Author Topic: Inquiry launched into 'UFO attack' on turbine  (Read 1867 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Inquiry launched into 'UFO attack' on turbine
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »
An investigation was under way today into how a 65ft blade was mysteriously torn off a wind turbine amid reports of “strange lights” in the sky.

The 300ft turbine at Conisholme in Lincolnshire was left wrecked after the incident. The Sun quoted residents speculating that the damage could have been caused by a UFO.

Ecotricity, the company which operates the turbine, said it was investigating the unprecedented incident. A spokeswoman said: “We’re conducting a thorough investigation into what happened. This kind of thing has never happened to us before.”

The missing blade was found on the ground beneath the turbine, she said, adding that the company could not speculate on the cause of the damage. “An engineer has been on the site since it happened, early on Sunday morning, and is carrying out a sort of forensic investigation.”

The Sun said flashing orange-yellow spheres had been seen by dozens of people in the area, including by Dorothy Willows, who lives half a mile from the scene of the incident. Ms Willows was in her car when she saw the lights.

"She said: "The lights were moving across the sky towards the wind farm. Then I saw a low flying object. It was skimming across the sky towards the turbines."

The blade was ripped off hours later, at 4am.

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident. A spokesman said: “The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity. Unless there’s evidence of a potential threat, there’s no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported.”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Inquiry launched into 'UFO attack' on turbine
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »
Dennis Kucinich should investigate this immediately. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:41:06 AM »
Dennis Kucinich should investigate this immediately. 

he's too busy defending hamas, get with the program.

In all seriousness, however, you have three dozen people all reporting the same lights, then something tears a 65-foot steel blade in half.  Well, you can make all the goofy faces and laugh about alien jokes, but something unusual happened here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
Although I believe the UFO's probably do exist in some fashion, I do not beleive that they only congregate in these little towns and remote places. 

It could have been a drone, a military spy plane, a remote control device, or anything. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:22:51 AM »
It could have been a drone, a military spy plane, a remote control device, or anything. 

yep.   And it was strong enough to shear off a 65-foot steel blade.  That's some serious fucking power right there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:24:56 AM »
yep.   And it was strong enough to shear off a 65-foot steel blade.  That's some serious fucking power right there.

Please, our drones blow up trucks and people and carry small missles.  A blade on a wind mill is nothing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »
Please, our drones blow up trucks and people and carry small missles.  A blade on a wind mill is nothing.

yeah, but it would have fcked up the drone, right?

Whatever tore a big piece of steel in half had a really bad night too.  I don't think drones can hit an object at that speed and just walk it off.

Mons Venus

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:55:58 AM »
yeah, but it would have fcked up the drone, right?

Whatever tore a big piece of steel in half had a really bad night too.  I don't think drones can hit an object at that speed and just walk it off.

Good point. Story seems legit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »
I have a good friend who is managing the construction of a wind farm in Stephenville Tx (the town where they had all  the UFO sightings that made the news on CNN in January 08 and summer 08).   He's seen videos and photos that have never made it to the news.   He said that guys from the govt showed up and confiscated many of the photos and videos before they ever made it out to the public. 

Among his many jobs he manages a group of workers who install the props and also repair damage.  These guys have digital cameras to take photos of damaged equipment, etc.. my friend claims to seen photos taken in daytime photos of large structured craft.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
I have a good friend who is managing the construction of a wind farm in Stephenville Tx (the town where they had all  the UFO sightings that made the news on CNN in January 08 and summer 08).   He's seen videos and photos that have never made it to the news.   He said that guys from the govt showed up and confiscated many of the photos and videos before they ever made it out to the public. 

Among his many jobs he manages a group of workers who install the props and also repair damage.  These guys have digital cameras to take photos of damaged equipment, etc.. my friend claims to seen photos taken in daytime photos of large structured craft.   

Straw Man,
I thought you were a skeptic.  What's happening to you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »
Straw Man,
I thought you were a skeptic.  What's happening to you?

you thought I was a skeptic on UFO's?

I've posted numerous times that I believe it is a genuine mystery i.e. that I believe they are real though I don't know what they are (my own personal belief is that they might be inter-dimensional)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »

I've posted numerous times that I believe it is a genuine mystery i.e. that I believe they are real though I don't know what they are (my own personal belief is that they might be inter-dimensional)

A skeptic in general.

Visitors from another planet, from another dimension, or from another time?  Well...I respect your beliefs.   ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »

Belief in all powerful being ... bad.

Belief in inter-dimensional aliens ... good.

I guess all people including need to believe in something.
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »

I always find that humorous. 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 02:07:02 PM »
Fraking Cylons.  >:(

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
So why will super sophisticated aliens that have the technology to get here will ram into a turbine? They were piloting drunk? lol
They didn't buy a collision alert system for their spaceship?  ;) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »
So why will super sophisticated aliens that have the technology to get here will ram into a turbine? They were piloting drunk? lol
They didn't buy a collision alert system for their spaceship?  ;) ::)

lol.   :)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/UFO-Sighting-After-Wind-Turbine-Blade-Damaged-In-Conisholme-Lincolnshire/Article/200901215199411?f=rss

Fraser McLachlan, chief executive of GCube, which insures more than 25,000 wind turbines worldwide, said that although it is unusual, this type of incident happens about five or six times a year.

"It does happen that a blade will sometimes just come off a machine for one reason or another," he said.

Web Chat
Why Do We Love UFOs? red chevron
What is our fascination with extraterrestrial sightings?

"The main reason is the blade may shear.

Here is video of a turbine ripped apart by wind shear.
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/02/video_catastrop.php
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
amid reports of “strange lights” in the sky. [/b]

The Sun said flashing orange-yellow spheres had been seen by dozens of people in the area, including by Dorothy Willows, who lives half a mile from the scene of the incident. Ms Willows was in her car when she saw the lights.

"She said: "The lights were moving across the sky towards the wind farm. Then I saw a low flying object. It was skimming across the sky towards the turbines."

I love it when wind shear lights up the sky for dozens of witnesses.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 02:38:38 PM »

It's amazing that you think that these superior lifeforms have nothing better else to do than anal probing farmers, dissecting cows and crashing into turbine  ::)

If the government are their friend like you probably think, wouldn't they just give them blueprints to one if they for some weird reason wanted to?  ::)

Nothing like 240 logic.... good thing that Mealy and Moore didn't have such a superior logic as you  ;)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

9-11 used remote controlled missiles too.

Turbine blades come off a few times a year.

Maybe there was a low flying plane or helicopter near the wind turbine field.
That made the lights.

I think we need the ghostbusters.

I guess we should get another investigation for this too.
Z

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
A skeptic in general.

Visitors from another planet, from another dimension, or from another time?  Well...I respect your beliefs.   ;D

notice I used the word "might" be from another dimension

I have drawn no conclusions

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »

if you're referring to me I've never said "belief" in god or aliens or interdimension beings was either good or bad.