Author Topic: GetBiggers: Disclose your salaries  (Read 10709 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: GetBiggers: Disclose your salaries
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
That's pounds, not dollars.  It is more like $17k.

It was a few months ago, unfortunately it's now just over $11k. 

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »
i make 400.000
I

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Approx $30,000 a year.

Not rich, not poor - but it pays the bills.

30K? I spend that much a year on toilet paper. How do you survive? Do you eat cat food?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
30K? I spend that much a year on toilet paper. How do you survive? Do you eat cat food?

Whats happening with your TV show Tim?  ???
S

body88

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »
Boston > NYC

Less blown out degos and yankee fans

Agreed.  Cleaner to.  Chicago is a happy medium.

body88

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
My neighbor labels himself as a "glorified welder" but he turned that into a $300mil per year business.

Is James cool?  How do you live in his area?  I know you do well, but as you said, he pulls in 300 mill per year.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »
300mil is pocket change to Coach.
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
i would live in new york city way before i would ever live in boston

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
Whats happening with your TV show Tim?  ???
In the process as we speak. Did a lot of work on the lighting today. Been busy with my Thailand trip and work events. Have to drop 15# at least. Look like a fat boy on TV. My web designer just got back from Russia so we're gonna sort that out as well. A lot of work and politics. They're such dicks at the foodnetwork you have no idea. Jews.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »
No comparison there.

body88

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
No comparison there.

Yes there is.  New York is a dump for the most part and it's very dirty.  Both cities offer a different vibe. NYC has extreme wealth or extreme poverty and much higher crime rate.  There is a lot of money in Boston, and it's spread out more evenly.  Sure, some of the richest people in the world live in NYC, but that population is small compared to the massive poor population of the city.  NYC has the Hampton's....Boston has the Cape and the islands.  I lived in NYC for a year and I didn't like it.  I prefer Boston and Chicago.  Also Boston is very close to great skiing and I love to ski and snowboard.  Can't be the hundreds of miles on NE beaches also.

Being a Chef I can see why you would like NYC more.  The foodie scene is x10 times better than Boston's.

body88

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 09:37:09 PM »

When the last time you visited Boston and where did you go?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »
My neighbor labels himself as a "glorified welder" but he turned that into a $300mil per year business.

Sunset?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
When the last time you visited Boston and where did you go?
year and a half ago.. went all over..visted northeastern where my 'godsister' goes and went around downtown and ate a place where they yell at you and call you names... went to a red sox game... went down to the water..

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
Base salary - $85,000.00
Bonuses - never mind  :-\  not the way the economy is
I'm glad i have a base Salary ;D

body88

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
year and a half ago.. went all over..visted northeastern where my 'godsister' goes and went around downtown and ate a place where they yell at you and call you names... went to a red sox game... went down to the water..

Cool.  I prefer Boston to NYC after living in both cities.  Trust me, what you see on TV is not what is reality is in NYC.  But hey, different strokes for different folks!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
Cool.  I prefer Boston to NYC after living in both cities.  Trust me, what you see on TV is not what is reality is in NYC.  But hey, different strokes for different folks!
was just in nyv this weekend..  i like both cities..nyc is more 'me' though..

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:13 PM »
Yes there is.  New York is a dump for the most part and it's very dirty.  Both cities offer a different vibe. NYC has extreme wealth or extreme poverty and much higher crime rate.  There is a lot of money in Boston, and it's spread out more evenly.  Sure, some of the richest people in the world live in NYC, but that population is small compared to the massive poor population of the city.  NYC has the Hampton's....Boston has the Cape and the islands.  I lived in NYC for a year and I didn't like it.  I prefer Boston and Chicago.  Also Boston is very close to great skiing and I love to ski and snowboard.  Can't be the hundreds of miles on NE beaches also.

NYC is just dirty because the population is so high. Boston has the Cape? The highest Gay community in America. I lived on Nantucket for two summers. The waves suck and they don't even have good drugs there. Marthas vineyard is a toilet bowl. Long Island , the five bureaus, Upstate NY (Canada), are nothing at all like Manhattan. Can't put them in the same sentence. Bite your tongue. The north end of Boston is a joke as is Southy. Bunch of Fags.

bcimagala

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »
Cool.  I prefer Boston to NYC after living in both cities.  Trust me, what you see on TV is not what is reality is in NYC.  But hey, different strokes for different folks!

where in nyc did you live?

while i agree that what's seen on TV is vastly different than reality, i don't understand why you didn't fall in love with the city.

were you in the outer boroughs?  queens, bronx -- flatbush, maybe?  then i could understand.  if you lived anywhere in manhattan (harlem and spanish harlem included), or in the closer BK areas (the slope, williamsburg, greenpoint), you shoulda had a good time.

nyc is vastly superior to boston.

bcimagala

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »
What did you do go to toys r us in Timesquare? Dude you have no idea. Contact me next time before you come. We'll train legs, we'll drink Guiness and i'll show you around.

amen.

he might not have ventured south of 23rd street.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »
In the process as we speak. Did a lot of work on the lighting today. Been busy with my Thailand trip and work events. Have to drop 15# at least. Look like a fat boy on TV. My web designer just got back from Russia so we're gonna sort that out as well. A lot of work and politics. They're such dicks at the foodnetwork you have no idea. Jews.

Quoted for blackmail.

Gain 40lbs and tell 'em Paul Prudhomme sent you.  What's the celeb chef plan then?  Did I miss the thread?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2009, 02:24:04 AM »
Translation: I just busted my little sister's piggy bank and am off to McDs to spend the $3 on the McValue meal

Translation:

"I am jealous because I have no way to know whether he's telling the truth or not and the possibility that it's true drives me crazy, so I am going to make a snide remark about his statement trying to embarass and humiliate him out of spite" ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2009, 02:26:30 AM »
Lot of poor people on getbig..... :-\
No doubt about it...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2009, 02:29:48 AM »
My salary has plummetted thanks to the god dam economy. I was doing contracts for large companies ranging from $7,000 to $10,000 a month. With businesses tightening up now, no one wants to use me for shit, so I had to get a crappy blue collar job not even paying half that  :(
P

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2009, 02:35:23 AM »
My salary has plummetted thanks to the god dam economy. I was doing contracts for large companies ranging from $7,000 to $10,000 a month. With businesses tightening up now, no one wants to use me for shit, so I had to get a crappy blue collar job not even paying half that  :(

What was your profession?

$10k a month is pretty good...
No doubt about it...