Author Topic: Which Country  (Read 552 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Which Country
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:53:26 PM »
Lies most to its people through propaganda to the point its people are living in a total fantasy land?

Discuss

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Which Country
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »
Lies most to its people through propaganda to the point its people are living in a total fantasy land?

Discuss

North Korea, Iran, China, the United States
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
North Korea, Iran, China, the United States

Yep. 

You can argue it's so we live happier lives.  Would I want to expose my goldfish to the horrors of the African mining/blood diamond issues?  Nah, I'd just let her keep on swimming in circles, forgetting everything every 30 seconds anyway.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:40 PM »
Yep. 

You can argue it's so we live happier lives.  Would I want to expose my goldfish to the horrors of the African mining/blood diamond issues?  Nah, I'd just let her keep on swimming in circles, forgetting everything every 30 seconds anyway.

Well, you can make that argument for the entire civilized world then. Unless you think Europe is privy to information we in the USA aren't?

I would put every middle eastern country, China, Iran, Venezuela right behind North Korea. And a shitload of African countries. Zimbabwe for one. Kenya. The Congo, etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »
Well, you can make that argument for the entire civilized world then. Unless you think Europe is privy to information we in the USA aren't?

I would put every middle eastern country, China, Iran, Venezuela right behind North Korea. And a shitload of African countries. Zimbabwe for one. Kenya. The Congo, etc.

yes.  most countries seem to do it.

What i'm saying is that many non-americans on getbig know a shitload more about things we're doing, than we do lol...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
yes.  most countries seem to do it.

What i'm saying is that many non-americans on getbig know a shitload more about things we're doing, than we do lol...

I don't think so. Most of us get our news from the internet. Sites like liveleak and other places that aren't controlled by this "information hiding media." What major news do they know about that we don't? I'm curious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
I don't think so. Most of us get our news from the internet. Sites like liveleak and other places that aren't controlled by this "information hiding media."

"Most" of us?

Most of us who spend time arguing politics, sure.

For the average Mtv watching idiot, or the average 48-year old blue collar guy, or the 38-year old soccer mom... I'm guessing Tom brokaw and Katie Couric, or cnn.com, get a lot more attention than underground sites.

I'm sure someone could compile the readership/viewership numbers.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
"Most" of us?

Most of us who spend time arguing politics, sure.

For the average Mtv watching idiot, or the average 48-year old blue collar guy, or the 38-year old soccer mom... I'm guessing Tom brokaw and Katie Couric, or cnn.com, get a lot more attention than underground sites.

I'm sure someone could compile the readership/viewership numbers.

LOL. That's my fault. I actually assumed that most Americans were like us. That was retarded on my part. I take it back. But I assume it's this way for most of the world. I don't think the Europeans are any better off than us. The populace needs to be controlled somehow. For example, they don't want to hear about the fact that the dollar is on the verge of a complete collapse. They want their lives to be distracted. They'd rather listen to some Muslims rant and bicker over a piece of desert with Jews.  ::)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »
Maybe I should have started a thread asking which countries are living closer to the truth then others... :-\