Author Topic: Obama still in campaign mode.  (Read 452 times)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Obama still in campaign mode.
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:12:38 AM »
I thought we ALL are supposed to work together? 
So much for "setting aside childish things."

Reverse Tax Cuts for the Wealthy: Obama and Biden will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but they will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/fiscal/

Katrina
President Obama will keep the broken promises made by President Bush to rebuild New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. He and Vice President Biden will take steps to ensure that the federal government will never again allow such catastrophic failures in emergency planning and response to occur.

President Obama swiftly responded to Hurricane Katrina. Citing the Bush Administration's "unconscionable ineptitude" in responding to Hurricane Katrina, then-Senator Obama introduced legislation requiring disaster planners to take into account the specific needs of low-income hurricane victims. Obama visited thousands of Hurricane survivors in the Houston Convention Center and later took three more trips to the region. He worked with members of the Congressional Black Caucus to introduce legislation to address the immediate income, employment, business, and housing needs of Gulf Coast communities.

President Barack Obama will partner with the people of the Gulf Coast to rebuild now, stronger than ever

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/additional/

Seems what Obama is doing could be considered illegal....

http://www.osc.gov/ha_fed.htm#regulations

One of the first things I was told upon arriving in the White House Political Office to work for President Reagan in 1988 were the rules required by the Hatch Act that prohibit the use of taxpayer funded facilities for partisan political purposes. It’s a big no-no. Those rules applied to everyone working at the White House and in every federal agency. They went so far as to preclude President Reagan from making overly partisan remarks at campaign stops for then Vice President George Bush even on trips that were paid for with campaign funds.

Put aside for a moment possible violations of the Hatch Act. What’s worse still is that Barack Hussein Obama’s first official act was to proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation. And yet the very web site on which that proclamation was announced is laced with the nasty partisan tone which Obama swore it was his duty to overcome.

W

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Obama still in campaign mode.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:36:57 AM »
Looking at the website alone...

I checked out the new White House website, and I have to admit I'm impressed.

The interactivity aspect of the site (you're able to post messages on the site).

Also that there's a newsletter, a blog, and that the site is pretty easy to navigate.

Perhaps 240 or bust who's actually in the business of website designing could give his take on how the website looks.

I know that one thing that impressed me, was that the site was launched immediatly, and seems to be full-function right now.

That's just impressive.
As empty as paradise