Author Topic: jeallousy in teh gym  (Read 6160 times)

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
jeallousy in teh gym
« on: January 11, 2009, 06:40:54 AM »
a guy was doing behind the neck presses with two plates each side a couple of years back at a gym i use to go to and people were looking at him and saying things like whats the point in lifting that much weight and that he is on steroids.

Im a very naive guy so be patient with me. Do people get jeallous over things like someone having a better physique,someone being stronger than them, having an expensive car etc when i see someone doing well i never get jeallous of them.

what about people who want to start fights. People say its because they are insecure, but if they were insecure why would they pick a fight?

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: jeallousy in teh gym
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:16:47 AM »
Yes.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
yes
w

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:28:35 AM »
yes
Thunderdome approved

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:33:41 AM »
Yes

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:34:34 AM »
yes

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:35:46 AM »
maybe.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 07:50:48 AM »
I still say yes.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
I'm on the fence about this one.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:03:53 AM »
a guy was doing behind the neck presses with two plates each side a couple of years back at a gym i use to go to and people were looking at him and saying things like whats the point in lifting that much weight and that he is on steroids.

Im a very naive guy so be patient with me. Do people get jeallous over things like someone having a better physique,someone being stronger than them, having an expensive car etc when i see someone doing well i never get jeallous of them.

what about people who want to start fights. People say its because they are insecure, but if they were insecure why would they pick a fight?
how weak are the "men" in your gym if they're all staring in awe at 225 pound presses behind the neck? that's pretty good weight but nothing to stop and stare at.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »
Yet another great thread Max !
 ::)

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »
another schmoe thread about sweaty men, guess we need the cure ;D
Thunderdome approved

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 09:13:14 AM »
I suspect that if people keep pointing the finger at him another altercation may break out.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
I might wish i was the biggest or strongest or think it would be great to be the strongest guy in my gym.

I am not.

And i dont begrudge other people it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
Bigger and stronger guys in my gym simply inspire me to get to their standard - I couldn't be jealous of them - how could you hate something you want to be?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
how weak are the "men" in your gym if they're all staring in awe at 225 pound presses behind the neck? that's pretty good weight but nothing to stop and stare at.
It's not something you see every day, and I can imagine the average gym goer would be impressed by that since most of them can't even do it on bench, squat or dead.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
Bigger and stronger guys in my gym simply inspire me to get to their standard - I couldn't be jealous of them - how could you hate something you want to be?

Same when i was young seeing guys squatting more i watched and wanted to get to that level.

Lot of insecure guys in the gym though, not many think like that.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
99,9% of people who go to the gym go there for attention FIRST, cause they think they are the shit while rubing one in front of the miror before leaving home for the "zone".

Wether they look decent, good or like they never lifted a weight in their life.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »
99,9% of people who go to the gym go there for attention FIRST, cause they think they are the shit while rubing one in front of their miror before leaving home for the "zone".

Wether they look decent, good or like they never lifted a weight in their life.

Thats a silly statement

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 02:09:15 PM »

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
Thats a silly statement

that's the fucking truth. All gym members spend most of their time in the gym looking at each other trying to see if someone is looking at them...

Going to the gym makes you a more insecure attention whore than training at home. If you enjoy going to the gym that's because you like being seen lifting weights and cause you have a demesured ego, basically you're almost a fag who cares way too much about how he look rather than being there just to enjoy lifting the weights and doing some physical activity.

the fact that most gyms are covered with mirors is another dead give away. People enjoy watching themselves lift weights more than they enjoy the physical /health benefits of lifting the weights.
When soemone looks better than them then they all get pissed and start stirring shit and act tough making their insecurities even more apparent.

sick sad place a public gym is.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
I look in the mirror for certain lifts cos it feels easier. Only do it on a few eercises.

Also my gym is more a social event for most people, hence the seats, kitchen, food, tv, haircuts etc

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »
I look in the mirror for certain lifts cos it feels easier. Only do it on a few eercises.

Also my gym is more a social event for most people, hence the seats, kitchen, food, tv, haircuts etc

you're just as insecure as every single weight lifter, I included, i just think going to a gym while you could do the same at home without all the "Look at me " bullshits is better for your mind's sanity. 

Training at home is about focusing on what makes weight lifting an activity you truly enjoy for the positive benefits you get from it, while going to the gym to be seen lifting weights by other people = you're an attention whore who cares way too much about his appearance.

That'S what i hated when going to the gym and what got me into building my own home gym.   The whole "look at me" thing was just getting plain retarded and annoying in the end, to the point i didnt enjoy going there anymore. I never felt more focused than when i started training at home . IT's not even on the same level.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 02:17:17 PM »
i dont have the space or the equitment for weights.

does posting on getbig fall into the attention whore category...?

is it ok if i post at home  ::)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
that's the fucking truth. All gym members spend most of their time in the gym looking at each other trying to see if someone is looking at them...

Going to the gym makes you a more insecure attention whore than training at home. If you enjoy going to the gym that's because you like being seen lifting weights and cause you have a demesured ego, basically you're almost a fag who cares way too much about how he look rather than being there just to enjoy lifting the weights and doing some physical activity.

the fact that most gyms are covered with mirors in another dead give away. People enjoy watching themselves lift weights more than they enjoy the physical /health benefits of lifting the weights.

You sure can classify the millions of....thousands of americans that work out. I'm sure they're all identical. Just like all left handed french red heads are theives. Your silly. You dont know why people go to the gym. I know a 88 year old woman that goes to the gym and walks on the tredmil 5 times a week because she says she feels better afterwards. She doesnt take a single pill and use to be in bad health before she forced herself to try harder and now she's in great health and laughs and jokes almost all the time. Just because you have seen (or heard of) a couple of people that go to the gym to better their egos and to get people to watch them lift weights doesnt mean a damn thing, i hope you realize that. The fact that most gyms are covered with mirrors is because people for 1) they can see what muscle is being worked and 2) they can check their form. Bad form leads to injury. I go to the gym, but i go at 6 each morning when its empty, that kind of shoots a hole in your "people go to gyms for other people to look at them" theory.

But hey, nice try. Next time try sterotyping some other group  ::)