Author Topic: U.S. Dad Accused Of Chaining Daughter To Bed...  (Read 2990 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
U.S. Dad Accused Of Chaining Daughter To Bed...
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »
U.S. Dad Accused Of Chaining Daughter To Bed
To Force Her To Lose Weight

Thursday January 22, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff

Robert Blue's daughter is safe and recovering, primarily because her chains were long enough to reach her computer.

Police and her neighbours are appalled by what the 15-year-old Las Vegas girl allegedly went through - and they can't believe the man accused of the awful crime is her own father.

In a case that's almost anorexia-by-proxy, cops allege Blue (top left) chained his daughter to her bed because he thought she weighed too much. The youngster was proficient in mixed martial arts and tipped the scales at 165 lbs.

Her obsessed dad reportedly believed she should check in closer to 140-145, which he called her 'fighting weight.' So police say he went to extreme measures to ensure she lost those pounds.

He put padlocks on all the cupboards and around the fridge in the kitchen so his daughter couldn't get access to any food in the house. And to make sure she didn't sneak out for a snack, the 53-year-old is accused of chaining her to her bed.

She was only allowed free to go to the bathroom, have a tightly controlled lunch shower or work out. Otherwise, police contend she was padlocked with a chain and her movements tightly controlled.

Blue was already known as a something of an odd character around his neighbourhood. His front door boasts a sign that reads, "Trespassing violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

Few doubted he meant what it said.

He was not friendly with the people who lived nearby and police allege he's a control freak who kept a tight leash on his three children. He's said to have gone on the enforced diet with his teenaged son and daughter, but when she didn't lose weight, he took drastic steps.

Police say when he discovered some hidden peas and corn the starving girl had somehow smuggled into her room, he pulled out the chains and secured her to the bed.

But he may have made one serious mistake. Blue allegedly allowed enough slack on the shackles for the girl to reach her computer. After several days of being restrained, she managed to send out an email to a friend, who alerted a counsellor at her school.

That brought police to his door. When they confronted Blue he insisted he didn't do anything wrong and was only looking out for the best interests of his children.

Cops accuse him of striking the teen with a wooden stick and kicking her, although he will only admit to using a weight belt to spank his kids for 'disciplinary purposes.'

Neighbours say they never had a clue about what was going on inside the home. But they're stunned by what happened. "They'd have to be pretty sick. Demented and mean and horrible," accuses Kimberly Bissel of the allegations against the man next door.

Blue has been charged with child endangerment, child abuse and false imprisonment. He'll appear in court February 4th.

His kids are now in the custody of a local children's aid.

w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: U.S. Dad Accused Of Chaining Daughter To Bed...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »
Well I liked the sign. Big beard, must be a muslim.
L

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Looks like he needs to be chained up to a Norelco and away from the fridge himself.

Sad.

Although I do like the No trespassing sign.

W

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
Well I liked the sign. Big beard, must be a muslim.

Don't think so. If he were a Muslim he would've stoned her to death, beheaded her or threw acid in her face for being fat.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »
Don't think so. If he were a Muslim he would've stoned her to death, beheaded her or threw acid in her face for being fat.

or even just for wanting to go to school

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
Good job Beserk...and very astute Straw. We had a girls school about a mile from the wire on Bagram. The school was on the edge ofthe small town of Bagram and we had a fairly clear view of it as the ground was clear all the way over its location. The Taliban rolled in...shot some ANP (police) and tried to burn down the school. The Afghans had snipers (ANP police) on some of the other buildings and engaged the fire bugs. Things didn't go so well for the Taliban. It was at night and we watched the whole thing.  They eventually found another girls school at 20 KM's from us, unguarded and burnt it down.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »
Good job Beserk...and very astute Straw. We had a girls school about a mile from the wire on Bagram. The school was on the edge ofthe small town of Bagram and we had a fairly clear view of it as the ground was clear all the way over its location. The Taliban rolled in...shot some ANP (police) and tried to burn down the school. The Afghans had snipers (ANP police) on some of the other buildings and engaged the fire bugs. Things didn't go so well for the Taliban. It was at night and we watched the whole thing.  They eventually found another girls school at 20 KM's from us, unguarded and burnt it down.

Front page of cnn.com today.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/01/22/acid.attacks/index.html

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Shivering in pain and calling for her mother, Shamsia's hands shake uncontrollably, her eyes swollen shut and her skin peeling from terrible acid burns.
Shamsia and Atifa remain determined to get their education despite the attacks.

The 19-year-old was heading to school along with her 16-year-old sister, Atifa, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. It was a warm November morning last year and their only anxiety was being late for class.

"We saw two men up ahead staring at us. One was standing off and the other one was on their motorcycle. I wanted to go but there was a black object in his hand and he took it out," Atifa says.

The girls thought it was a water pistol. Video Watch acid attack in Afghanistan »

"He grabbed my arm and asked, 'Will you be going to school anymore?' He then threw acid on my sister and threw acid on me," Shamsia says.

They weren't the only ones attacked that day. Several other teachers and students were targeted on their way to Meir Weis Mena School in Kandahar, the nation's third-largest city and one where the Taliban have long been influential.

Atifa was burned so badly that her red scarf melted onto her dark brown hair.

Parents were so frightened that many students were kept at home for weeks afterward.

It's not the first time girls in Afghanistan have been targeted for attending school. The Taliban have been responsible for dozens of attacks on girls' schools and female teachers, but even they condemned this attack.

Kandahar was the headquarters for the Taliban during its five-year rule of Afghanistan and was home to Taliban Supreme Leader Mullah Omar.

During that time, girls were forbidden to attend school. If they tried to get an education, they risked beatings by the religious police, or worse. Parents and family members were threatened, and sometimes killed, for allowing their girls the chance to be educated.

Since the fall of the Taliban in 2001, the Afghan government has tried to extend access to education, with some success. About 6 million children attend schools throughout the country, 2 million of whom are girls, according to government figures.

The case of Shamsia and Atifa gained national and international attention. See how you can help

"A real man would never throw acid on the face of a little girl, a real man wouldn't even want to make a little girl unhappy," Afghan President Hamid Karzai said shortly after the attack. "Beside it being a cowardly act, it is an un-Islamic act."

Laura Bush, the first lady of the United States at the time who advocated for the education of girls in Afghanistan, called the attacks a "cowardly and shameful" act.

"My heart goes out to the victims and their families as they recover from this cruel attack," she said.

A few weeks after the attacks, the story took a strange turn.

The governor of Kandahar announced that 10 men had been arrested and some had confessed.

But none was seen until a video made by Afghan Intelligence was released by the Interior Ministry, and aired on Afghan State Television in late December.

One of the accused, Jalil, said in the video that a major in the ISI, or Pakistani intelligence unit, approached him and offered him the equivalent of $2,000 for each attack.

"He told me I will give 200,000 Pakistani rupees for a teacher's death, 300,000 for burning a school, and 100,000 for throwing acid on a schoolgirl," Jalil said, seeming frightened and agitated as he looked into the camera.

He said the major gave him a letter for the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar, where he received the money.

But President Karzai seemed intent on defusing any tensions with Pakistan stirred by the release of the video.

During a news conference earlier this month in Kabul with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, Karzai said that in this case, Pakistan displayed real cooperation to find the culprit. In the past, Karzai has often accused Pakistani officials of being involved in terrorism in Afghanistan and supporting the Taliban.

"For the first time, we had a very sincere and brotherly approach to the issue, which is of satisfaction to us and I hope we can succeed together," Karzai said.

Pakistani officials tell CNN that the claims about the consulate's involvement are "hogwash."

For once, the attacks have not set off tit-for-tat accusations between the Afghan and Pakistani governments, as both countries deal with the extremists working to keep girls from getting an education.

None of the men who appeared on the video has had his day in court.

The victims have their own ideas for justice.

"Their punishment should be that they should have acid thrown on their faces in front of me. Just like they threw acid on me, we should throw acid on them," Shamsia says.
advertisement

But her greatest revenge, she says, is an education.

When asked if she would stop attending school, Shamsia was quick with her response. "Why wouldn't I want to come to school? I want our country to persevere. I have to do something for my country, I must go to school."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »
All this from people who rape little boys.....we'd see kids (boys) with finger nail polish on. That ment they were somebodies bitch...5 year old kids!!! U could also here the older ANA soldiers raping the younger ones on thursday nights.  Wonderful people muslims.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 06:14:46 PM »

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Shivering in pain and calling for her mother, Shamsia's hands shake uncontrollably, her eyes swollen shut and her skin peeling from terrible acid burns.

The 19-year-old was heading to school along with her 16-year-old sister, Atifa, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. It was a warm November morning last year and their only anxiety was being late for class.

"We saw two men up ahead staring at us. One was standing off and the other one was on their motorcycle. I wanted to go but there was a black object in his hand and he took it out," Atifa says.

The girls thought it was a water pistol. Video Watch acid attack in Afghanistan »

"He grabbed my arm and asked, 'Will you be going to school anymore?' He then threw acid on my sister and threw acid on me," Shamsia says.

They weren't the only ones attacked that day. Several other teachers and students were targeted on their way to Meir Weis Mena School in Kandahar, the nation's third-largest city and one where the Taliban have long been influential.

Parents were so frightened that many students were kept at home for weeks afterward.

It's not the first time girls in Afghanistan have been targeted for attending school. The Taliban have been responsible for dozens of attacks on girls' schools and female teachers, but even they condemned this attack.

Kandahar was the headquarters for the Taliban during its five-year rule of Afghanistan and was home to Taliban Supreme Leader Mullah Omar.

During that time, girls were forbidden to attend school. If they tried to get an education, they risked beatings by the religious police, or worse. Parents and family members were threatened, and sometimes killed, for allowing their girls the chance to be educated.

Since the fall of the Taliban in 2001, the Afghan government has tried to extend access to education, with some success. About 6 million children attend schools throughout the country, 2 million of whom are girls, according to government figures.

The case of Shamsia and Atifa gained national and international attention. See how you can help

"A real man would never throw acid on the face of a little girl, a real man wouldn't even want to make a little girl unhappy," Afghan President Hamid Karzai said shortly after the attack. "Beside it being a cowardly act, it is an un-Islamic act."

Laura Bush, the first lady of the United States at the time who advocated for the education of girls in Afghanistan, called the attacks a "cowardly and shameful" act.

"My heart goes out to the victims and their families as they recover from this cruel attack," she said.

The governor of Kandahar announced that 10 men had been arrested and some had confessed.

But none was seen until a video made by Afghan Intelligence was released by the Interior Ministry, and aired on Afghan State Television in late December.

One of the accused, Jalil, said in the video that a major in the ISI, or Pakistani intelligence unit, approached him and offered him the equivalent of $2,000 for each attack.

"He told me I will give 200,000 Pakistani rupees for a teacher's death, 300,000 for burning a school, and 100,000 for throwing acid on a schoolgirl," Jalil said, seeming frightened and agitated as he looked into the camera.

He said the major gave him a letter for the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar, where he received the money.

But President Karzai seemed intent on defusing any tensions with Pakistan stirred by the release of the video.

During a news conference earlier this month in Kabul with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, Karzai said that in this case, Pakistan displayed real cooperation to find the culprit. In the past, Karzai has often accused Pakistani officials of being involved in terrorism in Afghanistan and supporting the Taliban.

"For the first time, we had a very sincere and brotherly approach to the issue, which is of satisfaction to us and I hope we can succeed together," Karzai said.

Pakistani officials tell CNN that the claims about the consulate's involvement are "hogwash."

For once, the attacks have not set off tit-for-tat accusations between the Afghan and Pakistani governments, as both countries deal with the extremists working to keep girls from getting an education.

"Their punishment should be that they should have acid thrown on their faces in front of me. Just like they threw acid on me, we should throw acid on them," Shamsia says.
advertisement

When asked if she would stop attending school, Shamsia was quick with her response. "Why wouldn't I want to come to school? I want our country to persevere. I have to do something for my country, I must go to school."

Right after this came out, there was fierce condemnation of the acid attack by the Taliban.

It was just announced today that the individual who threw the acid claims to have been paid by Pakistan.  :'(
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
Right after this came out, there was fierce condemnation of the acid attack by the Taliban.

It was just announced today that the individual who threw the acid claims to have been paid by Pakistan.  :'(

LOL. Fierce condemnation from the Taliban only because the public was beyond outraged over it. You're not going to win people over when word gets out that you're throwing acid on civilians. Of course they tried to save face in the public's eye. There are countless incidents of Taliban members attacking women and girls. I would say I'm surprised you're defending them, but I'm not. A far-right Muslim with extremist sentiments who lies about her IQ and job would surely defend the Taliban in this situation. Question, do you ever think about how stupid your posts look before you submit it?

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »
She works in a strip-mall, you know. Just like Einstein.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »

I can't believe she's stupid enough to actually think that the Taliban would actually mean it when they "condemn" something like this when they've been more than well documented carrying out dozens upon dozens of attacks of this nature.

Strip mall. Hahaha. Einstein for sure!

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
I wonder if Einstein ever got to go to Cloud Camp ?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »
The dad looks like a pretty nice, normal, reasonable guy.  I'm sure this whole thing is all just a big misunderstanding and once the real truth comes out we're all going to have a good laugh about it.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »
All this from people who rape little boys.....we'd see kids (boys) with finger nail polish on. That ment they were somebodies bitch...5 year old kids!!! U could also here the older ANA soldiers raping the younger ones on thursday nights.  Wonderful people muslims.

You could hear children being raped but no one did shit about it?   ::)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 03:11:24 AM »

advertisement

Good god...thats just horrible. No wonder those countries are stagnating

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
LOL. Fierce condemnation from the Taliban only because the public was beyond outraged over it. You're not going to win people over when word gets out that you're throwing acid on civilians. Of course they tried to save face in the public's eye. There are countless incidents of Taliban members attacking women and girls. I would say I'm surprised you're defending them, but I'm not. A far-right Muslim with extremist sentiments who lies about her IQ and job would surely defend the Taliban in this situation. Question, do you ever think about how stupid your posts look before you submit it?

Who is defending the Taliban. I'm simply stating facts.

Who the heck is a far-right Muslim?

Terrorist organizations have been known to condemn acts of violence similar to that which they commit.

They take credit for their actions, and don't take credit for the actions of others to which they are not a party to.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:45 AM »
Stunning Allegation Follows Months-Old Acid Attacks On Women In Afghanistan
Thursday January 22, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff

It was a crime that shocked the world. But now those accused of being behind it have come out with yet another stunning revelation about why it happened and who supposedly ordered them to do it.

It was back in November 2008 when several young girls in the war torn nation were walking to school, an act that riled some radical fundamentalists, who believe women are not entitled to an education.

To make their vicious point, several men confronted the students, splashing acid in their faces. The girls writhed in pain and were horribly scarred as the painful liquid quickly did its work.

Several young women and their teachers were also attacked that day, an odious act that was roundly condemned even by the Taliban, a group known for going to extremes in the name of religion.

But on Thursday, a video of the 10 men accused finally surfaced (below), and their confessions contain potentially damaging admissions. In one, a suspect claims he was approached by a member of the Pakistani Intelligence Forces and told he would be paid $2,000 for every person he attacked.

The payments were allegedly made at the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar.

The revelations have sparked new outrage against the country's neighbour, which has often been accused of spreading and funding terrorism in Afghanistan. But despite his often outspoken criticism of Pakistan, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai insists they're not to blame.

"Not by the Pakistanis, but by a individual," he insists. "But not the consulate."

Pakistan has denied the claims but the victims of this terrible crime aren't so sure.

They're hoping their government finds the right culprits and punishes them in the way they deserve. "Just as they threw acid on my face," one responds, "throw it in their eyes and mouth and do it in front of me."

But even if that doesn't happen, she insists they didn't succeed in their plans, calling her education "the best revenge."

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »
The dad looks like a pretty nice, normal, reasonable guy.  I'm sure this whole thing is all just a big misunderstanding and once the real truth comes out we're all going to have a good laugh about it.

::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 08:50:51 AM »

Where the heck did you come up with that theory?  ???
w