Author Topic: Leon Panetta to head CIA - CHANGE ANYBODY??????  (Read 3101 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Leon Panetta to head CIA - CHANGE ANYBODY??????
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »
http://www.sacbee.com/1095/story/1517633.html

Leon Panetta is being tapped for CIA by Obama

Change . . . . .for the worse!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Leon Panetta to head CIA - CHANGE ANYBODY??????
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
http://www.sacbee.com/1095/story/1517633.html

Leon Panetta is being tapped for CIA by Obama

Change . . . . .for the worse!

Why?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »
Why?

He has zero experience in intelligence matters as the articles states. 

What a joke.  More Clinton lackeys and retreads.

We would be better off with Hillary at the helm since at least she has a relationship with all these people. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
He laid an egg with this one.  This guy has zero experience. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
He has zero experience in intelligence matters as the articles states. 
these people. 

Um, he's actually OVER-qualified for this job.
Just as Clinton if OVER-qualified for sec state position.  

He was White house chief of staff.  That is a lot more info and real experience than a guy who manages intra-agency relationships.

And really, if you want to make change, you can go about it 1 of 2 ways.  Hire people who DO NOT know the job - let them learn on the job - then have them change it.  Or you can hire people who already know the job - and then order them to change it.

obammers has made it very clear that everyone on his staff will be doing what he tells them to do.  Really, if YOUR were running shit, you'd get the best results by hiring ppl that know the job inside about out (and will avoid any major snafus in such a dangerous time) and then kick them in the pants and order them to change things.  You can't change anything, until you understand how it works.

Then again, some will criticize obama no matter what.  If he brought in 30 newbies to run his white house, you'd be bitching that he has no experience, and neither does his staff.  Remember, for 2 years, all we heard about was how inexperienced he was (until palin arrived and that argument stopped lol)

I'll agree with you, if in 2 years, it's Clinton II in the white house.
You can't shit on him now, for hiring experienced people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
How about someone who actually knows about intelligence issues or has dealt with these matters within the past 15 years?

I guess Richardsons' corruption issues make him perfect for the job as well since he knows the system inside and out right????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
This guy has zero experience. 

16 years in Congress.
Ran the White House for Clinton.
Captain in the Army.
Very experienced in budget/committee, which is what director does.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
How about someone who actually knows about intelligence issues or has dealt with these matters within the past 15 years?

I guess Richardsons' corruption issues make him perfect for the job as well since he knows the system inside and out right????

Right.  From the article:  "Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world." 

I guess he'll get on-the-job training.  Just what we need in this climate.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
Right.  From the article:  "Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world." 

I guess he'll get on-the-job training.  Just what we need in this climate.   ::)

These Obama voters are in denial that they got duped into thinking that there would be any real change in anything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
These Obama voters are in denial that they got duped into thinking that there would be any real change in anything.

They drank the Kool-Aid. 

I posted comments from him a while back where he admitted he really didn't offer anything new.  Just old liberal ideas with new packaging.  (Haven't been able to find it.) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »

You trust the "Sac Bee" for your news?

Bwaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahhaah

They're still mad about the Obama/Warren pick.  Lib rags.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 12:50:48 PM »
As far as I know the CIA has just caused our country trouble repeatedly since it was created?
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

If you have information that contradicts the statement that "Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world," then by all means post it.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
If you have information that contradicts the statement that "Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world," then by all means post it.  
yes yes by all means run to your far left blogs...

This coming from the man who spammed the board about stories of palin cheating, palins daughter being her grand daughter, her daughter being a gang banging lesbo...LOL rich man fuking rich  ::)

I think buyers remorse may be kicking in with the president elect.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »
I'm intrigued by this pick.

I will give Obama the benefit of a doubt, because as RonPaulFan wrote, CIA has been the source of more than its fair share of problems.

And perhaps it is because of organisation culture.

Then bringing in an outsider but who's qualified in leading organisations could be a good call.

Then again, it could also mean that CIA will backfire and the organisation will become a mess.

Time will tell. Right now - very sceptical but I won't judge until I see the results.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »
This is just hysterical:

1.  Rahm - embroiled in the Blago mess

2.  Richardson - pay for play corrupt politics  

3.  Holder - Marc Rich Pardon

4.  Leon Pannetta - ZERO intelligence experience

5.  Geitner - Hank Paluson the 2nd.  

6.  Gates - good pick

7.  Education - I dont know about this guy.    

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:11 PM »
I will continue to attempt to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but picking Leon Panetta to run the CIA is absolutely ludicrous. Since his left wing vetoed John Brennan for the crime of having served while W was President, even though he opposed most of the programs they hate, Obama has now picked someone they can't object to because he doesn't know a damn thing about intelligence. Panetta has no ties to any intel related activities beyond doing some accounting work on their budgets. He is absolutely unqualified to serve, but since he served as Clinton's Chief of Staff I guess Barry figures he will be able to sweep any unhelpful intel under the carpet.

The article has folks lauding his managerial skills. Well hey that's nice but this isn't an episode of "The Office" this is our national security. Panetta is a dependable Democrat hack and Obama has just showed he values that over our ability to know what is going on around the world. I would continue, but this is so fundamentally lame and sorry that it would be redundant. Leon Panetta? How long do you think Gates will last before he goes thump, thump, thump under the bus. This pick rates an F.

240 this guy has no experience...and please...a Captain in the Army????. Plus he was part of the Iraq study group who wanted to pack up in Iraq. Yeah he's ready. The current guy has done wonders over there.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
240 this guy has no experience...and please...a Captain in the Army????. Plus he was part of the Iraq study group who wanted to pack up in Iraq. Yeah he's ready. The current guy has done wonders over there.

The ISG would only have allowed us to save face in iraq.

Now, we're being unceremounously kicked out of the place by their govt.  With no oil.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
I was a bit suprised by his lack in intel background and I haven't followed all of the story today but at this point I'm pretty much giving Obama the benefit of the doubt on almost everything.  He could blow off steam by clubbing baby seals on the front lawn of the White House and I'd give him a pass (he's got a tough job after-all).   We still have checks and balances and Panetta will have to get through confirmation hearings.   Panetta and I also went to the same college so he's obviously a smart guy.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »
I was a bit suprised by his lack in intel background and I haven't followed all of the story today but at this point I'm pretty much giving Obama the benefit of the doubt on almost everything.  He could blow off steam by clubbing baby seals on the front lawn of the White House and I'd give him a pass (he's got a tough job after-all).   We still have checks and balances and Panetta will have to get through confirmation hearings.   Panetta and I also went to the same college so he's obviously a smart guy.  
at least your honest about it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
at least your honest about it

I try to always be honest about everything - even when I'm not on an anonymous message board.

My first thought when I heard about Panetta this morning was that I couldn't recall him having an specific intel experience but then surely Obama is aware of that and must have some strong reasons why he think he is qualified.  The last thing Obama wants is for one of his nominees to be shot down by Dem heavy Senate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 07:16:32 PM »
I try to always be honest about everything - even when I'm not on an anonymous message board.

My first thought when I heard about Panetta this morning was that I couldn't recall him having an specific intel experience but then surely Obama is aware of that and must have some strong reasons why he think he is qualified.  The last thing Obama wants is for one of his nominees to be shot down by Dem heavy Senate.
I wish everybody would conduct themselves in such a way...you really think the dems would shoot down any of his appointees?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 07:22:25 PM »
I wish everybody would conduct themselves in such a way...you really think the dems would shoot down any of his appointees?

quite honesty - the Dems have never had the cohesiveness of the Repugs (for better or worse).  I don't think they'll shoot down anyone unless he has serious flaws or some skeleton pops out but you can never tell with them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
obama hasn't fvcked things up at all yet.

the biggest beef repubs have? LMAO...

1) Obama has an anti-gay republican speaking at inauguration.
2) Obama decided against one of his cabinet memebrs (richardson) cause richardson didn't disclose fully on his resume.

Wow, so he puts up a guy repubs love, and then he bounces someone who lied about his resume.  Wow, what a bum, huh?  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
obama hasn't fvcked things up at all yet.

the biggest beef repubs have? LMAO...

1) Obama has an anti-gay republican speaking at inauguration.
2) Obama decided against one of his cabinet memebrs (richardson) cause richardson didn't disclose fully on his resume.

Wow, so he puts up a guy repubs love, and then he bounces someone who lied about his resume.  Wow, what a bum, huh?  ;)
then theres that whole lack of any credible experience thing, but yea your right thats nothing to worry about.