Author Topic: Teenager Daniel Petric shot parents who took away Xbox  (Read 2207 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Teenager Daniel Petric shot parents who took away Xbox
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
How many getbiggers are gonna end like this brother!

A 17-year-old has been convicted of shooting his parents in the head after they took away his video game.

Daniel Petric killed his mother and wounded his father when they banned him from playing "Halo 3" and took away his Xbox console. He now faces a possible life sentence.

Lorain County Judge James Burge convicted him of aggravated murder for the death of his mother, Susan, 43, and attempted aggravated murder for the attack on his father, Mark, 46.

The judge ruled that although Petric's obsession with the video game, in which players shoot aliens, may have warped his sense of reality, the boy knew what he was doing and had planned the shooting.
On the night of the shooting, Petric used his father's key to open a lockbox and remove a 9 mm handgun and the game.

Mark Petric testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you." He testified that he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.

The teenager then put the gun in his father's hand in an attempt to make the shootings look like murder-suicide. When he fled the scene, he only took one item with him: the "Halo 3" game.

Judge Burge rejected the defence attorneys' argument that Petric, 17, of Wellington, Ohio, was not guilty by reason of insanity, saying that the teen's youth and addiction made him less responsible. Petric played the Halo games as much as 18 hours a day at friends' houses when he had the chance. Tried as an adult, Petric now faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole.

Judge Burge said there was ample evidence that the boy planned to kill his parents. But the judge said he believed playing the games long enough caused physical and psychological changes in the teenager's brain, similar to drug use. "When you stop, your brain won't stand for it, just as it wouldn't stand for it when you quit using heroin or crack cocaine," he said.

The popular Halo series involves destroying aliens. Once the game ends and a new game starts, the aliens return. Simply put, death in the game is only temporary, the judge said.

"I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea at the time he hatched this plot that if he killed his parents they would be dead forever," he added.

Family members have said they have forgiven the teenager. Mark Petric, a pastor at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, stood up as deputies led his son from court. The teenager turned and gave his father a wave goodbye. "We love you, Danny," the father yelled.

Bungie, once part of Microsoft, developed the Xbox 360-exclusive Halo 3, and Microsoft owns the game's intellectual property. Microsoft declined to comment beyond a statement: "We are aware of the situation and it is a tragic case."

benz

• Getbig V
Re: Teenager Daniel Petric shot parents who took away Xbox
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
he looks unhealthy.

thats because he's dieting for the next game hahahahaha

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
thats because he's dieting for the next game hahahahaha

I saw on another thread that you play the Xbox, Benz. What games do you like? Have you tried the Splinter cell, Prince of Persia series and Ninja Gaiden?

BTW, that's not Colondizzle

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
holy roller family

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 12:23:52 PM »
How many getbiggers are gonna end like this brother!

He looks like a alien.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »
sometimes i trip over my cat while Wii bowling.

Is this like the same thing?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
these bitches deserved it
dare you to take the xbox away

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »
"Family members have said they have forgiven the teenager."

hahahaha, He killed their mother and they already forgave him and his dad yeleld that he loved him?

hahahahah

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »
"Family members have said they have forgiven the teenager."

hahahaha, He killed their mother and they already forgave him and his dad yeleld that he loved him?

hahahahah
sounds like they deserved to get shot "We love you" hahahahha "dont worry, i will get you halo 4 when it comes out"

Jizzacked

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »
father is a pastor... not really a surprise, it seems these deviants come from a religious background more often than not.

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
sounds like they deserved to get shot "We love you" hahahahha "dont worry, i will get you halo 4 when it comes out"

exactly haha.

If they forgive him right away, what the fuck do they think they have learned him? haha
Its alright to shoot your parent "shoot my 2 times next time my son"

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »

Haha that's the thing with gaming - do it long enough and it does warp your sense of reality a bit, especially when you are tired. I used to really be into Splinter Cell and one time, I played the whole game in one stretch (~20 hours). Few minutes later, I decide to head to the nearest 7-11 to get a snack before hitting the hay and on the way, I saw my neighbor's dog rushing towards me cause he had recognized me and wanted to be petted. I was so dazed by the game that I 'instinctively' reached for my SC-270 assault rifle attached with the ring airfoil round so I could knock the dog out, cause it was a black doberman just like the ones in the game. ;D

On the way back, I also remember thinking the streetlight was too bright and that I had to shoot it so it was dark enough for me to pass through unnoticed ::) :-X

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 12:34:43 PM »
On the way back, I also remember thinking the streetlight was too bright and that I had to shoot it so it was dark enough for me to pass through unnoticed ::) :-X

Calm down you mixedraced stud

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
I saw on another thread that you play the Xbox, Benz. What games do you like? Have you tried the Splinter cell, Prince of Persia series and Ninja Gaiden?

BTW, that's not Colondizzle

finished gow2, about to finish medal of honor, then ill probably play prince of persia (couldnt finish it in ps2, the 2 brothers stage was almost impossible) or tomb raider underworld or raise of the argonauts (this one doesnt look really good but i remember the movie the argonauts and i like the story). Ninja gaiden? when was it released? didnt saw it coming  >:(

And yeah thats not candidrizzle

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

finished gow2, about to finish medal of honor, then ill probably play prince of persia (couldnt finish it in ps2, the 2 brothers stage was almost impossible) or tomb raider underworld or raise of the argonauts (this one doesnt look really good but i remember the movie the argonauts and i like the story). Ninja gaiden? when was it released? didnt saw it coming  >:(

And yeah thats not candidrizzle

Ah, you are talking about the 360. Ninja Gaiden was originally released around 2004 for the Xbox and it's sequel has been released for the 360. Not sure if it's backwards compatible. It's made by Techmo, who created the Dead or Alive series. Ninja Gaiden is hands down the hardest game you can play on the XBox, Metal slug notwithstanding.

If you've got the patience, I also suggest Knights of the old republic as well as Thief - great games.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
Ah, you are talking about the 360. Ninja Gaiden was originally released around 2004 for the Xbox and it's sequel has been released for the 360. Not sure if it's backwards compatible. It's made by Techmo, who created the Dead or Alive series. Ninja Gaiden is hands down the hardest game you can play on the XBox, Metal slug notwithstanding.

If you've got the patience, I also suggest Knights of the old republic as well as Thief - great games.

Yeah 360 i never wanted to buy the first xbox because by then it was already being developed (360) and some broskies at ms told me to wait, by then i liked ps2 over xbox but not anymore :(

I got patience, but not my wife, lol, 2 weeks ago she woke went to sleep at 23:00 pm, and i was like "ok ok just some more mins and ill go to sleep"..she returned at 7 am in the morning yelling at me so now im restricted!

If she keep fucking with me ill just pick my shotgun and solve the problem, just like the kid did! hahah joke :)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »
Yeah 360 i never wanted to buy the first xbox because by then it was already being developed (360) and some broskies at ms told me to wait, by then i liked ps2 over xbox but not anymore :(

I got patience, but not my wife, lol, 2 weeks ago she woke went to sleep at 23:00 pm, and i was like "ok ok just some more mins and ill go to sleep"..she returned at 7 am in the morning yelling at me so now im restricted!

If she keep fucking with me ill just pick my shotgun and solve the problem, just like the kid did! hahah joke :)

A man after my own heart 8)

spinnis

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »

Don't worry, her family will forgive you within 2 hours..

::) ???

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 12:49:48 PM »
I bet that's how Bluto would react if his parents took away his computer...

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
Don't worry, her family will forgive you within 2 hours..

::) ???

Are you serious? gonna load the shotgun right now!

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 12:51:56 PM »

Are you serious? gonna load the shotgun right now!

Shoot her in the legs and take photos.. would be cool to see some legs blasted off

thx  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
I bet that's how Bluto would react if his parents took away his computer...

Bluto has his laptop handcuffed to his wrist

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
not his Xbox but his Halo game - there is a difference

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »

Better watch your back, Rob. That cat's gonna git ya!
HAHA, RON.....

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
He SHOT HIS FATHER IN THE HEAD AND KILLED HIS MOTHER. This Douche needs to be in prison for probably his entire life.

WTF is up with these goddamn idiots comparing video games to crack cocaine?