Author Topic: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List  (Read 41777 times)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Re: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
Well im doing ok mate. But don't let the getbiggers know, they will think im making a comeback and than i would be open to all sorts of abuse! LOL! ;D
I won't say anything about it.  ;)

peaker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »
Tony puts on a great show every year!

First ever BB show I went to was the Aus Grand Prix Priest took out.  Had the Aussies fans going nuts.

Keep up the great work Tony.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »
Dexter will win this one.

AVBG

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:17 PM »

Dexter wont be there.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
Dexter wont be there.

Where is the Final list??It's Not like this show is months away. Don't they have a 6 week rule that all competitors have to be contracted?.

YiriSS

• Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

dexter won the olympia so doesnt need to do this one

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
dexter won the Olympia so doesn't need to do this one
        Are you saying this is a 4th tier show??

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »
        Are you saying this is a 4th tier show??

You are starting to sound like godfather/missKaren. More gimicks, same shit. Like I said to them/you, all of your personalities need some new material....

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2009, 04:00:36 AM »
lol yeah luke wood making a comeback!! ;D i wonder if its true?? ::)

i will just have to ask him myself if he at the show??

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2009, 04:01:43 AM »
all the best messiah, im sure it will be a great show! look forward to seeing dennis james again.

it would be great to have someone like darrem charles comeout. great physique amd amazing poser!

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2009, 04:14:03 AM »
On the contrary, they are all fully accredited IFBB judges but I know that some of them would have little idea what happens outside of the Australasia.. Which generally equates to fairer judging as they don't really follow what happens (personality wise)on the US or European circuit- being able to judge a physique and not the person/personality.

you seem to be on the pulse avbg and seem to know your stuff. i read alot of your posts and yes some are shit and meaningless but most are on the money. i know you live in australia so if you had to rate your best aussie pro who would it be?? i think jon davie is even though we still have not seen much of him lately, but in 2002 or 2003 (i forget) he was on the money big time and i have not seen an aussie come close to that besides lee priest but he was not living in australia at the time.

plus im from qeensland so i go for jon. luke wood is ok but never hits his peak, his offseason seems to be better than precontest. i have no idead what ivan sadic looks like, ive heard freaky but have to wait and see??

AVBG

« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
you seem to be on the pulse avbg and seem to know your stuff. i read alot of your posts and yes some are shit and meaningless but most are on the money. i know you live in australia so if you had to rate your best aussie pro who would it be?? i think jon davie is even though we still have not seen much of him lately, but in 2002 or 2003 (i forget) he was on the money big time and i have not seen an aussie come close to that besides lee priest but he was not living in australia at the time. plus im from qeensland so i go for jon. luke wood is ok but never hits his peak, his offseason seems to be better than precontest. i have no idead what ivan sadic looks like, ive heard freaky but have to wait and see??

Best ever Aussie pro would be between Sonny Schmidt

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »
Priest has been and always will be Australias Best.Even at his worst he beat your Davie who placed LAST at the Olympia.Sonny was Great but not as good as Priest.Doherty was good when on stage competing almost won his Pro card.

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
tony doherty competed??

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »
Best ever Aussie pro would be between Sonny Schmidt

may he rest in peace, he was awsome! but my question was current pro's competing today??

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
tony doherty competed??

Yeah I competed in the 80s and early 90's.

I was never good enough to go pro but got sliced at both 90 and 100kgs.

After I finished competing I actually got a lot better, training for the Olympias with Sonny through to '97. I might put up some pics one day.

He was an awesome bodybuilder and a ripper bloke, I miss him every day. (RIP brother)

The best we have now is Lee, by far. Jon davie is an awesome bodybuilder but only competes every few years. I think both Ivan and Con can have possible futures.

It is a tough gig as a pro sometimes standing next to the best makes you improve, sometimes it can scare you off.

AVBG

« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »
may he rest in peace, he was awsome! but my question was current pro's competing today??
Ok on recent era/form it has to be Lee Priest  (just before his injury he won three shows including the 06 Ironman).

John Davies although a great bodybuilder has been quiet in recent years - I'd like to see him compete again but as he works as a rep for a supp company in Qld he's interests may not be with competing.

Luke Wood's profile in the last 4 years had progressively increased and he wasn't without his fans in Australia- Luke was a good supporter of the Aus pro gp an props to him for that.

Other guy's we'll see compete like Ivan Sadek is looking to make waves in the Aus show. For those who havent seen Ivan I am sure he'll impress in a couple of weeks.

Also not forgetting Con Demetriou, he's got a real classic look to his physique and he'll be one to watch move up the ranks when he's physique matures, he's recently trained with Charles Glass.

I've seen Tony's pics - he had a great phyisue

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40:31 PM »
Yeah I competed in the 80s and early 90's.

I was never good enough to go pro but got sliced at both 90 and 100kgs.

After I finished competing I actually got a lot better, training for the Olympias with Sonny through to '97. I might put up some pics one day.

He was an awesome bodybuilder and a ripper bloke, I miss him every day. (RIP brother)

The best we have now is Lee, by far. Jon davie is an awesome bodybuilder but only competes every few years. I think both Ivan and Con can have possible futures.

It is a tough gig as a pro sometimes standing next to the best makes you improve, sometimes it can scare you off.

Great post Tony mate! ;)

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2009, 05:43:40 PM »

What does this have to do with this particular show or thread??

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »
Luke how is thyroid when will you back on stage in Ironman condition??You were top 5 in that show but placed 7th.Politics.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
lol yeah luke wood making a comeback!! ;D i wonder if its true?? ::)

i will just have to ask him myself if he at the show??

Yeah, yeah, "i bet you say after the show that you could'nt see me or i was too busy to stop and talk or brushed you etc".....!!!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2009, 05:51:29 PM »
Luke how is thyroid when will you back on stage in Ironman condition??You were top 5 in that show but placed 7th.Politics.

Ask Hank about my "Thyroid Storm", he knows more than me! ;D

I have never competed in the Ironman, but the show you are referring too is the 2005 New York Pro. My problem is i normally look like that 9 mths of the year, except when i start dieting  ;D. But im resting up and who knows what the future will hold?? ;)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »
Sonny was Great but not as good as Priest.Doherty was good when on stage competing almost won his Pro card.
Sonny was a kiwi born Samoan , he moved to oz later in life.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
Hey Luke, I will miss you in the show this year. You are a gentleman and a fuckin champion!

Luke has been my most regular Aussie in the show and has more than proven himself as a top pro. Luke may have messed up a couple of times but he nailed it more times than not. He has done more with his chosen sport than most people will do with their whole lives.

Say a big Hi to your family for me mate, see you in a couple of weeks.

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2009, 02:53:59 AM »
What does this have to do with this particular show or thread??

is this not the australian grand prix?  ::)