Author Topic: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting  (Read 10672 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
The President of the United States needs to have some thicker skin than this chick.

I may not like Bush, but at least he had balls and doesn't run around talking about how unfair the media is.

This chick needs to get back to her Moose hunting... She's a joke.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »
no, they were a little rough on her.

Their motive was that she was an awesome news story.  ratings jackpot. 

was she prepared?  Some of you argue 'she was prepared enough', but we all know if she was, it was only marginally, and that there were a lot of people WAY better for the job than her.
I agree that she wasnt as well prepared as she should have been also agree that there where alot of other ppl better for the job...i think thats the problem with news today, it is about ratings to them not necissarily about the truth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »
The President of the United States needs to have some thicker skin than this chick.

I may not like Bush, but at least he had balls and doesn't run around talking about how unfair the media is.

This chick needs to get back to her Moose hunting... She's a joke.

bush does have balls.  He looks you in the eye and says he doesn't care what you think.

Palin is trying to sell this 'small town girl' thing.  If she acted like Hilary clinton for 5 minutes, she'd win in a landslide in 2012 lol... she just doesn't have that grace, shrewd, toughness.  She ACTS like she's tough, but really... still bickering about Katie Couric 4 months later?   

Do you see hilary worrying about campaign shit?  No.  She has 2 weeks til she's sec of state in the middle of this isr/gaza mess. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
She's nothing more than a Milf.
S

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »
Look, if you're going to be vice president and potentially president, you need to be able to answer questions. Especially those pertaining to what your job would entail. ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »
straw i never not once saw that picture on the television, and i watch fox, cnn, msnbc etc...

Palin was unfairly treated by the media, outright lies and idiotic sexist ideas often put out ironicly enough by liberal WOMEN where touted around like truths.

Be honest straw you think she got a fair deal as far as the medias concerned?

I don't think they were any more or less fair with her than with any other candidate (except maybe McCain who was I think got some preferential treatment).   The Palin thing snowballed because of how she conducted herself.

That pic of Obama was everyone including here.  I can't believe you've never seen it (not saying you didn't I'm just suprised).

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »
I don't think they were any more or less fair with her than with any other candidate (except maybe McCain who was I think got some preferential treatment).   The Palin thing snowballed because of how she conducted herself.

That pic of Obama was everyone including here.  I can't believe you've never seen it (not saying you didn't I'm just suprised).
Ive have seen it now just never on tv on any channel that i watch and i watched a lot of different channels during the election. B/c of how she conducted herself? pls explain...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
Ive have seen it now just never on tv on any channel that i watch and i watched a lot of different channels during the election. B/c of how she conducted herself? pls explain...

do you really need me to explain all her gaffes and moose in the headlight moments.

Personally, I'm fine never knowing or hearing about her again.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »
do you really need me to explain all her gaffes and moose in the headlight moments.

Personally, I'm fine never knowing or hearing about her again.
why does that make it ok to harrass her family, question the birth of her latest child in such a degrading manner, and say that she cheated on her husband? Thats horse shit "the way she conducted herself" thats bull shit bro, fine go after her for that, that in no way justifies the slanderous escapade that took place.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »
why does that make it ok to harrass her family, question the birth of her latest child in such a degrading manner, and say that she cheated on her husband? Thats horse shit "the way she conducted herself" thats bull shit bro, fine go after her for that, that in no way justifies the slanderous escapade that took place.

Most if not all of the attacks on her family and the other personal shit was not from the so called mainstream media.
If you recall the initial exposure on the mainstream media was VERY positive and only when we started TALKING and reveal herself to be an idiot did the coverage start to get bad.  Also, as her record started to get researched we learned about trooper gate, the hiring of cronies, her flip flop on the bridge to nowhere, the massive debt she racked up while mayor, etc....

The bottom line is that any public figure is going to be subject to attacks from all over the place and someone who aspires to be commander in chief would do herself a favor by just letting the attacks roll off her back and keep being cool.....sticks and stones...  If she needs a role model for this she could look at Obama.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
Most if not all of the attacks on her family and the other personal shit was not from the so called mainstream media.
If you recall the initial exposure on the mainstream media was VERY positive and only when we started TALKING and reveal herself to be an idiot did the coverage start to get bad.  Also, as her record started to get researched we learned about trooper gate, the hiring of cronies, her flip flop on the bridge to nowhere, the massive debt she racked up while mayor, etc....

The bottom line is that any public figure is going to be subject to attacks from all over the place and someone who aspires to be commander in chief would do herself a favor by just letting the attacks roll off her back and keep being cool.....sticks and stones...  If she needs a role model for this she could look at Obama.
LOL dude they treated obama with kid gloves bro, olbeirman ran a piece about how she was hanging around with drug dealers b/c her daughters boyfriends mom got arrested for drugs  ::) LOL The difference in treatment between the two was rediculous, when obama asked ppl to lay of his wife they did...palin gets accused of cheating on her husband, questioning the birth of her latest child, told she shouldnt be running b/c she just had a child...LOL honestly man i dont think anybody that thinks she got a fair deal or that anybody that thinks she brought it upon herself is looking at it from an objective view point.

I understand ragging on her for her political views, gaffes etc...but dragging her family through the shit  ??? bush league man bush league.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
LOL dude they treated obama with kid gloves bro, olbeirman ran a piece about how she was hanging around with drug dealers b/c her daughters boyfriends mom got arrested for drugs  ::) LOL The difference in treatment between the two was rediculous, when obama asked ppl to lay of his wife they did...palin gets accused of cheating on her husband, questioning the birth of her latest child, told she shouldnt be running b/c she just had a child...LOL honestly man i dont think anybody that thinks she got a fair deal or that anybody that thinks she brought it upon herself is looking at it from an objective view point.

I understand ragging on her for her political views, gaffes etc...but dragging her family through the shit  ??? bush league man bush league.

aren't you the guy who claims to have never seen that Obama pic I posted on the 1rst page

what are the odds maybe you didn't notice all the shitty and unfair treatment of Obama

seriously man, the campaign is over and the outcome wouldn't have changed a bit if we never heard about Palins dopey kids or husband.

Palin dug her own grave one stupid comment at at time

time to move on

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
aren't you the guy who claims to have never seen that Obama pic I posted on the 1rst page

what are the odds maybe you didn't notice all the shitty and unfair treatment of Obama

seriously man, the campaign is over and the outcome wouldn't have changed a bit if we never heard about Palins dopey kids or husband.

Palin dug her own grave one stupid comment at at time

time to move on
again ive seen it many times but never on t.v.
Im not saying that the media didnt go after obama but LOL it was on legitimate political issues for the most part...NOT SO FOR PALIN

WTF does that have to do with this conversation? THAT HAS NOTHING to do with how she was treated and what stories where run on her as opposed to obama. Sounds like you know she was mistreated and dont want to admit it or talk about it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »
agaive seen it many times but never on t.v.in
Im not saying that the media didnt go after obama but LOL it was on legitimate political issues for the most part...NOT SO FOR PALIN

WTF does that have to do with this conversation? THAT HAS NOTHING to do with how she was treated and what stories where run on her as opposed to obama. Sounds like you know she was mistreated and dont want to admit it or talk about it.

oh sorry, I missed that part - so you've seen that photo many times just not on TV

so you saw it on?? the internet (Get Big maybe), magazines, etc...

whatever

Why are you still crying about Palin?

do you think whatever bad stories you're still chapped about really made a difference in the outcome?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
oh sorry, I missed that part - so you've seen that photo many times just not on TV

so you saw it on?? the internet (Get Big maybe), magazines, etc...

whatever

Why are you still crying about Palin?

do you think whatever bad stories you're still chapped about really made a difference in the outcome
No problem the picture was plastered on getbig as you probably know dont read political magazines so...

Why am I still crying about palin? Seriously HAHHAHAHHAHA whos the guy who starts a new thread on her daily? whos the guy who brings her up in every other thread? 240  LOL why arent you asking him?

No I dont think the media outcome would have changed the outcome of the election. HOWEVER that is besides the point and doesnt change the fact that she was treated far different from obama or biden or even mccain. you dont see a problem with that?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 07:56:56 AM »
i spent those initial 2 days reading the lib blogs as they exposed Levi's myspace full of racy pics, skinny pics of her right after baby was born, Etc.  Also I saw the website with her all skinny, taken at whe point she was 7 months pregnant, only to diappear several hours later that sunday.

Yeah, the story is bogus.  You don't delete pics off the state website unless you have something to hide.

yes, that sunday a lot of the evidence was thrown in the fire.  And you don't do that unless ya have something to hide.

Regardless, Dems decided that while she was a liar and a fraud, she did it with the best intentions, and that she was pretty much stupid enough to nail on other things.  So they let the issue die, obama orderred everyone to avoid it.  Obviously it's a big smelly lie.  You don't delete skinny pics from a state website on a sunday unless ya have a really good reason ;) ;) ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »
HOWEVER that is besides the point and doesnt change the fact that she was treated far different from obama or biden or even mccain. you dont see a problem with that?

By which stations?

NBC treated Obama better than Biden.

Fox treated Palin way better.  They had 3 hosts dedicated to 'how bad obama is' and 2 dedicated to 'how awesome palin is'.  Let's be honest.  The stations chose their horse based upon what their viewers wanted, and that was that.

To accuse 'the media of bias', you gotta admit there was both left-wing and right-wing bias, serving diff candidates.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 08:09:25 AM »
By which stations?

NBC treated Obama better than Biden.

Fox treated Palin way better.  They had 3 hosts dedicated to 'how bad obama is' and 2 dedicated to 'how awesome palin is'.  Let's be honest.  The stations chose their horse based upon what their viewers wanted, and that was that.

To accuse 'the media of bias', you gotta admit there was both left-wing and right-wing bias, serving diff candidates.
NO DOUBT again thats the problem with news these days its not about news its about pushing an agenda...doesnt change the fact that she was slaughtered by the main press. Again you may not see a problem with this as hey your horse won but sooner or later the shoe will be on the other foot and you wont think its cool then. I was against all the obama rumors, him being muslim, him not being a citizen. You however perpetuated the palin rumors and bought into the whole heartedly again to think that didnt sway your opinion on her is assinine so how do you know that it didnt sway others?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »
NO DOUBT again thats the problem with news these days its not about news its about pushing an agenda...doesnt change the fact that she was slaughtered by the main press. Again you may not see a problem with this as hey your horse won but sooner or later the shoe will be on the other foot and you wont think its cool then. I was against all the obama rumors, him being muslim, him not being a citizen. You however perpetuated the palin rumors and bought into the whole heartedly again to think that didnt sway your opinion on her is assinine so how do you know that it didnt sway others?

of course i'd like to see all the stations deliver the unbiased truth.  BUt they NEVER have.  They've always put on the editorial goggles based upon their viewing demo.  there's always been left, center, and right wing biases.

The far-right media RAN RAN RAN with the Obama muslim thing.

IF - IF - IF I believed palin would have done a better josb than anyone else, she would have won my vote.  I wouldn't care that she lied about a pregnancy to further her career, if that's true.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
No problem the picture was plastered on getbig as you probably know dont read political magazines so...

Why am I still crying about palin? Seriously HAHHAHAHHAHA whos the guy who starts a new thread on her daily? whos the guy who brings her up in every other thread? 240  LOL why arent you asking him?

No I dont think the media outcome would have changed the outcome of the election. HOWEVER that is besides the point and doesnt change the fact that she was treated far different from obama or biden or even mccain. you dont see a problem with that?

I think he started this thread because She was back in the news hence it was timely and relevent. 

bottom line - the media (all forms) were harsh on all candidates.  I don't believe Palin was treated any worse than anyone else.

Palin should STFU and go back to running her state and stop whining about the media.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »
She did a high profile interview for "howobamagotelected.com" LMAO

She keeps trying to keep herself relevant and in the news.

So she'll get the kiss-asses saying she's the savior in 2012, and you'll get the people who realize how dumb she is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
I think he started this thread because She was back in the news hence it was timely and relevent. 

bottom line - the media (all forms) were harsh on all candidates.  I don't believe Palin was treated any worse than anyone else.

Palin should STFU and go back to running her state and stop whining about the media.
ABOUT HOW SHE WAS MISTREATED, which you already admitted she was

this is why im addressing the ISSUE

She did a high profile interview for "howobamagotelected.com" LMAO

She keeps trying to keep herself relevant and in the news.

So she'll get the kiss-asses saying she's the savior in 2012, and you'll get the people who realize how dumb she is.
LOL dude dont make me list all the palin threads and comments you have made prior to her doing this interview and after the election bro...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »
ABOUT HOW SHE WAS MISTREATED, which you already admitted she was

this is why im addressing the ISSUE
LOL dude dont make me list all the palin threads and comments you have made prior to her doing this interview and after the election bro...

If I admitted anything it was that she got some harsh treatment on blogs and the internet.....JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

The only story here is that she it still too stupid to know when to stop digging that hole

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 08:56:08 AM »
If I admitted anything it was that she got some harsh treatment on blogs and the internet.....JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

The only story here is that she it still too stupid to know when to stop digging that hole

i agree and disagree with that statement she does need to shut up about everything especially if she expects to have any chance in being a political player on the national level later on. At the same time she was slandered by the media so i understand her wanting to address that but i think it would be better for her to let others address it and for her to stay silent.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »

the problem is that alot of liberal media news got their info from these bloggers and ran the bloggers stories on their news station.