Author Topic: Chris Matthews after Bush Speech  (Read 4579 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Chris Matthews after Bush Speech
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 07:23:41 AM »
Did Clinton get the people who attacked us on his watch?

Did  Bush get the people who attacked us on his watch?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
We could argue round and round on this.  Credible evidence shows that Clinton probably did not do enough to battle terrorist groups which may have led to 9/11 and other attempts.  On the other hand, Bush and the administration made a terrible error in going into Iraq IMO, one with far reaching consequences.  Hopefully history will see a more democratic Iraq.

One thing we must admit is that we see a very small amount of info/intell reports that each administration must consider.  I know there was a lot behind the scenes that we didn't see.  To Bush's credit, multiple terrorist plots were foiled since 9/11 and the administration did reorganize gov agencies to better deal with terrorism.  That does not justify Iraq but is still positive.
IMO Bush and Chenney made a mistake in not being more open to the American people.  Too many things were behind closed doors, which likely lead to more criticizm.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:08 AM »
We could argue round and round on this.  Credible evidence shows that Clinton probably did not do enough to battle terrorist groups which may have led to 9/11 and other attempts.  On the other hand, Bush and the administration made a terrible error in going into Iraq IMO, one with far reaching consequences.  Hopefully history will see a more democratic Iraq.

One thing we must admit is that we see a very small amount of info/intell reports that each administration must consider.  I know there was a lot behind the scenes that we didn't see.  To Bush's credit, multiple terrorist plots were foiled since 9/11 and the administration did reorganize gov agencies to better deal with terrorism.  That does not justify Iraq but is still positive.
IMO Bush and Chenney made a mistake in not being more open to the American people.  Too many things were behind closed doors, which likely lead to more criticizm.
i can see your point but there are things that the general public should not know, i know many ppl on here will cry about it but its a simple fact. Certain, probably most information we do not see and should not see while it is pertinent to the situation at hand.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
I agree, but more along the lines of military strategy.  Still, I don't believe there was good enough communication between this administration and the people.  At very least, they didn't make an effort to give a better perception.
The bias in the news media is something that must be addressed IMO.  It is an urgent problem.  We need more unbiased news stories without political spin.  Its fine to have people like Olbermann and Limbaugh to provide interpretations from their perspective, but we must have more unbiased general jounalists and reporters.  The persuit of truth needs to be taught, above all else to upcoming journalists.  We need more Tim Russerts and Brit Humes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »
I agree, but more along the lines of military strategy.  Still, I don't believe there was good enough communication between this administration and the people.  At very least, they didn't make an effort to give a better perception.
The bias in the news media is something that must be addressed IMO.  It is an urgent problem.  We need more unbiased news stories without political spin.  Its fine to have people like Olbermann and Limbaugh to provide interpretations from their perspective, but we must have more unbiased general jounalists and reporters.  The persuit of truth needs to be taught, above all else to upcoming journalists.  We need more Tim Russerts and Brit Humes.
totally agree news has become a ratings game instead of reporting the news these days. I never really thought about it but ya your right about the lack of effort to give a better perception about things done post 9/11 but if they did then youd have ppl on here yelling about propaganda and shit so they where damned if they did and damned if they didnt.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
I can't comment on everything from this thread but most of u guys have no idea what ur talking about. Most of us have no idea how close other plots have come to being executed. We have no idea what "torture" information has brought us or if it saved lives. But we have not been attacked again have we. The Taliban does not control Afghanistan, nobody does really . We're not taling with them about Caspian oil, 240 u don't know what ur taling about. We are talking with some of them who we think will change sides. The Afghans have a history of this. Iraq is stabilized to a level we can deal with and allow us to pull out. Obama did not make us pull out, Iraq didn't make us pull out, we pulled out based on a plan and a timeline that P4 and Bush came up with.
L

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
I can't comment on everything from this thread but most of u guys have no idea what ur talking about. Most of us have no idea how close other plots have come to being executed. We have no idea what "torture" information has brought us or if it saved lives. But we have not been attacked again have we. The Taliban does not control Afghanistan, nobody does really . We're not taling with them about Caspian oil, 240 u don't know what ur taling about. We are talking with some of them who we think will change sides. The Afghans have a history of this. Iraq is stabilized to a level we can deal with and allow us to pull out. Obama did not make us pull out, Iraq didn't make us pull out, we pulled out based on a plan and a timeline that P4 and Bush came up with.
Word

It was an embarrassment to the RNC that GWB didn't help out more during the election.
It was even more of an embarrassment that the soldiers who won the war in Iraq, can't talk about it with pride.
Where was the RNC during the convention.
They should have been highlight the good things accomplished in Iraq and against the war on terror.
Instead they let the democrats set the agenda.
America succeeded in Iraq beyond what everyone could have hoped for.
They met almost all of their targets and they are going to have elections in February.

To that I say to everyone that served in Iraq thank you. Even if your own country can't.
Z

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »

You say that very well.

People want to continue to focus on the decision to go to Iraq.  That's done, over with, can't go back.

A stable and democratic Iraq can only be a plus for the US.  But liberal Bush haters don't want to talk about that.

Bush's poll numbers have gone up within the last few weeks due in part to his numerous outgoing interviews.  Where most of the questions give him the opportunity to defend himself and his decisions.
That's something he should have doing along.

Staying distant from the public during wartime was a big mistake for him. 

Another good point you made was about the intelligence reports we don't know about.

Last summer I finished George Tenet's book 'At the Center of the Storm.'  I highly recommend it.
There are SO MANY things going on in this world related to national security that our minds can't grasp. 

I would bet a million bucks that Obama has changed some of his policy promises since his Nat. Security briefings began.

I can hear Barry now at his first intelligence meeting:

"HOLY S**T!!!"

W

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »

You say that very well.

People want to continue to focus on the decision to go to Iraq.  That's done, over with, can't go back.

A stable and democratic Iraq can only be a plus for the US.  But liberal Bush haters don't want to talk about that.

Bush's poll numbers have gone up within the last few weeks due in part to his numerous outgoing interviews.  Where most of the questions give him the opportunity to defend himself and his decisions.
That's something he should have doing along.

Staying distant from the public during wartime was a big mistake for him. 

Another good point you made was about the intelligence reports we don't know about.

Last summer I finished George Tenet's book 'At the Center of the Storm.'  I highly recommend it.
There are SO MANY things going on in this world related to national security that our minds can't grasp. 

I would bet a million bucks that Obama has changed some of his policy promises since his Nat. Security briefings began.

I can hear Barry now at his first intelligence meeting:

"HOLY S**T!!!"

everytime obama had a meeting with somebody who had knowledge on the situation at hand and pulled obamas head out of his as he was forced to change his policies, go back and look he has changed his iraq policy a number of times.

LOL QFT on the first intelligence meeting.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
everytime obama had a meeting with somebody who had knowledge on the situation at hand and pulled obamas head out of his as he was forced to change his policies, go back and look he has changed his iraq policy a number of times.

LOL QFT on the first intelligence meeting.

Yeah, I think keeping Gates kinda proved that. 

Although, I don't like this politician running the CIA.  Can't remember his name now.  Davis?

W

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »
Did Clinton get the people who attacked us on his watch?

Did  Bush get the people who attacked us on his watch?

Yes.  KSM was mastermind behind 9/11.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
Osama = still at large and just released another tape.
The terrorists = Saudi Arabi citizens and not a damn thing happened there.

Doesn't look like we got anyone.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »
Osama = still at large and just released another tape.
The terrorists = Saudi Arabi citizens and not a damn thing happened there.

Doesn't look like we got anyone.

KSM was the 9/11 mastermind
Mousaui was the 20th hijaker.
19 died in the attacks.

We still need to get the other three.   

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »
9/11 was planned during Clinton years.  THAT'S A FACT.

9/11 was executed during Bush years.

They didn't start planning it in January of 2001.

Question:  If we are attacked again on a similar scale in September of 2009, who will you moonbats blame it on??? 

Bush or Obama??

Careful how you answer.

No matter how you put it we lost 2,819 Americans on Bush's watch, many believe it was due to his administrations negligence.  The only thing Bush has archived in the process of fighting the "terrorists" is a MASSIVE debt, a much greater terrorist threat, and the lives of so many men and woman who signed up to defend us when we were threatened.
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
No matter how you put it we lost 2,819 Americans on Bush's watch, many believe it was due to his administrations negligence.  The only thing Bush has archived in the process of fighting the "terrorists" is a MASSIVE debt, a much greater terrorist threat, and the lives of so many men and woman who signed up to defend us when we were threatened.
oh that and we havent been attacked in 7+ years also we have foiled many terrorist plots, cells and attacks but hey we dont have to mention that.