Author Topic: NBC BANS COULTER FOR LIFE  (Read 2883 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
NBC BANS COULTER FOR LIFE
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
NBC BANS COULTER FOR LIFE; CUT FROM 'TODAY' SHOW OVER BOOK'S CLAIMS, NO MORE CABLE
Mon Jan 05 2009 17:50:57 ET

The nation's top selling conservative author has been banned from appearing on NBC, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Banned for life!

"We are just not going to have her on any more, it's over," a top network source explains.

NBC's TODAY show abruptly cut Ann Coulter from its planned Tuesday broadcast, claiming the schedule was overbooked.

But executives at NBC TODAY replaced Coulter with showbiz reporter Perez Hilton, who recently offered $1,000 to anyone who would throw a pie at Ann Coulter. Hilton is also launching a new book this week, RED CARPET SUICIDE.

Coulter was set to unveil her new book, GUILTY.

But one network insider claims it was the book's theme -- a brutal examination of liberal bias in the new era -- that got executives to dis-invite the controversialist.

"We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now," a TODAY insider reveals. "It's such a downer. It's just not the time, and it's not what our audience wants, either."

For the book, Coulter reportedly received the most-lucrative advance ever paid to a conservative author.

The TODAY show eagerly invited the author months ago, for her first network interview on GUILTY.

The exclusive was to air during the show's 7 AM hour. The cut came Monday afternoon.

Coulter was also to appear on the TODAY's fourth hour. A host even teased the segment saying the 'conservative pit bull and bestselling author' would be a guest.

NBC's cable outlet, MSNBC, will also become a Coulter-free zone, insiders explain.

Developing...
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: NBC BANS COULTER FOR LIFE
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »
I'd ban her to if my network was under fire by a book whiched pointed out how orgasmic my network has been for Obama. I'm sure she crucifies Mathews and his "thrill up my leg" quote or that its his job to make Obama succeed. Never heard that in 2000 or 2004. Nor have I ever heard Medina Benjiman (Code Pink) or Michael Moore or Huffington...or whatever other liberal douche being banned from Fox. Once again libs showing us who they really are.

We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now," a TODAY insider reveals. "It's such a downer. It's just not the time, and it's not what our audience wants, either."

What the fuck is that...what is that. Thats bullshit. They're impartial journalists.....oh wait.  ::)
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »
I like to see another source on this other than the Drudge report, no offence.

I can't see why a network would ban a writer, no matter how bad her opinions are.

An interview with her could be really interesting.

So if it's true, I think it's bullshit.

But I'd like to see it confirmed from another more reliable source.
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
What the fuck is that...what is that. Thats bullshit. They're impartial journalists.....oh wait.  ::)

LOL... both sides do it.  Remember Hannity kissing Palin's ass?  he didn't ask a single tough question.  It was 60 minutes of "How do you explain your courage in the face of so much unfounded media bias, your holiness?"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »
LOL... both sides do it.  Remember Hannity kissing Palin's ass?  he didn't ask a single tough question.  It was 60 minutes of "How do you explain your courage in the face of so much unfounded media bias, your holiness?"

240...nobody banned anybody on Fox...ok nobody is banned on FOX. A major news outlet is banning a conservative because she says bad things about anchors on that station and calls into question how they conduct their news. Everybody knows where Hannity stands.

Hedge.....Drudge is a news clearing house and this story quotes NBC officials. Its like any other major clearing house for news...much like realclearpolitics. He's to the right but all his news is hard. I would expect that a story will follow from another site when the fulls story is released.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »
 :o  Cowards. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »
Its funny...these CT wack jobs connect all kinds of bizarre dots to concoct the 911 conspiracy yet Obama is laying out a Left Wing nanny state that appeases terrorists.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 04:48:02 PM »
Its funny...these CT wack jobs connect all kinds of bizarre dots to concoct the 911 conspiracy yet Obama is laying out a Left Wing nanny state that appeases terrorists.

The two co-chairs of the 911 commission, keane and hamilton, say we need another investigation into the events of 9/11.

I trust them.  Don't you?

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
Hahahaha, I love it, proves liberal media can't handle the truth. Hahahahahaha!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 04:16:41 AM »

WHy do you think FOX news helped to cover up the John Edwards affair for 9 months - even AFTER Miss Coulter broke the news to the world?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:02 AM »
As far as the Drudge report publishing this story with only anonymous sources and not giving NBC officials a chance to comment - that's just very poor journalism on their part.

Personally, I'd never publish a story under those conditions.

It's bad journalism.

"top network source"

WTF is that?

You can't publish shit when there's neither a named source or you haven't given the accused party a chance to address the matter.

As empty as paradise

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »
She was taken off as a guest of one of the NBC shows.  Not sure if she was completely banned, I don't have that info.

If she was banned, thats a disgrace and again shows the bias in some news stations. What happened to the media reporting stories and being unbiased?  The partisan agendas are out of hand.  Journalism needs to re-examine itself and the way they teach upcoming journalists. Because Coulter is critical of liberals and the liberal media, they don't want her.  If terrorists like Ayers are allowed to be guests, then surely there is no issue with coulter.  She is brash and I don't care for her attitude, but she has some ligitimate points.

Her criticizm is apparently directed at the media far more than Obama.
Some are ignoring significant cultural, family and other issues related to bringing up children in this country.  Its not pleasant to hear some of the things she writes about, but its hard to argue that there isn't a good deal of truth to some points.  (I haven't read her book and won't, just heard her on two interviews)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »
it's about time someone shut up that skank, conservative windbag.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »
Media censurship must apply to both sides then.

Coulter's attitude is an issue IMO but the people need to hear the criticizms of the liberal media.

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »
WHy do you think FOX news helped to cover up the John Edwards affair for 9 months - even AFTER Miss Coulter broke the news to the world?

"FOX" just waited until they got all of the facts before they released it.

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:19 AM »
As far as the Drudge report publishing this story with only anonymous sources and not giving NBC officials a chance to comment - that's just very poor journalism on their part.

Personally, I'd never publish a story under those conditions.

It's bad journalism.

"top network source"

WTF is that?

You can't publish shit when there's neither a named source or you haven't given the accused party a chance to address the matter.

Then it was also poor journalism when the press was slandering Palin after the elections by saying "an unknown source confirms" talking about how she was supposedly such a diva during the campaign. Funny, that source was never confirmed.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »

As opposed to the probing questions of Olberman?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:08 AM »
it's about time someone shut up that skank, conservative windbag.

Now if we could just shut up left wing commies like Olberman,Mathews,Maddow,Couric,Rather,Jennings,etc.etc.All America haters and liars.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 08:33:45 AM »
Now if we could just shut up left wing commies like Olberman,Mathews,Maddow,Couric,Rather,Jennings,etc.etc.All America haters and liars.
they don;t hate America, they hate the cowards and hypocrites running it for the last 8 years.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 08:35:32 AM »
This sounds fishy. Ann has always been a conservative attack dog. Talk about lipstick on a pig. I doubt the suits at NBC thought they were getting a level-headed, middle-of-the-road pundit when they booked her and then all of a sudden realized her actual politics hours before she was scheduled to appear.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »
they don;t hate America, they hate the cowards and hypocrites running it for the last 8 years.

Maddow doesn't even know what the hell she's talking about half the time. She got the job because she can package her Lesbian snark pseudo-smart guy crap, effectively.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 08:51:06 AM »

HILARIOUS...TRUTH ::)

Check it out man. Man to man w/o political bias. Ann's Bitterness and divisive nature isnt what the masses need now at this point in our country's struggles. The time for undermining and being bitter that your party didnt win is over and there needs to be much more pulling together in our country. She isnt about that at all. She tries to be slick and do real immature things like call Barak Obama ...B. Huessien...like dude really, grow up. Yeah its his name. But if his name was Barak Earl Obama she wouldnt call him earl. Just as she never called George Bush G. Walker....See Shit like that is just not needed and it stinks of bitterness and its just counter productive to where our country is trying to go.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:47 AM »
Maddow doesn't even know what the hell she's talking about half the time. She got the job because she can package her Lesbian snark pseudo-smart guy crap, effectively.
Coulter is the conservative version of what you just described only nastier.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »
OH no....she is attacking the media for being in bed with a particular candidate and soirry dude, its a journalists job to question and fact find, not cheer lead. U want a cheerleader u watch Hannity or that idiot Obermann. U know what ur getting. NBC was in the tank for Obama, the facts, stats all prove that out. Who got better coverage, who said what, who "got a thrill up their leg. Funny we needed people to question Bush and disagree etc while we were invloved in a fucking war, but now that Barry is in charge...we should all come together and unite right?...For the common good. Sorry, but I will question everything this dumbass does.

Quaker...Meddow tries to come off as smart...she gets smoked all the time.
L