Author Topic: Renzo Gracie Academy  (Read 736 times)

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
Renzo Gracie Academy
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
I know I've seen a few guys posting about training at Renzo Gracie's academy in Manhattan and was wondering if I could get some feedback. I've trained Judo/BJJ in NYC for about 2 years but unfortunately my schedule no longer allows for me to train at my original school. I'm obviously disappointed about this but see it as an opportunity to finally join what is talked about as one of the best BJJ academies on the east coast. What I want to know from people who have trained there is; Do you really think that the level of skill and instruction there exceeds most places in NYC and if so why? Any answer is greatly appreciated!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Renzo Gracie Academy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:31:11 AM »
i think its the best,renzo is teaching everynight,in the morning you got john danaher who is a renzo blackbelt teaching,you got abunch of guys who competed in the abu dhabi submission events.and abunch of mma champions and competetors.i feel its the best place on the east coast.just to give you an idea how good danaher is,i saw him tool george st pierre when georges came to renzos to get ready for the bj penn fight,i mean he was subbing georges every 2 minutes.many others who where there will testify to that.when you get ready to go let me know,ill tell acouple of my friends to look out for ya and hook you up.i havent trained there in abit cause i moved out of the area,but i miss it big time and your game will get so good so fast you wont believe it,it didnt realize how good i got till 5 months later i went back to my old school and subbed all the dudes that used to toy with me and sub me at will,they where freaked out.that was a great feeling man
R

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
Re: Renzo Gracie Academy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:19:59 AM »
i think its the best,renzo is teaching everynight,in the morning you got john danaher who is a renzo blackbelt teaching,you got abunch of guys who competed in the abu dhabi submission events.and abunch of mma champions and competetors.i feel its the best place on the east coast.just to give you an idea how good danaher is,i saw him tool george st pierre when georges came to renzos to get ready for the bj penn fight,i mean he was subbing georges every 2 minutes.many others who where there will testify to that.when you get ready to go let me know,ill tell acouple of my friends to look out for ya and hook you up.i havent trained there in abit cause i moved out of the area,but i miss it big time and your game will get so good so fast you wont believe it,it didnt realize how good i got till 5 months later i went back to my old school and subbed all the dudes that used to toy with me and sub me at will,they where freaked out.that was a great feeling man
Thanks for the feedback man, I really, really appreciate it. That is exactly the kind of stuff that I wanted to hear, especially from somebody who has really trained there. I've heard from just about everyone that Danaher is truly one of the best grapplers and teachers around and he really knows how to improve your game. Well I guess it's time for me to get my ass to Renzo's!