Panetta.  This took even less time that I thought it would.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/07/feinstein.panetta.cia/index.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »
But 333386 said:
"Feinstein a;ready said she might not approve of him for the spot.  He is DOA."

I don't know if I should believe CNN, or 333386 here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
But 333386 said:

maybe CNN is run by naive college students who have no real experience about how these things go down

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
But 333386 said:

She just needed a little confirmation from Obama that her husbands' deals with the Chicoms will go through without a problem.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 06:04:06 PM »

The Senate Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Wednesday to send the nomination of Leon Panetta as CIA director to the full Senate for confirmation.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/11/panetta.confirmation/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The Senate Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Wednesday to send the nomination of Leon Panetta as CIA Director to the full Senate for confirmation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) — The Senate Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Wednesday to send the nomination of Leon Panetta as CIA Director to the full Senate for confirmation.

Maybe even I am wrong at how corrupt and disgusting the Democrats are in the Senate and the House.

Charlie Rangle just got away with robbery himself.

So, this should not be suprrisng that they are passing through another no experience multimillioniare lobbyist. .