Author Topic: Just bought Creatine...how much to take.  (Read 2224 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Just bought Creatine...how much to take.
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:42:23 AM »
Hey,

Just bought some creatine monohydrate for the first time. i have got 500 grams.

Am i right in thinking that i should take 20 grams per day for the first 5 days....then 5-10 grams per day maintenance?

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Re: Just bought Creatine...how much to take.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »
sounds good! but dont forget to discontinue it after 8 weeks
all the best

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
Hey,

Am i right in thinking that i should take 20 grams per day for the first 5 days....then 5-10 grams per day maintenance?
you don't need the 20 grams "loading dose" bullshit, all 20 grams is gonna do is give you diahrrea, 5 grams eithe pre or post workout is fine, the 20 gram bullshit is a gimmick to get you to use it quickly and buy more.

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
IMO creatine is probably the most underrated supplement around.

I experienced incredible strength and muscle gains using it.

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
Ask Goudy.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »

I experienced incredible strength and muscle water gains using it.

Fixed :).

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
Ya I wouldnt worry too much about the whole loading phase.  Its kind of an old school tactic that just isnt necessary.

And yes creatine makes you hold water though it does increase strength which leads to lean muscle gains.  All in all it is a great supplement.

Anyone remember when this stuff first hit the market in the mid 90s and they were charging 70 dollars for 500 grams?  Bill Phillips sure did capitalize on this stuff!

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »
Ya I wouldnt worry too much about the whole loading phase.  Its kind of an old school tactic that just isnt necessary.

And yes creatine makes you hold water though it does increase strength which leads to lean muscle gains.  All in all it is a great supplement.

Anyone remember when this stuff first hit the market in the mid 90s and they were charging 70 dollars for 500 grams?  Bill Phillips sure did capitalize on this stuff!
Fuckin crook, used to peddle that myoplex shit for over 100.00.
I am a big baby

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »
Hey,

you are wrong in thinking you should take any. creatine sucks, return that garbage. buy some chicken and veggies.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »

Indeed!!!

Now you can get that much (if not more) for $20 or less, and get a free T-Shirt to boot. In fact, I just saw a 300-gram bottle of Prolab creatine on the clearance table at Vitamin Shoppe for $5.

Loading is "old-school" but it works. What I've found is the phenomenal results you get from loading usually occurs with first-time users. As I've said on multiple occasions, the first time I loaded with creatine (it was EAS' Phosphagen HP), I put on 7 lb. in a week and 12 lb. in two-and-a-half weeks.

Other posters who initially loaded with creatine have experienced similar results.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »
you are wrong in thinking you should take any. creatine sucks, return that garbage. buy some chicken and veggies.

This is the best post on here..Creatine is overrated and you don't really need it..just eat well and you'll be fine

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
u only need 3-5g a day @ ur maintenance stage. Anything more is just going in the toilet.
CEA999

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
I have about 5g every day, and an extra dose after workouts.  I don't bother loading anymore as I didn't se any benefit.  And if you take too much of it daily, you'll just end up with the shits.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
This is the best post on here..Creatine is overrated and you don't really need it..just eat well and you'll be fine

didn't you just post about getting some cheap cell tech on another thread????

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »
 20-40 grams ffort abotu a week... then 3-5 grams on training days...

you can get the same effects from 'loading' if you start with 5 grams... but it will take much longer to get the creatine levels in muscle than it woudl if you loaded...     

think of creatine like glycogen... you fist load yrouc ell with glycogen..then after working out replenish what you lost...    cretaine same thing... first load the muscle till its at capacity... then rpelenich what is lost...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
didn't you just post about getting some cheap cell tech on another thread????

I did indeed...but I am under no illusion that creatine is the end all be all it was supposed to be when it first came out 15 years ago....I do take it from time to time but I don't depend on it to make me more muscular since I know it's mostly water weight.....I take it because I do in fact want the water weight..not because I truly believe that It builds muscle....it really doesn't ..and I would newver ever pay retail for it...I got an awesome deal on it adn will probably not buy any more for another two years or so....

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 08:41:54 PM »
i'd take 5-10grams on training days..i double load on training days and love how it makes me feel and love the results i'm getting. granted i'm using results from atlarge nutrition and not straight creatine but creatine can be loaded in a number of ways. ALWAYS take with a fast acting sugar like fruitjuice or something.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 05:18:07 AM »
i'd take 5-10grams on training days..i double load on training days and love how it makes me feel and love the results i'm getting. granted i'm using results from atlarge nutrition and not straight creatine but creatine can be loaded in a number of ways. ALWAYS take with a fast acting sugar like fruitjuice or something.

I love how creatine makes me feel as well...it doesn't do shit to build muscle but it does make you FEEL bigger due to the water retention and bloat it causes.....it just helps me to PSYCHOLOGICALLY FEEL BIGGER...there could be some other effect on muscle such as enabling you to lift more due to you being bigger and weighing more thus enabling you to handle higher loads during your lifting....this may be the TRUE benefit of creatine....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »
I did indeed...but I am under no illusion that creatine is the end all be all it was supposed to be when it first came out 15 years ago....I do take it from time to time but I don't depend on it to make me more muscular since I know it's mostly water weight.....I take it because I do in fact want the water weight..not because I truly believe that It builds muscle....it really doesn't ..and I would newver ever pay retail for it...I got an awesome deal on it adn will probably not buy any more for another two years or so....

If it has no effect, why did you spend ANY money on it then?   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
his isnt really true... cretaine will go to muscle cells without sugars... and even so , fuit jice wouldnt be the best option..as its one half fructose one half glucose.. and only glucose spikes insulin and goes to muscle...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
If it has no effect, why did you spend ANY money on it then?   

.....if you read my post thoroughly, I explained I bought it for a different reason.....because I like the water retention effects which make me appear bigger than I really am.......creatine does not build muscle

Wray98

• Getbig II
  • CTD Sales Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »
Back in the day bro I would drink like 40gms a day... Got great pumps drinked all of it during my workout... But it did make me thirsty as a camel! To be honest if your doing monohydrate prolly run 5-10gms a day maybe with some bcaa powder in gatorade while training. If you eat alot of red meat you can lower that amount to like 2-4gms daily, i would advise you eat more red meat if you want to put on size!

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »

I experienced incredible strength and muscle gains using it.

agreed

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
"Creatine will force a little bit more fluids into your muscles, giving a good pump and making them a little bit bigger. This is known as cell volumization - leading more water inside the cells, making muscles bigger and firmer. Do not confuse this with water retention that happens outside the muscle cells, making the muscles look smooth. It's not uncommon to gain 6 to 10lbs during the first two weeks. This gain is largely due to the increment of body fluids in the muscles. This environment makes it easier for the body to gain muscle mass."
http://www.trulyhuge.com/creatinemonohydrateL14.html

Little bit old, but good read imo!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
I still think it is way overrated..maybe it has an affect on first time users..but after that, forget it!!!