Author Topic: Juice Plus +  (Read 2517 times)

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
Juice Plus +
« on: January 12, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
Anyone ever tried this supplement. I hear goods things about it. And it is very costly.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Juice Plus +
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
Been on it for almost a year now, I'm a big fan of it.  I pay about $45 per box (4 bottles of the veggie + 4 bottles of the fruit).  Not really expensive at all.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
That group is like a cult. I have not seen any evidence that those dehydrated veg/fruit powders assimilate in the body efficiently. The Juice+ freaks will make you believe that their garbage will prevent cancer. Eat real fruit and veges and get the real benefit of the FIBER!!
I am a big baby

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »
That group is like a cult. I have not seen any evidence that those dehydrated veg/fruit powders assimilate in the body efficiently. The Juice+ freaks will make you believe that their garbage will prevent cancer. Eat real fruit and veges and get the real benefit of the FIBER!!
what do u think about eating lots of fruits and veggies and also taking juice +?
palumbo advises to take juice + instead of multi vit...what do u think elite?
w

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
what do u think about eating lots of fruits and veggies and also taking juice +?
palumbo advises to take juice + instead of multi vit...what do u think elite?
A few servings of fruits and veges a day should be sufficient. I have my doubts on how well Juice+ is absorbed by the body. You could always alternate between Juice+ for three months and your multi for a three months and see if you feel a difference. I am sticking to my multi and others vits.
I am a big baby

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »
A few servings of fruits and veges a day should be sufficient. I have my doubts on how well Juice+ is absorbed by the body. You could always alternate between Juice+ for three months and your multi for a three months and see if you feel a difference. I am sticking to my multi and others vits.
all right-thanks
w

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:21:56 PM »
IMO,  its a fad supplement for hippies.

My wife knew a bunch of women who were all doing it.  It seems like the women were more focused on the fantasy that by drinking their Greens drink, they were somehow better than everyone else.  The only thing I saw in common was that they all did yoga, were really fat, and were against lifting heavy weights or doing cardio.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »
Anyone ever tried this supplement. I hear goods things about it. And it is very costly.

The company is owned by a friend of mine. We launched the JuicePlus+ product in 1993.  It's a good product, that can provide you with the necessary fruit & vegetable components that we find hard to consume in our busy lives.

Personally, ...I prefer sinking my teeth into fresh fruits. Nothing beats a nice sweet juicy mango dripping down your chin, or the great taste of raspberries or blackberries melting on your tongue. But when you're on the go, popping a few JuicePlus+ capsules is better than no fruit or veggies at all.

Hope That Helps  :)
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »

Personally, ...I prefer sinking my teeth into fresh fruits. Nothing beats a nice sweet juicy mango dripping down your chin, or the great taste of raspberries or blackberries melting on your tongue. But when you're on the go, popping a few JuicePlus+ capsules is better than no fruit or veggies at all.

Hope That Helps  :)

Jesus dude that sounded sexual to me, i hope i can get the picture of you molesting fruit out of my minde :D

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »
Jesus dude that sounded sexual to me, i hope i can get the picture of you molesting fruit out of my minde :D
As long as you don't visualize Kai Greene and that grapefruit, you'll be fine.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

lol

Exactly what I was thinking!
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »

{blush} Good thing I didn't mention swallowing bananas whole then huh?   :D

ps: I'm not a dude, ...I'm a dudette, ...so it's OK to picture me molesting fruit.

pps: If you think what I do with the fruit is naughty, wait til you hear about what I like to do with carrots?  :o ;D
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 12:24:30 AM »

ps: I'm not a dude, ...I'm a dudette, ...so it's OK to picture me molesting fruit.

pps: If you think what I do with the fruit is naughty, wait til you hear about what I like to do with carrots?  :o ;D

shit. you just got special previliges on this board ;D,

lol, out of respect for princesss, who i assume is female,or, a flamboyant, sorry sucky :D i will cease and desist. you can pm your carrot stores to me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »
you can pm your carrot stores to me
and to me

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »

Exceptionally satisfying post.  ;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
and to me

I'd also be interested to hear about the carrots!  8)
S

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
Wow this is a great thread   ;D

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »
I believe Juice Plus is one of those multi level gigs or something to that effect.

I was at one of the meetings years ago.  I remember the guy telling us that he had some sort of terminal cancer and was only given a short time to live.  He said he started taking Juice Plus and he was cured...seriously that was his story. 

I have to say I was pretty turned off by the story.  Even if I was to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and believe every word coming out of his mouth was true, I'm not sure claims like that should be made.  I'd think he should be thanking God or looking into the scientific reasons for his recovery.  Not trying to get people to join his "network" of distributors.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »
Yeah I heard story of that level. Pretty bogus

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
I believe Juice Plus is one of those multi level gigs or something to that effect.

It is a network marketing company with what is imo to be an antiquated compensation plan.

While their product is good, ...it's not the best, and since it's original launch in 1993, there have been technological advances that have produced superior encapsulated fruits and vegetables that provide a higher ORAC value more economically. That said, ...it's better than going without.

I was at one of the meetings years ago.  I remember the guy telling us that he had some sort of terminal cancer and was only given a short time to live.  He said he started taking Juice Plus and he was cured...seriously that was his story. 

I have to say I was pretty turned off by the story.  Even if I was to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and believe every word coming out of his mouth was true, I'm not sure claims like that should be made.  I'd think he should be thanking God or looking into the scientific reasons for his recovery.  Not trying to get people to join his "network" of distributors.

You're absolutely right. Claims like that should NEVER be made.

The challenge for many people is that when they start taking care of themselves, or doing things to provide nutritional support to their bodies, ...they often experience very beneficial results. Results that make them very emotional, and they cannot help but to share what they are experiencing with others.

His experience may have been a valid one. Over the years I have seen countless people regain their health by providing their bodies with proper nutritional support. In the summer of 2001, I met a girlfriend's 19 yr. old daughter for the first time. She had some very serious health challenges. Her symptoms manifested in such a way that they could best be described as a cross between leukemia and ebola. The doctors couldn't help, and as a last ditch effort wanted to start experimental surgery. My girlfriend said "NO WAY. She's 19, she's got her whole life ahead of her, there was no way she was letting them slice & dice her". They addressed the issue from a nutritional standpoint. It was a very hard fought battle, ...and she had to consume some very "unusual things"  :-X. Actually they both did, because my girlfriend said she wasn't going to make her go through it alone. So everything she made her daughter eat, ...she had to eat herself.  :D  And I have to tell you, ...some of this stuff was plain nasty.  :-X  In 2003, her daughter came by my house to drop something off just before I flew down to Texas. When I opened the door, I almost fainted. I couldn't believe this was the same girl. She was vibrant and simply glowing with good health.

My best friend was given a terminal diagnosis of 6 months to live, back in June 2006.
He chose to address his health challenges nutritionally. Here we are in 2009 and he is still here and thriving.
If he got up on a stage and told his story to a roomful of strangers, ...everyone would probably say "Sha Right"  ::)
But those of us who have fretted, and cried, and worried, and prayed, and watched his progression over the past few years would know he'd be telling the truth.

That guy's story may have been quite truthful, ...and he may have chosen to join the company because of his passionate belief in the product and his desire to share the good news that he found with everyone.

When we get emotional, ...we can also sometimes get a little evangelical because we just have to share it with everyone.

I can see why someone who didn't know him would be skeptical, ...however, ...his friends, associates, colleagues... those within his sphere would know if there was any truthfulness to his story. Were any of them there?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you're not providing your body with the proper nutritional components, you will be ill-at-ease. If you start providing the body with what it needs to function properly, you may shift that state of DIS-ease, ...as you come more into balance.

Ask any physician, and they will tell you that we should all be consuming 5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday.

How many of us actually do that? An earlier poster stressed the need for FIBER. I won't deny fiber is beneficial, and we should all include fiber in our diets. However, IMO, the most beneficial part of consuming fruits & vegetables is NOT for the fiber, but rather the Phytonutrients and Antioxidants. If we want fiber, ...we can eat some pop corn, a bran muffin., etc.,. We should however be making sure to get optimal amounts of phytonutrients and antioxidants everyday.

ps: Did you know that with todays industrial overfarming, in order for us to get the same nutritional components that existed in a cup of spinach grown in 1900, we'd have to eat an entire bathtub full of spinach grown in 2009?

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »

shit. you just got special previliges on this board ;D,

I am soooo quoting you for posterity! It's Official, ...I have a record of it now!  ;D

lol, out of respect for princesss, who i assume is female,or, a flamboyant, sorry sucky :D i will cease and desist. you can pm your carrot stores to me

and to me

I'd also be interested to hear about the carrots!  8)

Wow, three requests... I guess I'm gonna have to tell you guys then huh?

Ok, ...When I go to the supermarket, I find myself some nice thick juicy carrots...

...long, thick, firm, solid, with lots of girth.... and I bring them home and juice them down to the last drop.  :P

ps: Out of respect for PrincessL, ...I'm gonna consider putting a little fish oil in my carrot juice next time.  :D
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »

Ok, ...When I go to the supermarket, I find myself some nice thick juicy carrots...

...long, thick, firm, solid, with lots of girth.... and I bring them home and juice them down to the last drop.  :P

ps: Out of respect for PrincessL, ...I'm gonna consider putting a little fish oil in my carrot juice next time.  :D

No, no, no.  Don't do that  :-X ;D
BUT, you might wanna try adding 1/2 of a granny smith apple to that.  It sounds like a weird combo, but it's quite tasty  ;D  Wash your fish oil caps down with that  8)

If you like fresh orange juice, try taking an orange or two and peeling off just the zest, leaving the white, pithy stuff on and juicing that.  Makes for a smooth, creamy, sweet juice.
:

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
I am soooo quoting you for posterity! It's Official, ...I have a record of it now!  ;D

Wow, three requests... I guess I'm gonna have to tell you guys then huh?

By "juice them down to the last drop" you mean stick them in your ummm.... Nevermind!
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

No, no, no.  Don't do that  :-X ;D
BUT, you might wanna try adding 1/2 of a granny smith apple to that.  It sounds like a weird combo, but it's quite tasty  ;D  Wash your fish oil caps down with that  8)

I also put apple in it, as well as ginger, a bit of parsley, and cinnamon.  yummmmmmmy.  :P

If you like fresh orange juice, try taking an orange or two and peeling off just the zest, leaving the white, pithy stuff on and juicing that.  Makes for a smooth, creamy, sweet juice.

I put it all in except the outside part of the rind.  The inside part of the rind is chock full of yummy goodness.
I don't juice as often as I used to tho... cleaning the juicer is a pain in the tush.  :-\

These days I get most of my phytonutrients, antioxidants, and ORAC values from fruit and vegetable powders (not Juice Plus+) a superior product, ...but I eat the fruits and veggies for pleasure. I couldn't possible eat enough fruits and veggies to get sufficient enough quantities for optimal health so I eat them for the taste.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
By "juice them down to the last drop" you mean stick them in your ummm.... Nevermind!

Yes, that's correct. I stick them in my juicer and grind out every last drop, til theres nothing left but quivering pulp.  :)
w