Author Topic: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?  (Read 28351 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »
Typical selfish college coach. NCAA makes millions off of these kids and they're the villains just because they want to secure their future.

Unbelievable, isn't it? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »

Moving on....next up to bat:

Matt Barkley
6'3

;D

he was the number one player in the country but threw a lot of interceptions his senior year

no way he starts next year, he's ranked high due to potential

E
E

ASJChaotic

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »
he was the number one player in the country but threw a lot of interceptions his senior year

no way he starts next year, he's ranked high due to potential

E

Earl, how are things?
here is one for you

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »
Mustain will likely be the next QB at U$C and they have plenty along with Arron Corp, Greene and Matt Barkley. I hope my lions do take Mark "Dirty" Sanchez." I heard he was accused of rape and that the boosters paid the girl off but i am sure that is a lie with the rest of the lies that happen in college football. U$C is stacked and loaded at every spot and they are picking up more and more. Mustains mom must be happy that Sanchez that left but Mitch will have a year to connect with Damien Williams, Ronald Johnson and incoming wr Randoll Carroll.
D

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2009, 06:05:27 AM »
Says Rivals.com:

No. 1 Lions. Mark Sanchez*, QB, USC
Sanchez is NFL-ready and has a similar skill set to Matthew Stafford, but does not make the mistakes under pressure that Stafford does occasionally.

he was throwing against the pac-10, and he still had 2-3 bad games during the yr.  the talent carried him like that fool in arizona and booty.  detroit is a mess, and he isnt the answer.   
Oh...Monica!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2009, 08:23:04 AM »
he was throwing against the pac-10, and he still had 2-3 bad games during the yr.  the talent carried him like that fool in arizona and booty.  detroit is a mess, and he isnt the answer.   

Detroit needs help just about everywhere...he won't solve any of their problems.  The whole organization needs to be overhauled and rebuilt.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
We need Left Tackle, Andre Smith from Alabama but something tells me that we are going to take Matthew Stafford out of Georgia with the #1 pick. The Lions also have another first rounder from the cowboys and i would like to see us get Brian Cushing because i believe that he will be available or James Larinattuss (sp)
D

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
We need Left Tackle, Andre Smith from Alabama but something tells me that we are going to take Matthew Stafford out of Georgia with the #1 pick. The Lions also have another first rounder from the cowboys and i would like to see us get Brian Cushing because i believe that he will be available or James Larinattuss (sp)

Whichever QB performs better at the combine and at their individual workouts will end up being the number one overall pick.  I think Sanchez is going to perform very well, but Stafford might be one of the best workout guys of all time with that crazy arm...we'll see what happens in March/April.

body88

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »

If your GM was smart, he would take that tackle with the number one, and use the second first rounder and your third rounder on Cassel.  A proven NFL caliber QB who is going to be a beast.  He's only 26 and he would have a big time weapon in Johnson right off the bat.  He can come right in to start no problem, and he also had far better numbers than any of the rookie QB's this year.  He would also be cheaper than taking a QB in the draft with the #1 pick, and he is a MUCH safer pick.

The pats had over 14 starters on ir this year, and allowed the most sacks in the NFL....yet Cassel still finished the year with better numbers than guys like Matt Ryan (who was a little overrated while Cassel was underrated. imo).

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »

If your GM was smart, he would take that tackle with the number one, and use the second first rounder and your third rounder on Cassel.  A proven NFL caliber QB who is going to be a beast.  He's only 26 and he would have a big time weapon in Johnson right off the bat.  He can come right in to start no problem, and he also had far better numbers than any of the rookie QB's this year.  He would also be cheaper than taking a QB in the draft with the #1 pick, and he is a MUCH safer pick.

The pats had over 14 starters on ir this year, and allowed the most sacks in the NFL....yet Cassel still finished the year with better numbers than guys like Matt Ryan (who was a little overrated while Cassel was underrated. imo).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3809444

Cassel isn't going anywhere until Brady's status has been solidified.  As of now, Tom Brady being ready for next season is a huge question mark.  The Pats are going to keep both QBs for next season and make a decision afterward. 

Brady's status is completely unknown at this time; the Pats are being very secretive with his rehab process.  There's no reason to believe he's going to be ready for the next season yet.  Even if Brady recovers, Cassel won't be traded unless the Pats are 100% sure Tom is ready to play.  There's NO WAY all of this is going to be resolved before the draft.  Cassel will stay put for now.

body88

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3809444

Cassel isn't going anywhere until Brady's status has been solidified.  As of now, Tom Brady being ready for next season is a huge question mark.  The Pats are going to keep both QBs for next season and make a decision afterward. 

Brady's status is completely unknown at this time; the Pats are being very secretive with his rehab process.  There's no reason to believe he's going to be ready for the next season yet.  Even if Brady recovers, Cassel won't be traded unless the Pats are 100% sure Tom is ready to play.  There's NO WAY all of this is going to be resolved before the draft.  Cassel will stay put for now.

Peter King is saying the exact opposite of that report.  Adam Shefter also.  The report you are reading is based on a peice written by Tom Curran.  The pats are secrative with everyone, not just Brady.  There is good reason to believe that Brady might be ready for next season, because Carson Palmer had a much more severe injury than Brady much later in the season and he came back to start the year.  There are all kinds of reports going around right now.  I live two blocks from Brady on Comm Ave in Boston, and I have seen him out with Gisele a few times over the last few months.  I know you can't tell much from a person walking down the street, but I doubt Brady would be out walking around if his knee was that bad.

That said, I am basing what I said on the Brady coming back.  At this point it's pure speculation, but IMO he will be back and Cassel will be traded.  A lot of rumbles of that in the Boston media right now.

So on Sunday morning, Tom Curran of NBCSports.com reported that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady might miss the 2009 season due to his slower-than-expected recovery from knee surgery.

And on Sunday night Peter King of NBC contradicted the, um, NBC report.

King said on Football Night In America that two people close to Brady dispute the report, claiming that he’s actually ahead of schedule.

Per King, there’s also a theory in the Brady camp that the Patriots are floating a phony story in order to get more value for quarterback Matt Cassel via a trade.

Of course, to trade Cassel, the Patriots would have to slap the franchise tag on Cassel.  But King has previously opined that the Pats won’t franchise Cassel if Brady is healthy.

But now King is now citing sources close to Brady who think that the Patriots intend to franchise Cassel even if Brady is healthy.

So when in the hell did ESPN buy NBC?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
Mustain will likely be the next QB at U$C and they have plenty along with Arron Corp, Greene and Matt Barkley. I hope my lions do take Mark "Dirty" Sanchez." I heard he was accused of rape and that the boosters paid the girl off but i am sure that is a lie with the rest of the lies that happen in college football. U$C is stacked and loaded at every spot and they are picking up more and more. Mustains mom must be happy that Sanchez that left but Mitch will have a year to connect with Damien Williams, Ronald Johnson and incoming wr Randoll Carroll.
True story my friend.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
True story my friend.

Sanchez was in trouble for some sort of sexual issue correct?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »

Sanchez was in trouble for some sort of sexual issue correct?
Yeah, he raped a girl and it got covered up.
Squishy face retard

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »
True story my friend.

I have a few friends that were going to USC while i was attending Michigan and told me some of the story but i just thought that it was just another drunk sorority girl. I was told that the boosters paid her off because he was "THE NEXT" great qb at USC and big schools watch out for their players as much as possible. I knew some people that tried to help some of the Football players at Michigan with extra help with their classes and they could still not pass and they got kicked out. Well, it was to bad that we could not pull a Maurice Claurett out of our asses.
D

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
Naive.
U

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »

sounds like he has high natural test levels.  that should move him up into the top 5 of the draft, no doubt.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »

Good point. QB's that high are very risky.
U

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »

Wasan't he a Freshman when this happened? I always hear about 5 star players that walk in with everything given to them.
D

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »
sounds like he has high natural test levels.  that should move him up into the top 5 of the draft, no doubt.

Mark gets what he wants.  If he wants something, he WILL get it.  Sounds like this whole situation that happened early in Mark's career at USC was foreshadowing his determination and desire.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »
I know you can't tell much from a person walking down the street, but I doubt Brady would be out walking around if his knee was that bad.

The first half of your sentence is correct.  A leisurely walk down the street is much different than running and cutting on the football field.  We'll see what happens soon enough.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2009, 01:00:11 PM »
Mark gets what he wants.  If he wants something, he WILL get it.  Sounds like this whole situation that happened early in Mark's career at USC was foreshadowing his determination and desire.

That's just the kind of "take what is rightfully yours" that NFL scouts just love.

Dirty Sanchez will be a fine NFL player.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »
Naive.
Haha, trust me it's true.

Wasan't he a Freshman when this happened? I always hear about 5 star players that walk in with everything given to them.
Yes, I believe he was.  College football is a lot like "The Program"....more than you will ever know.
Squishy face retard

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2009, 01:16:21 PM »
OH, I AGREE WITH YOU. I THOUGHT YOUR ORGINAL COMMENT WAS SARCASTIC
U

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »
Haha, trust me it's true.
 Yes, I believe he was.  College football is a lot like "The Program"....more than you will ever know.

I have seen "The Program" and i know what college athletics is all about. I went to Michigan and was attending USF for my masters but decided to take some time off and i have seen many players come and go. I have visited so many "MAJOR" D1 schools and have seen alot of things go on. Clemson was one of the worst programs that i have ever seen. I worked out with a couple of OT'S that played at Clemson and the stories that they were telling me, not surprising....money, women, cars,.etc I could not imagine going to USC and having what they have. I mean Reggie Bush did not even know how his parents paid for the house..HaHA I mean i knew the #1 recruit in the nation Derrick Williams who went to the University of South Carolina and he was taking $100 handshakes in high school from Clemson and University of South Carolina boosters. Derrick was giving everything to him and he was caught with Marijuana, beating up some women more then once and still was given chance after chance and finally he went to South Carolina State and did the same thing...working at a Metal Fabrication place as of now, making $7.00 a hour
D