Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 756703 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
More On Hogan & WrestleMania 25, Rosa Mendes, Christian Ring Tone
By Daniel Pena
Feb 18, 2009 - 3:17:50 PM

-- During today's Bubba the Love Sponge radio show, a caller asked Bubba if Hulk Hogan would be appearing at WrestleMania 25 since a number of WrestleMania moment clips on WWE television seem to feature him. Bubba said he knew why WWE was running the clips, but could not comment at this time, reports ProWrestling.NET.

As many of you know, Bubba is one of Hogan's best friends. Seeing how he didn't deny anything, his silence on the matter should spark even more speculation on "The Hulkster" appearing at WrestleMania 25.

-- WWE.com has added a profile on Rosa Mendes to the Raw section. She has also been added to the Diva section.

-- WWE.com has added Christian's entrance theme "Just Close Your Eyes" to their mobile ringtone service. Click here for more infomation.

Rourke Says He'll Be At WM25, JBL's Wife Starting Her Own Firm
By Michael Bluth
Feb 18, 2009 - 3:45:40 PM

-- New York Magazine caught up with Mickey Rourke last night at a fashion show in New York City and asked him about his involvement at WrestleMania. "We're gonna go in support. Vince McMahon, Roddy Piper, and Ric Flair have been such a part of the movie," Rourke said. "So whatever support I can give back to all those people from WWE, I'm gonna do that." When the reporter asked Rourke why he backed out of his rumored match with Chris Jericho, NYMag.com writes that Rourke's publicist jumped in and said, "We don't need to talk about that."

-- CNBC.com has a breaking news alert that financial guru Meredith Whitney, the wife of WWE superstar John Bradshaw Layfield, is leaving Oppenheimer Funds to start her own firm. The story is developing and there should be more details shortly.

-- The Chicago Sun Times has an article up about WWE developmental star Dvaid Otunga, the reality TV star and fiance of Oscar winner and American Idol winner Jennifer Hudson. SunTimes.com writes about Otunga being the second Harvard graduate to move on to World Wrestling Entertainment. Otunga was fascinated by Hulk Hogan growing up and wanted to be a wrestler from a young age. His parents told him to be a doctor or a lawyer, which lead him to Harvard Law School. "After Harvard, I knew I could go wherever I want, do whatever I want to do." Otunga is currently training at Florida Championship Wrestling, where he wrestles as Dawson Alexander, Esquire.

WWE Confirms Another HOF Inductee, LOW Update, Raw In Buffalo
By Daniel Pena
Feb 18, 2009 - 3:01:40 PM

-- WWE has confirmed the induction of "Cowboy" Bill Watts into the WWE Hall of Fame. In the latest edition of Legends of Wrestling on WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand, Watts, who appears on the program, is listed as a 2009 WWE Hall of Fame inductee. So, WWE ended up spoiling the news before it was announced on Raw or Smackdown.

-- The May 4, 2009 edition of Raw is set to take place at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York. Tickets go on sale on Saturday, March 7 at 9:00 a.m. at the arena box office, Tops Supermarkets and www.tickets.com.

-- WWE.com has posted models of the final batch of characters to be revealed for the upcoming "Legends of WrestleMania" video game. Images of Arn Anderson, Big Boss Man, Koko B. Ware, Michael Hayes, Mr. Perfect, Paul Bearer, Ric Flair, Ultimate Warrior, and Undertaker have been disclosed. You can see the images at the following link.

If you're wondering how the images previously leaked online last week (and when specific characters were going to be introduced by IGN.com), it was as a result of one ardent person who managed to crack WWE.com's code.

After WWE.com released images of the first batch of Legends, through tons of trial and error, one person meticulously discovered the other images by constantly changing the wrestler name and photo set number in the URL (for example -"/legendswrestlemania/photos/rosterpt3/mr.-fuji.jpg" to "/legendswrestlemania/photos/rosterpt4/ric-flair.jpg"). Although, a list correctly revealing all 40+ characters leaked online about four weeks ago, so he was able to use the information from the list when changing the character names. The URL's to the images were then posted online, which WWE.com soon found out about and quickly deleted.

Legend Speaks Out On HOF Induction; Chris Benoit, Theodore Long
By Daniel Pena
Feb 18, 2009 - 1:23:45 PM

-- As announced on Monday's Raw, Terry and Dory Funk, Jr. will be inducted into the 2009 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Houston, Texas. Dory Funk, Jr. offered comment on the honor to the Ocala Star-Banner "I feel so privileged," Funk said. "This is one of the highlights of my life." The brothers will be inducted by Dusty Rhodes, who helps run things in WWE's developmental promotion in Tampa, Florida. Dory Funk, Jr. runs a wrestling training school out of Ocala, and has helped trained the likes of Kurt Angle, Amy "Lita" Dumas & "up and comer" Adam Windsor. {Ocala's Dory Funk Jr. named to WWE Hall of Fame}

-- WWE continues to celebrate Black History Month with a look at the career of ECW General Manager Theodore Long. Long is also featured on the latest episode of "Legends of Wrestling" on WWE 24/7 Classics on Demand.

-- WCW SuperBrawl III won the "Pick Your Big One" poll on WWE 24/7 Classics on Demand. Therefore, the event is scheduled to air later in the month. When WWE.com put up the match listing for the show, Chris Benoit's encounter with Too Cold Scorpio was interestingly listed. Although, WWE 24/7 still cuts out matches featuring Benoit, so it was probably a mistake on the website's part. WWE 24/7 has aired the pay-per-view before as it was available on the video on demand service a week or two before his double murder and suicide (and still available for a few days following the incident). Also, this month's poll features WrestleMania IV, WrestleMania X, and WrestleMania XII. On WWE.com, Hulk Hogan's pictured for WrestleMania X even though he didn't appear at the event.

Lawler Reveals Vince's Reaction Jericho's "Incident" (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Feb 18, 2009 - 8:57:01 PM

Source: TheSun.co.uk

The UK Sun has posted an interview with Jerry Lawler, which can read here in its entirety. Some highlights from this interview:

Working with Jim Ross again at the Royal Rumble: It was fun – JR and I have a great rapport and a great relationship. A lot of people say ‘I bet you really miss JR now he’s on Smackdown’, but the truth of the matter is we still get to see each other quite often. We also talk on the phone and we text. But by the same token, I tell everyone I really enjoy working with Michael Cole as well. Michael might be a little easier, maybe a little less demanding than JR. JR is so passionate, and such a huge fan which is a great. It’s what makes JR one of the best in the business. But because of that he’ll want us to go to production meetings and run through things. Whereas Michael and I like to show up and go in and get the thing done and head out as quickly as possible. And I know that may sound like we’re slackers, and taking the easy way out, but the truth of the matter is it works better for me in the way that I do my job. I don’t want to go to production meetings and I don’t want to be too prepared. I like to watch the matches like a fan. I like to be surprised by the things I see. I like to not know what’s going to happen next. I feel like my commentary is more honest that way – it’s more sincere in the way that I’m as surprised as the fans are!

Mick Foley's claims that Vince McMahon screams into the headsets of announcers during live shows: Let’s face it, Vince is the man who owns the company and he has definite ideas about how he wants things done. And if you do something that he doesn’t approve of, then he’s going to let you know it. I don’t know if I’m fortunate, or if Vince is just a big fan of my work, but he absolutely in the 15 years of me doing it has never ever yelled at me. Not even once. I was surprised when I heard that from Mick. But Vince has a direct line to every announcer. If we’re doing a broadcast and Vince wants to say something to me, Michael Cole doesn’t hear it, and the same goes with Michael Cole. So occasionally, after a show, Michael will say: “Oh man, Vince yelled at me when I screwed this up.” But if you’re out there doing a good job, and saying what you’re supposed to say, he’s not going to yell at you!

How He's Avoided Drug and Alcohol Abuse: I just didn’t do it! I’ve never had a taste of alcohol, never done any kind of drug and never smoked a cigarette. Some people will think that’s not true, but I’ve honestly never tasted one sip of beer, wine or whiskey. And I think that’s been a long part of my longevity in the business. I’m not saying it's given me a youthful appearance but it’s certainly helped me not look any older. And it’s not something that years ago I thought about, I simply just didn’t do it. There was a choice out there, and I always felt it was the wrong choice. That was the way I was raised. I was told those things were bad for me.

The Recent Chris Jericho "Incident": I have not seen it but I heard them talking about it last week at the show – Vince (McMahon) was kinda chuckling about it. Vince and I were talking and Jericho walked by and he said: “Watch out! Jericho will hit you! He’ll knock you right down!” Then he adds: “Especially if you’re a girl!” Everybody is having a joke about it and to me it’s not a big deal, because that used to be very prevalent in the past. We used to be able to get the fans so riled up that they literally wanted to physically attack you after the matches. That hasn’t happened in a long time, so it’s almost like hats off to Chris Jericho – for doing his job. He’s being the best bad guy that he can be. And it’s working as he’s making the people so mad at him that they want to get physical with him themselves.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

The Rock
Praises WWE, Shane Douglas Update, Lena Sees WWE Friends
By Daniel Pena
Feb 18, 2009 - 12:53:10 PM

-- Actor and former WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is featured in a cover story on the March issue of Giant Magazine. In the article, "Dwayne Johnson: Metamorphic," he discusses everything from growing up in a wrestling family to his now thriving movie career. In addition, he credits professional wrestling with providing him a unique lesson in the art of performing. He tells Giant Magazine, "Wrestling gave me the platform to entertain crowds of twenty, thirty, forty, fifty thousand people. The experience was invaluable. ..We played Madison Square Garden every month and a half, one little stage. That was my theater, and what a learning experience it was." The magazine, now available on newsstands, features nine full-page pictures of Johnson. In addition, Giant Magazine's website features an excerpt from the article along with an exclusive photo album. You can see it at the following link.

-- Shane Douglas, 44, is advertised to make his return to the ring for an NWA affiliate on March 13th at Abraham Clark High School in Roselle, New Jersey against Little Guido (former WWE star Nunzio).

-- Former ECW backstage announcer Lena Yada posted a blog on her MySpace account talking about seeing her former WWE co-workers at a recent show. She also says she spoke to former WWE Diva Victoria over the phone. The two were traveling partners during Yada's short stay in WWE.

"I just spoke with Victoria on the phone and I must say, I MISS HER!!!!! I feel very fortunate to have been able to work with her and more so, to still have her friendship. She is truly one of a kind," Yada wrote. "A couple of the boys were in town for the west coast house shows and tapings. It was super fun to see them and hang out again. Sorry everybody, no pics this time....my camera was broken :-( But I must say, and please repeat after me: Alcohol is not a food group....alcohol is not a food group...."

You can read her blog in its entirety at the following link.

New WM25 Sponsor, WWE's Oscar Party, WM25 Travel Package Contents
By Michael Bluth
Feb 18, 2009 - 12:48:26 PM

-- Online gaming company Ultimate Bet sent out a press release earlier today announcing a partnership with World Wrestling Entertainment to be one of the sponsors of WrestleMania 25. UltimateBet.com will be holding several poker tournaments with the grand prize winner receiving tickets to the show. An Ultimate Bet representative said, "We’re proud to partner with WWE on the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania and to offer one lucky player the ultimate entertainment experience to be part of all the drama and action of this pop culture extravaganza."

-- WWE fans who signed up for the WrestleMania 25 Travel Package received a package this week that included:

* One WM 25 ticket
* One Hall of Fame ticket
* One Saturday and one Sunday Axxess ticket
* One Mid-day Madness autograph session ticket
* One breakfast ticket
* One WM 25 full zip hooded sweatshirt
* One drawstring WM 25 bag

-- As we reported yesterday, WWE is hosting a red carpet Oscar party in Beverly Hills tonight. ProWrestling.net reports that the invitation says over a dozen WWE superstars will be in attendance and reads, "We know at least one film that's on everybody's minds, come check out the one party that will be on everyone's lips this week."

*RUMOR* Tentative Plans For The Top Matches At WrestleMania 25
By Daniel Pena
Feb 17, 2009 - 12:06:49 AM

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

DISCLAIMER: Take this report as a rumor for now as we'll likely update or correct the story as more information becomes available.

Details On WWE's "Superstars" Show
By Brad Ingles
Feb 17, 2009 - 12:17:45 PM

WWE's new show "Superstars" will air on WGN in April on Thursday night's. The show will be similar to Sunday Night Heat and feature mid-card talent from Raw, Smackdown and ECW. The show will be taped before Raw, and ECW will be taped with Smackdown on Tuesday nights.

Credit: PWTorch.com

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Ric Flair Signs With Ring Of Honor To Appear At Several Shows
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:21 AM »
Did you guys read a few months ago when Flair got into a tussle with his daughter's boyfriend in Chapel Hill?  The cops were called and Flair had a bloody nose, but refused to press charges.  His daughter was a bit unruly with the cops.

Flair is the greatest of all-time.  If he wants to do this, more power to him.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
Hogan Comments On WrestleMania Status, Says He Spoke To McMahon
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »
 By Daniel Pena
Feb 20, 2009 - 1:19:08 PM

Hulk Hogan appeared on good friend Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show this morning to discuss rumors of a possible appearance at WrestleMania 25, reports www.prowrestling.NET. Hogan said he spoke to Vince McMahon this past Sunday.

It would appear that the two discussed plans of an appearance at WrestleMania as Hogan said he was willing to donate his payoff for the event to the family of John Graziano. However, Hogan said they were unable to agree on a specific scenario for him at the event, but McMahon is open to doing something with him in the future.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
Update On Batista's Return, WWE's Least Used Superstars, Goldman
By Daniel Pena
Feb 20, 2009 - 4:07:13 PM

-- At last word, Batista is slated to return to the ring in early August from hamstring repair surgery, reports PWInsider.com.

-- Starting this April on WGN America, you can catch WWE Superstars, an all-new program featuring Superstars from all three brands in first-run matches. This show will more than likely be a platform for Superstars having trouble getting ring time on the televised Raw, SmackDown and ECW programs. Thus far in 2009, about two dozen WWE stars have had trouble getting ring time on either of the three main shows. Here is a list of the WWE wrestlers you can probably expect to regularly see on the program as they have all had two matches or less on television so far this year (through this week's SmackDown):

Raw
Candice Michelle - 1
Charlie Haas - 0
Dolph Ziggler - 0
Goldust - 1
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - 1
Jamie Noble - 2
Manu - 0
Mickie James - 1
Sim Snuka - 1

SmackDown
Brie Bella - 2 (regularly used in angle with Colons)
Curt Hawkins - 2
Festus - 2
Hurricane Helms - 1
Jesse - 2
Jimmy Wang Yang - 1
Kizarny - 2
Kung Fu Naki - 2
Maria - 2 (regularly used in angle with Michelle McCool)
Nikki Bella - 2 (regularly used in angle with Colons)
Scotty Goldman - 2
Zack Ryder - 2

ECW
Alicia Fox - 2
DJ Gabriel - 1
Katie Lea Burchill - 2 (accompanying ECW regular Paul Burchill)
Natalya - 1 (accompanying newcomer Tyson Kidd)
Ricky Ortiz - 2

This list is also a good indication of which wrestlers WWE doesn't really have any plans for at the moment.

Note: This list doesn't include injured stars Batista & Maryse, newcomers Christian & Tyson Kidd, developmental wrestlers DH Smith & Ryan Braddock, and Eve Torres - who started wrestling on television two weeks ago.

-- SmackDown Superstar Scotty Goldman's web show on WWE.com, What's Crackin' with Scotty Goldman, has been renamed Good as Goldman. Click here to watch the latest episode. On tonight's edition of SmackDown, Goldman will be competing in his first televised singles match in just over five months when he squares off against Umaga. Goldman actually made his return to television two weeks ago in an Elimination Chamber qualifying battle royal. He was the first wrestler to be eliminated.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »

Posted in: NEWS
The Rock
Appearing On Disney Show, Updates On Flair, Thorn, More
By Daniel Pena
Feb 20, 2009 - 3:24:11 PM

-- As part of Disney's promotion for their upcoming film Race to Witch Mountain, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will be appearing on the Sunday, March 1st episode of the Disney Channel series The Wizards of Waverly Place playing himself. The former WWE wrestler will be doing a ton of promotional work in support of his upcoming film in the next few weeks. Johnson has appeared on two other Disney Channel series in the past in Hannah Montana and Cory in the House.

-- Former WWE worker Kevin Thorn will be making an appearance at The Fan Shop in St. Louis, Missouri on Saturday from 3 PM to 6 PM. The shop is located at 1393 Covington Manor Drive. For more information you can check out Kevin Thorn's official website at. www.Seven-Thorn.com.

-- Trading card company Donruss is marketing Ric Flair's first match-worn memorabilia card. For a sneak preview of the card, click here. According to the article, Flair has only appeared in one other memorabilia trading card, which was featured in the 2002 Fleer Raw vs. Smackdown set.

-- The Highlanders & Brutus Beefcake will be appearing at the TWA event in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada on April 26th, 2009. Go to http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=35593793135 for info about the TWA & http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2009, 06:13:48 AM »
Hulk Hogan Claims He Was Offered Lead Role In "The Wrestler"
By Daniel Pena
Feb 22, 2009 - 5:48:08 PM

source: www.pwtorch.com

-- In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Hulk Hogan reveals that he was asked to play the lead character in The Wrestler. Hogan claims he was sent the script and considered for the part of Randy "The Ram" Robinson. He read it a few times when it crossed his agent's desk, but passed on the movie. Nonetheless, Hogan believes Mickey Rourke did a great job in the film.

"The movie got made and they cast Mickey Rourke," Hogan said. "I thought he did a great job."

While Hogan was complimentary of Rourke, he wishes Rourke could have had 30 years of wrestling experience to tell a more accurate story.

"I don't think the public could have handled it, though," Hogan told the Los Angeles Times. "Just made me realize after seeing the movie with Mickey Rourke that if someone does the real Hulk Hogan movie, you better hang on for the ride, brother."

In his eyes, Hogan believes the whole movie is shock value. He fears the public perception of professional wrestling will be tainted by the film's view of the business.

"Made me realize how shock value - that just the drop of reality - can have an effect on the public," Hogan said. "It was wrestling light. Very light version of wrestling."

When talking about blading, Hogan said there are wrestlers who blade 25 to 30 times per week. He also said he has friends who do staple gun matches similar to the one in The Wrestler 300 nights per year.

When asked if Rourke should accept WWE's offer to make an appearance at WrestleMania and cross-promote the movie, Hogan said the actor should be careful based on his own experience.

"You don't want to jade your performance or have the Hollywood community look at you like, 'you sold out,'" Hogan said.

Hogan also said he talked to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson about distancing himself from professional wrestling if wanted to be a successful actor. Hogan said he was held back in Hollywood, doing B-movies because he kept going back to wrestling. As a result, the Hollywood community didn't accept him.

To listen to audio excerpts from the interview, click here.

-- Recently released WWE Superstar Scotty Goldman is already back in the ring as he competed at last night's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in California, losing a three-way match against Human Tornado and PWG Champion Chris Hero. Additionally, Paul London made his first wrestling-related appearance since his departure from WWE at last night's PWG show as well. London cut a promo saying said he would be working his "first wrestling match in five years" by wrestling in a six-man tag in the event's main event. Paul London and Young Buck (PWG Tag Team Champions Nick & Matt Jackson) beat "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson and Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scott Lost) when London nailed a Shooting Star Press on Lost for the win.

-- Courtesy of Hollywood Entertainment: Hollymood Entertainment has posted more exclusive pro wrestling content to the company Youtube channel and more footage is being uploaded daily. Subscribe to the Hollymood Entertainment Youtube channel if you want future notifications when the company uploads free backstage uncensored pro wrestling documentaries, individual shoot interviews with famous pro wrestlers, rare footage relating to pro wrestling and also a never before released pro wrestling documentary that Michael Moody has been producing and directing for the past 3 years that will be released soon for free.

Watch New Jack: Hardcore the Documentary and 101 Reasons Not To Be A Pro Wrestler for free right now at www.Youtube.com/slowdive626.

Also, this weekend on, Sunday, February 22 2009, a very hard to find and rare pro wrestling backstage shoot interview documentary that Michael Moody directed 7 years ago and owns the copyright of will be uploaded to this channel so subscribe if you want immediate notification when the production is available for free viewing on Youtube. Again the Youtube channel for these free productions and DVDS is www.Youtube.com/slowdive626.

Enjoy the free DVDs & Documentaries,
Michael Moody
www.HollymoodEntertainme nt.com

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2009, 08:36:10 AM »
He would have been horrible

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2009, 08:20:30 AM »
A press conference will be held tomorrow afternoon at 12:30 PM Pacific to officially reveal that, as expected, Wrestlemania 26 will be held at The University of Phoenix Stadium, which can hold upwards of 70,000.

Representatives of WWE, The Arizona Cardinals, Global Spectrum and Glendale, AZ Mayor Elaine Scruggs will be present at the announcement.

Arizona had been expected for well over a year as the city was actively campaigning for the event in mid 2008.

By. Mike Johnson

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
World Wrestling Entertainment announced that Manu (Afa Anoa'i, Jr.), son of Afa the Wild Samoan, has been released from the company.

Manu was signed to a developmental deal in late 2006. He was brought up to the Raw brand last year to second Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes as part of a second generation unit.

There had been some unhappiness about his work and look in comparison to other members of Legacy, which led to his removal from group.

Manu hadn't been seen in several weeks after being broken off from the Legacy storyline with the last tease sort of being that he and Sim Snuka would have some sort of partnership.

Georgia Makropoulos sent word Afa Jr. is already accepting bookings via sstorm316@aol.com.

source pwinsider.com

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
WWE PPV Buy Numbers Down From 2007, Tazz & Styles Talk Funk, More
By Daniel Pena
Feb 25, 2009 - 11:17:39 AM

-- Yesterday, WWE reported the buy numbers for the final four pay-per-view events of the year in their fourth quarter report for 2008. Numbers were down across the board compared to the previous year. Here are the figures:

- WWE No Mercy: 261,000 buys (down from 271,000)

- WWE Cyber Sunday: 153,000 buys (down from 194,000)

- WWE Survivor Series: 319,000 buys (down from 341,000)

- WWE Armageddon: 193,000 buys (down from 237,000)

-- Tazz and Joey Styles have posted blogs on the WWE Universe site about Terry Funk going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

-- WWE returns to the Casino Ballroom in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire on July 31sr, 2009. Tickets go on sale February 27th, 2009 at 10 AM. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »
 Posted in: WWE
Backstage
News On Freddie Prinze's Departure, A Night of Extreme
By Daniel Pena
Feb 25, 2009 - 9:21:47 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- As reported earlier, Freddie Prinze, Jr., star of such hits as To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, left his post as a member of World Wrestling Entertainment's creative team this past week. He had been working underneath the tenured wing of SmackDown head writer Michael Hayes. It's interesting to note that Prinze, Jr. actually tried quitting the company a few months ago, but was talked into staying part-time. He was in the loop on everything up until last week's shows.

A few months ago, Stephanie McMahon had approached the She's All That star about adding to his creative team duties and heading up a few new projects she had in mind. The buxom brunette even offered him a promotion and more money, but he politely declined, saying he was actually a few days away from handing in his notice to the company. Stephanie was caught off guard by his response, but talked him into staying part-time for a short period of time.

Prinze, Jr. was included on all script drafts sent via e-mail, although he had not traveled with the creative team in many weeks. If the Scooby-Doo star gave feedback to the e-mailed scripts, nobody was aware of it.

Prinze, Jr. helped WWE out with their apparent "Oscar" party last week, which was attended by a number of WWE stars as well as a slew of big Hollywood names including Gonzalo Menendez, Vicki Roberts, Corinne Kaplan, and Ferdinand Bare.

The feeling is that both sides hope to maintain some sort of a relationship, but he's definitely out of creative.

-- The formerly titled One Night Stand pay-per-view scheduled for Sunday, June 7, 2009 will now be titled "Night of Extreme." The June pay-per-view was re-named "Extreme Rules" a few weeks back. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

-- WWE Diva Rosa Mendes now has an account on the WWE Universe website. The 2006 Diva Search contestant can be reached at fans.wwe.com/rosamendes. The profile features a funny in-character note from Mendes reading: "BETH PHOENIX'S NO. 1 FAN IS ON WWE UNIVERSE! ALL HAIL THE GLAMAZON!"

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »
INSANE TWIST TO THE HOGAN-GRAZIANO SITUATION FOLLOWING MURDER PLOT ARREST
by Mike Johnson @ 3:28 PM on 2/26/2009

Several Florida media outlers reported today that John Graziano Sr., the father of John Graziano Jr., the young man terribly injured in Nick Hogan's August 2007 car wreck, was arrested for attempting to hire a hitman to kill his  wife, Debra. Graziano allegedly paid for the hit with $1,100 cash, a $1,000 personal check and a $13.06 gift card to Westshore Pizza, but he was actually dealing with an undercover police officer the entire time. 
Graziano had been investigated for several months after authorities received a tip in December about the plot. Upon proof of the plot's legitimacy, they contacted Debra Graziano and made her aware of the situation.

John Sr. had requested she be killed in a car wreck (which is unbelievably callous, when you think of all that family has been through) during a time period where he would have had an alibi.

Authorities believe that Graziano was hoping that Debra's death would provide him an escape from financial issues stemming from their divorce. He was arrested at 11 AM this morning and arraigned this afternoon.

The Hogan family had long intimated there was an issue between Graziano Sr. and Jr. and that was a major reason why John had spent so much time with the family prior to his tour of duty in the Middle East.

At the time of the car wreck, Hulk Hogan began paying for a residence for Debra as the couple were estranged and she had nowhere to turn.

The Graziano family had shown a united front during Nick Hogan's sentencing as part of a plea deal, but this sad and strange turn of events certainly brings credence to the Hogan family's claims that there was more going on within the family than was obvious on the outside.

A lawsuit filed by the Graziano family in the wake of the car wreck against the Hogans is still ongoing. The Hogan family has not commented on the situation as of this writing.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »
KARMA DOES EXIST YA KNOW,AND IT COMES OUT OF NO WHERE AND SOMEWHERE.NICK HOGAN WAS NO INNOCENT PERSON,AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT KID WILL TEAR ANYONE APART,BUT EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE HAS SKELETONS AND PROBLEMS IN THERE LIVES.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
Ed Graziano Wanted Linda Hogan Killed? Iron Sheik Goes Mobile
By Michael Bluth
Feb 27, 2009 - 1:56:34 PM

-- If you've got an iPhone, get ready to be humbled - Iron Sheik style. According to CNN.com, the WWE Hall of Famer has signed a three year licensing agreement with the Bomani Corporation, which develops mobile phone applications for the Apple phone. The article notes that he's gained a good deal of attention in recent years for his "colorful" appearances on the Howard Stern show as well as on YouTube. Bonami plans to use Sheik for a number of different applications, "capturing his unique personality, opinions, and worldwide fame."

-- Yesterday, we reported the disturbing story that Edward Graziano, the father of Nick Hogan crash victim John Graziano, had been arrested for soliciting an undercover police officer (posing as a hit man) to kill his wife in an automobile accident. The publicist of Linda "Hogan" Bollea, estranged wife of Hulk Hogan, has contacted TampaBays10.com and claims "people around the case" have told Linda that Graziano also made threats aimed at her. After hearing about the possible threats Bollea's publicist described Linda as "scared to death." In a statement issued by Linda on Thursday night, she said, "Any threat from Ed Graziano would and is being taken very seriously."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:38 AM »
Bret Hart On A WWE Return, Forgiving HBK, Vince (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Mar 2, 2009 - 10:33:02 AM

Elevation Radio Program with Bret Hart
Available on BlogTalkRadio.com.

Bret Hart, the legendary wrestler and author of the fantastic book Hitman joined John Kline for a 25-minute interview on Elevation Radio Friday night. Joining Kline live from the island paradise of Hawaii with birds chirping in the background and sunshine raining down, Bret spoke about many topics including the process he used to recall information for his book, his experiences as a young wrestler in hostile Puerto Rico, his fantastic in-ring chemistry with the likes of Curt Hennig, the Undertaker and Steve Austin, his current relationship with Vince McMahon, his thoughts on today’s WWE product, and whether he would ever be willing to talk to Shawn Michaels again.

Bret spoke about how the reason his book is more accurate than most other wrestlers’ accounts is because throughout his career he recorded a collection of audio tapes in order to document what exactly happened during his career and to keep all of facts straight. He cites Tom Billington’s book as an example of an account with glowing inaccuracies:

“Some of these wrestlers books, you read these stories and I can assure you they’re really wrong……I can cite way too many examples in Dynamite Kid’s book for example where you go ‘that’s not even close to what really happened like the real stories and stuff, he was just so muddled at the end that he just had stories mixed together…..but in my case I can say when you’re reading a lot of the little stories in there and a lot of the little incidents that happened when I tell you who was in the room, that’s exactly who was in the room, because that’s exactly what I would have told myself, like that’s the reason I made the tapes, to be really accurate.”

Bret discussed his time in the original Hart Foundation and how being paired with Jim Neidhart helped save his career and helped the Hitman launch into super stardom: “I don’t think I would have made it, if it hadn’t been for Jim Neidhart. I think I would have never gotten a chance…..to show what my talents were. Being tagged up with Jim allowed me to almost sort of hide behind him and get my foot in the door and work with a lot of big guys who weren’t always so cooperative to work with,……in many ways the tag of me and Jim being mixed together was perfect. And it gave me a chance to grow and get my confidence.”

Bret discussed his current relationship and whether he has any sort of communication with Vince McMahon today: “Generally we’re not in contact with one another, but if either one of us is trying to get ahold of each other we can do it easy enough. The last time I spoke to Vince we were more than cordial. He was really quite grateful that I spoke up a little bit about Chris Benoit and what happened there. …..I don’t know for sure how he liked my book or not……………I wasn’t especially worried about how it affected Vince or offended Shawn (HBK) or offended (Hulk) Hogan. All these people said enough about me and it was time to tell how it was from my perspective. I think Vince is OK with me, but who knows?”

Bret on whether he has any future plans on appearing on WWE television: “I try to cooperate with them when I can, I think its good to be on better terms with them (WWE), but I have no plans at all to appear on any TV show or pay per view for them, ever. I don’t ever want to be in a position where I have to work and actually expect to make a check from them or contract. I’ve already made a contract with them that they broke, and I don’t think you can really do business with them after that………I don’t want to be a character in wrestling at all. I don’t want to do that again anymore.“

Hart on whether he watches the current wrestling TV Product: “I do try and watch it. I think Randy Orton is pretty good. The little thing they’re doing with Shane and Stephanie and everything, I’m kind of liking it so far. It seems interesting enough………Theres a few guys out there that are wrestling pretty good. I think they can do a better job with their storylines, but they seem to be getting a little better lately then they were a few months back.”

Bret on his backstage meeting with Shawn Michaels following the incident in Montreal: ”I walked up to him (HBK) thinking there were two choices. Kick him in the face while he as bent over and knock him out cold, because I had broke my hand, but that wasn’t the right thing to do, because you have to know. You have to be 100 percent sure. Because sometimes when you do something like that you have to know for sure. I really knew there was a 99 percent chance, but maybe there was some chance he had nothing to with all that. He threw the belt down and said he wasn’t going to go out on TV the next day…..I offered my arm, stuck my hand out and he started crying. He (HBK) felt like such a coward, and he doesn’t write about that in his book, but you can ask Undertaker about any of that.”

On the possibility of ever meeting and clearing the air with Shawn Michaels, if HBK ever approached him about a meeting: “….I’m at that stage in my life where I’d probably hear him out maybe, I don’t know. Sometimes you’re better off, you don’t want to be carrying around a lot anguish, you know, bitterness or anything. Sometimes you’re better off letting it go, I don’t know what it would take to do that…….I just kind of prefer to stay away from it.”

Other topics we covered include: Ultimate Warrior, his willingness to help his younger relatives and friends like TJ Wilson (a/k/a Tyson Kidd) or Harry Smith, the Calgary Hitmen, Bruce Springsteen, Hart’s acting career, and the possibility of trying to get “Hitman” made into a movie or a TV Series and his recovery from the stroke.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
cool I would like to here that

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »
LET IT GO BRET.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »
Hogan Teases WrestleMania Return, Booker T/WWE Update, RAW
By Scott Anspach
Mar 2, 2009 - 5:20:38 PM

credit: WrestlingObserver.com

-- Hulk Hogan announced on his Twitter page that he called Vince McMahon recently, and McMahon is open to Hulk coming back. In actuality, Vince is the one who contacted Hogan and asked him to come back. He also teased being at WrestleMania, saying "There seems to be a lot of buzz about my involvement with WrestleMania 25; I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Stay tuned Maniacs."

-- The weather is real bad in Boston today, but it likely won’t be affecting RAW tonight. Most of the WWE crew was already in the Northeast area for house shows, and WWE always asks talent to be at the arena in the afternoon anyway in case of flight delays due to weather.

-- To update on our previous story about WWE taking talent from Booker T’s WrestleMania weekend fanfest in Houston, it turns out that Booker’s convention is for charity and the proceeds will be going to an organization called the Fight for Kids Foundation.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2009, 10:47:04 AM »
WWE Contacts Surprising Name For WM XXV, More On Recent Release
By Daniel Pena
Mar 9, 2009 - 1:00:37 PM

source: PWInsider.com

-- Within the last few days, WWE has contacted a number of past female performers about appearing in the 25-Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV in Houston. One interesting name contacted for the event comes in the form of former WWF Women's Champion Wendi Richter, who hasn't appeared in the company since being "screwjobbed" out of the title at the hands of The Fabulous Moolah in 1985.

Moments into the match, Moolah, as the masked wrestler "The Spider Lady," broke from the pre-scripted events and pinned Richter's shoulders to the mat. The referee — who was in on the plan — delivered a swift three count, despite Richter kicking out after a count of one.

-- As reported earlier, WWE recently released Afa Anoa'i, Sr. in a cost-cutting move. The WWE Hall of Famer had been working in some sort of consultant's position where he'd suggest talent to the company. WWE's Senior Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis is still scheduled to attend a training camp at the Wild Samoan Wrestling School in Leesburg, Florida, so his association with the company will remain.

-- WWE will be returning to the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a SmackDown/ECW taping on June 23, 2009. Tickets go on sale on Friday, April 17th at 10:00 a.m.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2009, 11:14:22 AM »
Hey Wolf nice to have you back

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2009, 11:26:57 AM »
Hey Wolf nice to have you back

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KARL, I FEEL A LOT BETTER NOW... BTW RON HAS A GOOD PICTURE OF MR.G HHH AND ME I HOPE HE WILL POST SOON FROM THE 2009 ARNOLD AFTER PARTY...

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
Bret Hart Talks About Early 90's WWF & More (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Mar 10, 2009 - 1:04:08 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently sat down with ESPN.com to discuss WWE's new "Legends of WrestleMania" video game. During the interview, the Hitman discusses a number of topics, including the rocky atmosphere in the WWE during early 1990's, his favorite WrestleMania match, his beef with Shawn Michaels and more. It's a long interview that's worth reading (link).

Bret said things changed drastically in WWE when WWE started drug testing in 1992 and made the transition from muscle heads (Hogan, Warrior, Legion of Doom) to the workers (Bret, Shawn Michaels, Marty Janetty). When asked whether he was upset that Hulk Hogan never gave him a match at WrestleMania, he replied:

Bret Hart: I just thought that somebody preempted my run. For somebody like Hulk Hogan, when he was on his run, nobody preempted it. Everyone was happy to make him. But when I needed some of the bigger guys to make me, especially some of the bigger names like Jake Roberts or Ultimate Warrior or Hogan, when it came to passing the torch down and doing me a favor&I had always been loyal, working my ass off on their undercards and I was always respectful of those guys and paid my dues, but I always felt short changed by some of those guys who didn't do anything to help me. And that was a critical time in the business. The wrestling business back then was kind of like the stock market right now. There were some tough times business-wise, and everyone was fearful of the future, especially after they implemented the drug testing. But they handed me the ball, and back then I was only six feet tall, I wasn't a giant, I didn't have 24-inch arms, and I wasn't a good interview. Then all of a sudden I found myself carrying the torch at a tough time and trying my hardest.

Hart continued, "If you look at wrestling when I started to get my big break back in 1992, I changed wrestling from the cartoons of Hulk Hogan and Iron Sheik and the matches with the leg drop and the hand behind the ear and the playing to the crowd. They were just cartoon characters if you ask me. Hogan had the same match every night for years and so did Warrior. They didn't tell great stories, to be honest. I went out there and had those matches with Piper and Perfect and the match with Davey at Wembley. I went out there and tried to have great matches all the time, and it wasn't about Bret Hart, it was about these matches. I think I changed the style of wrestling, and even today, there's not another Hulk Hogan out there, it's guys like Edge, and it's all about work rate. When you see Bret Hart versus Steve Austin, it just seemed so much more real than Hulk Hogan versus Sgt. Slaughter. All of the storylines started to be more realistic and the belt started to mean more. I made the belt seem like the world to me and to my fans. I kind of pat myself on the back today and think that I did more good for professional wrestling than people realize."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
Orton's "Wife" Appears On Raw, Stephanie Feeding False Info, More
By Daniel Pena
Mar 10, 2009 - 12:50:30 AM

-- As seen on tonight's edition of Raw, Randy Orton was shown watching the program from his St. Louis estate alongside his wife Samantha. Quite like the hit and run incident on SmackDown a few weeks ago in which Jeff Hardy was accompanied by an actress portraying his girlfriend, Orton's significant other in the segments was an actress as well. While the woman portraying Orton's wife on the show looks strikingly similar to his real-life wife, it was not her.

-- As noted earlier, Vince McMahon recently issued a company-wide directive to prevent storyline plans from getting out on the Internet. They are going as far to plant red herrings in order to keep their creative plans a mystery to the Internet wrestling fans, not to mention discover the individuals within the company leaking confidential information to the people behind the wrestling news websites. In an update on the situation, Stephanie McMahon has been feeding false information to members of the creative team she suspects may be leaking stories, reports The Sun. Also, the writers are using company laptops with special software that tracks their e-mails and which websites they view.

-- For those interested, Joey Styles has posted a blog on the topic of separation of church and state. "I know this is is not WWE related but as I don't participate on MySpace and Facebook, I consider this my online outlet to discuss anything I want including religion," Styles wrote. "This Sunday, while at church I was shocked upon being told that the State of Connecticut is trying to oversee the finances of Catholic Church. Personally, I don't want religion overseeing our state or federal government and vice versa." Click here to read his blog.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
 ::) Good lord, i've never seen anyone that was a mark for themselves more than Bret Hart. He was a great worker, but he believes his own hype. Say what you want about Hogan, i'm not his biggest fan but he told a story in the ring. His problem is he's stuck in 1990 and can't or won't acknowledge that the business has changed.