Author Topic: weed...whos smokes it here?  (Read 4551 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
weed...whos smokes it here?
« on: January 14, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
Everyone knows that cigarettes are bad for you, but Arnold smoked the weed and said it is the best relaxer after your workout and much less bad for you than pain pills and other drugs....

Anyone here a regular pot smoker?  Does it help recovery or does it sabotage your healthy eating when you get the "munchies"

Yamalia

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: weed...whos smokes it here?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
i used to smoke weed all the time.  the thought of it now makes me uncomfortable. it makes me too paranoied and uncomfortable, it is really unpleasant drug for me. i have no clue how i used to enjoy it so much

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:55:05 PM »
i used to smoke weed all the time.  the thought of it now makes me uncomfortable. it makes me too paranoied and uncomfortable, it is really unpleasant drug for me. i have no clue how i used to enjoy it so much

BING BANG BOOOOOM

Yamalia

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »
dont smoke weed during the day, it sets a lower "tone" physically when you need a high 'tone' physically during the day . its only beneficial in all ways at night
A

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
i love the anti pot commercials where it shows the kids all doing stupid things that pot smokers do...like passing out and their pot head friends draw on their face with sharpie.  

If that's the worst thing that happens to pot smokers than it can't be that bad.  It's not like you end up like some 15 year old trailer park whore getting pimped out by her 40 year old "daddy" to get gangbanged in the back of an abandoned GMC suburban for $30 worth of crushed up oxys and a pack of menthols.  

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Why do you think it does this?

You got it , it altars brain chemistry

Yamalia

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
Why do you think it does this?

You got it , it altars brain chemistry
yes its a drug

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:15:02 PM »
I don't think i would like to sit on the couch for more than an hour straight.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »
yes its a drug
Dude..Mental illness is no joke..
Avesher/Disturbia seems a good guy , he just has a chemical imbalance of the brain..think yourself lucky its not you instead of him..

The only thing I wish for him is he is getting proper help and is on the right meds so he can at least lead a semi normal life..

No need to hate on him..

To which you said..

chemical imbalance? there is no such thing...meds only mask the 'problem'.

Mental illness is a chemical imbalence of the brain..for you to claim otherwise is staggering...

???

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »
Well it lowers your testosterone so that would be not the best for anyone wanting the edge on gaining muscle....It is relaxing but you can become conditioned to this chemically induced state to relax and eventually this can lead to a difficulty achieving it naturally without the drug....pyscholgical addiction through prolonged use is def. a reality while also killing brain cellls all seems like a substance you should consume in responsible moderation...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »
Everyone knows that cigarettes are bad for you, but Arnold smoked the weed and said it is the best relaxer after your workout and much less bad for you than pain pills and other drugs....

Anyone here a regular pot smoker?  Does it help recovery or does it sabotage your healthy eating when you get the "munchies"

it m,akes you think you're training harder than you are. its a nasty drug in many ways.

crap for BBing.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »
Totally agree with you disco stu just like it increases enjoyment and sensitivity at a music concert it also leads to you thinking you trained harder then you really did through the altered sensitivity of awareness when in reality you most def. did not train harder...find something else to relax you because most people always point to this fact...get a girl and get some nice head or read a book and get smarter, etc but their is so much more to life then wasting your money on smoke...

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 07:31:11 PM »
how much does it cost to get high?  When I used to drink I could probably get away with 1/2 liter of booze or a 12 pack of beer is pretty cheap, 20 bucks at the most.

Plus if you smoke blunts aren't you smoking tobacco also?  My health insurance just introduces smokers premium this year that charges 20% more for smokers.   Good idea I think.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »
dont smoke weed during the day, it sets a lower "tone" physically when you need a high 'tone' physically during the day . its only beneficial in all ways at night

indeed

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 07:38:29 PM »
10 bucks canadian would get you some primo British Columbia hydro weed that would get you and a couple buddies very high for the night along with some nice dead brain cells and a nice pot lazy hangover the next day no doubt...

solida

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
I live in BC, just because absolutely everyone smokes it here doesn't make it magical.

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
I hated weed.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »
Never said it was magical...I live in Winnipeg and I know whats up who the hell said its magical...nobody on this thread except you bud...

dustin

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
I do. I also live in BC. We're pretty blessed but it's not like 1 toke will send you on an acid trip. Very synergistic for some people. Others become burnt out from the cannabinoids or much too anxious and hyped up from the THC. I fall right in the middle and respond very favorably.

Used to smoke pounds of it but really cut back when I started to smarten up and act like an adult. Now I indulge in a toke or two almost everyday and then take long breaks. I toke just before the gym or when I get a headache. Never more than a few tokes though. Honestly, you can smoke half an ounce or half a joint and the joint will get you nearly as high. I've smoked everything in the magazines from the compassion clubs up here. Some strains are amazing but same with damn near everything off the street. Lots of kush and burmese lately :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
never have.  I've been in the room with bands, jamming, where they've done it hundreds of times.  Never had any urge at all.  If I want a buzz, there's always a sexy glass of wine with my name on it.

gayer than...

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »

Does it ever make you get real delusional and fantasize about carrying 530lb stones 30ft in your moms front yard ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
NO DRUGS!!!!!!!  >:(

hardcore drug free!

dustin

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
The problem is it makes you lazy and can lead to other drugs.

Both of those myths have been debunked by hundreds of credible people. That's simply untrue. People who have addictive personalities will experiment with many drugs including marijuana, which is why the statistics suggest that it's a "gateway" drug. Studies over the past few decades have concluded that it's not a gateway drug.

People are beginning to accept psychedelics, including marijuana, to be a deterrent for hard drugs. My father has been addicted to pills and opiates especially after his second motorcycle accident. When he smokes marijuana, he's able to tough it out without heavy pain killers and sedatives. And the dude's had his femur broken TWICE in the past 5 years. Broke his back too. I'm amazed to see him walking. When he smokes the chron with us he's able to turn the other cheek from the bottle of pain pills.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
Both of those myths have been debunked by hundreds of credible people. That's simply untrue. People who have addictive personalities will experiment with many drugs including marijuana, which is why the statistics suggest that it's a "gateway" drug. Studies over the past few decades have concluded that it's not a gateway drug.

People are beginning to accept psychedelics, including marijuana, to be a deterrent for hard drugs. My father has been addicted to pills and opiates especially after his second motorcycle accident. When he smokes marijuana, he's able to tough it out without heavy pain killers and sedatives. And the dude's had his femur broken TWICE in the past 5 years. Broke his back too. I'm amazed to see him walking. When he smokes the chron with us he's able to turn the other cheek from the bottle of pain pills.
Not on both..It does cause motivation problems when used more than the odd joint..

In regards to gateway , thats debatable I cant really see how a credible study could be done that tbh with you.