Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758279 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
Ex-WCW Star Says He'd Work For WWE For Free, Diva Training In BJJ
By Daniel Pena
May 29, 2009 - 2:25:17 PM

-- In an interview with the New York Daily News, former WCW wrestler Marcus "Buff" Bagwell said he would work for World Wrestling Entertainment for free.

Bagwell said, "I'd love to join them so much I'd work for free!"

Regarding recent rumors of the five-time tag team champion heading to TNA Wrestling, Bagwell adamantly denied them.

"I don't know who started them, but (the rumors) are totally false. I have not been contacted by TNA," Bagwell said. "If they did call, I'd answer and listen."

Follow Kennedy On Facebook & Twitter, HHH & McCool Visit Japan
By Daniel Pena
May 31, 2009 - 12:40:41 PM

-- Wrestling fans can keep up with former WWE Superstar Mr. Kennedy on Facebook at the following link. You can also follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/secondpower. Both accounts were confirmed by his official website. It was also noted that he does not have a page on MySpace.

-- Triple H and Michelle McCool are currently doing promotional work on behalf of World Wrestling Entertainment for their upcoming tour of Japan in early July. Additionally, both WWE Superstars presented awards during the MTV Japan Music Video Awards yesterday in Saitama. Click here to see a video interview DJ Kaori conducted with "The Game" and the former WWE Divas Champion.

-- John Cena will be throwing out the first pitch at Wrigley Field on Saturday, June 20th prior to the Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians baseball game.

Flair Says He's Done Wrestling In U.S., But Will Wrestle Overseas
By Daniel Pena
May 31, 2009 - 12:16:26 PM

In an interview with Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post and Courier, Ric Flair said he has no plans to diminish his sendoff at WrestleMania 24.

"Don't worry about that ... I'm never going to wrestle again here. It's not going to happen," Flair said. However, he does have plans to wrestle overseas on a tour.

"I don't think anyone could begrudge me for throwing my gear on (overseas)," said Flair.

Flair also commented on WWE officials pulling him from Friday's Ring of Honor television taping.

"I just can't work for two people," Flair said. "It doesn't make sense... It would be hypocritical if I tried to do both. I just told the truth. You can't go wrong telling the truth. My loyalty is with WWE, and that's where I'm at."

To read the article in its entirety, click here.

Posted in: WWE
JR Comments On Kennedy's Release, Torrie Wilson, John Tolos, More
By Daniel pena
May 31, 2009 - 11:18:35 AM

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry on his official website, www.jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights of his latest blog:

Mr. Kennedy's release: "Sorry to year that 33 year old Mr. Kennedy was released at the end of the week by WWE. Kennedy got the old "future endeavored" send off that has happened to many. If Kennedy can remain healthy, one would like to think that he his string of injuries is behind him, and can continue with his career in the relatively near future many feel Kennedy has the skills to be a main eventer on a consistent basis. Kennedy is a studious guy and likely won't find it difficult to secure work. Sometimes a fresh start is good for a wrestler and I hope that's the case for Kennedy or what ever his next wrestling name will be."

The passing of John Tolos: "Our condolences to the family and friends of former wrestling great John Tolos who passed away at the age of 78 a day or so ago and who is considered one of the best hands on the mic ever and especially in his hey day. Tolos is famous for his run in Southern California and his 70's rivalry with WWE HOF'er Classy Freddie Blassie. Neither man was ever considered to be a fabulous in ring performer but all they did was sell tickets because what they did they did well and both could verbalize and paint vivid word pictures that enhanced the all important emotional investment from the paying customers and sold tickets. Wrestlers who can verbalize and especially those that can ad lib and be spontaneous on the mic greatly enhance their opportunities to become stars. That art form seems to be fleeting which is not a good thing."

Receiving an e-mail from Torrie Wilson: "I got a nice email a few hours ago from Torrie Wilson who is competing on the new NBC reality show, "I'm a Celebrity...Get me Out of Here" that debuts on NBC on Monday June 1. I hope all wrestling fans will be watching and more importantly VOTING for Torrie to win it all. She is a marathon runner who is in great physical condition and is much more mentally tough then perhaps her reality show peers will give her credit. Torrie has a great mind set for this irreverent competition and without question she will be the hottest celeb in the rainy jungle of Costa Rica. Hey, Boise State, Torrie's favorite college team, upset might Oklahoma once upon a time so why can't some one from the wrestling world win a network reality show??"

Finlay's legitimate eye issue: "Finlay has a scratched cornea from what I understand but don't expect the tough, veteran from Belfast to miss much in ring time. WWE could use more experienced hands like Finlay to help teach the young guys right from wrong inside the ropes."

Ric Flair possibly working with Hulk Hogan Overseas: "Perhaps Hulk should try and be Ric Flair's opponent on some of the international destinations Ric has spoken about to various media outlets including China and South Africa. Or, better yet, what about a tag of Flair and Hogan vs. (fill in the blank)? Hey, it's just an idea and please don't tell me that it wouldn't garner big PR and sell tickets especially in international lands or even in the states for a special occasion."

Backstage Heat On Missing WWE Star, John Cena Garners Low Rating
By Daniel Pena
May 30, 2009 - 12:36:48 AM

sources: The Sun, PWInsider.com

-- In an update on the whereabouts of missing Raw Superstar Sim Snuka (Jimmy Reiher, Jr.), he is said to be in the doghouse for what has been described as a very serious reason. The second generation wrestler has not appeared on television in nearly five months.

-- In a minor update on independent women's wrestler Serena Deeb, she still has yet to sign a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. She was offered a deal after making a cameo appearance on last week's episode of ECW on Sci Fi.

-- Last night's episode of WWE Superstars on WGN America scored a 0.76 cable rating, resulting in the lowest rated episode of the series to date. This week's episode was hyped as John Cena's first appearance on WWE Superstars, as he took on Ted DiBiase.

Former World Wrestling Federation Manager Passes Away
By Daniel Pena
May 29, 2009 - 2:54:36 PM

source: www.f4wonline.com

John Tolos passed away last night in California at the age of 78. His death is believed to be as a result of kidney failure.

"The Golden Greek" and his brother Chris worked a number of territories as a tag team including the WWWF, NWA Detroit, Maple Leaf Wrestling, NWA Los Angeles, Stampede Wrestling and Championship Wrestling from Florida. They held several tag team championships throughout North America as heels.

Following his split from his brother, Tolos went on to become a top singles heel in Los Angeles and was considered one of the top talkers of the seventies.

Tolos may be best known for feuding with Fred Blassie in one of pro wrestling's all-time greatest feuds. He was chosen by Blassie to be his opponent in a match in 1971 at the Los Angeles Coliseum, which was one of the biggest events in wrestling of the time.

Tolos had a brief run in the World Wrestling Federation in 1991 as the manager of Intercontinental Champion "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, replacing Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Known as "The Coach," the character never really caught on, partially because Hennig took an extended leave of absence following SummerSlam after suffering a severe back injury. With Hennig indefinitely out of action, along with The Beverly Brothers changing their manager to "The Genius" Lanny Poffo, Tolos quietly disappeared from the World Wrestling Federation by the end of the year.

Tolos later worked for Herb Abrams' Universal Wrestling Federation as an announcer and heel manager for "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Cactus Jack and The Power Twins.

Tolos' career in wrestling spanned three decades and he worked regularly into his 50s. He was known for his tremendous conditioning as he continued distance running well into his 60s. However, a near fatal stroke slowed him down in recent years.

Click here to read an article on "The Golden Greek."

Nude Images Allegedly Of WWE Star Surface Online, Mickie, Tiffany
By Daniel Pena
May 29, 2009 - 11:28:26 AM

-- A celebrity gossip website that typically doesn't cover professional wrestling has posted some very explicit nude cell phone images allegedly of ECW color commentator Matt Striker. The images were allegedly taken by him and display full frontal nudity. They were apparently passed on to the celebrity gossip website by a former partner.

The person who leaked them claimed the following to the gossip website: "It says "GM presents Matt Striker" because these are his pictures and he doesn't want anyone else claiming them. Please don't ask me how he got them. He is not willing to share that information and they weren’t leaked online."

-- ECW's Interim General Manager Tiffany has been nominated for PETA's World's Sexiest Vegetarian 2009 contest. She is going up the likes of Hayden Panettiere, singer Kellie Pickler and Pamela Anderson, to name a few. (Vote Tiffany World’s Sexiest Vegetarian)

-- WWE.com has an article on Mickie James touring 9-year-old Sarah Lindauer's garden, WWE's latest "Community Champion." What was once was an abandoned field was cleaned up by Lindauer, and today, "olive trees and vegetables flourish." The greens grown will then be donated to local families and the senior center.

"I thought the whole project was beautiful," James said. "I loved how everything was organic and that they were trying to give back, not just to their community, but to those in need."

You can read the article at the following link.

WWE Universe Turns Its Back On McMahon, Dolph Ziggler Interview
By Daniel Pena
May 29, 2009 - 11:06:55 AM

source: PWInsider.com

-- Here are the quarter hour numbers for this past Monday's episode of Monday Night Raw. It's interesting to note that Raw lost 0.13 ratings points by the time Vince McMahon was through mocking Denver Nuggets owner E. Stan Kroenke. The rating would continue to free fall through the first hour, although viewership spiked come hour two.

* 9:00: 3.28 - Vince McMahon mocks Stan Kroenke, The Miz appears
* 9:15: 3.15 - Miz and John Cena, Maryse vs. Kelly Kelly
* 9:30: 2.99 - Backstage with "Jack Nicholson," star of United States Championship Shot Triple Threat
* 9:45: 2.90 - conclusion of United States shampionship shot, Ric Flair walks backstage
* 10:00: 3.26 - Flair vs. Randy Orton confrontation, Santino's ring entrance
* 10:15: 3.42 - Santino and Mickie James vs. Chavo Guerrero and Beth, start of Kendrick and Festus vs. Goldust and Hornswoggle
* 10:30: 3.29 - conclusion Kendrick and Festus vs. Goldust and Hornswoggle, ring announcement of "players" for main event
* 10:45: 3.31 - 5-on-5 main event
* Overrun: 3.81 - conclusion of 5-on-5 main event and aftermath

Overall, the show scored a 3.2 cable rating, with hours of 3.08 and 3.38.

-- The latest issue of WWE Magazine has an interview with rising SmackDown star Dolph Ziggler. He discusses handshakes. (60 Seconds with...Dolph Ziggler)

-- WWE has renamed their online video on-demand service once again. It will now simply be known as WWEClassics.com. (Welcome to WWECLASSICS.com)

NEWS > WWE >  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ric Flair Says He Will Probably Wrestle Again (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
May 28, 2009 - 7:17:57 PM

Source: NBCSports.MSNBC.com

"If Brett Favre can come back once in a while, I certainly can" - Ric Flair.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Ric Flair says the chances of him wrestling again are very likely. "I would like to, but I'm not going to do anything to rock the boat," Flair said. "I'm in the same kind of shape I was last year when I retired. It's hard to stay away from something you like so well, especially when you still feel like you can do it. If I did wrestle, it would be overseas, it wouldn't be here."

Flair currently serves as an "ambassador" for Ring of Honor and thinks the promotion's young talent has a lot to offer. "I do like working with the young guys and talking to them a lot," Flair said. "They've got some great kids. It's very professional. I wouldn't put my name somewhere I didn't think was professional."

Still, as much as Flair likes being around the action, he still has the urge to walk that aisle and wrestle again. "In my gut, I do," he said. "Do I think I will? Yes. I'm not going to take no easily. Like I've said, I haven't retired, they retired me."

NEWS > WWE >  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backstage Struggle Between McMahon & HHH, Scary SD Rating, More
By Daniel Pena
May 28, 2009 - 3:05:39 PM

sources: www.pwtorch.com, PWInsider.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- During his absence from television, Triple H has been helping out behind the scenes at weekly Raw tapings. However, one source said Triple H is not as passionate about the product when he's not involved, and the feeling of more than one person is that Raw has featured more comedy as of late because he and Shawn Michaels are not around to lobby against skits in production meetings. If you recall, it was reported a few months ago that Triple H and Michaels were being praised internally for speaking out against the campy comedy McMahon seems to enjoy.

-- Last week's episode of Friday Night SmackDown drew an anemic 1.6 broadcast rating, tying a series worst on myNetworkTV. The show even featured their top program in a one-on-one match as Jeff Hardy took on Edge in a Winner chooses the Stipulation for Extreme Rules Championship Match.

-- Considering Wrestlemania XXV performed so well on pay-per-view in Mexico, more cable systems in Mexico plan on offering more WWE pay-per-view events. For years, all WWE pay-per-view events had been airing on regular television in Mexico because people aren't culturally used to paying for wrestling on television.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »
Posted in: NEWS
Jim Ross Blogs About Kimbo Slice In UFC, RAW, Junkyard Dog
By Michael Bluth
Jun 2, 2009 - 3:37:18 PM

Jim Ross has posted another blog at JRsBarBQ.com, which can be read here in its entirety. Some highlights:

RAW Thoughts: "I liked the focus on Batista-Orton. This is RAW's obvious main event for Sunday's PPV and Orton was a "wanted man" as RAW left the air. Seems as if fans will want to see the Animal destroy Orton in New Orleans. Nice match between Kofi Kingston & MVP w/ Kofi taking another step up the ladder by winning the US Title. Kofi has "it" and has the tools to become a star. Really nice kid."

Junyard Dog "Today marks the 11th year anniversary of the car accident death of my friend the Junkyard Dog, Sylvester Ritter. Dog was never a great wrestler but had a magnificent presence, charisma, and was a superbly effective communicator. The WWE HOF'er became a star in Bill Watts' Mid South Wrestling under the learning tree of Watts and Ernie Ladd. No doubt that next week the JYD memories will be prevelent when WWE is in New Orleans & Lafayette. I sure miss my dominoe games with Dog and The Big Cat. I am honored. to have know both men and they both taught me so much about African American athletes. JYD died in a car accident on June 2, 1998. I can't tell you the hell Watts caught from many white, wrestling promoters because of the way Watts positioned JY and Ernie in the Cowboy's company. The Junkyard Dog will always be know as one of wrestling's greatest "attractions.""

Kimbo Slice in UFC: Kimbo Slice's new involvement in UFC is intriging. I don't see Slice making it as his ground game is non existant but perhaps the idea is for the slugger to learn that aspect of MMA. I don't like his chances but if I'm wrong it makes for a great story.

Where Kennedy Wants To Wrestle, Main Event For ECW, Lilian Garcia
By Daniel Pena
Jun 2, 2009 - 11:53:59 AM

-- Recently released WWE Superstar Mr. Kennedy has already made enquiries about wrestling in Japan, reports The Sun.

-- As announced last night during Raw, ECW Champion Christian will face Hart Dynasty member Tyson Kidd on tonight's episode of ECW on Sci Fi.

-- Lilian Garcia recently took part as a celebrity judge for the NFL's New York Jets Flight Crew cheerleading finals.

"I also was a cheerleader in school growing up in South Carolina, so I have some personal identification to it," Garcia told NewYorkJets.com. "It's going to be very exciting to see these girls and I know how I felt when I was trying out and wanted to be a part of a cheerleading squad so bad, so I know how these girls feel and it’s just going to be very exciting to see what they bring to the table."

Garcia, who has sung the National Anthem at a number of Jets games and has become a good friend of the organization, watched the squad's initial takeoff the past two years.

"They are the one thing that always attracts my attention. I love to watch them because it has a personal connection with me," she said. "I just think it is great what they do, their routines, and I see they’re having so much fun. Again, that's what really attracts a person watching, when you see that there is so much enjoyment."

Click here to read the full article.

Kennedy's No-Compete Clause, MVP Returning To The View & More
By Michael Bluth
Jun 2, 2009 - 10:56:13 AM

-- MVP will return to the ABC daytime talkshow "The View" later this month. The June 15th episode will feature MVP taking Sherri Shepherd to the Prom this past Saturday in Chicago.

-- Mirror.co.uk has an article looking at the Top 10 winning streaks in sports and alongside tennis champion Rafael Nadal and track star Ed Moses is The Undertaker. Ranked at number 7, the article notes that, "The Undertaker boasts the most wins at Wrestlemania, the WWE's annual grappling jamboree, with a win-loss record of 17-0 in appearances since 1991. Unsubstantiated rumors have it that Sid Eudy, his opponent at Wrestlemania 13, defecated in his tights during the match."

-- Ken "Kennedy" Anderson can be booked via DavidHerro@aol.com. Due to a no-compete clause in his WWE contract, he won't be available until September 1st. Anderson posted a message on his Twitter page this week saying that he wants to do culinary school, as he's found cooking to be a "stress reliever" during his time away from the ring.

Posted in: TNA
Lashley Puts TNA On Hold, Love-Kong Segment A Hit, Jenna Morasca
By Daniel Pena
Jun 1, 2009 - 2:00:44 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Bobby Lashley has put TNA officials on hold regarding his future plans with the organization until his MMA fight with Bob Sapp on Saturday, June 27. His fight with Sapp is by far the biggest match of his career and he wants to put all of his focus on it.

-- The May 21st episode of TNA Impact drew a 1.05 cable rating with 1.52 million viewers. The show did a 0.91 in Males 18-34 and 0.87 in Males 35-49.

In the segment-by-segment numbers, viewership for the Suicide and Daniels vs. The Motor City Machineguns vs. Lethal Consequences match stayed even. Segments featuring Kevin Nash and Booker T training in the ring, and Team 3D cutting a promo backstage with the British Invasion attacking them gained 14,000 viewers. Sting's match with Eric Young lost 29,000 viewers. The strongest growth segment of the show was the contract signing with Angelina Love and Awesome Kong for a match at Sacrifice, gaining 130,000 viewers. Viewers immediately tuned out following the contract signing as Kurt Angle's match with Matt Morgan lost 101,000 viewers. Samoa Joe's encounter with Jeff Jarrett gained 43,000 viewers. The final segment featuring Mick Foley bringing out "Rocky Balboa" with Jarrett, Sting and Angle running in gained 100,000 viewers to finish with the highest quarter of the show at 1.12.

Overall, this was one of lowest rated Impact broadcasts in a while, although it went head-to-head with a Los Angeles Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets game.

-- TNA Knockout Jenna Morasca will be hosting Survivor Millionaires on the TV Guide Channel today at 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., according to the TNA website. The broadcast will re-run all week long.

Former WWE Diva Returns To TV Tonight, Mr. Kennedy Update, More
By Daniel Pena
Jun 1, 2009 - 12:42:16 PM

-- Torrie Wilson makes her return to television as tonight marks the debut of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me out of Here! at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. The former WWE Diva will compete against other celebrities in jungle conditions with few comforts.

Wilson posted a blog on her MySpace last week regarding his upcoming challenge, which you can read at the following link.

You can catch the show Monday through Thursday at 8:00 p.m. throughout the month of June.

-- Mr. Kennedy noted on his Twitter account that his Facebook page has reached the maximum number of 5,000 friends, and as a result, he is unable to accept any additional friend requests. In response, he has set up an official fan page on Facebook because it doesn't have a limit on the number of users he can accept. You can reach his page at the following link.

-- Former WWE Superstar Scotty Goldman (a.k.a Colt Cabana) is selling video copies of a sitdown interview he recently did on his MySpace account (www.myspace.com/coltcabana). He wrote, "This is my first POST-WWE interview where I tell my whole story."

Posted in: NEWS
Jim Ross Blogs About Kennedy's Future, Flair Wrestling Overseas
By Michael Bluth
Jun 1, 2009 - 11:38:19 AM

Jim Ross has posted a new blog, which can be read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights from this entry:

Flair Wrestling Again: When will we next see Ric Flair in a WWE ring? Will it be as early as Monday Night? Naitch called me late Friday night and told me he would see me in a few days, whatever that means. It was late and it was Friday night and it was loud where ever Ric was which I assume wasn't the public library. Flair "wrestling" in WWE still seems unlikely. Ric wrestling outside the USA seems like a gimme.

Kofi vs. MVP: My uninformed guess is that Kofi Kingston might well win a fan favorite bout against MVP Monday night in Birmingham on Raw and become the new United States Champion. My reasoning? MVP had his prom date experience with Sherri Sheppard this weekend which I am speculating will alter Montel's game on Monday night. MVP & Sherri do make a cute couple and I assume this date will be discussed on ABC's "The View" at some point.

WWE In Mexico: Huge crowd in Mexico City Saturday night with over 20,000 fans in the arena grossing a whopping $650K at the box office. I wonder how many Rey Mysterio masks were sold on the four day WWE tour of Mexico?

Kennedy's Future: It is regrettable that WWE decided to release Mr. Kennedy, that ring name will be long gone, as he was at the age to really begin to come into his own. Injuries have plagued the Wisconsin native for a good part of his career but as best I know Kennedy is 100% as we speak. Without question, Kennedy has a definable upside and he will hopefully continue his journey in this biz and make his dreams become realties. Take it from me being released isn't the end of the world and things in our lives have a way of working out for the best unless one throws in the towel and simply says "what the hell?" As I mentioned before, a change of scenery sometimes is what the doctor ordered. Hopefully this will work out for the best for all involved. For the record, I do not know why Kennedy was released and look at that matter as none of my business.

You can read the article here.

-- SmackDown Diva Eve Torres has been taking classes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Gracie Academy in Los Angeles, California, reports The Sun. A number of her fellow Divas are regulars at Gracie-certified gyms in California and Florida.

-- Ricky Ortiz, who is now a heel, offered another "Inspirational Thought of the Week" to WWE Mobile on AT&T following last week's episode of Friday Night SmackDown. This week's theme is losing, something the SmackDown Superstar describes as "temporary defeat and an opportunity in disguise." (WWE Mobile on AT&T exclusive video: Rally Up!)

Ric Flair Booked For South African Shows, Angle, Hardy
By Michael Bluth
May 29, 2009 - 2:12:47 PM

Source: PWInsider.com

-- Nu Wrestling Evolution, the overseas promotion that brought the Ultimate Warrior out of retirement last summer, is advertising that Ric Flair will be appearing on three of their shows in South Africa this summer. The Nature Boy will be appearing in Johannesburg, South Africa on 8/30, Cape Town on 9/1 and Durban on on 9/3. It was recently reported that Ric Flair has been negotiating to wrestle on several overseas shows for huge money and South Africa was mentioned . Given Ric Flair's recent comments about getting back in the ring and the public reactions of Jim Ross and Triple H, there's a good chance Flair will be wrestling on this tour. For more information on the shows, visit NWEwrestling.com.

-- Matt Hardy posted a blog on MySpace asking fans, "What do you guys and gals want out of Matt Hardy? The person and the character. This is a very open ended question." Visit Matt Hardy's page at Myspace.com to leave feedback.

-- TNA star Kurt Angle will be be in Pittsburgh on Saturday filming scenes for the MMA-themed film "Warrior." According to Variety.com, "Nolte plays an ex-Vietnam vet boxer-turned-steel mill worker whose family was torn apart by his alcoholism; the now-sober and remorseful dad welcomes back his youngest son (Hardy) and trains him to compete in a mixed martial arts tournament. He and his older brother, played by Edgerton, are on a collision course in the ring." Angle plays the role of Koba, a Russian Olympic hero. Producers are looking for extras, so check out Warriorevent.com if you're interested.

Hulk Hogan Offers To Take A Drug Test After Linda's Accusations
By Michael Bluth
May 29, 2009 - 12:03:43 PM

Source: HollywoodScoop.com

Hulk Hogan is firing back at Linda Hogan's latest round of allegations. Last week, Linda's public relations representative issued a statement to PerezHilton.com trashing Brooke, her boyfriend $tacks and of course, the Hulkster. Among Linda's claims are that Hulk and Brooke's boyfriend smoke pot together.

However, even Linda's drug accusations come after Brooke strongly hinted to Perez Hilton in a recent video chat that her mother is "on something."

Hulk’s lawyer fired back a statement defending his client, saying: "Brooke Hogan has spoken out in support of her father only because of her mother’s repeated fabricated attacks on him.

"She is in the unique position of knowing both parties in this litigation and she has only spoken as to what she knows to be the truth based upon her personal experience with each.

"Linda has refused repeated invitations by Brooke to reconcile and given these recent comments it appears a mother/daughter relationship is impossible at this time. It is sad that Linda Hogan continues to attempt to throw her family under the bus to gain publicity.”

Hulk also offered to take a legally supervised drug test to prove he’s clean, and challenged Linda to do the same, since he believes she’s the one doing drugs with her young boyfriend Charlie.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
Hulk Hogan Claims Linda Is Blowing Her Alimony Money On Drugs
By Michael Bluth
Jun 15, 2009 - 7:02:58 PM

TMZ.com reports that Hulk Hogan's legal team had a slew of witnesses attack Linda Bollea's character today -- because Hulk claims she's been wasting a lot of her $40,000 monthly alimony payments on drugs.

A hairdresser named Tracy Morgan testified in a Florida courtroom this morning that Linda came into her salon and asked to have some checks cashed because she needed money to buy her drugs. The hairdresser claimed Linda's favorite drug combo was marijuana and the painkiller roxycodon.

Also, a truck driver testified he saw Linda snort cocaine on a boat and a postal worker claimed Linda wanted to buy a car from him without Hulk's attorneys finding out.

Hulk's legal team is hoping these witnesses demonstrate that Linda doesn't deserve the $40,000 monthly allowance.

Kennedy Looking Forward To TNA, TNA Stars Visit J.R.'s Restaurant
By Daniel Pena
Jun 12, 2009 - 1:26:46 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- One person close to recently released WWE wrestler Mr. Kennedy said he's very much looking forward to joining TNA Wrestling in September when his 90-day no-compete clause expires.

Kennedy has a lot of confidence and believes he can be a top guy, something he feels Vince McMahon didn't see him as. He feels if he goes to TNA, he can be that top guy, thinking they will allow him to be the character he wants to be without constantly trying to get him to change.

-- Garrett Borden, the son of Steve "Sting" Borden, is now playing fullback for the Azusa Pacific University football team, a top Christian college in Southern California.

-- A number of TNA wrestlers stopped by Jim Ross' J.R.'s Family Bar-B-Q restaurant following a recent live event in Oklahoma City. TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mick Foley, Robert Roode, James Storm, Rhino, Matt Morgan and a few others went.

How Umaga's Feeling, Hogan Book Details, 170-Pound Lex Luger
By Daniel Pena
Jun 12, 2009 - 2:26:32 PM

-- Complete details for Hulk Hogan's upcoming autobiography, My Life Outside The Ring, have been released. Unlike his WWE-produced bio, this one will focus on the more recent turmoil in his and his family's life. To read the synopsis, and see the cover of the book, click here.

The book is co-authored by Mark Dagostino and will be released on October 27, 2009.

-- As reported earlier, Umaga is turning down all independent bookings offered to him. The reason for this is he's "burned out" on wrestling and not interested in accepting dates for at least another month, reports www.f4wonline.com.

-- Prime Time Sam Roberts from The Opie & Anthony Show and Jersey All Pro Wrestling recently appeared at a wrestling convention and he sent out a picture to his followers on Twitter of Lex Luger. The former WCW World Heavyweight Champion told him he is in good spirits and feeling much better. Click here to see the image. Luger is about 170 pounds these days.

Coverage Of Benoit Wrongful Death Lawsuit, Randy Savage-Slim Jim
By Daniel Penad
Jun 12, 2009 - 4:08:43 PM

-- Irv Muchnick wrote an indepth article for SLAM! Wrestling looking at the wrongful death lawsuit, Paul and Maureen Toffoloni, the parents of Nancy Benoit, filed against Dr. Phil Astin III in U.S. District Court on Wednesday. Click here to read it.

-- In a weird coincidence, the Slim Jim food plant out of North Carolina exploded the same day WWE released a DVD set on "Macho Man" Randy Savage, a former spokesperson for the brand. The explosion was serious as two people were found dead and a third person is still believed to be missing. To read the story, click here.

Other spokesmen from the world of wrestling for the beef jerky snack food have included Ultimate Warrior, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kevin Nash and Edge.

-- Former WWE wrestler Chuck Palumbo wrote on his Twitter account (twitter.com/ChuckPalumbo) that his band, 3 Spoke Wheel, will be playing at the Thunder Run Bike Show in Bakersfield, California tomorrow.
HOT PIX: Photo of John Cena�s Florida mansion

Is WWE Covering Up Batista's Injury For A Wellness Violation?
By Daniel Pena
Jun 12, 2009 - 4:19:13 PM

This past weekend, some people within World Wrestling Entertainment leaked a story to PWInsider.com saying Batista had suffered a biceps tear. Their story was later changed to a torn tendon in his left biceps and that it was not a full fledged muscle tear. The webmaster of his official website, www.Demon-Wrestling.com, soon acknowledged his injury, confirming it as a torn tendon.

The webmaster wrote: "We originally thought Dave had a torn muscle (he's been hurt for around 2-3 weeks), but this has now been confirmed as a torn tendon."

However, the official WWE website would say differently.

According to their report concerning Batista's injury, he suffered a completely torn left biceps requiring surgery that will keep him out of action for at least four months — not a torn tendon.

A full fledged muscle tear is much more serious than a tendon tear, so something's clearly not adding up. If he did indeed suffer a torn tendon like his official website is saying, the amount of ring time he would miss would be considerably less.

Among some of the wrestlers, there has been plenty of skepticism over the true severity of his injury. The injury supposedly occurred over three weeks ago, but he had been working television, pay-per-views, and live events without any sort of tape on his arm whatsoever, let alone showing any signs of an injury. If the biceps tear was serious, and people within WWE are claiming it was serious enough for him to get surgery two days after his championship victory, it would certainly have been taped up. If the injury was not serious enough to require tape, one would think there would be no need for surgery.

Even partially torn biceps injuries are taped up, but considering WWE is saying he suffered a full fledged muscle tear, it makes the severity of his injury all the more suspicious.

At Monday's Raw in Lafayette‎, the wrestlers were told his injury was legitimate and he was having surgery the next day. However, the talk among wrestlers in the locker room is that his injury angle on Raw was a cover-up to have him avoid being suspended due to a violation of the company's drug testing policy.

For what it's worth, Monday's show was re-written several times during the day and the creative team was given a list of wrestlers not to use for the foreseeable future prior to show time as a result of drug testing held earlier in the day and at shows over the weekend.

WWE covering up a drug test failure with an injury would certainly be a major change of philosophy on how they handle their drug testing policy, and while things appear fishy, right now there is no concrete evidence indicating that has happened.

Simon Dean Interview On WWE, Benoit, Drugs In Wrestling, More
By Daniel Pena
Jun 13, 2009 - 12:42:25 PM

Former head of WWE Developmental and Superstar Mike Bucci/Simon Dean had an interview with China's only wrestling online radio show, Wrestle-Network.com and touched on many subjects. The always straight shooting Mike Bucci went deep in Wrestle-Network's best interview yet.

- Mike and Daddyshawn joked on their "history".

- Mike and Daddyshawn talked about WWE's expansion in China and the possibility of it. Daddyshawn specifically mentioned he can hook up wrestling promoters to work in China if offer comes.

- Mike talked about his time when he was in charged of the developmental. How some of the guys do not even know the agents and some wrestling legends. How Mike created a list of 100 of the most influential wrestling personalities in wrestling.

- Mike talked about the incident between Santino Marella and Jim Cornette.

- Daddyshawn talked to Mike about the guys who he has hired while he was in WWE.

- Mike mentioned why Ted DiBiase Jr. wrestled in All-Japan for two years and wrestled with Harley Race's WLW before going to developmental.

- Mike talked about TNA and Rong of Honor. Also talked about Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness.

- He also talked about how the business has changed from his time in the indies to going to WWE.

- Mike mentioned how some tough guys who are portrayed a comedy characters in wrestling.

- Mike's take on Bob Sapp and Bobby Lashley's up-coming MMA match.

- He also mentioned on how WWE is losing its battle to UFC.

- Mike's thoughts and memories on Chris Benoit. How wrestling has left a huge mark on professional wrestling.

- Mike's praised John Lauranaitis and the talents relations department.

- Mike Bucci will be wrestling June 27th with Blue Meanie in the former ECW Arena.

- Mike talked about Booker T and Sharmell and his company PWA.

- Mike mentioned drugs and wrestling business and WWE's Wellness Policy.

- He also mentioned about WWE not signing enough international wrestlers, especially people from China and South Korea.

Plus many more, to listen to the entire over 1 hour interview, please go to the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »
Issues Between Mysterio & WWE, Creative Team Scrambling, More
By Daniel Pena
Jun 13, 2009 - 3:31:01 PM

-- As announced last night on Friday Night SmackDown, CM Punk will defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Edge and Jeff Hardy in a three-way bout. As it turns out, the match was originally scheduled to take place at The Bash pay-per-view later this month, but due to next Monday's three-hour Raw, it's being moved up. As of Thursday, the creative team were still scrambling on how to figure things out for Monday's show, not to mention how it would all lead to matches for the pay-per-view in two weeks.

-- For the first time in several months, the 5/29 episode of Friday Night SmackDown was the first show to hit the top ten chart in English language viewership among Hispanics, at No. 6. It's actually not as good as it sounds because it was 520,000 Hispanic viewers, which is about half of what they used to do before Mysterio was drafted to Raw last year, and no more than they've been doing most of the past year. With most regular programming in re-runs and SmackDown being first-run, it looks better in comparison, but it's only doing a 2.4 in Hispanic homes when it used to do high 5's.

-- In a follow-up on an earlier report, Rey Mysterio did not hand in his notice to WWE officials as he still remains in the company. However, there are some issues between both sides which need to be worked out.

Update On Tomorrow's Raw, WWE Issues Statement On Misawa, More
By Daniel Pena
Jun 14, 2009 - 7:19:09 PM

-- John Laurinaitis, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, issued a statement on WWE.com concerning the passing of Mitsuharu Misawa.

"On behalf of WWE, we were deeply saddened to hear of the tragic loss of Mitsuharu Misawa," Laurinaitis said. "We extend our sincere condolences to his family, friends and fans. Misawa will be remembered as one of the all-time greats in Japan."

Laurinaitis worked with Misawa throughout the 1990s as both were stars with All-Japan Pro Wrestling.

-- Tommy Dreamer's ECW Championship victory at Extreme Rules was acknowledged in a column by the New York Daily News. (After 9 years, Tommy Dreamer becomes ECW champion again)

-- WWE is still putting together tomorrow night's episode of Raw because as of last night, a lot of talent (mostly SmackDown & ECW) had not been given the word whether they would be appearing on the show or not, reports www.f4wonline.com.

Last Monday, the WWE creative team was reportedly given a specific list of wrestlers not to write ideas for starting tomorrow as they will be unavailable for the foreseeable future.

Will Hogan Go On A Book Tour?, Jake Roberts Going To The Circus
By Daniel Pena
Jun 14, 2009 - 9:16:16 PM

-- For those wondering, Hulk Hogan will indeed be going on a book tour to promote his autobiography, My Life Outside The Ring, when it's released in October. In case you missed it, click here for details on the book and see the cover. (source: PWInsider.com)

-- Starting in July, Jake Roberts will be going on tour with Jim Rose for the When Legends Collide Tour. The show will include wrestling along with circus stunts. You can find all the information on the event including dates and further information at the link below:

http://www.ymlp117.com/pubarchive_show_message.php?magnumpr+10015

You can also find more information about Jim Rose's Circus at

http://www.jimrosecircus.com

-- The Honky Tonk Man will be part of the wrestling shows at the San Diego County Fair on July 5th, 2009. Go to http://sdfair.com for info about the fair and http://sportsentertainmentevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

Chris Masters Returning To WWE, The Hurricane Returns, Steamboat
By Daniel Pena
Jun 14, 2009 - 9:48:44 PM

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, www.pwtorch.com

-- Chris Masters was indeed hired back by World Wrestling Entertainment this past week.

"The Masterpiece" had a meeting with Vince McMahon at the Los Angeles tapings a few weeks ago and was recommended by Randy Orton to be brought back. Many in WWE are curious as to how he will look like when he returns as it was noted that it will send a message.

WWE released Masters from his contract on November 8, 2007 six days after he had been suspended for 60 days for having violated the company's drug testing policy on a second occasion. The suspension was for 60 days because he had been previously suspended on August 30, 2007 when the Signature Pharmacy scandal broke out. Shortly after his return to the ring, he was suspended for failing a drug test.

Contrary to his Wikipedia bio, Masters was not suspended when he quietly taken off the road in May 2006. Masters entered a drug rehabilitation due to an issue with prescription painkillers, but it did not count as a strike against because there was no drug test failure associated with him being sent to rehab.

He returned to WWE four months later with much less muscle mass, leading Jerry "The King" Lawler to refer to him as "leaner and meaner" Chris Masters.

-- After a several year absence, The Hurricane returned to the WWE ring at last night's SmackDown/ECW live event in Binghamton, New York, teaming with Evan Bourne. The duo lost to The Hart Dynasty when David Hart Smith pinned Hurricane with a clothesline. In another note, The Hurricane's ring time was limited as Bourne worked most of the match.

-- In other news coming out of last night's live event, WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat squared off against developmental wrestler Drew McIntyre in a 20-minute affair. The match was not well received as it largely consisted of rest holds, resulting in the audience booing at times.

Reader Wilson Wells wrote: "The most boring match of the night. Almost 20 minutes of mat-wrestling. No, not even. They were sitting on the mat, just holding each other. They would get up for three seconds, get back down, and there was thunderous booing."

Rey Mysterio Update, Orton Says He Doesn't Want To Wrestle At 50
By Daniel Pena
Jun 14, 2009 - 10:30:31 PM

-- Rey Mysterio competed at last night's SmackDown/ECW live event in Binghamton, New York, working a Triple Threat Match against World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk and Jeff Hardy. Punk came out on top to retain his title.

There were rumors going around last week saying he had handed in his notice to the company, but that is not the case. However, there were some issues between both sides which needed to be resolved.

-- In an interview with the Charlotte Observer, former WWE Champion Randy Orton said he doesn't want to put himself in a position where he has to continue wrestling past his mid-40s in order to provide for his family.

"I don't want to put myself in a position where financially I need to perform when I'm 60 or 50 or even in my mid-40s," Orton said. "There will be a time when I'm a dad of two or three and I just want to be at home with my family."

While Orton has no plans to leave wrestling anytime soon, he wouldn't mind crossing over to films.

"I think that I'd thrive if I could be a bad guy," says Orton. "Or I'd love to play a superhero. It would be cool to have powers."

To read the article, click here.

-- Ricky Ortiz continues bringing inspiration to the WWE Universe with the latest edition of the "Ricky O. Rally Up Inspirational Thought of the Week." Click here to see the video.

WWE Studios Hires New Executive Vice President
By Michael Bluth
Jun 15, 2009 - 10:24:07 AM

World Wrestling Entertainment sent out the following press release today announcing a new Executive Vice President of WWE Studios:

Pavone to Head WWE Studios

STAMFORD, Conn., June 15, 2009 – World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. has named Mike Pavone as Executive Vice President of WWE Studios. In his new role, Pavone will lead WWE Studios’ theatrical releases, direct-to-DVD movies, series and reality programming and report directly to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

Pavone brings with him more than 18 years of experience in the film and television industry having worked as a writer, producer, director and actor. His projects include such notable titles as: The Client (CBS), Prison Break (FOX), High Incident with Steven Spielberg (ABC), Jack & Jill (WB), Against The Grain (NBC), Street Time (Showtime), The Blue Wall (Disney), Northmen for Warner Bros. and Seven Men from Now for Beacon Films.

Since 2008, Pavone has been a strategic consultant to WWE’s Creative Writing department, collaborating on the company’s top-rated, signature television programs, “Monday Night Raw®” and “Friday Night SmackDown®”.

“Mike brings a great combination of both filmed entertainment and television experience to his new role. We are confident that he can expand the breadth and depth of opportunities for WWE Studios,“ said Vince McMahon.

Pavone holds a BA in Film and Television Production from California State University at Sacramento and currently resides in Santa Rosa, California.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
Complete Details For The Best of SmackDown! 10th Anniversary DVD
By Daniel Pena
Jun 22, 2009 - 5:26:57 PM

Courtesy of SilverVision.co.uk, here is the content listing for The Best of SmackDown! 10th Anniversary three-disc DVD set, which will be released on Tuesday, September 15, 2009:

For ten years, SmackDown has provided the most unpredictable moments and matches on network television. The Best of SmackDown 1999 – 2009 counts down the 100 greatest moments in the show’s history.

Disc 1

Introduction by Michael Cole & Matt Striker

# 100 – The Spinner April 14, 2005

# 99 – Unlikely Merger October 31, 2002

# 98 – Here Comes the Chokeslam July 10, 2003

# 97 – A SmackDown Tradition

# 96 – Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker September 16, 2005

# 95 – Mattitude

# 94 – Show Hunters September 23, 2004

# 93 – Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero September 9, 2005

# 92 – Mr. America

# 91 – Out of Tune July 19, 2001

# 90 – Signs of Friendship

# 89 – Chris Jericho vs. Chyna December 30, 1999

# 88 – Hardcore Injury June 29, 2000

# 87 – No Way Out February 24, 2000

# 86 – Return of Piper’s Pit April 10, 2003

# 85 – Carlito vs. John Cena October 7, 2004

# 84 – Sewage Bath October 9, 2003

# 83 – The BoogeyMan

# 82 – Hulkster Returns January 23, 2003

# 81 – Triple H vs. Tazz April 20, 2000

# 80 – Bar Room Brawl January 20, 2000

# 79 – Gore! Gore! Gore! August 9, 2001

# 78 – Time to Play the Game September 23, 1999

# 77 – Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection

# 76 – Hulk Hogan vs. Chris Jericho May 2, 2002

# 75 – Gold Medal Thief August 30, 2001

# 74 – Gold Medal Auction July 29, 2004

# 73 – Funeral Fight

# 72 – Life Sucks … May 11, 2000

# 71 – Al Snow & Steve Blackman

# 70 – Batista/Rey/Finlay/Jeff Hardy vs. MVP/JBL/Kane/Brian Kendrick October 3, 2008

Disc 2

# 69 – Mr. Kennedy

# 68 – Rough Landing September 9, 1999

# 67 – Stephanie’s The Champ March 30, 2000

# 66 – Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly April 25, 2002

# 65 – Angle Wins Gold February 10, 2000

# 64 – New Tag Champs December 16, 2005

# 63 – Heidenreich Poetry September 16, 2004

# 62 – The Rock vs. Dudley Boyz March 9, 2000

# 61 – Lethal Dose of Poison January 24, 2002

# 60 – Parking Lot Brawl September 11, 2003

# 59 – Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy June 5, 2003

# 58 – Sincerest Form of Flattery

# 57 – Superhuman Strength

# 56 – You’re Hired! April 11, 2002

# 55 – Rob Van Dam vs. Steve Austin September 4, 2001

# 54 – Edge & Vickie

# 53 – Austin Stalks DX October 28, 1999

# 52 – Debra’s Cookies

# 51 – Stinkdown!

# 50 – Team Angle vs. Tajiri / Eddie Guerrero May 29, 2003

# 49 – Rock & Busta July 11, 2002

# 48 – Fate Fulfilled December 19, 2008

# 47 – Billy & Chuck Wedding September 12, 2002

# 46 – Tribute to Eddie November 18, 2005

# 45 – Where is Foley?

# 44 – A Classic Hit September 9, 1999

# 43 – Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL July 15, 2004

# 42 – Air Mysterio October 31, 2002

# 41 – Noble & Nidia

# 40 – Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker July 4, 2002

Disc 3

# 39 – MotherSlapper March 23, 2000

# 38 – A Celebration To Remember February 19, 2004

# 37 – Big Show Returns September 9, 2004

# 36 – Sexy Kurt March 24, 2005

# 35 – Rock ‘n’ Sock vs. New Age Outlaws October 14, 1999

# 34 – Houdini of Hardcore

# 33 – Mysterio Flies July 25, 2002

# 32 – Undertaker’s Revenge September 26, 2008

# 31 – Divorce Court

# 30 – John Cena vs. Kurt Angle June 27, 2002

# 29 – Icon Destruction August 8, 2002

# 28 – Get In My Belly April 13, 2000

# 27 – Bald is Beautiful June 13, 2002

# 26 – Border Patrol April 8, 2004

# 25 – Zach Gowen / Stephanie McMahon vs. Big Show July 3, 2003

# 24 – Right Place, Wrong Time July 27, 2000

# 23 – Ultimate Opportunist May 11, 2007

# 22 – Angle vs. Lesnar September 18, 2003

# 21 – DX-plosion April 27, 2000

# 20 – Batista Forfeits Title January 13, 2006

# 19 – People’s Elbow September 30, 1999

# 18 – Edge / Hulk Hogan vs. Billy / Chuck July 4, 2002

# 17 – Kurt Kisses Stephanie August 24, 2000

# 16 – JBL vs. Dollzilla February 10, 2005

# 15 – TLC III May 24, 2001

# 14 – Blockbuster Champ November 11, 1999

# 13 – Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H April 12, 2001

# 12 – Champion Chairman September 16, 1999

# 11 – Thuganomics

# 10 – Tribute to the Troops

# 9 – Supermarket Brawl December 13, 2001

# 8 – Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero September 26, 2002

# 7 – The Rock Says…

# 6 – Funeral Crasher November 11, 1999

# 5 – Austin & Angle – Unplugged July 12, 2001

# 4 – The Pilot April 29, 1999

# 3 – The Rock vs. Triple H August 26, 1999

# 2 – The Bigger They Are… June 12, 2003

# 1 – 9-11 Tribute Show September 13, 2001

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
Mentality Behind Tonight's Raw, Women's Wrestler Not Signed, More
By Daniel Pena
Jun 22, 2009 - 5:36:09 PM

sources: www.f4wonline.com, The Sun

-- The mentality behind tonight's episode of Raw is that it is being written as a "go-home show" for all three brands for Sunday's "The Bash" pay-per-view. The feeling is that Smackdown and ECW aren't delivering enough of an audience for their respective shows to be "go-home shows." Expect to see the top angles from both brands to be featured on tonight's show.

-- Contrary to reports, six-time OVW Women's Championship Serena Deeb has yet to receive a formal offer from World Wrestling Entertainment regarding a developmental contract. She is telling people that any reports of her signing with WWE are premature.

-- Randy Orton is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

Candice Michelle's Pulled Blog, New Diva On The Road With WWE
By Daniel Pena
Jun 20, 2009 - 12:54:43 PM

-- Shortly after the announcement of her release on the official WWE website, Candice Michelle made the following comment on her Twitter account (twitter.com/divacandicem): "I'm Free to Grow! :)"

As Michael reported earlier, Candice posted a blog on the WWE Universe site thanking company executives, current and past Divas, and male wrestlers for contributing to her five-year run in World Wrestling Entertainment. The blog was subsequently taken down as her account was disabled.

We managed to get ahold of what she wrote. Here is her blog in its entirety:

Dear WWE Universe,

Today is the first day of my next journey! I am filled with excitement and gratitude that I wanna express! First and foremost I wanna say thank-you to the McMahon family! Thank-you Vince, Linda, and Stephanie! I have had an amazing 5years wrestling for you guys! You have taught me and given me so many incredible memories! My time in the WWE was so heartfelt and an incredible journey that I will never forget. I wanna thank the people who have helped me there to be successful! Thank-You Johnny Laurenitis, Mark Corrono, and the rest of talent relations! You guys are awesome at what you do and I appreciate everything you have done for me! Thanks to the amazing agents Arn, Dean, Ricky, Mike, Fit, Barry, Steve, and Billy. You guys are incredible at what you do and it was so exciting for me to get the oppurtunity to learn from the BEST! Speaking of the best, John Cena was a champ in every sense of the word, inside and outside of the ring! Thank-you John for our great friendship, conversations, and encouragement in the business! I have so many fun filled memories on the road that I will never forget thanks to Victoria, Torrie(vote for her, shes amazing), Carlito, Tommy ( what a Dream), and Mickie ( one half of the nasty girls)! You guys will be my buddies for life and I will never forget you! Thank you to the other amazing superstars and Divas! You guys are simply the best at what you do! You have contributed so much in me becoming a wrestler, thanks to HHH, Big Show, Melina, Mickie, John Cena, Tommy Dreamer, Shawn Michaels, and everyone else who every helped me in the ring(in no particular order)! Thanks to the awesome crew and people behind the scenes, without them the show wouldnt even begin, they are all so incredible and full of talent! My time in the WWE was a true blessing!

I am excited that I was the FIRST WWE Diva Search contestant to become the WWE Womans Champion! I know I have paved a way for the woman like me and am so proud of them now! Go get em ladies, your all so talented and beautiful!

A special dedication to all the amazing and wonderful fans who have supported me, made sites for me, were always positive, and mostly just showed your love! I really appreciate you! I hope to see you in my next journey! I feel it coming fast! You can see my new website in less than 1.5 months at candicemichelle.com and catch up with my updates, also on twitter!

I have loved that journey and am ready to grow into this next chapter! Stay tuned.... much more to come!

Yours Truly,

Candice Michelle

"Defining Beauty"...in every sense of the word!

Her profile was also pulled from the SmackDown roster page, and not moved to the WWE Alumni section.

-- Developmental women's wrestler Angela Fong is once again on the road with WWE this weekend. She noted on her Twitter account yesterday (twitter.com/missangelafong) that she was in Des Moines, Iowa, the site of last night's Raw brand house show. She also said she lost her luggage on her way to Iowa.

Paul Roma Rips HBK, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, TNA & More (Recap)
By Daniel Pena
Jun 21, 2009 - 4:46:34 PM

World Wrestling Insanity interview with Paul Roma
Host: James Guttman
Interview available at WorldWrestlingInsanity.c om via ClubWWI.

Too hot for the Horsemen. Too stacked for Vinnie Mac. He's the most controversial guest in WorldWrestlingInsanity.c om, so what could we do but give him his own show? That's right. Paul Roma has come to ClubWWI.com to host his own audio program and he's so notorious, we could only call it "Glorious!"

The first time Roma joined James Guttman for a ClubWWI.com interview, no one was safe. Paul had choice words for everyone from John Cena to Hulk Hogan. With no desire to return to the wrestling industry, Roma offers his opinions completely unfiltered. As he says in his debut 34 minute episode of "Glorious," he's burned every bridge and had too much heat. In other words, no one has the freedom to shoot like Paul.

The Former Horsemen's first show hits a ton of topics including TNA's "piss poor wrestling" and "horrible writing." From the "stupid ring" to the writers wanting to be wrestlers, Roma is not a big fan of the product TNA is putting up. He goes into detail on the talks he had with the company at one point and the changes he told them they need to make. James brings up one member of Total Nonstop Action's roster, Mick Foley, and Paul has an opinion on that too…

"Mick Foley can't wrestle – plain and simple. Most wrestlers would agree. Probably even him. So if he's not launching himself off a roof, gouging his head, breaking bones, or spitting blood, it's boring. He can't do anything. What is it he can do?...They expect to see this idiot jeopardize his life, otherwise they don't care because that's what they're used to."

Guttman asks if it's tough to follow Mick (or someone like him on a show) and Roma says it's actually a blessing. Fans want to see something interesting rather than a clown. He compares real wrestling to a magician. A magician makes you think. A clown trips over his own feet.

"It is what it is. It's a clown. And that's what Mick Foley is. He's a clown."

One man who Paul Roma has been familiar with is Ric Flair. Never shy about his feelings on his former stablemate, Paul talks about his impending return at "70 years old." Why is he coming back? Roma explains to ClubWWI.com listeners:

"Flair's running around doing these autograph sessions because he's broke. All those years you busted your butt, you travelled, and you have nothing to show for it. You owe the government what? A million dollars in taxes? Dude, you might as well kill yourself. That's the only way you'll ever beat the government. You'll never ever pay them back, unless you hit a Powerball. Even then. Oh. Here's your million dollars."

On that subject, Roma gets into wrestlers who can't retire in the industry for whatever reason. One name he brings up is…

"Shawn Michaels, he should have been gone a long time ago. But since he's friends with Triple H, they keep him around. I don't know what kind of money he makes, but I'm sure it's decent. He's a mess. Physically. I look at him and his face looks like he did a Michael Jackson."

Guttman points out that HBK is still one of the best in the industry, but in any other sport, he'd be able to retire by now for good. After all, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. We should let Shawn relax and take a nap. Paul agrees. It's not that Michaels can't perform. It's that he shouldn't still have to.

Alongside Bull Buchanan's "Bullpen," D-Lo Brown's "Lo-Down," and Orlando Jordan's "Club O.J.,' "Glorious" hosted by Paul Roma (with James Guttman) is available right now on ClubWWI.com. The debut edition features tons of other topics including: Hulk Hogan's Joke of a Heel Turn, Batista: Not An Athlete, The Backstage Run-In He and Hercules Had With The Hart Foundation, How Bret Hart Was a Gentleman Afterwards, His Relative Tookie Tucker in FCW, Trump Buying Raw, Feelings About The Ultimate Warrior, A Parting Salute For Vince McMahon, Why Vince Didn't Like Paul Orndorff, and More. It's more than Pretty Wonderful. It's Glorious!

Jericho Says Taker Is Coasting On His Reputation, DiBiase, Cena
By Daniel Pena
Jun 21, 2009 - 5:17:45 PM

-- In an interview with About.com, it's noted that Chris Jericho has yet to have face Undertaker in a one-on-one encounter. He's asked to compare ending his undefeated streak at WrestleMania to beating "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Rock to become the first Undisputed Champion.

"It would be a huge deal. Obviously it would be at the same level," Jericho said. "But Undertaker is still on crutches as we speak so if he was smart he'd would stay on crutches and stay away from me. Now that I'm on his show, it is inevitable that our paths cross. I think he has been coasting for the past few years and has been taking it easy and living on his reputation. I'm not intimidated by him and we'll see what happens once he gets back."

Chris Jericho also said SmackDown is superior to Raw.

"Smackdown is the better show overall. Better performers, better wrestling," Jericho said. "I think it's a much better show. I think a lot of that has to do with the acquisitions of Punk and myself. With Mysterio, Hardy, Edge, and the Undertaker coming back I think there are some great combinations and some great matches to be had."

Jericho also said he's working on a second book through Grand Central Publishing, which published his first book, rather than WWE. He also says WWE ran some movie ideas through him (Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia and The Marine 2), but he wasn't interested.

Jericho also discusses the biggest difference between WCW and WWE, his upcoming appearance on Aaron Stone, the current status of Fozzy, and more. Click here to read the interview.

-- Ted DiBiase was interviewed by PostCrescent.com to promote tomorrow night's Raw taping in Green Bay. He discusses his family legacy, but also talked about injuries.

"I've hurt my knees, broken fingers, separated a shoulder; you go through a lot," DiBiase said. "But I love it. I mean I love it."

Click here to read the article.

-- John Cena threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Chicago Cubs' interleague matchup against the Cleveland Indians at Wrigley Field yesterday. He also spent some on-air time with Cubs broadcasters during the WGN broadcast.

WWE Star Working With Sore Neck, Cena On Cover, Orton's "Wife"
By Daniel Pena
Jun 21, 2009 - 6:33:50 PM

-- "Legacy" member Cody Rhodes is currently working with a sore neck.

-- The latest issue of Playboy, featuring Attack of the Show! host Olivia Munn on the cover, notes that July 2008 "Playmate of the Month" Laura Croft played the role of Randy Orton's wife Samantha on Raw back in March.

-- John Cena and his brother Matt, who is an NPC bodybuilder, are on the cover of the latest issue of Flex. Click here to see the cover.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
Former WWF Wrestler Arrested On Child Abuse Charges
By Daniel Pena
Jun 21, 2009 - 9:22:31 PM

Former WWF wrestler Brian Blair, 52, was arrested early this morning on two counts of child abuse.

The former Hillsborough County Commissioner was arrested shortly after 5:00 a.m. following an altercation with his two sons at the family's home in the Forest Hills area of Tampa.

According to The St. Petersburg Times, Blair pushed his oldest son Brett, 17, in the chest and then punched him in the face with a closed fist, leaving a red mark and causing swelling. Blair then allegedly put the teenager in a chokehold, causing him to have trouble breathing.

Jericho On Disney Show Tonight, DiBiase Interview & More
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 12:57:48 PM

-- WWE superstar Chris Jericho will be appearing on tonight's episode of the popular Disney channel action series, Aaron Stone. The show is about kid who was enlisted to play the real-life part of a video game character. Here's Disney's preview for the episode:

“"Xero Control" – Xero captures the world's most feared fighter, World Champion Billy "The Body Bag" Cobb, to teach them the moves necessary to program his combat suit. Aaron Stone is enlisted to rescue Billy Cobb and destroy the combat suit, in Aaron Stone, MONDAY, JUNE 22 (9:00-9:30 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD.

To see 2 video clips of Jericho as Billy Cobb from the episode, head over to CinemaBlend.com.

-- Wisconsin's PostCrescent.com features an interview with WWE superstar Ted DiBiase, who talks about tonight's RAW, breaking into wrestling, his movie career and more.

-- Friday's Smackdown will be preempted in the New York area due to the Mets vs. Yankees baseball game. When SmackDown was preempted in the past, it would typically air the following night. However, cable guides in New York are saying the show will air on Friday night at 11pm. Since there is a possibility that the baseball game runs long and is not over at 11pm, fans who DVR SmackDown should set their recording times accordingly.

Jim Ross Blog: Jerry Brisco Health Update, Tonight's RAW
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 2:05:38 PM

Jim Ross posted a new blog update, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com.

Jerry Brisco Health Update: "Exchanged a few text messages over the weekend with Jerry Brisco who is in a positive state of mind after suffering three strokes and discovering that he has a hole in his heart and a faulty heart valve. Jerry's wife Barbara had to confiscate his cell phone as many of Jerry's friends were reaching out to him. The WWE Hall of Famer is respected by all that know him not to mention the fact that Jerry has helped so many men get their start in the business. Jerry told me that he will know more on Monday when he will have heart surgery as it was expected to be this week but that is not definite."

Tonight's RAW: "One can assume that the Smackdown contribution Monday night on the first ever commercial free Monday Night Raw will consist of probably one bout. However, that one match could be a dandy. There should be no issues with matches having an adequate amount of time to take care of their business on Monday night with no commercial breaks."

The Bash: "I expect ECW to also have one bout on the show obviously, in some fashion, promoting the ECW Title Bout at "The Bash" which is all of the sudden here.... as in next Sunday in Sacramento."

Brian Blair Appears In Court, Still Facing Felony Charges
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 2:39:47 PM

Source: TampaBay.com

As Daniel reported over the weekend, former 1980's WWE tag team wrestler B. Brian Blair was arrested early Sunday morning in Florida after a violent altercation involving his two teenage sons.

According to the arrest report, Blair, shoved his son Brett in the chest at about 4am Sunday morning. When Brett tried to walk away, Blair grabbed him, punched him in the face and put him in a choke hold, the report states. He then let go of Brett, grabbed younger son Bradley by the throat and punched him, deputies said. Both sons identified their father as the person who attacked them, and Blair was taken to the Hillsborough County jail on two felony counts of child abuse.

Blair appeared in a Florida court this morning after spending last night in jail. The presiding judge in this morning's proceedings ordered Blair to be released from jail and turned over the case to the Department of Children and Families.

Blair did not have to post bail to be released, which could take several hours to process before he's allowed to return home. The judge also ordered "no contact" between Blair and his sons.

Recap Of Kurt Angle On The Pain Clinic Radio Show
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 2:46:21 PM

New TNA World Champion Kurt Angle was a guest on the Pain Clinic radio show over the weekend. You can listen to the show at www.feelthepain.net. Here's a recap:

Kurt Angle joins the show and talks about his 'calm' promo from Impact this last Thursday. He explains his calmness and how it progressed the storyline. He said have no fear, the yelling screaming Kurt Angle will return.

Kurt talks about the King of the Mountain Match at TNA's 7th anniversary pay per view Slammiversary. Kurt starts telling us some of TNA's accomplishments and how far they have come. When he gets to the match itself he said he's terrified of it. Kurt explains the match and tells us that it is the biggest fan favorite match in TNA.

Kurt talks about all the participants in the match and what each brings to the match. Kurt likes the match but he's a "one-on-one" match guy. He's excited to see how it goes.

Kurt talks about the match some more and lets us know that Slammiversary and Bound For Glory are two TNA's biggest buy rate pay per views. He does mention the X-Division King Of The Mountain match on the card and talks about how the X-Division needs to be elevated back into higher profile.

Mick Foley is the next topic. Kurt said the writing has spiked the rating as well as Mick Foley's microphone work. He says that Mick is a great wrestler and unfortunately he's remembered as 'falling off a cage through an announcers table'. He gives Mick allot of credit for his matches. This leads Kurt into putting over the entire roster.

He explains the purpose of the Main Event Mafia in TNA and it may surprise a few people.

Kurt talks about the passing of Misawa last week and he explains that people don't know what kind of stress wrestlers bodies go through in their career.

Kurt talks about his acting career and tells us about what movie he's making right now. He tells us what his future plans are acting-wise.

This leads into Kurt talking about Frank Trigg and the plans TNA had for him. Franks signed back with UFC and Kurt explains that once you sign with UFC, you can't do other things but UFC. Kurt talks about his dealing with Dana White and his dabbling with fighting for UFC.

Kurt leaves soon afterwards

He then grabbed his youngest son, who is either 12 or 13, around the throat and punched him on the top of his head, leaving a bump.

He is currently being held without bail and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.

Blair is perhaps best known for his partnership with "Jumping" Jim Brunzell as part of the masked tag team The Killer Bees. The two wrestled throughout the 1980s in the World Wrestling Federation.

Click here to read the story on The St. Petersburg Times website. You can also view his charge report on the official website of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Donald Trump Hosting Press Conference This Afternoon
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 11:09:31 AM

WWE sent out the following announcement to WWE Universe members who live in Wisconsin regarding a press conference to be held this afternoon:

Dear WWE® Universe:

The new owner of RAW®, Donald Trump, has some exciting news for the WWE Universe in Green Bay. Trump, along with WWE Divas, will be holding a special news conference as soon as his plane touches down at Green Bay Airport on Monday, June 22 at 4 PM.

All WWE Fans are invited to the Executive Air Terminal to attend this free event (subject to capacity). In addition, Mr. Trump has extended an invitation to former WWE RAW owner Mr. McMahon to also attend the conference.

Join Mr. Trump, Mr. McMahon and the WWE Divas, as a special announcement will be made regarding that evening’s Monday Night RAW® event at the Resch Center that will put the “green back” in Green Bay.

What: Special News Conference with New Owner of RAW, Donald Trump, WWE Divas and Former Owner of RAW, Mr. McMahon.

When: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 4 PM

Where: Executive Air Terminal2131 Airport DriveGreen Bay, WI

Taz Relaunches FTW Gear, Talks About Slammiversary, Heyman & More
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 12:23:39 PM

-- Former WWE announcer Taz has relaunched his clothing brand FTW Gear, which he created during his time in ECW back in the late 90s. Taz designed the new line of t-shirts and hats himself, which can be purchased at TazFTWGear.com.

-- Taz has posted a new batch of "Taz Answers" Q&A's, which you can read over at Facebook.com. Here's what the Human Suplex Machine said about:

Paul Heyman: "Paul and I speak every once and a while via text or email. We NEED to sit down and grab a bite to eat and laugh!! I miss working with and for Paul and I really cherish and miss the original ECW days!! It was the greatest time of my professional career."

Mike Adamle: "I had fun working with Mike BEHIND THE SCENES! He is a great guy, who is actually very funny! On air it was very tough because Mike was in over his head. So than I was put in a position were I had never been were I was doing the "play by play" at the announce desk. Bottomline, he didn't belong in an broadcaster position at that level. Zero experience calling matches or telling stories.....the powers that be thought Mike was gonna replace JR."

TNA Slammiversary: "I enjoined [Slammiversary] very much! Unique concepts and tremendous wrestling talent in TNA....BIG FAN! Me like everyone else didn't expect the turn of events at the conclusion of the Main Event last night!"

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
Brian Blair Releaed From Jail & Comments On His Arrest
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 4:22:31 PM

Former WWF superstar and Brian Blair was released from Orient Road Jail in Tampa, Florida this morning a day after he was accused of beating up his two sons on Father's Day.

Fox News in Tampa Bay caught up with Blair, who called the incident "unfortunate." You can see a video of Blair speaking outside of the Orient Road Jail at MyFoxTampaNews.com.

"It's a real, I guess, unfortunate situation, that it's a misunderstanding that could have been prevented," Blair told reporters. "I have over 7,000 hours mentoring children, and the last thing that I'd ever do is hurt a kid. Sometimes the hardest kids to mentor are your own."

Blair told reporters that he loves his constituents and hopes to continue his life in politics. "If they were there, I think they'd understand the situation," he said. "The most important thing is that my wife is OK."

Donald Trump Storyline News, Warrior Blogs About Turning 50
By Michael Bluth
Jun 22, 2009 - 5:07:00 PM

-- The Ultimate Warrior has updated his blog with a post titled, "18,543 days," where he talks about turning 50 years old last week.

I didn’t know living to be 50 was such a big deal — or something to be despised or ridiculed. Of course, not many former WWF, or even today’s WWE, wrestlers hang around alive long enough to celebrate their 50th birthday.

I always thought, though, that the mindless misfits and useful idiots charged with commentating on the industry could at least have started and continued that whole posthumous birthday homage media and entertainment pay to all their dead criminal heroes and OD’ed drug addicts.

To read the entire post, visit UltimateWarrior.com.

-- With the "Donld Trump buys Raw" storyline in full force this week, word has come out that Vince McMahon has wanted to do a similar storyline in the past. According to ProWrestling.net, the reason Vince never went through with such a storyline until last week was that WWE officials feared such a storyline would have a negative impact on WWE stock. Their fears were realized last week after WWE stock took a serious hit the day after the Trump announcement. There was such confusion among shareholders after WWE & USA issued a press release announcing the sale on Tuesday that the USA Network issued a follow-up press release later in the week admitting the "sale" was simply a storyline. WWE stock closed today at $12.24 a share, the lowest it's been all month.

All 3 Brands At RAW, WWE Loses Trademark Dispute, Triple H
By Michael Bluth
Jun 18, 2009 - 1:56:24 PM

-- Monday's SmackDown & ECW house show that was scheduled for Valparaiso, Indiana has been pushed back to August 30. PWInsider.com is reporting that the move was made so SmackDown and ECW stars will be able to attend Monday's commercial-free RAW.

-- World Wrestling Entertainment has been involved in a multi-year trademark dispute with Muscle Flex Inc. over their "In the Raw" trademarks, which WWE claimed infringed on their "WWE RAW" property. Muscle Flex Inc. is now claiming victory over WWE after a ruling from the CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Office). From Reuters.com:

On June 18, 2008, the CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Office) issued a final decision that found certain wares listed in the WWE "RAW" trademark application 1,153,018 were confusingly similar and thus lacked distinctiveness from the "In the Raw" registered trademark, which Muscle Flex is in the process of acquiring. The WWE appealed the CIPO's ruling to the Federal Court of Canada, but failed to file the required documents by the deadline. On April 22, 2009, a Notice of Discontinuance was issued by the Federal Court of Appeals of Canada that formally ended the multi year trademark dispute.

-- After WWE RAW went off the air on Monday night, Triple H took young kid out of the audience and brought him into the ring to celebrate battle royal victory. The mother of that lucky kid has postd a message on Craigslist.com asking if anybody took pictures of her son in the ring. Click here to read her Craiglist post and find out how you can contact her.

Kennedy Jokes About His WWE Release, Former Porn Star To TNA?
By Michael Bluth
Jun 18, 2009 - 2:48:15 PM

-- Ken Anderson (formerly Mr. Kennedy) has posted a new video clip on his Facebook page making light of his recent WWE release. The video is labeled "Episode One" and has a "Stay Tuned for More" message at the end. The former WWE superstar is currently sitting out his 90-day no-compete clause and will officially be a free agent at the end of August. To see what Kennedy says about his current employment status, visit Facebook.com.

-- There has been some talk that California indy wrestling valet Trina is in talks with TNA Wrestling. Trina, who formerly worked in the "adult video" business, recently mentioned TNA on her MySpace page. It appears that there could be something to the rumors, because on last night's TNA Spin Cycle, Mick Foley was shown texting a woman named Trina. Foley has mentioned Trina on his own MySpace page before. You can check out yesterday's TNA Spin Cycle now at YouTube.com (Foley mentions her at the 1:40 mark).

World Wrestling Entertainment Quietly Releases Wrestler
By Daniel Pena
Jun 18, 2009 - 3:45:28 PM

Amidst the talent purge of developmental two Thursdays ago, World Wrestling Entertainment also released Matt Walsh, otherwise known as Joseph Canterbury in Florida Championship Wrestling. (Click here to view his promotional photo, which has since been removed from the official FCW website.)

Walsh confirmed the company's decision to let him go in a blog post on his MySpace account last Friday.

Walsh wrote: "If you didnt hear... I was released by WWE last week. This has been the biggest and most rewarding experience in my life. Although I will no longer be under contract I plan to continue my training and work on the things I need to so I can be a better and more rounded athlete to hopefully return in the future. Thanks to everyone in the WWE FCW and everyone who supported me!"

If you recall, Walsh is the model/bodybuilder WWE signed following a talent evaluation camp at Florida Championship Wrestling headquarters last fall.

Following the camp, Walsh continued honing his wresting skills. He would make his television debut on Florida Championship Wrestling in April, losing to Sheamus O'Shaunessy. Under the name Agent J, he soon joined Abraham Washington's camp as part of "The Presidential Security."

John Laurinaitis, WWE's Executive Vice President, Talent Relations, was in Florida for the weekly Florida Championship Wrestling television tapings when he made the roster cuts. Other developmental talent let go that fateful Thursday include Lupe Viscara, Kafu, Jon Cutler and Dakota "Maverick" Darsow. It is believed that at least two of the cuts were related to Wellness Policy violations, although they were not publicly announced.

Batista Accused Of Steroid Use, Victoria Not Benoit's Mistress
By Daniel Pena
Jun 18, 2009 - 5:39:39 PM

-- Irv Muchnick, author of Wrestling Babylon: Piledriving Tales of Drugs, Sex, Death, and Scandal, has confirmed in a blog post on his official website that Lisa Marie Varon (a/k/a Victoria) was not Chris Benoit's mystery "Diva mistress."

Muchnick's forthcoming book on Chris Benoit will investigate the suspicions of Nancy Benoit, Chris's wife, that he was carrying an affair with a "WWE Diva."

-- Muchnick has another blog post, this time looking at the suspicious nature of Dave Batista's most recent injury, entitled Batista, Master of the Torn Triceps ... And Bicep.

In November 2007, he headlined a blog post Batista, Master of the Torn Triceps to note two previous occasions in which he was stricken with that particular injury, which is common among steroid users whose disproportionate muscle mass overloads tendons. Shortly after forming the Evolution faction, Batista tore his tricep during a match at the March 1, 2003 live event in Reading, Pennsylvania. Then, a few weeks later during rehab, he re-tore it "in a freak accident while jogging with his wife," according to WWE.com. As a result, Batista would be sidelined until October of that year.

In last week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, editor Dave Meltzer said Batista's frequent injuries are definitely not just a case of bad luck.

Meltzer wrote: "Batista's frequent injuries are hardly just bad luck. It's a combination of age, physique, and likely a lot of muscle/tendon imbalances because he's so big and muscular at his age. Torn biceps are not like torn triceps, torn lats and torn abs, which are usually the signs of steroid-related muscle injuries. The biceps, being a small muscle that bodybuilders train heavy, will tear more frequently on steroids, but non-steroid using lifters often have problems with biceps tears. He looked to be high risk when he returned carrying noticeably more muscle mass than when he left, even though he’s now 40. His new look raised a lot of eyebrows and questions including rumors that this injury was a cover reason for a suspension. However, we were able to confirm the injury was real and you don't have surgery to cover a drug suspension."

Via e-mail, Muchnick asked Meltzer if he could make his comments regarding Batista a bit more clear because while his injury was announced as biceps, it doesn't mean that it wasn't actually his triceps.

Meltzer, who rarely goes on record to outright accuse a wrestler of steroid use (unless there is concrete proof), said Batista's latest injury was steroid related.

"Obviously, it was steroid related," Meltzer wrote in his e-mail to Muchnick, "but in fairness, guys not on steroids also tear biceps and not triceps."

To read Muchnick's blog post in its entirety, click here.

Muchnick further noted, "As soon as I can figure out what’s going on with this latest round of WWE drug PR, I'll blog further about it."

-- As reported earlier, last week's episode of Monday Night Raw drew a 3.61 cable rating with 5.40 million viewers overall. Here is a rundown of the rating:

The Intercontinental Championship match between Kofi Kingston and William Regal lost 464,000 viewers while Maryse's WWE Divas title defense against Kelly Kelly gained 75,000 viewers. Following the Divas match, the Santino Marella, Goldust and Festus vs. Chavo Guerrero, The Brian Kendrick and Jamie Noble match would lose 45,000 viewers. Successfully, The Miz's promo and non-match with John Cena due to Big Show coming out gained 748,000 viewers. At 10:15 p.m., the MVP vs. Matt Hardy match lost 75,000 viewers, which actually is not bad coming off a huge growth segment. At a time slot that is usually a ratings loser, Vickie Guerrero announcing her resignation as the General Manager of Raw and Edge coming out to belittle her gained 239,000 viewers. The segment drew a 3.86, which was the highest full quarter rating for the show. The Carlito and Primo vs. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes tag match following it lost 209,000 viewers. The final segment with Randy Orton getting a title shot against Batista and Triple H returning gained 1,122,000 viewers to draw a 4.47 overrun. Although, the segment went on so long that they attracted a number of viewers expecting to see the program following Raw. (source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Details On USA Network's Decision To Have Commercial Free Raw
By Brad Ingles
Jun 18, 2009 - 10:09:31 PM

WWE and USA Network started discussions of a commercial free Raw several weeks ago. The move to not air commercials during Raw is an experiment to see if it would result to higher ratings since a large percentage of Raw viewers switch channels during commercial breaks. The loss in the ratings battle to TNT's "The Closer" and other shows also help with the decision not to air commercials.

USA pays WWE $550,000 per week for the rights fees to Raw and makes a profit from selling commercial time. If there is no major jump in the ratings, expect the next Raw to air commercials.

WWE Diva Turns Babyface, Dusty Rhodes Rumor Killer, Chris Jericho
By Daniel Pena
Jun 19, 2009 - 3:45:43 PM

-- It would appear that Layla's feud with Eve is officially water under the bridge as following their match last night on WWE Superstars, no brawl ensued and instead, at the beckoning of Maria, the two rivals shook hands.

In a small spoiler for tonight's episode of Friday Night SmackDown, Layla, Eve and Maria are shown together in a backstage segment poking fun at Dolph Ziggler's name and later acting friendly with one another.

Hence, this leaves six babyface Divas on the blue brand, (Candice Michelle, Eve, Gail Kim, Layla, Maria, Melina) with only two heels (Alicia Fox and Michelle McCool). Based on the tremendous gap between babyfaces and heels on SmackDown, it would appear that someone will turn soon to help even things out.

Candice Michelle is due to return any week now as she announced on her Twitter account on Tuesday that she has been medically cleared to return to the ring. In an interesting coincidence, next week's SmackDown taping will take place in her hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

-- For the record, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes has not passed away. The rumor was sprung from baseball legend Dusty Rhodes passing away on Wednesday. Rhodes' passing has gotten some media attention and as the story is being passed on, it would appear that some people have confused him with the WWE Hall of Famer instead.

-- As reported earlier, Chris Jericho will make a special guest appearance Monday night on cable network Disney XD's Aaron Stone. The WWE Intercontinental Champion plays Billy Cobb, an Ultimate Fighter with a degree in Russian Literature who eventually fights side-by-side with teenage hero, Aaron Stone against the evil Omega Defiance. You can catch the episode at 9:00 p.m. (Article link)

Brock Lesnar Talks Steroids, Punishing Opponents (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Jun 19, 2009 - 2:40:15 PM

The latest issue of Maxim Magazine features an interview with UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar and you can read it online over at Maxim.com.

Earlier this week, Brock Lesnar was quoted in the UK Sun saying he's doing MMA for the money and it's just the job. In the Maxim interview, he set the record straight - he likes to fight. “I like to punish people," Lesnar said. “It’s a feeling you can’t get anywhere else, really. If I did it to somebody on the street, I’d get sued or arrested.”

Lesnar was asked about an interview he did with ESPN last year where he got pissed off after being asked about taking steroids. Lesnar told Maxim, “I bet you I’ve taken over 60 steroid tests. In college I had 15 random drug tests in two years. I’ve taken drug tests for the NFL, the WWE, the UFC. I must be pretty good at masking steroids. God gave me this body: Are you jealous of it or what? Give me a break. I got the genetics of—not to get into racism or anything—but I’m built like a black man. Would you say so?”

The Maxim interviewer brought up an issue that angered Lesnar during that ESPN interview, saying “There’s a difference between saying, ‘I’ve never tested positive,’ and saying, ‘I’ve never taken steroids,’” the Maxim interviewer pointed out. Lesnar responded, “How isn’t it the same thing? It’s all genetics. I wouldn’t say we’re all created equal. That’s just to make the other guys feel good who don’t have what you’ve got.”

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »

Pro Wrestling Extra: A conversation with Hulk Hogan
By
Jessi Virtusio
on July 7, 2009 7:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (1)

The Southland has been a buzz ever since Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day at Toyota Park was announced. Hopefully you read my pro wrestling column in last Thursday's (7/02) Fifty-Two Weekends since there was some information on this Friday (7/10) event set for Bridgeview. And this week's pro wrestling column in this Thursday's (7/09) Fifty-Two Weekends will feature some of my conversation with Hogan. He will discuss why he is making a rare autograph signing appearance, what will be in his upcoming book, and more.

For now, though, grab yourself a drink and soak up some of what the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Famer had to say about several subjects. Hogan discusses what his dream matches would be if he were to get in the ring one more time, what he has to say to those who might think the pricing for Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day is steep, and much more.

Dream matches

Many fans want to know if Hogan will ever get back in the ring.

"I'm trying to figure that out. I've had two back surgeries in the last five months. Just the middle of my waistline up and halfway down my back, it's so stiff that I just can't seem to get flexible. I'm trying to work through it. I'm 55 years old. With the knee replacements and hip replacements, I'm trying to not joke or fool myself. I'm trying to get a logical assessment," he said.

"I'm dying to do it. I'm dying to get in there. To me, it's fun to get in there. There has to be a talented wrestler willing to slow dance with me. I could go out there and pretty much do almost everything I could do before. I couldn't do the leg drop anymore because of my lower back. I could go out and have fun. It's going to take more time to see if I can get steady enough to even attempt something like that."

And just who would Hogan want to square off against if he had the chance?

"The match that everybody would love to see would be Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair," said Hogan, who picked that as his top dream match. "Everyone would love to see me kick Vince McMahon again. Hulk Hogan-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (is another match). Stone Cold's bragger's claim to fame is: 'I never wrestled Hulk Hogan.' I think he thinks he's God's gift to wrestling. It would be a tremendous match for the fans. If he can get on the same page with me and put ego out of the way, who cares who wins? It would be a match people would love to see."

Even though Hogan isn't in the ring anymore, that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the love for pro wrestling in his blood. And that is part of the reason why he is doing Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day.

"I've only done two or three autograph signings in my whole career really. I'm trying to get back out. There's no question of seeing the fans. There's genuine excitement that I just love. I was telling my girlfriend (Jennifer McDaniel) that I used to walk by the ring and touch it and get goose bumps," he said.

WWE and TNA

Hogan watches both WWE and Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling, which are considered the top two American pro wrestling companies.

"I watch both products. (TNA's) like the little engine that could. Everybody thought they wouldn't be around for long, and they've been chugging along for seven years. They gain momentum every week. They seem to be real fresh. When a lot of guys go over to that side of the fence, they seem to get a spring in their step," he said.

"I also watch Vince's product (WWE). Vince is the constant. He's the standard of excellence. I just love watching his show because you never know what he is going to do. Plus, the production -- you can't even touch his production. It's so dialed-in. It's amazing just to see how they put the pieces together."

Since Hogan was involved in a previous war between WWE and then-rival World Championship Wrestling, he does have an informed perspective of the war for fans between WWE and TNA.

"If you look at history, everyone says, 'History repeats itself.' With all of the choices in the universe of entertainment, I look at the big package and look at the big picture from 40,000 feet. I see history repeating itself. I see TNA getting strong. I see Vince McMahon being impeccable except for a few little holes in the boat," he said.

"TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field, the brand (that is) just as powerful as the WWE brand. (TNA's) lacking the big piece of the puzzle. It wouldn't matter who did what in the past. It will be a totally even playing field. You never know."

'Celebrity Championship Wrestling'

Hogan did have a wrestling show of his own in "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" on Country Music Television, and he hopes there will be a second season featuring a different take on training.

"We got too full of ourselves. We fell into that celebrity elimination formula. We should have followed our gut before. We should have went (with) the 'American Idol' type of peole that would leave their homes and families and sleep in cars to become wrestlers. We've been in constant talks (with CMT). We're trying to get the budget way down. The budget was huge. I think there was a real shot at maybe revamping that thing and making it bigger and better. Just how the crowd reacted, I had no idea that teaching a bunch of celebrities three moves in the first week (would go over so well)," he said.

"It was kind of like a drug. Once you get in that ring, there's this crazy positive energy once you realize that it's not that easy, that it can cripple you. Once the celebrities got in the ring, their whole personas droped off and their true competitive nature (kicked in). It was so weird to watch the arrogance and built-in egos that protect personas, fall away. They all wanted to do as best as they could. After a few days, I thought, 'We got something here.' ... It was just amazing how passionate people were and how bad they wanted to win."

Advice for aspiring wrestlers

As for young wrestlers who have dreams of attaining as much success as Hogan has, he said the love for wrestling has to be there first and foremost.

"It has to be your passion," he said. "If you want to do this, you have to really assess your situation. You have a family or kids that depend on you, and you really have to roll the dice. My job, my family, my quality of life -- you have to be willing to let all that go. The training is very intense. A lot of people don't understand it's lonely. It's hard. You're gone all the time. ... You have to give up everything to do this. Really take a good look at yourself. Decide if you want to roll the dice. Most people don't realize what they're getting into when they give this a shot. Be careful what you wish for. It could get crazy."

Family first

Although Hogan has had a number of legendary wrestling matches, it is his family, daughter Brooke and son Nick, who make him most proud. He chuckled when relaying that the recent Independence Day was filled with lots of family fun.

"This was the first Fourth of July that I didn't see the fireworks. My girlfriend was doing their hair. We were taking pictures and laughing our butts off," he said.

"Other than watching my daughter have her first song come on the radio and watching my son get his pro license for precision driving, watching my kids be born is the most important event of my life. The personal stuff goes before Andre the Giant at 'WrestleMania III', and 'WrestleMania X8' against the Rock. Everyone thought I was washed-up. It was because the fans were so loyal (that I came back). Those were milestones for me."

Fan Appreciation Day

Fans who attend this weekend's Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day will likely be mentioning their favorite moments from the Hulkster. Given the $99 fee for one photo with the attendee's camera and an autograph from Hogan (along with one autograph each with "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags), a number of local fans have been critical of the event's price tag.

"It's all relative. I guess you could pay huge amounts to watch an Ultimate Fighting Championship fight, and it can end in 30 seconds. I'm just going to try and get back to the fans, and this was up to Chris Sader (a longtime friend of Hogan) and Toyota Park to set the prices. If it's too inconvenient for fans, I'm sure there's going to be another time in the near future to see them. I really hope to see many people, and afterwards enjoy the matches," he said.

After the meet-and-greet with Hogan from 2 to 6 p.m., Toyota Park and Windy City Pro Wrestling will host "Legends Under the Stars," an 7:30 p.m. show that will feature several legends in action including Tito Santana and Al Snow. Hogan will not be wrestling at the evening event, but he said he might be in the audience.

"I think it will just be a good day to have fun. ... I just look forward to being up there and seeing all the kids come out. It should be a great day," he said. "After my autograph signing, there's a wrestling show that I'm not involved in at all. But I'm going to be sneaking around to watch. Some of my buddies are wrestling that night."

Keeping a positive outlook

Even with the turmoil that Hogan has been through recently, especially with his personal life splashed all over media outlets, he remains decidedly upbeat.

"I'm positive, if you're a good person and you treat people well, it's like a karma thing. If you're negative and hateful, you'll attract more of the same. I think people needed to realize, through all the craziness and stuff happening, how can I smile and take the high road? My whole life is turning around because I decided not to become a story. My life outside the ring and the turning point that happened to me a year-and-a-half-ago, it was probably one of the lowest points of my life. My wife and kids and all my dogs were gone. I just didn't really want to live anymore, but I picked myself up. ...

"I've been misused, spitefully misused by a lot of people. You have to bless those people and pray for those people. ... I got caught up in that. But all those journalists and all that negative writing and all that TMZ ends up on the bottom of a birdcage the next day. The only thing that matters is if you're a good person. I don't even watch the news because it's just all negative. That karma, I'm functioning on a much higher level. Once you rise above and function on that level, it's like breathing clean air. It used to affect me, but now it doesn't."

A longtime fascination

Like many who love wrestling, the fascination started at a young age for Hogan.

"I was watching it ever since I was a kid, 7 or 8 years old. I started with weights in high school. Tampa was a hot bed for wrestling. There was such a mystique. I just wanted to see how far I can go and got involved in it, and then it became my passion," he said.

When it comes to passion, Hogan said two of WWE's top talents fit that bill.

"There's two guys that I really love to watch -- John Cena and Randy Orton. I just love watching those guys because they understand the art form. They understand what this business is all about. There's more than just going out there and going through the motions," he said.

Even with all his injuries, Hogan has no regrets.

"It's been a huge part of my life," he said of wrestling. "I wouldn't change anything. It's been a great business, a great experience. If you're lucky to be one of those guys to have the instinct to really get in there and really live and breathe this business, it can be a lot of fun. And it can be a great lifestyle. You can't force it."

---

* For more of my conversation with Hulk Hogan, check out my pro wrestling column in Thursday's (7/10) Fifty-Two Weekends and also online after 4 a.m. that day at:

www.southtownstar.com/entertainment/firstlook/virtusio/index.html

mass 04

• Getbig V
Brian Kendrick Released
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
Good riddance to the skinny fat pothead

Brian Kendrick Released
July 30th, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Brian Kendrick as of today, July 30, 2009. WWE wishes Brian the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/briankendrickreleased

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Brian Kendrick Released
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2009, 04:10:31 AM »
Agreed. He was a useless tit and he had a really bad pot habit which i'm sure didn't help the matter.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
More on why Kendrick was released. PWI report below:

The latest victim of WWE's dreaded "future endeavors" announcement was The Brian Kendrick, and a PWInsider report sheds the first bit of light on the matter.

According to the report, Kendrick's release can largely be attributed to his backstage attitude and motivation as a performer. The internal feeling was that while Kendrick did what he was told, he carried a negative attitude and gave the impression that he did not deeply care about being there. WWE thus saw little potential for Kendrick to breakout as a valuable member of the roster and opted to sever its ties with the wrestler.

It remains to be seen if Kendrick's release is a compounded consequence of his behavior or if a specific incident brought WWE officials' concerns to a boil.

Sources are also quick to mention reports that Kendrick was one of WWE's most frequently-fined Superstars for marijuana use, although it is unclear if that played any role in his release--under the Wellness Policy, there is no punishment, beyond the fine, for using the drug.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »
Good riddance, I couldn't stand him or his character.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
Vince McMahon Frustrated With WWE Product
By Brad Ingles
Aug 2, 2009 - 1:23:49 AM

Since the recent injuries to WWE's top stars, Vince McMahon has been described as "on edge" and "unhappy with the product now." The lack of depth of main event talent is said to frustrate and worry Vince. WWE officials have been criticized for recent decisions and not working to elevate talent such as MVP and Jack Swagger. Both wrestlers have been highly praised and some have questioned why they were moved to Raw only to become midcarders.

Most within the company also feel the development system is doing a horrible job of producing ready talent, and the success in recruiting top athletes has declined.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
Vince McMahon Frustrated With WWE Product
By Brad Ingles
Aug 2, 2009 - 1:23:49 AM

Since the recent injuries to WWE's top stars, Vince McMahon has been described as "on edge" and "unhappy with the product now." The lack of depth of main event talent is said to frustrate and worry Vince. WWE officials have been criticized for recent decisions and not working to elevate talent such as MVP and Jack Swagger. Both wrestlers have been highly praised and some have questioned why they were moved to Raw only to become midcarders.

Most within the company also feel the development system is doing a horrible job of producing ready talent, and the success in recruiting top athletes has declined.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

He needs to start working with some of the smaller independent companies to give the younger guys somewhere else to hone their talents.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Another guy released
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2009, 06:00:17 PM »
Source: prowrestling.com

"WWE has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Ricky Ortiz as of today, Aug. 8, 2009. We wish Ricky the best in all future endeavors," said the WWE statement.

Didn't seem to get much of a chance.  They haven't done anything with him since he came over to SD from ECW.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

- Vince McMahon has been upset with the product as of late and has been heard complaining about the company's inability to create new stars. During a recent creative meeting, McMahon actually said, "G** D*****! WHY CAN'T WE CREATE NEW STARS?"

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »
WrestleMania Celebrity Rumored To Host Raw In 2 Weeks
By Michael Bluth
Aug 13, 2009 - 10:47:06 AM

There's been a lot of news coming out this week regarding future guest hosts for Monday Night Raw. It was announced on Raw that actor and former WWE writer Freddy Prinze Jr. will host next week's show.

Earlier this week, news broke that former Raw General Manager Mike Adamle would be returning to guest host the show in 2 weeks on August 24th. Adamle is currently a sports anchor and reporter for Chicago's NBC affiliate WMAQ-TV and announced on the air that he'd accepted an invitation from WWE to host Raw on 8/24.

Now, word is coming out that there may be a different guest host when Raw rolls into Las Vegas on the 24th. According to PWInsider.com, there's buzz going around the WWE office in Stanford, CT that boxing champ Floyd "Money" Mayweather is rumored to be hosting that show - not Adamle.

Mayweather lives in Las Vegas and has a big fight against Juan Manuel Marquez on September 19th to promote.

Rumor Killer On RAW Host, Ted Dibiase On His Father, Cody Rhodes and more
By Amish Patel
Aug 13, 2009 - 9:15:08 AM

- It has been recently rumored Jerry Springer may be hosting WWE RAW due to him being spotted in Stamford, CT, however this is only due to 'The Springer Show' moving its tapings there from Chicago. (Credit - PWInsider.com)

- Legacy member Ted Dibiase was recently interview by The Peoria Journal Star and below are some of the highlights:

Teaming With Orton: It has skyrocketed my career. He is just incredible. He is one of the top guys. People hate him but they will pay money to come see him and hope he gets his butt whooped. He knows the business and how to be successful. That is exactly what we are doing.

Slapping His Father On RAW: Not at all. I've been waiting to slap my dad in the face for a long time. I loved it (laughs). Yeah, I guess afterward I may have felt a little guilty, but it wasn't too hard.

Teaming With Cody Rhodes: (Laughs) They are proud fathers in any way you look at it. They were Nemesis back in the day, but we come from a blood line of wrestlers. That's our lineage, and we are a new generation and a new breed and era, so we'll make our own decisions. I like Cody. We get along very well. We have good chemistry in the ring. Teaming with Randy Orton has put the icing on the cake.

Latest On Ricky Ortiz, Hulk Hogan Mentioned On PTI, Buff Bagwell, Matt Bentley
By Daniel Pena
Aug 12, 2009 - 8:57:22 PM

-- It was announced this morning that Ricky Ortiz, who was released by WWE over the weekend, will be competing against "Glamour Boy" Shane Sewell at the WWC's "Summer Madness" event in Puerto Rico this Saturday. Click here for more information.

In another Ortiz tidbit, his profile was removed from the SmackDown section on WWE.com this afternoon.

-- Hulk Hogan received a birthday shout-out during today's "Happy Birthday" segment on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption. The sports television program is often quite positive towards wrestling and today was no different as they mentioned his rise to prominence in the industry and work on Hogan Knows Best. Hogan turned 56 years old yesterday.

-- The following was sent in: What's up guys,

Be sure to check out this weeks edition of Hit The Ropes Radio on blogtalkradio.com/hittheropesradioshow or at www.hittheropes.com.

We had an exclusive interview with former WCW and WWE star Buff Bagwell! He talks about wrestling the independent circuit, his desire to return to TNA or WWE and why he thinks he's better than some of the current stars in wrestling.

Also check out hittheropes.com to enter the Smack The Mic contest!

Thanks for the continued support,

Demetrus
www.hittheropes.com

-- After a hiatus, former TNA wrestler Matt Bentley has resumed his wrestling career as he is looking for bookings. Promoters interested in booking him should contact bentleybookings@ymail.com.

After doing job duty to Vladimir Kozlov in his WWE in-ring television debut last year, Bentley reportedly had a tryout at Florida Championship Wrestling's headquarters in Tampa. WWE opted against signing the cousin of Shawn Michaels to a contract and he temporarily left wrestling in order to form a band named "Lost in Chaos" with his friends.

Jericho Appearing In SNL Movie, DiBiase Recalls Slapping His Father, SvR 2010
By Michael Bluth
Aug 13, 2009 - 12:46:01 PM

-- THQ has launched the official website for WWE's upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 video game at Smackdownvsraw.com. Virtually everything on the site says "coming soon" and there's a countdown clock (set to expire in one week) teasing a first look at this year's game, which will be releaed in the fall.

-- Ted DiBiase, Jr. was recently interviewed by the Peoria Journal-Star and was asked whether slapping his father on national television several weeks ago was the hardest thing he's had to do yet in WWE. "Not at all. I've been waiting to slap my dad in the face for a long time. I loved it (laughs)," DiBiase said. "Yeah, I guess afterward I may have felt a little guilty, but it wasn't too hard." The slap came after the Million Dollar Man booked his son to face fellow legacy member, WWE Champion Randy Orton. For more, visit PJStar.com.

-- Chris Jericho will be appearing in the upcoming "MacGruber" feature film based on a popular recurring Saturday Night Live sketch. SNL cast member Will Forte stars as MacGruber, a takeoff on the popular 1980s television show MacGyver. IMDB.com calls the MacGruber character "a bumbling secret agent whose lack of skill and abundance of personal problems serve as a detriment to him -- and those around him." Hollywood heavyweights Val Kilmer and Ryan Phillippe will also have roles in the film, which is currently filming in New Mexico. Chris Jericho just wrote on Twitter, "Chilling in my trailer on set preparing for my scene...lion face lemon face lion face lemon face."

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
Just in case anyone cares, Eugene has been released. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »
Speaking to UK tabloid newspaper "The Sun", WWE Champion Randy Orton revealed he is upset with the again released Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore. Below is what he had to say:

"Eugene was just given a second chance."

"He came back two weeks ago and came in a little heavy from where [management] wanted him to come in."

"Nick is a good friend of mine. I pulled some strings to get his job back and he comes back all overweight."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:21 AM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

In an interview with the Dragon Gate USA website promoting his debut for the company against CIMA on September 6th, former WWE wrestler Brian Kendrick comments on his release from his previous employer for the first time. Kendrick said he's happy to not to be in WWE anymore as a comedy heel designed to "make old men laugh." While he plans on incorporating some of what he learned in WWE into his wrestling style on the indy circuit, he will ultimately wrestle in a style that pleases himself. Kendrick summed up his time in WWE by saying neither side was compatible. Kendrick said: "I had some fun in WWE, I learned a lot, made some friends. It's a corporation, I am a human. This human didn't fit into the corporation's plans, and that corporation didn't fit with my human side. I had some laughs, but I am awfully happy the ride is over, and I don't want back on."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »
Former NWA, WCW & WWE World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair still hasn't returned any of the advancement payments owed to Ring of Honor back when he pulled out of his on air role with the company as "ROH Ambassador" last May. There is also said to be another company where Flair did business with over the last year that is also owed payments as well. While there has been talk of a possible lawsuit, nothing has been filed and it isn't expected that anything will develop.

As reported on earlier, a recent film deal about Flair's life didn't end up happening as his new management team were demanding executive producer credits and even blew off a meeting with the screenwriters hired. The production company that was interested in financing the project decided to drop out as a result of this situation with Flair's new management team (which isn't The Gillespie Agency who Flair fired a few weeks ago that had been representing him for some time now).

Flair's actions as of late has definitely gotten many people talking about how said it is to see his behavior as of late with so many business deals never fully developing. There still remains no interest from WWE to bring him back. As reported on a few months ago, Flair was given an offer by WWE to become the General Manager of Smackdown. However, Flair decided to turn the deal down. Flair's one-year no compete regarding TNA Wrestling just expired, but Flair has openly stated he has no interest in working for them. One theory is that Flair could be putting all of his future success on his current deal with the North Carolina Lottery (which starts September 22) and that he could be ignoring other deals for the time being

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

The Daytona Beach-Journal spoke with TNA President Dixie Carter about the new deal with Spike TV. Discussion of Jeff Jarrett came up, and Carter started that he would be back sooner rather than later. Jarrett is working on TNA projects from home.

The Baltimore Sun also spoke with Carter. Here are some highlights:

On Kurt Angle: "I can talk about it to some degree because it's an ongoing legal case. I was briefed on the details of what happened, and I also know that people are innocent until proven guilty. And I think just like most sports franchises these days, they let the legal system do what they do best and you await the outcome. And that's what we did."

On Her Creative Control: "I've had more and more input as of late, but I'm also the type of person who puts people in place, and as long as structure is being followed and we're seeing positive results, I like to let people try to do what they do best. I don't pretend to be a wrestling booker, but I do know when we're having success, because a lot of other parts of the business are impacted by that, as well as our relationship with the network. We've made a lot of changes this year over the last six or seven months and we're starting to really see positive changes in ratings, and we're just ready for those to continue to grow."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »
According to Pwinsider.com, former TNA Knockouts champion Angelina Love has been released by TNA. The reason for the release is that there was some form of issue with her work Visa either expiring or not being properly renewed. Love has been working under the Visa that she was issues when she got her WWE developmental deal. Due to her not having the proper paper work, TNA was said to have their hands tied, since they cannot legally use her without the proper paperwork complete.

It will be interested to see how TNA handles the situation, as Angelina Love and Velvet Sky had advanced to the finals of the Knockouts tag title tournament, which will conclude at the No Surrender PPV. Love and Sky, forming The Beautiful People, have been the top heel act on the Knockouts division since they formed their alliance.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2009, 04:14:18 AM »

In an update to the earlier story on The Great Khali and Big Show's backstage fight over the weekend, apparently there has been some underlying heat between the two for some time now as Big Show has been upset that Khali uses some moves in the ring that Show feels should be exclusive to him "as a giant."

Another account of the fight says that they were arguing for a few minutes before Big Show threw the first punch. Khali blocked it "exactly like he does in the ring" and they began fighting. That's when Show slipped on someone's bag and went down. Khali then mounted him before they were broken up.

Some backstage felt that Big Show was at fault in the situation.