Author Topic: Sad but True  (Read 1010 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Sad but True
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

A Japanese doctor said: Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it into another, and have him  looking for work in six weeks.

A German doctor said: that's nothing. We can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and
have him looking for work in four weeks.

A British doctor said: In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half of a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.

An American doctor from Texas , not to be outdone said: You guys are way behind.  We took a man with no brains at all out of Texas, put him in the White House and now half the country is looking for work.'

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Re: Sad but True
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »
Why do people think that the British Health System is great? It might be free but it is inefficient, and the care in many cases is awful.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:14:19 AM »
Why do people think that the British Health System is great? It might be free but it is inefficient, and the care in many cases is awful.

They think its great because they don't have to pay through the nose just to get mediocre medical care.  And i believe in Britain they can pay for private care.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
A Japanese doctor said: Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it into another, and have him  looking for work in six weeks.

A German doctor said: that's nothing. We can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and
have him looking for work in four weeks.

A British doctor said: In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half of a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.

An American doctor from Texas , not to be outdone said: You guys are way behind.  We took a man with no brains at all out of Texas, put him in the White House and now half the country is looking for work.'

HAHAH

Sad but True is right
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
They think its great because they don't have to pay through the nose just to get mediocre medical care.  And i believe in Britain they can pay for private care.

I think so too but I was reading that u can't in Canada...I'm sure Jag will weigh in but the horror stories from both are pretty damm scary.
L

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »

Yes, you can go "private" if you want, no idea of the cost though. 

Mons Venus

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

I receive socialized medicine and LOVE IT! :-*

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 04:26:53 PM »

its relative. When you say Awful, this is because there are waiting lists for elective surgery, less resources and facilities.

So compared to privately funded HealthCare (which is an option in the UK as well), it may appear awful.

BUT, if you are going to die, or if you are in a life threatening situation, you are treated, for free, and in a time frame that will save your life.

You have a  right to be treated..period.

So if you cant afford it- you will get treated eventually, and you wont be allowed to just die.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
Yes, you can go "private" if you want, no idea of the cost though. 

its under $100 per month for a family for the most comprehensive of care. However, the problem with private health schemes is that there are always loopholes.

better to just have the entire society getting the best treatments for free.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »

I think so too but I was reading that u can't in Canada...I'm sure Jag will weigh in but the horror stories from both are pretty damm scary.

You can have private care in Canada.

HH, don't believe everything you hear, ...it's usually wrong.  :P
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
the health care system in america is great...if you dont have to worry about money. id rather wait in line for 24 hours than pay 50,000 dollars even after 'insurance'.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »
24 hours..try days and months...Jag I have friends in Canada paying alomost 50% of their income so everybody can get a great big Canadian hug...fuck that.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Most anyone who has any finances will go see their own doc anyways.

Socialized heathcare is another welfare scheme for the lowlifes.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »
24 hours..try days and months...Jag I have friends in Canada paying alomost 50% of their income so everybody can get a great big Canadian hug...fuck that.

You're a big, fat idiot.
G

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »

lol maybe their stated income after write offs/expenses?  Or a flat 50?