Author Topic: rams pick up spags'  (Read 2398 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
rams pick up spags'
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »
....rams take gmen' d coordinator.....

we're fucked

body88

Re: rams pick up spags'
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »

we're fucked

Try being a pats fan

Piloi - Chiefs
McDaniels - Broncos
Capers - Cleveland
Someone even took the special teams coach lol

It wont matter though, Belichick runs the whole thing anyway.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »
I really wanted the Lions to grab that guy.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
Unfortunate but we knew it was coming.

body88

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 05:07:41 PM »

we're fucked

Having watched the pats lose many players from their coaching staff.....it's not as big of a deal as you guys think.  Coughlin is the one who runs the machine and the players that you have are the ones who make the plays.  I'm sure the Giants have guys within that can step up.

When the pats lost Weiss I thought we were screwed, however Mcdaniels stepped in and improved upon what Wiess had done from a performance standpoint.  The pats have not won a sb since, but 16-0 and 11-5 (after losing Brady) aint to shabby.  You will be fine.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »
I sure hope Spags brings it for us.  I don't know much about him but it seems some are bummed about losing him which is a great sign for us in St. Louis.  

See ya in the Superbowl !!!   ::)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
Try being a pats fan

Piloi - Chiefs
McDaniels - Broncos
Capers - Cleveland
Someone even took the special teams coach lol

It wont matter though, Belichick runs the whole thing anyway.

but spags was our backbone...the players wanted to play for him...whats next

body88

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
but spags was our backbone...the players wanted to play for him...whats next

I think you could say the same about Weiss and Crennel.  Maybe you have a point since the Giants players are not as loyal to Coughlin as they are to a guy like Belichick, but you still have the personnel and you still have a guy running the team who knows a thing or two about coaching.  How does the Giants system work.  Belichick has final say on all the gameplans before they are implimented so I think the real success of the team is based on the head coach.  Sure talented coordinates help, but they are a means to an end. 

No one cared about Spags before the Giants beat the pats in the sb.....and Spags couldn't save the Giants from their fate this year.  Things are always evolving in the NFL and I'm sure the Giants have a capable replacement to step in.  Worse comes to worse, it's not like Coughlin did not learn from Spags.  Alot of people try to treat football like rocket science, but in the end, its a bunch of guys running around making plays.  If you have the correct players, and you can run effective plays, you win games.  The Giants had "issues" when Spags was on the staff with mouthy players, and selfish guys spouting off.  Maybe getting rid of a few of those guys settled things down, and will continue to allow Coughlin to coach instead of deal with retards like Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey.

Losing Spags is not going to make you go from a powerhouse to a pretender.  The Giants were not even the top defensive team in the NFL, and I would say that their success came from a powerful offensive attack this year.  Sure the Giants beat the pats in the sb due to their Defensive play, but it still took a miracle for that to happen.....don't sweat it,  Spags is not the ONLY reason the Giants are a top team.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
I think you could say the same about Weiss and Crennel.  Maybe you have a point since the Giants players are not as loyal to Coughlin as they are to a guy like Belichick, but you still have the personnel and you still have a guy running the team who knows a thing or two about coaching.  How does the Giants system work.  Belichick has final say on all the gameplans before they are implimented so I think the real success of the team is based on the head coach.  Sure talented coordinates help, but they are a means to an end. 

No one cared about Spags before the Giants beat the pats in the sb.....and Spags couldn't save the Giants from their fate this year.  Things are always evolving in the NFL and I'm sure the Giants have a capable replacement to step in.  Worse comes to worse, it's not like Coughlin did not learn from Spags.  Alot of people try to treat football like rocket science, but in the end, its a bunch of guys running around making plays.  If you have the correct players, and you can run effective plays, you win games.  The Giants had "issues" when Spags was on the staff with mouthy players, and selfish guys spouting off.  Maybe getting rid of a few of those guys settled things down, and will continue to allow Coughlin to coach instead of deal with retards like Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey.

Losing Spags is not going to make you go from a powerhouse to a pretender.  The Giants were not even the top defensive team in the NFL, and I would say that their success came from a powerful offensive attack this year.  Sure the Giants beat the pats in the sb due to their Defensive play, but it still took a miracle for that to happen.....don't sweat it,  Spags is not the ONLY reason the Giants are a top team.

cliff notes?

lol

but seriously...the gmen were 5th best defense this year, and with our best layer coming back we should be even better. I just hope they play with the same intensity as did with spags on board. I see it as a challenge actually, hopefully the gmen do too.....god damn you spags

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 08:12:39 AM »
Unfortunate but we knew it was coming.

Agreed.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
I sure hope Spags brings it for us.  I don't know much about him but it seems some are bummed about losing him which is a great sign for us in St. Louis.  

See ya in the Superbowl !!!   ::)

The players will like him and your D should take a big step forward.