Author Topic: Cheney Speaks Out on Libby (disagrees with Bush's decision)  (Read 434 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cheney Speaks Out on Libby (disagrees with Bush's decision)
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »
Former vice president calls prosecution a "serious miscarriage of justice" and disagrees with Bush's decision.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney disagreed publicly with his boss just four times in the eight years they served together. Yesterday, however, on the first day after the official end of the Bush administration, Cheney disagreed with George W. Bush once more.

Asked for his reaction to Bush's decision Cheney said: "Scooter Libby is one of the most capable and honorable men I've ever known. He's been an outstanding public servant throughout his career. He was the victim of a serious miscarriage of justice, and I strongly believe that he deserved a presidential pardon. Obviously, I disagree with President Bush's decision."

Bush's decision not to pardon Libby has angered many of the president's strongest defenders. One Libby sympathizer, a longtime defender of Bush, told friends she was "disgusted" by the president. Another described Bush as "dishonorable" and a third suggested that refusing to pardon Libby was akin to leaving a soldier on the battlefield. They believe that the prosecution of Libby was riddled with inconsistencies and double-standards. Not least of those is the fact that former deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage, who leaked the identity of former CIA operative Valerie Plame to at least two reporters, was never charged. And Fitzgerald had known from the outset of his investigation that Armitage was the leaker.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Cheney Speaks Out on Libby (disagrees with Bush's decision)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
Cheney and possibly the president should have went down over this so I guess he's just backing his scapegoat.