Author Topic: Why do bodybuilders need more protein?  (Read 1355 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Why do bodybuilders need more protein?
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »
why do so many of you feel its a necessity to consume 30-40g's of protein every 2.5 - 3 hours in belief you will gain more muscle tissue?

if anything, you need tons of carbs to supply energy for a hard workout to allow maximum muscle breakdown (which is what builds muscle btw)

10-15% of calories from protein
60% carbs
30% fats

whats so complicated bout that?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Why do bodybuilders need more protein?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »
some blood types respond much better to high protein diets (type O) right?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
why do so many of you feel its a necessity to consume 30-40g's of protein every 2.5 - 3 hours in belief you will gain more muscle tissue?

if anything, you need tons of carbs to supply energy for a hard workout to allow maximum muscle breakdown (which is what builds muscle btw)

60% carbs
30% fats

didn't you recently start a thread saying bodybuilders need more protein?  was that somebody else?

E
E

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »
call me crazy but all i know is that ever since i have increased protein i have been gainig like crazy
w

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

60% carbs
30% fats

Care to share your pic so we can see how your theories equate to results?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:32:13 PM »
i was stuck till i cut my training time more then half, and uped my protein intake to 1.5-2 grams per bodyweight.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »
call me crazy but all i know is that ever since i have increased protein i have been gainig like crazy

i dont doubt your sincerity... but, you have just been hallucinating all this time my friend. (that this sudden "crazy gaining" was somehow a direct result of increased protein intake?) with that logic, its like saying one will 'gain more' muscle tissue by eating 200g's of protein a day instead of 100. bullshit. even under the best possible conditions, gaining around 3-5 lbs of PURE lean muscle tissue a year is about the max anyone could hope for. i mean naturals that is. but it is true - building muscle is a huge process. anyone claiming over 3/4 lb at most of pure muscle in a months time is bsing. remember, weight gain and muscle gain are two diff things.

anyway, all my information i get is from ph.d's (my professors, research articles, uni, etc)

i dont read flex, bb.com, or anything non-scientific. but its so funny how meatheads just seem to 'know more' than biochemists.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »
i dont doubt your sincerity... but, you have just been hallucinating all this time my friend. (that this sudden "crazy gaining" was somehow a direct result of increased protein intake?) with that logic, its like saying one will 'gain more' muscle tissue by eating 200g's of protein a day instead of 100. bullshit. even under the best possible conditions, gaining around 3-5 lbs of PURE lean muscle tissue a year is about the max anyone could hope for. i mean naturals that is. but it is true - building muscle is a huge process. anyone claiming over 3/4 lb at most of pure muscle in a months time is bsing. remember, weight gain and muscle gain are two diff things.

anyway, all my information i get is from ph.d's (my professors, research articles, uni, etc)

i dont read flex, bb.com, or anything non-scientific. but its so funny how meatheads just seem to 'know more' than biochemists.

lets say you gain 1 lb of muscle

lets say that lb of muscel contains 100 grams of amino acids

do you think all you need to eat is 100 grams of protein in order t gain 1 lb of muscl?

you are sorely mistaken

protein is used for numerous things, the least of all is muscle growth. cell renewal, hair skin nails, some hormones, gluconeognsis, ... also.... eating protein stimulates your body t0 use protein.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
some blood types respond much better to high protein diets (type O) right?
If you have more info on that id like to see. I think im type O.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »
i think this board is full of guys
I

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 10:02:15 PM »
i think this board is full of ####
At least people here don't post some guy's pic and pretend to be him. ::) ::) ::)
A

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
STOP TAKING UP BANDWIDTH

60% carbs
30% fats

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 11:21:58 PM »
G

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:23:56 PM »
i think this board is full of ####

Of course you do.  you don't belong here.  Now go away.