Author Topic: Patrick Arnold: A history of spiked supplements - anthonyroberts  (Read 2095 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Recently, I told you about a raid on Patrick Arnold and his ErgoPharm facilities. The following day I presented you with some background information on that situation.

Patrick was not amused, and expressed the idea that I should have called him for a quote. I’d like the record to state that I did call him for a quote, and I called him yesterday also, prior to running this blog post. I’m still waiting on a return phone call.

For the past few years, Patrick has been operating as a self-appointed quality control watchman for the nutritional industry, and has continued to do so, even as his supplements are resulting in positive drug tests in Major League Baseball.

But the truth is that Patrick has a history of producing supplements spiked (tainted) with numerous anabolic steroids and unlisted ingredients. Let’s take a look at a study conducted in 2003, which happened to take a look at Patrick Arnold’s 1-AD supplement, from back in the day when he owned LPJ Research, titled Prohormones and Sport:

Title: Prohormones and Sport
From: The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Volume 83, Issues 1-5 , December 2002, Pages 245-251
Authors: Frans T. Delbeke, , Peter Van Eenoo, Wim Van Thuyne and Noël Desmet

“The…analysis [of Patrick Arnold's 1-AD] however also showed the presence of boldenone, dehydroepiandrosterone, 19-nor-4-androstenediol, testosterone and 5-androstane-3, 17-diol in the capsule…

…DHEA, 19-norandrostenediol and 5–androstane-3-17 diol were found in this 1-AD supplement…”

So, what does it tell us? Basically, this peer-reviewed and published scientific study shows us that Patrick Arnold has, in the past, produced at least one product that was contaminated with tons of ingredients that were not listed on the label, and additionally that there was the presence of at least two illegal anabolic steroids in the product as well.

I presented this information to J. Clark Baird, a lawyer who works in the supplement industry, and is very familiar with all aspects of the industry:

“Quality control is a major issue in the supplement industry. This problem can arise anywhere in the supply chain: starting with Chinese raw chemical manufacturer to the U.S. company that mixes, bottles and distributes, there are always concerns about contaminants. As more and more products are found to contain substances that are not listed on the label or substances that are even scheduled/controlled, the U.S. government has become more pro-active in monitoring and testing supplements. The inevitable conclusion of this, in my professional opinion, is that the supplement industry will face more stringent regulations in the near future. is why my partner, Bill Butler, Jr. and I guide our clients through the entire process, from the selection of the chemical, to the choice of a manufacturer, all the way to the labeling of the finished product.”

Personally, I’ve worked in the supplement industry in the past (and may even do so again), and I find his comments to be dead on. Quality Control is a major issue, and I can name a dozen people who have worked in the steroid industry (i.e. started their careers writing about steroids and using them) or who have been busted for dealing steroids who later worked in nutrition (Bill Phillips, Michael Zumpano, Bill Roberts, Dan Duchaine, Jens Ingenohl, Myself, Patrick Arnold, Ron Kramer, Emeric Delczeg, Victor Conte, Bruce Kneller, and Dave Palumbo come to my mind, just off the top of my head).

At this point, I should also mention that Patrick is currently producing nutritional supplements for “Species” a company owned by fellow Muscular Development author, and ex-convict, Dave Palumbo. Dave Palumbo, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune, was previously busted for selling dirty (not sterile) sugar-water and claiming it was Growth Hormone.

So basically you have Patrick Arnold (an ex-convict with a record of producing spiked nutritional supplements) manufacturing products for Dave Palumbo (an ex-convict with a record of selling fake & dirty gear). I can’t imagine why the DEA raided ErgoPharm in the first place…

Odds are just as likely that they may be taking a look at Dave and Species just as much as they’re taking a look at Patrick at this point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Patrick Arnold: A history of spiked supplements - anthonyroberts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:00:29 PM »
interesting.  i thought in this day and age of "anyone can test any product for a few hundred bucks and completely expose a spiker", that this wouldn't happen.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
interesting.  i thought in this day and age of "anyone can test any product for a few hundred bucks and completely expose a spiker", that this wouldn't happen.

YEH YOU THINK SO

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
And people wonder why the supplement industry has a bad reputation - just follow the GMP laws folks...

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »
Why would anyone believe anything roberts says.  Didn't he just get a judgement against him?

kappaz

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »
Why would anyone believe anything roberts says.  Didn't he just get a judgement against him?

yup

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
HOUSTON DIVISION

DYNAMIC SPORTS NUTRITION, INC., ?
?
Plaintiff, ?
?
VS. ? CIVIL ACTION NO. H-08-1929
?
ANTHONY ROBERTS, et al., ?
?
Defendants ?

ORDER ENTERING INJUNCTION AND FINAL JUDGMENT
Judgment is issued in favor of Plaintiff, Dynamic Sports Nutrition, Inc. and against
Defendants Anthony Roberts a/k/a Anthony Connors and A Roberts, LLC (the ?Roberts
Defendants?) as set forth below. The court issues this Final Judgment pursuant to this court?s
Memorandum and Opinion dated January 16, 2009 setting forth its findings of fact and
conclusions of law on the damages and attorney?s fees sought by Plaintiff following the
court?s entry of default against the Roberts Defendants.
In accordance with this court?s January 16, 2009 Memorandum and Opinion, it is
ordered that:
1. The plaintiff recovers from the defendants, Anthony Roberts and A Robert,
LLC, jointly and severally, $569,065.00 in past lost profits, $6,090,000.00 in
future lost profits from January 16, 2009 through December 31, 2011,
$32,417.50 in reasonable attorney?s fees, taxable court costs of $350.00, along
with postjudgment interest on these amounts at the rate of 0.44% per annum,
Case 4:08-cv-01929 Document 24 Filed in TXSD on 01/20/2009 Page 1 of 3
beginning January 16, 2009 and continuing until the amounts awarded are paid
in full.
2. Based on the announcement of the plaintiff?s counsel of settlement, the court
hereby dismisses without prejudice all claims plaintiff asserted against
Defendant Douglas Drier. FED. R. CIV. P. 41(a)(1)
3. Anthony Roberts and A. Roberts, LLC, and their agents, servants, employees,
and those persons in active concert or participation with them who receive
actual notice of the order by personal service or otherwise, shall refrain from:
(a) Directly or indirectly disclosing the confidential information as defined
above;
(b) Selling, assigning, or converting any data regarding the confidential
information or any information regarding DSNI?s profit margins,
manufacturing costs of its products,s ales history, customers? financial
information or prior purchases from DSNI, or any other data contained
on either the stolen Macintosh laptop computer or on the compact disc
Roberts admitted to having in his possession in his June 22, 2008 blog
posting;
(c) Using any password to access private, password-protected information
contained in the websites operated by DSNI (such as sales data or the
Case 4:08-cv-01929 Document 24 Filed in TXSD on 01/20/2009 Page 2 of 3
names, addresses, and orders of DSNI?s customers).
This is a Final Judgment.
SIGNED on January 16, 2009, at Houston, Texas