Author Topic: Caroline out of senate race  (Read 1358 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Caroline out of senate race
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
 http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/ap_on_re_us/caroline_kennedy

"the Post cited an unidentified source as saying she dropped out because she learned Gov. David Paterson had decided not to choose her."

looks like he finally came to his senses and realized she wasnt qualified and didnt deserve the seat.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: Caroline out of senate race
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aristocracy is as bad as child molestation. It was sickening to see that people here supported her.

Whatever your politics ..liberal or conservative...Caroline Kennedy should make you PUKE!!!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »

"the Post cited an unidentified source as saying she dropped out because she learned Gov. David Paterson had decided not to choose her."

looks like he finally came to his senses and realized she wasnt qualified and didnt deserve the seat.

There are lots of conflicting reports out right now.  NBC news says it's not true, NY times and 2 other NY papers say it is.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aristocracy is as bad as child molestation. It was sickening to see that people here supported her.

Whatever your politics ..liberal or conservative...Caroline Kennedy should make you PUKE!!!!!!!

Did someone really support her?

Who? I totally missed it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 07:08:10 PM »

Did someone really support her?

Who? I totally missed it.
HAHAHAHHA LMFAO 240 whole heartedly supported her even predicted that she would run for VP sooner or later.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
HAHAHAHHA LMFAO 240 whole heartedly supported her even predicted that she would run for VP sooner or later.

Seriously? I mean... I support her right to do it, but I mean... Minus having the last name Kennedy... I don't really see why she should be a Senator... Is the last name enough?

I guess it did work for Bush though... If he wasn't George W. Bush... He'd just be another retard kid down the street.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 07:27:51 PM »
Seriously? I mean... I support her right to do it, but I mean... Minus having the last name Kennedy... I don't really see why she should be a Senator... Is the last name enough?

I guess it did work for Bush though... If he wasn't George W. Bush... He'd just be another retard kid down the street.
bush was at least a governor before he was president, kennedy hasnt done crap politically other then have the last name.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »
bush was at least a governor before he was president, kennedy hasnt done crap politically other then have the last name.

Not disagreeing, but he really shouldn't have been governor either... Ridiculous how he got there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
Not disagreeing, but he really shouldn't have been governor either... Ridiculous how he got there.
not disagreeing either.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »
i'm telling ya.

IF - and I mean IF - she got the senate job, she'd be perfect for VP selection in 2016.

The name.
The senate experience.
The family power and $ and connections.
The fact she's a female, and a young one at that.

If you can name a better known female on the dem side not named Hilary (who will be near 70 by then), please do!  (And you just KNOW one of the parties will want a female by then)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
i'm telling ya.

IF - and I mean IF - she got the senate job, she'd be perfect for VP selection in 2016.

The name.
The senate experience.

If you can name a better known female on the dem side not named Hilary (who will be near 70 by then), please do!  (And you just KNOW one of the parties will want a female by then)
doesnt change the fact that she isnt qualified or deserving of a senate seat in the first place...shes 52ish right now bro hillarys got what 10 years on her and looks 10 years younger.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
doesnt change the fact that she isnt qualified or deserving of a senate seat in the first place...shes 52ish right now bro hillarys got what 10 years on her and looks 10 years younger.

Are there better candidates?  Thousands of them!

My post wasn't about her being qualified for senate.

My point is that with 8 years of senate experience (along with a well-choregraphed domestic program track record in senate), I see a Webb/Kennedy ticket in 2016.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:47:28 PM »
Are there better candidates?  Thousands of them!

My post wasn't about her being qualified for senate.

My point is that with 8 years of senate experience (along with a well-choregraphed domestic program track record in senate), I see a Webb/Kennedy ticket in 2016.
I agree if she where to get the seat she would be a force to be reckoned with but you have defended her qualification in the past on this board as well.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
crappy notion that you should be an established career politician before you can hold a senate seat.  What the hell does that say?  You have to be a accomplished bullshiter before entering the senate.   ::)  brilliant...  We'd be better off if we had more people there with backgrounds outside of being a career politician.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:20 PM »
crappy notion that you should be an established career politician before you can hold a senate seat.  What the hell does that say?  You have to be a accomplished bullshiter before entering the senate.   ::)

first test

be able to bullshit your way into getting the job

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
seems to me that republicans aren't actually interested in the qualifications of who is picked.  What this is really about is stopping a Kennedy.  I don't see the problem.  If she sucks she'll not win when she has to actually run.  She meets the qualifications set forth in the Constitution to be senator.  Who are these people here pointing out failures of the constitution by demanding more qualifications?  If this were important, there would have been a specific pool of people set forth to draw from, like only those who have served or are serving in state gov or some shit.  The qualified candidate is the candidate that meets the qualifications in the Constitution and in this case is chosen by the governor.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
I agree if she where to get the seat she would be a force to be reckoned with but you have defended her qualification in the past on this board as well.

she's like Palin (rare that I'd bring her up, huh?)

She's technically qualified.
In real life, she's marginally qualified.
Yet the support system around her would tell her what to sign and what buttons to push and all that, to do a fairly competent job.

I didn't think Palin would ruin America - but I did think she would allow her handlers to heavily influence her.  She said it herself- they MADE her go back on Couric, adn she didn't want to.  I think Kennedy would do the same - what her team recommended on a daily basis.

Look at an Obama, on the other hand.  This is an independent thinker, who is breaking apart that corrupt system one piece at a time.  Piss off, lobbyists!

Jan 20
Ordered  a 120-day halt in all pending GITMO cases.

Jan 21
Ordered sention staff pay freeze.
Announced Tough new restrictions on lobbying in his administration
Called Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas
Empowered Freedom Of Information Act
Changes Oval Office Dress Code - No jackets required

Jan 22
Issues order - GITMO to be closed within one year.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 04:59:20 AM »
i'm telling ya.

The name.
The senate experience.

MICHELLE OBAMA

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:07 AM »

Theat loverboy Benny must be devastated.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
i'm telling ya.

The name.
The senate experience.

She is a nit wit YOU KNOW.Who cant speak YOU KNOW,thats why she pulled out YOU KNOW,because she was shocked at how the press jumped on her YOU KNOW.She is a nothing.An idiot who hid for thirty years YOU KNOW.Now its coming out that she never raised anywhere near the money her supporters claimed YOU KNOW.A dope that can now go back into hiding YOU KNOW.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:17 AM »
I wonder if we will ever know the real story.  I’m not big on conspiracy theories, but I am certain that Ted’s illness is not the reason for Caroline’s withdrawal.  Remember, Ted is basically a fossil at this point; his illness is not new.  He had surgery on his brain a few weeks ago.  He is clearly a dead man walking.  As soon as it was clear Hillary was leaving the Senate, Ted himself was publicly encouraging Caroline to run.

Caroline is not Ted’s primary care giver; she is not responsible for his welfare.  He is not her father.  They do not live in the same house.  It is not as if he “needs” her from day to day.  Her going to the Senate (or not) would have no impact on his health or quality of life.

My guess is she learned that she was not going to be chosen and leaving now is a face saving move.  A public rejection would have been a humiliating blow to her ego and a serious blemish on the Kennedy brand.

I am glad she is gone... she did not belong in the Senate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 07:17:55 AM »
good points BayGBM.

I will now substitute that female NY stae rep that paterson may put up instead.  She can run in 08 on the ticket.  "our own little palin!" for the dems!

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:01 AM »
Caroline cited "personal reasons" for withdrawing from the Senate race.

I suppose "I'm an overprivileged spoiled rich girl and I suck" could certainly be construed as a "personal reason."

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20090122/49780b60_3ca6_15526200901221661675748

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 07:43:46 AM »
Caroline cited "personal reasons" for withdrawing from the Senate race.

I suppose "I'm an overprivileged spoiled rich girl and I suck" could certainly be construed as a "personal reason."

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20090122/49780b60_3ca6_15526200901221661675748
hahahha bump

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 07:52:36 AM »
Bay, I agree with you 100%.

Hugo, she isn't qualified and is a real left winger.  We need intelligent leaders who can work across the isle.  Left and right fringe candidates should not be nominated.