Author Topic: Ironman 2009 - Can Moe win the show? Yes!  (Read 11865 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ironman 2009 - Can Moe win the show? Yes!
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
Moe El Moussawi, flying in from New Zealand this weekend, is 10 pounds heavier and looking even better than he did for the 2008 Ironman, which he beat Silvio Samuel. Can it happen again?

I say yes.

Silvio Samuel is the favorite for this so (and is Bob Cicherillo's pick), BUT Bob and others are underestimating Moe Moussawi.  I just saw some picks, and the guy looks great, and if he comes in shredded and hard like he did at last years Ironman, he will take this show over Silvio.

At the 2008 Olympia, I picked Moe for the top 10, and he landed in 9th place. He looked great, but could of looked better there, due to some family complications (his young daughter a few days before the show, and his mind was on this).  This time, Moe will be ready, and at the end of the night, Silvio might just wonder what happened?

Not to say that Silvio might not come in incredible shape, but never underestimate Moe.

As for Eddie Abbew, don't count him out also from the top five.  We always forget about Eddie, but he just may surprise us all, like he did a few years ago.

Mohammad Bannout is Samir Bannout's cousin, and it will be cool to see what he brings from Lebanon.

AD Cherry, which faltered in his first year as a pro, should and has made considerable and noticable differences, and will surprise us all.

Mark Dugdale, not sure on Mark - for a smaller competitor, Mark can come up strong or not, and with his demanding family lifestyle, I am never sure on what shape he will come in. I hope to see him in the top 5!

Ronny Rockel, always strong in the lineup, and usually looks great!

and Hidetada Yamagishi, training under Milos, who knows how to bring him to his best, and likely qualify for the Olympia here.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Ironman 2009 - Can Moe win the show. Yes!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:26:40 AM »
Ron I heard Hidetada Yamagishi and Milos had a falling out. I heard Hidetada Yamagishi, is now training with Charles Glass, at Venice Golds

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Ironman 2009 - Can Moe win the show. Yes!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »
I have moe and rockel in top place.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Ironman 2009 - Can Moe win the show? Yes!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »
Moe beat Silvio at this show last year but Sil beat him at the Arnold and the Olympia.

I have Moe winning due to the added size he has over Sil. There are two week out photos of Moe in my preview on bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009_hinds_iron_man_preview.htm
Elevate Your Image.™

spinnis

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »
silvio looks like SHIIIIIT.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »
Moe El Moussawi, flying in from New Zealand this weekend, is 10 pounds heavier and looking even better than he did for the 2008 Ironman, which he beat Silvio Samuel. Can it happen again?

I say yes.

Silvio Samuel is the favorite for this so (and is Bob Cicherillo's pick), BUT Bob and others are underestimating Moe Moussawi.  I just saw some picks, and the guy looks great, and if he comes in shredded and hard like he did at last years Ironman, he will take this show over Silvio.

At the 2008 Olympia, I picked Moe for the top 10, and he landed in 9th place. He looked great, but could of looked better there, due to some family complications (his young daughter a few days before the show, and his mind was on this).  This time, Moe will be ready, and at the end of the night, Silvio might just wonder what happened?

Not to say that Silvio might not come in incredible shape, but never underestimate Moe.

As for Eddie Abbew, don't count him out also from the top five.  We always forget about Eddie, but he just may surprise us all, like he did a few years ago.

Mohammad Bannout is Samir Bannout's cousin, and it will be cool to see what he brings from Lebanon.

AD Cherry, which faltered in his first year as a pro, should and has made considerable and noticable differences, and will surprise us all.

Mark Dugdale, not sure on Mark - for a smaller competitor, Mark can come up strong or not, and with his demanding family lifestyle, I am never sure on what shape he will come in. I hope to see him in the top 5!

Ronny Rockel, always strong in the lineup, and usually looks great!

and Hidetada Yamagishi, training under Milos, who knows how to bring him to his best, and likely qualify for the Olympia here.

How is anyone underestimating Moe? (I havent even mentioned Moe)....

I make a call based on past performance, head to head match-ups/ etc....based on what I saw at the Olympia, I give Silvio the nod....Moe will certainly have a shot at the title, and will certainly place in the top 5...especially with added improvement.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »
wow, i thought there would be "big names" competing in the ironman, I guess not

well, Moe will win, that's for certain

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
From what I hear, people think Silvio will win with no problem at all at the Ironman.   They forget quickly that Moe BEAT Silvio last year at this show.  

Then again, not that Silvio isnt a great bodybuilder. Silvio placed 7th at the Olympia, Moe placed 9th.

I like the Ironman because there are always surprises, always some new person that starts the pro bodybuilding season with a bang after the Holidays.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
silvio looks like SHIIIIIT.

silvio is overatted

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
silvio is overatted

Crazy overrated.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 11:12:28 AM »

I make a call based on past performance, head to head match-ups/ etc....based on what I saw at the Olympia, I give Silvio the nod....Moe will certainly have a shot at the title, and will certainly place in the top 5...especially with added improvement.

Apparently you Bob.

You made the comment yesterday... "Might as well sign the check over to Silvio right now....wouldve liked to see a better line-up, but the timing of the show pretty much made that an impossability"

You calls are fading faster than your hairline.

Enjoy your dish...

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Apparently you Bob.

You made the comment yesterday... "Might as well sign the check over to Silvio right now....wouldve liked to see a better line-up, but the timing of the show pretty much made that an impossability"

Hows that for a "athletes rep"

::) ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
i'll be there.

robins

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
De vliegtuigmotoren draaien al Mars  ;D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

By not even mentioning Moe, you ARE underestimating him. DUCY?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 11:37:26 AM »
Apparently you Bob.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
Apparently you Bob.

What kind of stupid rationale is that?

It's a prediction, a educated guess...doesn't mean you're underestimating anyone else....being that Silvio has placed ahead of Moe the last 2 matchups, and the idea that Silvio could have easily been higher at the lympia....He's my pick to win. Can Moe win it and beat Silvio...? Sure...thats why they play the game.

Guess we'll all be "underestimating" whoever we don't pick for the Superbowl this year, right.?

marcos chacon

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • a muerte !
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
hide is looking better than ever!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »
What kind of stupid rationale is that?

It's a prediction, a educated guess...doesn't mean you're underestimating anyone else....being that Silvio has placed ahead of Moe the last 2 matchups, and the idea that Silvio could have easily been higher at the lympia....He's my pick to win. Can Moe win it and beat Silvio...? Sure...thats why they play the game.

Guess we'll all be "underestimating" whoever we don't pick for the Superbowl this year, right.?

I'm usually in agreement w you Bob, but I think you're missing the point. Picking a winner without discussing the competition is not a very thorough analysis. And that's what you've done when you don't even mention Moe, or Dugdale for that matter.

But you see these guys all the time, so you could know a lot that we don't...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 12:35:11 PM »
And the competition and breakdown WILL be discussed......

THIS MONDAY.... ON PRO BODYBUILDING WEEKLY!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »

Bob's top five for the Ironman - Monday night on PBW.  And make sure Dan is different than yours. 

I will put mine up, Isaac put his up, and others will...

May the best predictor win!

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »
i just can't wait 

::)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »
Bob's top five for the Ironman - Monday night on PBW.  And make sure Dan is different than yours. 

I will put mine up, Isaac put his up, and others will...

May the best predictor win!

let me guess the winner gets some Orange Chicken?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »
 ;)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »
Ronnie Rockel should win this thing...