Author Topic: jeallousy in teh gym  (Read 6161 times)

tymac63

• Getbig II
Re: jeallousy in teh gym
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 02:18:20 PM »
Bigger and stronger guys in my gym simply inspire me to get to their standard - I couldn't be jealous of them - how could you hate something you want to be?

i'm the same way.  i want to be able to get the same weight as them guys.  alot of peep's don't know that them guys have been lifting for years.  or trains w/ someone that helps them get to that level.  there's haters in every gym....

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »
You sure can classify the millions of....thousands of americans that work out. I'm sure they're all identical. Just like all left handed french red heads are theives. Your silly. You dont know why people go to the gym. I know a 88 year old woman that goes to the gym and walks on the tredmil 5 times a week because she says she feels better afterwards. She doesnt take a single pill and use to be in bad health before she forced herself to try harder and now she's in great health and laughs and jokes almost all the time. Just because you have seen (or heard of) a couple of people that go to the gym to better their egos and to get people to watch them lift weights doesnt mean a damn thing, i hope you realize that. The fact that most gyms are covered with mirrors is because people for 1) they can see what muscle is being worked and 2) they can check their form. Bad form leads to injury. I go to the gym, but i go at 6 each morning when its empty, that kind of shoots a hole in your "people go to gyms for other people to look at them" theory.

But hey, nice try. Next time try sterotyping some other group  ::)

looks like i hit a nerve.

sorry if thats the case.

I just said people who lift weights are insecure to some extent, all of em. And that some are bigger attention whores than some others, hence the fact some prefer to train in a gym to be SEEN training while other just train at home and dont care about the "look at me lifting weights" thing.

If you enjoy socializing and showing off in the gym, like a lot of people, so what?  whatever floats your boat. But you could get as much if not more results training at home alone.
Isnt it about LIFTING WEIGHTS first?

For some, it's more about beeing looked at, than lifting weights for the sheer pleasure of doing it.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
you said something like 99.9999%

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
you said something like 99.9999%
when i go to the gym all i see are men or women, whatever how old they are, who are obviously whoring for attention, and a very very very few like me that just go there to lift weights in peace.

I like people to put their personal troubles and insecurities aside when they hang in a public place, and i hate when they dont and ruin it all for the others with their abnormal and extremistic behaviors. Most gym members always seem to have something to prove...i dont, i just went there to lift weights, not to compare myself with other losers in need for recognition cause their personal life sucks. Especially when people looking like shit are AS if not MORE egocentric and narcisistic thus annoying than people who at least look good.

You guys "enjoy" this? no problem, more power to you, i simply don't understand what is fun sharing equipment with retards in a circus. Especially when you know you can have the best of both world training at home.

No jealousy going to happen in your basement or garage.

If you re alrdy insecure, narcistic , egocentrical and self centered, (and we know we re all a bit like that somehow) then the gym will only makes it get worse. I see no long term benefit for a human being in worsening these kind of behaviors in a negative environment.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
i dont have a basement and the cars go in the garage.

a gym will have more equitment and be more fun enjoyable better craic than 99.9999% of home gyms.

I go to lift weights but i have fun when i do so. I joke about i laugh. As does everyone in my gym. A lot inmy gym come in hat on fleece on earphones in do their hour or so then head on. Their are posers etc everywhere and weights will attract elements from the outskirts of society in teh way MMA etc does.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »

a gym will have more equitment and be more fun enjoyable better craic than 99.9999% of home gyms.

I go to lift weights but i have fun when i do so. I joke about i laugh. As does everyone in my gym. A lot inmy gym come in hat on fleece on earphones in do their hour or so then head on. Their are posers etc everywhere and weights will attract elements from the outskirts of society in teh way MMA etc does.

let's say you can stand what i don't ; i personaly think being forced to spend time with retards makes your life less enjoyable, but hey thats only my opinion. 

oh ,and that i had enough spare room to build my home custom gym.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 02:48:41 PM »
bad way to go through life.

fair play to you. can you post a pic of your gym. Be interested to see what it looks like

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »
bad way to go through life.

fair play to you. can you post a pic of your gym. Be interested to see what it looks like
How is it bad to avoid daily useless and unproductive relationships and even conflicts with people you dont know when you can ?
It'S not like you're going to meet your best friends of wife in the gym ...

To me you're the one who is forced to train in a gym cause you have no choice...

squat rack, incline/decline olympic bench, 2 barbells, 1 e-z, dumbells , ab board, sited calf raise machine, plates.

oh by the way it's also a lot cheaper to train at home and you can blast your fav music as loud as you want.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »
i have an mp3 i find it more intense for some reason in terms of sound.

a pic would be great just wanna see layout etc, space you have etc

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

i work on my traps, neck, shoulders, chest, back, tris, bis, abs, quads, harmstrings and calves  in my home gym . Have two to 4 diff exercize for each bodypart available with the equipment i own.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »
thats great and all but you dont ahve teh same equitment. No hack squat lat pulldown dipping station etc

you have equitment to get the job done. That is all

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »
thats great and all but you dont ahve teh same equitment. No hack squat lat pulldown dipping station etc

you have equitment to get the job done. That is all

does one need more? 

Like your body benefits more from training in a gym than in a more limited home gym?  Visit bodybuilding.com s bodyspaces, you ll see millions of people training at home with the kind of stuff i own and getting great results ... It's all about genetics , the food you can eat and your consistancy that matters in the end, especially for naturals. 

Again the debate was about jealous people in the gym, my point is that to avoid shity behaviors like these the best way is to avoid gyms wich are full of anoying losers or attention whores and that training at home you can enjoy doing your thing without all the useless harassing crap you're being forced to deal with in a public gym.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »
I'm not jealous of anyone who is strong because I don't care about strength, but at times I would use this one juiced up a-hole as motivation.  I would try to beat him naturally.  I never did but I did help push me.  

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
does one need more? 

Like your body benefits more from training in a gym than in a more limited home gym?  Visit bodybuilding.com s bodyspaces, you ll see millions of people training at home with the kind of stuff i own and getting great results ... It's all about genetics , the food you can eat and your consistancy in th end anyways, especially for naturals. 

Again the debate was about jealous people in the gym, my point is that to avoid shity behaviors like these the best way is to avoid gyms wich are full of anoying losers or attention whores and that training at home you can enjoy doing your thing without all the useless harassing crap you're being forced to deal with in a public gym.

most people dont let other people get in their head to bother them.

but your doing what you have to do so fair play to you. You were forced out but worked out better for you as you said.

Good luck

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
I'm not jealous of anyone who is strong because I don't care about strength, but at times I would use this one juiced up a-hole as motivation.  I would try to beat him naturally.  I never did but I did help push me.  

so basically you just want to train cause you enjoy lifting weights, you then go the gym, and once there,  because you are forced to cross other people paths in a public place, you start feeling that you have to prove stuff to complete strangers...

all of which could be avoided by just training at home and enjoying doing what you like without having to feel uncomfortable / insecure comparing yourself to strangers.

Again im sorry if you guys cant afford enough room to train at home, i didnt think i would consider myself privileged for being able to do so, but looks like it's the case.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
will you please post a pic im dead interested in it

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
so basically you just want to train cause you enjoy lifting weights, you then go the gym, and once there,  because you are forced to cross other people paths in a public place, you start feeling that you have to prove stuff to complete strangers...

all of which could be avoided by just training at home and enjoying doing what you like without having to feel uncomfortable / insecure comparing yourself to strangers.

Again im sorry if you guys cant afford enough room to train at home, i didnt think i would consider myself privileged for being able to do so, but looks like it's the case.

Calm down you're about to melt down!  Epic puting words in my mouth.  I never said anything against training at home.  I just stated tha I don't care about strength and that I use other physiques to motivate myself.  I enjoy going to the gym but if training at home is your cup of tea then good times.  Yeesh.   8)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
most people dont let other people get in their head to bother them.

but your doing what you have to do so fair play to you. You were forced out but worked out better for you as you said.

Good luck

I'm not the one complaining there are jealous people in gyms, which is the subject of this trhead, i just answered to give some thoughts about how to avoid these kind of harassements, i think it was the point of the thread initially.

Now if some people pretend that they enjoy evolving in a stressing and competitive environment on their spare time thus endangering their passion for what they like to do, well... to me some people just have no other choice but to spend time with anoying morons while practizing their favorite thing cause they cant afford enough room to do it in peace.

But dont pretend you wouldnt like to train at home...just cause you cant.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
to be honest i wouldnt.

No spotters. My gym is near my work i trian then head around. PLus when gym is in your house you get lazy from what i hear.

Its maybe stressful for you not for me man

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »
to be honest i wouldnt.

No spotters. My gym is near my work i trian then head around. PLus when gym is in your house you get lazy from what i hear.

Its maybe stressful for you not for me man
yeah that's because you're so hardcore, i should have known before i even started posting in this thread  ::)

I like it how you pretend that you can only train in a gym cause you are so big and strong and you need all the professional equipment available haha oh man...if only you looked like one the best natural bodybuilder ever that would be at least believable... but i see bigger naturals everyday on bbuilding.com bodyspaces. You shoudl take a look at what other people do with as much or less than you have, would be a good reality check to stay down to earth.

You guys are so deep into the whole bodybuilding/appearance/attention whoring thing you obviously enjoy going to the gym, cause you have other people opinions deep inside your brains....you're addicted to being looked at by strangers... but it's all bullshit and delusions unfortunately   :'(  Someday you will find out anyway, like we all do.

How old are you goudy btw? 28 / 30 ?

As i said it, people who go to the gym while they could have a great workout at home go there solely and mainly for attention whoring/disorder, and you just proved my point furthermore. 

I guess it has somethign to do with age.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
like most, i started training at home, and i still looked in the mirror even then,,,,,,,,,,, by the way, you usualy have to move to a gym soon as u start progressing into mens weights...

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
yeah that's because you're so hardcore, i should have known before i even started posting in this thread  ::)

I like it how you pretend that you can only train in a gym cause you are so big and strong and you need all the professional equipment available haha oh man...if only you looked like one the best natural bodybuilder ever that would be at least believable... but i see bigger naturals everyday on bbuilding.com bodyspaces. You shoudl take a look at what other people do with as much or less than you have, would be a good reality check to stay down to earth.

You guys are so deep into the whole bodybuilding/appearance/attention whoring thing you obviously enjoy going to the gym, cause you have other people opinions deep inside your brains....you're addicted to being looked at by strangers... but it's all bullshit and delusions unfortunately   :'(  Someday you will find out anyway, like we all do.

As i said it, people who go to the gym while they could have a great workout at home go there solely and mainly for attention whoring/disorder, and you just proved my point furthermore. 

i am 22.

I dont have the space for a gym in my house. Nor am i willing to spend 1000s kitting my back yard out with weights.

I am bigger than average and have ok strength. There are much bigger and stronger than me all over. I am the once relaed here. You cant deal with a few women gossipping in the reception area you spent 1000s on your 'home gym', probaly push up bars and a swiss ball.

Maybe you could post a pic of it or yourself?

Like i said i go to the gtm for the equitment, atmosphere, craic, spots then i get showered etc and head round to work

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
i love how every guy thinks his workout is the most hardcore and he's the only one who goes to the gym to train and that anyone who smiles, talks, laughs, rests between sets, looks at people in the eye, doesn't snarl or grimace at people isn't "hardcore like me", "flagada" strikes me as that type. ::)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »

Have you ever considered consulting a mental health professional?
G

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
i love how every guy thinks his workout is the most hardcore and he's the only one who goes to the gym to train and that anyone who smiles, talks, laughs, rests between sets, looks at people in the eye, doesn't snarl or grimace at people isn't "hardcore like me", "flagada" strikes me as that type. ::)

half the time i am alaughing or arsing about joking around in the gym. It makes it more fun.

Plus who wants to be the snarling dickhead in the corner