Author Topic: Today I will not be talking about Mark McGwire (sort of) anthonyrobertsonline  (Read 551 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
If you’ve been keeping up with the blogosphere, you have already heard by now that Mark McGwire’s brother Jay McGwire has written a book where he claims to have given his brother performance enhancing drugs. Naturally, the two brothers haven’t spoken in awhile…

Deadspin.com broke the story, and I give them tons of credit but there’s a lot of errors in it - and Jay McGwire pretty much doesn’t know what he’s talking about with regards to steroids or even andro.

The article about Jay on Deadspin.com claims that he’s a professional bodybuilder. I’ve actually never heard of Jay McGwire (other than being Mark’s brother), and I don’t think he’s a professional bodybuilder at all - not in any federation I’ve heard of. He actually won a Local NPC show (The Contra Costa Bodybuilding Championships), but never won nationals, and didn’t go professional.

The other thing I noticed was…well….there have already been people (Canseco, busted steroid dealers, etc…) who claim to have given Mark McGwire steroids. Remember, Mark pretty much plead the fifth when he testified in front of Congress - in other words, he basically said he wouldn’t answer questions that would incriminate himself. I just don’t get why anybody would care at this point (other than his brother, because he’s got a book to sell).

And as if things couldn’t get worse, he says that he was the guy who told Mark to use Andro before the 1998 season because:

Prior to the 1998 season, [Mark] had reached a level where he did not need to get any stronger and he couldn’t afford to add any more weight. So I directed him to androstenedione testosterone booster, which is non-hormonal (which is why it can be sold legally and is not affected by the 2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act) and works naturally with your body. “Andro” increases strength and aggression while promoting reduction of body fat and a leaner look to the physique….andro allowed Mark to avoid all the potential adverse side effects that could occur from using anabolic steroids, such as water retention, hair loss, and liver, heart, or kidney stress. In addition, he wouldn’t have cholesterol problems or testicular atrophy.

Ok…let’s look at the bold parts “Mark did not need to get any stronger” followed by “I directed him to androstenedione” and then “Andro increases strength”.

Ummm…if he didn’t need to get any stronger, then why did you tell him to take something that would make him stronger?

And I should also point out that virtually every single piece of “knowledge” Jay McGwire has about Andro is incorrect at best or contradictory at worst. I can’t imagine this book proposal being any worse. I mean…we have no way of knowing if the guy is telling the truth, and where he attempts to drop some steroid knowledge on us, he ends up being completely wrong.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Are you Roberts little gofer boy?  Or little Anthony himself? 

Why the constant cut and paste?  If we wanted to read his crap we would go to his site.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
who gives a shit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
The only people who worry if athletes take gear is the media. The general public could care less. The whole thing would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.