Author Topic: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?  (Read 28483 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »

Why is Pete Carroll calling out Mark Sanchez for capitalizing on a great year by turning pro in a draft weak with top QB prospects?  Epic sour grapes.

Sanchez has better tools than Leinart (party boy who got beat out by old Kurt Warner) or John David Booty (never a true NFL caliber QB) and is making the best of his situation.

Pete: shut your down mouth and rejoice in the fact that you had Mark for the time you did.  He should have started last year in lieu of that bum John David Booty.  John David was HORRENDOUS in the Stanford game and potentially cost USC a chance at the national title, thanks to that performance.  Many USC insiders felt that Mark should have been starting in lieu of John David (especially considering the fact Booty had a broken finger most of the year). 

Mark is physically and mentally ready to play in the NFL and looks to be the best NFL QB prospect out of USC since Carson Palmer.

Hey Pete, ever heard of a guy by the name of Matt Cassell? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »
shittin on the guy's stats,

maybe carroll was banking on the guy being there, and now he sees USC not being a top 3 team without him?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »
have you seen who's sanchez's replacement is? usc is fucked.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »

I'm pissed that he's going for the draft this year.  If you followed him this season you would've seen that he was getting better with every game, def. would've been a heisman candidate next year for sure.

I see Carroll's points, but the one thing you have to admit is,

if he waited till next year, he would've been drafted behind McCoy, Tebow, and Bradford, so in that sense i can't blame him  :-\

Where that puts the Trojans next year is where I get nervous, I might have to tone down my trash talking  ;D
just not good enough

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »

maybe carroll was banking on the guy being there, and now he sees USC not being a top 3 team without him?

Out of the top 3 would be foreign territory for Carroll at USC  ;)
just not good enough

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
if he waited till next year, he would've been drafted behind McCoy, Tebow, and Bradford, so in that sense i can't blame him  :-\

wow, I didn't konw bradford was staying in school too.

Why aren't these guys chasing the millions?   How much can a tebow or bradford really climb in 1 year at this point?  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »

USC is getting the top HS prospect in the entire country next season, QB Matt Barkley.  USC is pretty loaded at QB right now, even with Sanchez leaving.  

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »
My guess is Carroll doesn't want Sanchez to wind up an early has-been like Linert. Also after the Rose Bowl Sanchez said he would be back. My guess is someone stuck a big fat contract in his face and couldn't refuse the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
USC is getting the top HS prospect in the entire country next season, QB Matt Barkley.  USC is pretty loaded at QB right now, even with Sanchez leaving.  

I HONESTLY hope you're right...but then again, everyone thought we were done when we lost Bush/Leinart  8)
just not good enough

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »
I'm pissed that he's going for the draft this year.  If you followed him this season you would've seen that he was getting better with every game, def. would've been a heisman candidate next year for sure.

I see Carroll's points, but the one thing you have to admit is,

Where that puts the Trojans next year is where I get nervous, I might have to tone down my trash talking  ;D

I don't think he would be going behind McCoy, but Tebow and Bradford are very good.  Considering the Rose Bowl game and this year's draft, Mark made a very wise decision.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:06 AM »

do you know who jimmy clausen is? big prospects don;t mean shit. clausen was touted as the second coming of moses....he came in with one of nd's top recruiting classes EVER. And look at them, barely breaking .500

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
I HONESTLY hope you're right...but then again, everyone thought we were done when we lost Bush/Leinart  8)

Barkley looks SCARY good!  USC will reload as usual.  Even when it seems impossible, USC finds a way to reload.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »
wow, I didn't konw bradford was staying in school too.

Why aren't these guys chasing the millions?   How much can a tebow or bradford really climb in 1 year at this point?  

Yeah, it's a good point but I guess Bradford knows he's not ready for the NFL.  Cause there's no way in hell he's getting that type of offensive line protection in the pros.

just not good enough

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
do you know who jimmy clausen is? big prospects don;t mean shit. clausen was touted as the second coming of moses....he came in with one of nd's top recruiting classes EVER. And look at them, barely breaking .500

OK, and?  So Clausen didn't pan out....Barkley isn't Clausen.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 10:38:18 AM »

Yeah, it's a good point but I guess Bradford knows he's not ready for the NFL.  Cause there's no way in hell he's getting that type of offensive line protection in the pros.

He needs to put on some weight too.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
My guess is Carroll doesn't want Sanchez to wind up an early has-been like Linert. Also after the Rose Bowl Sanchez said he would be back. My guess is someone stuck a big fat contract in his face and couldn't refuse the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And I don't blame him for that.  Remember, if Mark goes in the top 5, he's going to get a lot of GUARANTEED money up front.  If he hangs around till next year, he could get injured or have a lesser season.  In light of the situation, going pro was a NO-BRAINER.

body88

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »

Why is Pete Carroll calling out Mark Sanchez for capitalizing on a great year by turning pro in a draft weak with top QB prospects?  Epic sour grapes.

Sanchez has better tools than Leinart (party boy who got beat out by old Kurt Warner) or John David Booty (never a true NFL caliber QB) and is making the best of his situation.

Pete: shut your down mouth and rejoice in the fact that you had Mark for the time you did.  He should have started last year in lieu of that bum John David Booty.  John David was HORRENDOUS in the Stanford game and potentially cost USC a chance at the national title, thanks to that performance.  Many USC insiders felt that Mark should have been starting in lieu of John David (especially considering the fact Booty had a broken finger most of the year). 

Mark is physically and mentally ready to play in the NFL and looks to be the best NFL QB prospect out of USC since Carson Palmer.

Hey Pete, ever heard of a guy by the name of Matt Cassell? 

Sanchez is not ready to play at the NFL level.  He will be eventually, but he is going to struggle next year.  The NFL is a whole different level.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »

Sanchez is not ready to play at the NFL level.  He will be eventually, but he is going to struggle next year.  The NFL is a whole different level.

Sanchez is certainly more ready than Matt Cassell, isn't he?  The NFL is a crapshoot; it's impossible to know who will pan out and who won't.  Mark has as good of a chance as anyone to be successful.

body88

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 10:44:44 AM »
Sanchez is certainly more ready than Matt Cassell, isn't he?  The NFL is a crapshoot; it's impossible to know who will pan out and who won't.  Mark has as good of a chance as anyone to be successful.

Cassel backed up Brady for four years before he started. He was groomed by the team for four years.  I like Sanchez I am basing this on the facts.  Also, this is why you're probably wrong:

Draft Countdown Forums - View Single Post - Sam Bradford to Turn Pro?

10 out of 13 QBs drafted in the 1st round between 1998-2005 with less than 35 starts are BUSTS
76.9 % fail rate
23.1 % success rate

2 out of the 13 QBs drafted in the 1st round between 1998-2005 with 35 or more starts are BUSTS
15.3% fail rate
84.7% success rate"

Staying in school is a REALLY good idea for QB.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
Cassel backed up Brady for four years before he started.

Also, this is why your probably wrong,

Draft Countdown Forums - View Single Post - Sam Bradford to Turn Pro?

"10 out of 13 QBs drafted in the 1st round between 1998-2005 with less than 35 starts are BUSTS
76.9 % fail rate
23.1 % success rate

2 out of the 13 QBs drafted in the 1st round between 1998-2005 with 35 or more starts are BUSTS
15.3% fail rate
84.7% success rate"

Staying in school is a REALLY good idea for QB.

What determines whether or not a QB is a bust?  Mark has the chance to be drafted high and make a ton of money UP FRONT. 

body88

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »
What determines whether or not a QB is a bust?  Mark has the chance to be drafted high and make a ton of money UP FRONT. 

I just showed you the stats.  You know what a bust is.  It's a highly touted player who comes to the pro's and does not live up to their draft position.  Almost 80% of college qb's with less than 35 starts over the last ten years failed in the NFL.  I know Mark will get a nice bonus, but I think having a productive and long career might be important to him to.

Confidence is such a huge part of the game.  If he comes into the NFL and shits his pants for the first year, he could lose whatever confidence he had to start with. 

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »

I just showed you the stats.  You know what a bust is.  It's a highly touted player who comes to the pro's and does not live up to their draft position.  Almost 80% of college qb's with less than 35 starts over the last ten years failed in the NFL.  I know Mark will get a nice bonus, but I think have a productive and long career might be important to him to.

I saw the stats and I still don't know what the definition of an NFL bust is.  You can't use stats to back up something that lacks a true definition and is backed up by STATS.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »

I just showed you the stats.  You know what a bust is.  It's a highly touted player who comes to the pro's and does not live up to their draft position.  Almost 80% of college qb's with less than 35 starts over the last ten years failed in the NFL.  I know Mark will get a nice bonus, but I think having a productive and long career might be important to him to.

Confidence is such a huge part of the game.  If he comes into the NFL and shits his pants for the first year, he could lose whatever confidence he had to start with. 

One more year of college probably won't be the difference of whether or not Mark succeeds or fails in the NFL.  This is all an individual thing we're talking about here...and Mark made a good decision based off where will be drafted. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
Even if he stayed this year, NO WAY he gets drafted behind Tebow like some on here are saying.  I love Tebow as a college QB.  Best ever, but I don't think he translates as well to the NFL as Sanchez.  Bradford would be 1, Sanchez 2 and McCoy 3 next year, as far as QB's go.

He is just maximizes off of the Rose Bowl.  Nothing wrong with that.  If he blew his knee out (again) next year, is ole Pete going to take care of him and his family for the rest of his life?  Pete is out for Pete.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
He is just maximizes off of the Rose Bowl.  Nothing wrong with that.  If he blew his knee out (again) next year, is ole Pete going to take care of him and his family for the rest of his life?  Pete is out for Pete.

Well said!