Author Topic: Juice Plus +  (Read 2524 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Juice Plus +
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »
Yes, that's correct. I stick them in my juicer and grind out every last drop, til their nothing left but quivering pulp.  :)

HAHAHA  ;D
S

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »

You're absolutely right. Claims like that should NEVER be made.

The challenge for many people is that when they start taking care of themselves, or doing things to provide nutritional support to their bodies, ...they often experience very beneficial results. Results that make them very emotional, and they cannot help but to share what they are experiencing with others.

His experience may have been a valid one. Over the years I have seen countless people regain their health by providing their bodies with proper nutritional support. In the summer of 2001, I met a girlfriend's 19 yr. old daughter for the first time. She had some very serious health challenges. Her symptoms manifested in such a way that they could best be described as a cross between leukemia and ebola. The doctors couldn't help, and as a last ditch effort wanted to start experimental surgery. My girlfriend said "NO WAY. She's 19, she's got her whole life ahead of her, there was no way she was letting them slice & dice her". They addressed the issue from a nutritional standpoint. It was a very hard fought battle, ...and she had to consume some very "unusual things"  :-X. Actually they both did, because my girlfriend said she wasn't going to make her go through it alone. So everything she made her daughter eat, ...she had to eat herself.  :D  And I have to tell you, ...some of this stuff was plain nasty.  :-X  In 2003, her daughter came by my house to drop something off just before I flew down to Texas. When I opened the door, I almost fainted. I couldn't believe this was the same girl. She was vibrant and simply glowing with good health.

My best friend was given a terminal diagnosis of 6 months to live, back in June 2006.
He chose to address his health challenges nutritionally. Here we are in 2009 and he is still here and thriving.
If he got up on a stage and told his story to a roomful of strangers, ...everyone would probably say "Sha Right"  ::)
But those of us who have fretted, and cried, and worried, and prayed, and watched his progression over the past few years would know he'd be telling the truth.

That guy's story may have been quite truthful, ...and he may have chosen to join the company because of his passionate belief in the product and his desire to share the good news that he found with everyone.

When we get emotional, ...we can also sometimes get a little evangelical because we just have to share it with everyone.

I can see why someone who didn't know him would be skeptical, ...however, ...his friends, associates, colleagues... those within his sphere would know if there was any truthfulness to his story. Were any of them there?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you're not providing your body with the proper nutritional components, you will be ill-at-ease. If you start providing the body with what it needs to function properly, you may shift that state of DIS-ease, ...as you come more into balance.

Ask any physician, and they will tell you that we should all be consuming 5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday.

How many of us actually do that? An earlier poster stressed the need for FIBER. I won't deny fiber is beneficial, and we should all include fiber in our diets. However, IMO, the most beneficial part of consuming fruits & vegetables is NOT for the fiber, but rather the Phytonutrients and Antioxidants. If we want fiber, ...we can eat some pop corn, a bran muffin., etc.,. We should however be making sure to get optimal amounts of phytonutrients and antioxidants everyday.

ps: Did you know that with todays industrial overfarming, in order for us to get the same nutritional components that existed in a cup of spinach grown in 1900, we'd have to eat an entire bathtub full of spinach grown in 2009?

Wow this thread is getting juicy...get it juicy...juice plus...no?...

Seriously, your point is well taken.  Maybee this guy was telling the absolute truth and really believed in his heart that the Juice Plus helped him.  I just could not imagine having gone through that and trying to sell Juice Plus after that. 

Anyways I do think its a good product.  I was on it for a few months back in '01 I believe, and I remember it was $40 a month.  Depending on how beneficial you feel the product is, could be worth it. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 05:24:07 PM »
Wow this thread is getting juicy...get it juicy...juice plus...no?...

Seriously, your point is well taken.  Maybee this guy was telling the absolute truth and really believed in his heart that the Juice Plus helped him.  I just could not imagine having gone through that and trying to sell Juice Plus after that. 

Despite whatever sincerity may have been behind his words (and for the sake of argument I will give him the benefit of the doubt, since I was not there and do not know the man or his situation) he still should not have said what he did. He made a medical claim, and if he was not a physician, his statement would have been prohibited by both his MLM company, as well as the law. Some people make this mistake through innocence, ...others deliberately. Personal health is something people value, unfortunately most too often only after losing it. When people find themselves at the threshold of death's door, and found their way back, ...they get emotional, passionate, and driven to help ease the suffering of those who may be experiencing what they themselves once did. And because of this, some choose to disregard fickle man-made laws in deference to what they believe to be higher immutable laws. Their intentions may be good, ...and they may personally be willing to pay a price for that, ...however, their actions have consequences and repercussions for not only themselves, but many innocent people they do not know, have never met and never will meet. Trust me when I say I am intimately acquainted with the negative repercussions for innocent victims. I've been one. I won't complain though. A friend of mine has the same name as a notorious convicted serial rapist, and it interferes with his social life in a very big way. 

Anyways I do think its a good product.  I was on it for a few months back in '01 I believe, and I remember it was $40 a month.  Depending on how beneficial you feel the product is, could be worth it. 

It's like anything else. The market has various products that provide different degrees of value.

A Ford may not be a superior vehicle than a mercedes, which in turn is no Lamborghini, but each has it's pros & cons. I use to take it regularly myself, infact was one of the first few in Canada to do so. We made the company launch it in Canada when it first came out, ...they originally wanted to launch it only in the USA, but we demanded they launch it in Canada as well. I took it regularly for a while, ...but I just didn't like having to swallow ALL THOSE CAPSULES. OY! I no longer use it. It's been around for at least 15yrs and technology has progressed and produced far superior products. I'm not knocking it mind you. Many computers are still operating on Windows 2000 or XP, ...while others have upgraded to Vista. Bad analogy I know, but I think you know what I'm trying to say. Consumers are still finding value in it.
w