Author Topic: Geithner Confirmation Complicated by Tax Woes  (Read 1666 times)

Yamalia

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Geithner Confirmation Complicated by Tax Woes
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 09:21:52 AM »
what's up with all your racist shit?
i am not racist,  i am anti-racist.  geithner is racist supremacist scum.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
i am not racist,  i am anti-racist.  geithner is racist supremacist scum.

what evidence do you have that he's a "racist supremacist scum"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
yeah - that's my feeling too.

it wasn't a mistake

Think about this... seriously.

You get a paycheck... Hell, you don't... It's actually a direct deposit.

The money goes into your bank every month... Do you look at the the little form that has the tax stuff on it?

I don't... I get my money and I'm good. It's not IRS taxes... It was social security taxes, which normally get taken out for you and me, and didn't get taken out for him because the company he was working for wasn't based in the US.

I don't see where I would notice if my SS wasn't taken out at all... If my first check didn't have it, then I wouldn't notice anything off.

Hell, if I was even looking at my paystub would I even notice a line not on there that was supposed to say SS/medicare but didn't?

I doubt it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

The money goes into your bank every month... Do you look at the the little form that has the tax stuff on it?

I don't... I get my money and I'm good. It's not IRS taxes... It was social security taxes, which normally get taken out for you and me, and didn't get taken out for him because the company he was working for wasn't based in the US.

I don't see where I would notice if my SS wasn't taken out at all... If my first check didn't have it, then I wouldn't notice anything off.

Hell, if I was even looking at my paystub would I even notice a line not on there that was supposed to say SS/medicare but didn't?

I doubt it.

It could be an honest mistake and hopefully that's the case.

If we're talking about his time at the IMF then from what little I've read (and posted on page 1) he was supposedly given plenty of info about how to pay his taxes

Q: Was Geithner ever notified that he was required to pay self-employment taxes?

A: Yes. The IMF provides employees with several documents throughout the year to help them understand and meet their tax obligations. The documents included an employee tax manual, quarterly wage statements and year-end wage statements. Geithner acknowledged receiving all these documents.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »

I doubt it.

Were you as forgiving of Joe the Plumber's tax problem??????????????

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »
Were you as forgiving of Joe the Plumber's tax problem??????????????

Completely.

I think Income taxes and SS/Medicare are BS anyway.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
It could be an honest mistake and hopefully that's the case.

If we're talking about his time at the IMF then from what little I've read (and posted on page 1) he was supposedly given plenty of info about how to pay his taxes

Q: Was Geithner ever notified that he was required to pay self-employment taxes?

A: Yes. The IMF provides employees with several documents throughout the year to help them understand and meet their tax obligations. The documents included an employee tax manual, quarterly wage statements and year-end wage statements. Geithner acknowledged receiving all these documents.

Understood... A lot of companies have people sign things saying I read this policy or that policy... Is it always the case?

Of course not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
Understood... A lot of companies have people sign things saying I read this policy or that policy... Is it always the case?

Of course not.

no doubt - but then this guy wants to be Treasury Secretary. 

hopefully this will all be fully explained in the hearings.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
no doubt - but then this guy wants to be Treasury Secretary. 

hopefully this will all be fully explained in the hearings.   

Just like Charlie Rangles tax issues.   Never going to happen.  Democrat crooks get away with almost everything.

Mons Venus

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
USA! USA! USA!  :-*