Author Topic: Superhuman strength  (Read 4258 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Superhuman strength
« on: January 24, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Brpwsing google. Found this

This is a topic I've spent many times podering, and I have found my own conclusion, but won't inflict my belief upon yours. With a limited range of motion, I can leg press 2085lbs 100 repetitions, and could have still gone on. The most I could absolutely fit on the olympic machine with 100lb plates was 4205lbs(42 plates and the bar/platform by itself I count as 5lbs). I did 48 repetitions, and the odd thing was when I replaced the bar holder to its place, I felt dead, but only a few seconds afterward I jumped up and helped remove the plates. Now, despite all the criticism the leg press excersize has drawn, I have heard from doctors and bodybuilders that in the smaller range leg press, the absolute most a man should be able to press is around 3500lbs, at most 5 reps. Ronnie Coleman, a worldly recognized bodybuilder was able to press 2250lbs within this limited range of motion. Is this supernatural, superhuman strength? Again, I have made my own conclusion. If there is any doubt among the reader, you are correct, there is no way I can prove this unless you saw with your own two eyes. All I can say, or ask rather, is why would I come onto this website and lie? I have absolutely nothing to gain, but by telling you of my lift, I hope I have brought some additional insight into your debate.

Mark Hammond

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=86471

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Superhuman strength
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »
any pictures of this modern day Tom Platz?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:54:52 AM »
literally just stumbled upon that

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »
same guy here

felt I should tell you all my physical attributes, incase it might help. I am somewhere in between 6'1'' and 6'4''(haven't been measured since freshman year), about 225lbs, and am 18 years old. Someone asked if I've lifted a car before. Yes, actually more times than I can count, my familys pick-up truck, I have lifted from the rear and front end(lifted both tires off ground), and found the front to be a little harder. The first time I tried because I heard a story similar to those mentioned earlier, one's of older women lifting cars and such. Since I have actually found it fun. It's a 1985 Ford, and if I had to guess I'd say it weighs around 2300lbs. I suppose I should tell you of my other excersizes I have found a little weird. There is a forearm free weight contraption at my high school's gym, on which you place weight near the end, and pull it towards you using your grip/forearm strength. One of the football players, a friend of mine, was doing two 45lb plates(90lbs), and was sweating pretty hard. I started where he left off, and proceeded to add all the weight I could fit(in 100lb plates). I could only fit on six, and did 10 repetitions. Also, my biceps seem to be unnaturally strong, I can, using both arms, curl 220lbs. The odd thing is though, that on excersizes like the bench press, I am well below average, only benching about 225lbs(one repetition). And on the squat rack, I can withstand(lift the weight of the bars without squatting, holding it) 1365lbs, I don't know whether or not that is good or not. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been lifting and the other kids or lifters look at me like I'm some sort of freak, or how many times I've been asked if I'm on steroids. For clarification, I'm not on any sort of steroid, protein shake, or anything. My source of protein is skim milk. I have talked to so many people with so many far-fetched theory's you can't imagine. I've talked to eccentric evolutionists who say I'm the next step in evolution, because I have blonde hair and green/yellow eyes, which supposedly is of "Aryan blood". I have talked to Greek mythology eccentrics who say since I'm greek that I'm proof of their theory. Then I've talked to scientists here at school who say its all genetic code. Again, I can only fairly leave your conclusion respected by not stating my belief as fact. Also, I watched a good film based on this subject, by a director M. Night Shymalan, called, 'Unbreakable'. Thanks again for reading and considering my opinion as I contemplate yours.

Mark Hammond

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
by limited motion

i think he means just resting his feet on the plates
T

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »
Great, get him a pair of oly shoes and he'll be the first human ever to break the magical 600 pound barrier in the clean and jerk.

::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »
Haha, took a few pages but eventually a few people called bs and wanted video.

Some boring bastards in there.  It'd be like shooting fish for a Getbigger.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
lol was so funny to read.

he curls what he bench presses

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
lol was so funny to read.

he curls what he bench presses

not a lot can do that.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Great, get him a pair of oly shoes and he'll be the first human ever to break the magical 600 pound barrier in the clean and jerk.

::)

He could do it if he were approximately 8 inches tall.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »
Read the whole thread....quality stuff  ;D

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »
today we had a newbie joining our olympic lifting team and he said he did some cleans before and could do "around 250 lbs" ;D

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:39 PM »
Mark Hammond is an all around strong dude.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
Kegdrainer once picked up a 500 pound stone in his front yard and carried it 30 feet.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »
Kegdrainer once picked up a 500 pound stone in his front yard and carried it 30 feet.

It was 600 pounds  :D

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 02:20:32 AM »
today we had a newbie joining our olympic lifting team and he said he did some cleans before and could do "around 250 lbs" ;D

;D

You're an OL? What are your pb's big guy?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
i am just a tiny tit ;D

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »
I once carried a triple stacked big mac with one hand
I

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 07:39:07 PM »
A

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 11:38:34 PM »
same guy here

felt I should tell you all my physical attributes, incase it might help. I am somewhere in between 6'1'' and 6'4''(haven't been measured since freshman year), about 225lbs, and am 18 years old. Someone asked if I've lifted a car before. Yes, actually more times than I can count, my familys pick-up truck, I have lifted from the rear and front end(lifted both tires off ground), and found the front to be a little harder. The first time I tried because I heard a story similar to those mentioned earlier, one's of older women lifting cars and such. Since I have actually found it fun. It's a 1985 Ford, and if I had to guess I'd say it weighs around 2300lbs. I suppose I should tell you of my other excersizes I have found a little weird. There is a forearm free weight contraption at my high school's gym, on which you place weight near the end, and pull it towards you using your grip/forearm strength. One of the football players, a friend of mine, was doing two 45lb plates(90lbs), and was sweating pretty hard. I started where he left off, and proceeded to add all the weight I could fit(in 100lb plates). I could only fit on six, and did 10 repetitions. Also, my biceps seem to be unnaturally strong, I can, using both arms, curl 220lbs. The odd thing is though, that on excersizes like the bench press, I am well below average, only benching about 225lbs(one repetition). And on the squat rack, I can withstand(lift the weight of the bars without squatting, holding it) 1365lbs, I don't know whether or not that is good or not. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been lifting and the other kids or lifters look at me like I'm some sort of freak, or how many times I've been asked if I'm on steroids. For clarification, I'm not on any sort of steroid, protein shake, or anything. My source of protein is skim milk. I have talked to so many people with so many far-fetched theory's you can't imagine. I've talked to eccentric evolutionists who say I'm the next step in evolution, because I have blonde hair and green/yellow eyes, which supposedly is of "Aryan blood". I have talked to Greek mythology eccentrics who say since I'm greek that I'm proof of their theory. Then I've talked to scientists here at school who say its all genetic code. Again, I can only fairly leave your conclusion respected by not stating my belief as fact. Also, I watched a good film based on this subject, by a director M. Night Shymalan, called, 'Unbreakable'. Thanks again for reading and considering my opinion as I contemplate yours.

Mark Hammond
::) These comments (in bold) are sketchy. I don't believe him at this point, because if he were concerned enough about others' opinions to make such posts in forums he would have recorded video a long time ago.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:42 PM »
i am just a tiny tit ;D

Don't be embarrassed stud.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »
Like the way he describes his height.

Im somewhere between 5'8" - 6'5" myself, havent checked lately... my penis might be 7-10 inches, not sure.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
I owe my strength to alien abductions. They inject me full of all kind of shit in their space ship.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »

Nice Avatar

As empty as paradise