Author Topic: What would our current outlook be under McCain/Palin?  (Read 654 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
What would our current outlook be under McCain/Palin?
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »
 ???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What would our current outlook be under McCain/Palin?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
Since the recession is all in our heads -

And since Mccain said he'd "like EVERYONE to be rich"...

and since he said that $5mil was considered rich...

Then I'm guessing he'd be getting ready to mail us each a $5 mil check.  The quadrillion bailout plan :)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
Why don't you tell us what you think first.

Palin is/was a joke.  She was means to get a small group of people behind the party.  Someone like Huck would have been a much better choice if you look at everyone we saw in the primaries.  I think enough Christians know Huckabee and would have voted with him on the ticket.  The female conservative thing worked for a minute.  I think McCain would have gotten a very knowledgeable cabinet and group of advisers in the event that he died, because Palin is clueless....kinda like Obama.  Palin and Obama really only know how to run for office...so I imagine if would look a lot like what Barry is presently doing.  

People would still be scared about oil, unemployment, etc but they'd just be blaming Bush more than they are now.
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »
Why don't you tell us what you think first.

I don't know what to think.  I can't make sense out of anything having to do with Washington Politics.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »
Palin and Obama really only know how to run for office...so I imagine if would look a lot like what Barry is presently doing.  

this is correct - with one difference.

Obama recognized he'd need a very experienced team around him.  He always said he would lead - but he'd surround himself with smart people who could facilitate the change he believed we needed.  Then he hired some people who know these jobs 100% already.

Palin kept repeating the 'job interview' line.  You know, something like "and that is why  I will be prepared on day one..."   VERY rare is the man or woman who is fully prepared for office.  Palin, as governor for 18 months, obviously didn't have it.

Anyway, I'd worry about the stress that the job would have on mccain.  he kept having odd moments during the campaign.  walking into the most stressful job on earth at 72 years old... wow...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
this is correct - with one difference.

Obama recognized he'd need a very experienced team around him.  He always said he would lead - but he'd surround himself with smart people who could facilitate the change he believed we needed.  Then he hired some people who know these jobs 100% already.

Palin kept repeating the 'job interview' line.  You know, something like "and that is why  I will be prepared on day one..."   VERY rare is the man or woman who is fully prepared for office.  Palin, as governor for 18 months, obviously didn't have it.

Anyway, I'd worry about the stress that the job would have on mccain.  he kept having odd moments during the campaign.  walking into the most stressful job on earth at 72 years old... wow...
I thought Palin was a joke but unfortunately that's what the party went with.  McCain is the only one who likely knew what the job entailed.  All I know is that the next Republican candidate needs Rove on his staff during and after the campaign.
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
the next Republican candidate needs Rove on his staff during and after the campaign.

You really think the Republican party should continue in the dirty low down direction it's been going for the last eight years?  ???

I was kind of hoping they would get their shit together, and boot out the neo con's.
S

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »
You really think the Republican party should continue in the dirty low down direction it's been going for the last eight years?  ???

I was kind of hoping they would get their shit together, and boot out the neo con's.
As a political adviser and media strategist, I think Rove is second to none.  Aside from that I think taking care of Americans first and everyone else should be any party's interest.  We just all hold different ideas about what that means.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:48 AM »
As a political adviser and media strategist, I think Rove is second to none.  Aside from that I think taking care of Americans first and everyone else should be any party's interest.  We just all hold different ideas about what that means.

the internet destroyed what rove could do.

those divisive tactics based upon saying the wrong thing over and over - doesn't work with youtube to catch it.  And, thank to the very good gotcha media (on both sides), he can't just pull stunts like calling white voters in carolina and asking about Mccain's half-baby, and not expect a huge NATIONAL backlash.

The extreme L/R media kept BOTH sides from getting away with that BS. 

Read that again:  Rovian techniques DID NOT work in 2008 due to the free flow of information that was suddenly available.  We knewso much shit about palin within 1 week - that sort of vetting would have taken months in the old days.  If the election were held 1 week after the announcement, mccain would have won.  Web vetting, sharing youtube clips with friends, and a building up "wow, they lied abotu A, B, C, D, and now I'm seeing contradictory statements on E..."

Well, rove is a genius, but you insult ppl with lies and they tell you to fvvckoff.  And that's what they did on nov 4th.  1/5 of republicans stayed home and told rove to F off.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:31:11 AM »

Rove is one of the reasons the neocons lost the election. The American people saw through his dirty campaign tactics. Rove has also been a huge part of the Bush Administration which makes him partly responsable for the mess this Country is in.