Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 757168 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »
Vince wanted to do a merchandising deal where WWE would get the rights to the Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania names.

Man, I can't believe Hulkster didn't jump at that one. ::)

edit: I wonder how accurate many of the TNA/Hogan stories out there really are.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
Man, I can't believe Hulkster didn't jump at that one. ::)

edit: I wonder how accurate many of the TNA/Hogan stories out there really are.

He won't ever sell his own brand name thats he make a living.  No one would ever buy tickets to go watch some guy name Terry wrestle....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2009, 05:34:18 AM »

He won't ever sell his own brand name thats he make a living.  No one would ever buy tickets to go watch some guy name Terry wrestle....

Yep.
That’s why I question the legitimacy of a lot of these “reports.”
I can’t see the old man believing that Hogan would even CONSIDER surrendering the rights to his name, image, and likeness.
Even for a lucrative lump sum, I think the Hulk Hogan character is worth more to Hogan than the price he would get “selling” it to Vince.

Look how long & hard he fought to secure the rights to use the name “HULK” without having to cut a check to Marvel.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2009, 11:28:10 AM »
Tonight's WWE SmackDown, What is Hulk Hogan saying about TNA?
By Brian Cantor
Oct 30, 2009 - 12:59:15 AM

-- The MSN TV preview for tonight's WWE SmackDown: "At Bragging Rights, what provoked the vicious attack of Rey Mysterio by Batista?"

-- Though public reports continue to maintain that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff will not have indoctrinated creative power under the TNA umbrella, Hogan has been telling friends and wrestling peers something to the contrary.

F4WOnline.com says that Hogan is telling wrestlers he hopes to recruit that, regardless of what is said publicly, he will be calling the shots in TNA--he will have more influence than anyone (including Bischoff), with the exception of Bob Carter, who is the financial power behind the company.

-- WWE's latest Hulk Hogan DVD is still advertised as going on sale in November. It is not clear if WWE will pull the plug on the release.

Hogan Says He's Going To TNA To Teach The Lost Art Of Pro Wrestling (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Oct 30, 2009 - 12:22:10 PM

Even if you didn't follow pro wrestling in the 1980s, you would recognize Terry Bollea. With his white-blond ponytail, bodybuilder physique and ever-present bandanna, the man better known as Hulk Hogan (as well as Hollywood Hogan, the Hulkster, the Incredible or simply Mr. America) has ruled the ring since 1984, when he won his first World Wrestling Federation championship. He's been called the industry's "first big iconic star" (Vince McMahon Jr.) and "the greatest of all time" (Muhammad Ali), and he remains the only pro wrestler to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. In his new memoir, My Life Outside the Ring, Hogan talks about everything from his first break (literally) in the business to his VH1 reality show Hogan Knows Best and the tabloid chaos that followed the end of his 23-year-long marriage.

How has your family reacted to the book?
I don't know. A friend asked about my wife and whether she's read the book and I said I really hope she has because her publicist is already responding for her. I talked with my son about it, and I talked with my daughter. They haven't read it yet, but they understand why I wrote the book. [After the divorce], I hit rock bottom. A lot of people didn't realize that with the carpet being pulled out from under me in such a short time frame I got to such a bad place. [But] I woke up and realized life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living. People are having a tough time nowadays and I wanted to pass the story along and say, "Hey, don't give up. Life is good. Just keep believing and pushing and things will get better."

The release of your book coincided with the announcement that you're getting back into the business, and not for World Wrestling Entertainment.When I woke up and realized I should be my own man and be responsible for being happy, I realized I still have a lot to contribute to the wrestling business. And jumping into TNA [Total Nonstop Action] and being a part of that company is huge. I have a chance to give back and help these young wrestlers who don't understand the business and the art form.

Why do you think this younger generation has changed?
The business moves so much faster now. It used to be if Andre the Giant and I had a feud, it'd probably play out six or seven months later at a big event. Nowadays, if Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan have a feud at 9 o'clock, it's usually over by 9:30. It's a story-telling art form to create emotion and drama and I just think a lot of that is lost.

You played bass guitar for nearly 10 years before becoming a wrestler. What was the switch like?
After watching wrestling for 20 years, I thought I had enough confidence to do it. There were no wrestling schools at the time. There were just six or seven huge 300- or 400-lb. wrestlers in a room, and to get in the business you had to take the livelihood away from one of them, take their place. So when I first went into the ring, they exercised me until I was ready to faint. And then they broke my leg.

I couldn't believe that was your first experience.
That's the way it was 30 years ago. I was a huge fan. We call them "marks." They hang around the wrestlers and all of a sudden go, "Oh my gosh, I want to be a wrestler too." So it was like an unwritten law of camaraderie or fraternity of wrestlers that you protected the business. If anybody dared say wrestling was fake, you'd punch 'em. And you never used the word show. If you used the word show it was an insult.

How do you feel films like The Wrestler have affected the popular perception of the industry?I thought it was great film, but as far as capturing the wrestling business it was a snapshot of a very small percentage of ex-wrestlers. It's not really how every wrestler ends up. It wasn't as intense as what the business is all about. And Mickey Rourke making so much drama out of cutting himself with a razor blade. Making a phone call from the dressing room is harder than cutting yourself with a razor blade. I've done that thousands of times.

In your book, you talked about steroids — how they were legal and really common when you first started out.
I just drank an iced tea here with lunch. If next year they say iced tea is worse than steroids, I'll probably quit drinking that too. But at the time it was legal, just like drinking an iced tea is legal. The baseball players, the football players, the hockey players — everybody I knew in every professional sport was using it to up their game, or to heal injuries, or to stay at their peak. And everybody thought it was safe.

You also mentioned that what the baseball industry is facing as far as government regulation is nothing like what pro wrestling faced in the early '90s.
The baseball thing is a joke. This has been a problem in baseball for as long as I can remember. I've got a lot of these guys' rookie cards and if you see the size of their necks and forearms compared to their size when they were first signed, it's pretty obvious that they've got a problem. For some reason everyone else has been under the microscope — wrestling, football, the Olympics — and now all of a sudden the baseball industry is going, "We had no idea," which is just insulting.

What do you think, looking back, about your decision to star in a reality show?
I think the show was good for our family. I was praying and hoping that it would be the glue that would keep my marriage together, but my marriage was already totally unraveled by the time we started filming.

What do you think about your daughter having her own reality show now?
I think it's a great vehicle if you want to be in the entertainment business to keep you visible. I'm not saying she should live and die by being a reality star, but I mean it beats just sitting at home waiting for something to happen.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...933311,00.html

Concern Over Edge's Return for WrestleMania, WWE's New Hogan DVD
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:13:16 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As of last word, WWE was still scheduled to release the Hulk Hogan DVD set this week but people in the company wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon yanks it.

Posted in: WWE
Mickie James Hires Image Consultant, WrestleMania 26 Pre-Sale Party, Edge
By Amish Patel
Oct 30, 2009 - 12:22:11 PM

- Happy birthday to Edge who turns 36 years old today.

- There will be a special WWE WrestleMania 26 pre-sale party at Westgate City Centre from 6-10PM on Friday, November 6, giving fans the opportunity to purchase tickets for the PPV. Chris Jericho and Kelly Kelly will also be there to sign autographs.

- To help her pursue a country music career, WWE Diva Mickie James recently hired Nashville-based image consultant/stylist Lori Bumgarner. Here is a photo of the pair backstage at the Grand Ole Opry.

JR Blog: Lance Cade's WWE Return, Health Update, Heyman & Lesnar
By Marc Middleton
Oct 30, 2009 - 3:26:47 AM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- We got some medical tests back this morning which eliminated me having MS which was a relief. We had been waiting on that news for over a week. We have more tests scheduled next week as the process is essentially trying to eliminate issues that I might have but likely don't. The waiting process gets a little stressful and my wife is a Saint for putting up with my orneriness as patience isn't a virtue for yours truly.

- Good to see Lance Cade regroup and get back with WWE. Cade has size, athletic ability and the potential to be a really top hand and I hope that he makes it. Many of us have received second chances, or more, in our lives and I am a strong believer that second chances are a good thing. I hope that Lance realizes his dreams of becoming a main event level, WWE star and on a personal level I would love to see Cade in an issue with his mentor Shawn Michaels down the road.

- Did you know that Paul Heyman "consults" Brock Lesnar on selected projects? Strategic move by Brock who doesn't like to deal with matters of this sort. I hope the UFC Champion gets well soon and enjoys the holidays while preparing for his next fight tentatively scheduled for January 2010. If I'm still on IR, or whatever, I might try and make that one in Vegas.

Jim Ross Speaks On Bragging Rights, DX/Jeri-Show Feud On Horizon and His Health
By Amish Patel
Oct 26, 2009 - 10:17:25 AM

- Jim Ross' has a new blog up at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/ - below are the highlights:

* Surprising night for Smackdown. I would have lost my bet in that I was suggesting that one take Raw and lay the points. Shows what I know.

* A Jericho/Big Show vs. DX issue looms one would assume.

* Fatal 4 Ways can only have so many agendas and the biggest thing to come out of the World Title Match was the Batista-Mysterio issue which should make for some interesting Friday Night Smackdown. The big, disgruntled bully against the smaller underdog seems to be a dog that will hunt.

* I throughly enjoyed the 60 Minute Ironman Match and that was the match that I would have most loved to have participated in from an old school perspective. Cena and Orton rose to the occasion, in a physically demanding environment and told a magnificent story to bring the PPV to the close it needed. Loved the physicality and intensity as "going the hour" is a challenging piece of business. Cena is unquestionably and obviously the "Face of WWE" which is no revelation but was certainly reaffirmed Sunday night. Orton has raised his game to an extraordinary level and he's still not nearly as good as he is going to be considering his age and what lies ahead for the third generation wrestler. That's a scary thought.

* On a personal note, I am scheduled to get my MRI results late Monday afternoon of which I feel exprememly confident that I'll get good news.

WWE Says WrestleMania Brings Big Money To Host Cities (Press Release)
By Michael Bluth
Oct 26, 2009 - 12:05:55 PM

WWE issued the following press release today:

WrestleMania Makes Close to $50 Million for Host City

STAMFORD, Conn.--(Business Wire)-- World Wrestling Entertainment announced today that The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania generated a $49.8 million dollar economic windfall for the greater Houston area, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation. Despite one of the biggest economic downturns in recent history, local and state governments collected $5.7 million in taxes. This follows the $51.5 million of economic impact WrestleMania XXIV brought to Orlando.

"Having the opportunity to host The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania was a huge honor and success," said Greg Ortale, President and CEO of the Greater Houston Convention & Visitor`s Bureau. "The direct expenditure demonstrates that WrestleMania is indeed economically on par with the world`s greatest sports and entertainment offerings."

"Our overarching goal with our public and private sector partners is to consistently provide positive economic impact for WrestleMania`s host communities and establish a lasting pro-social legacy, "said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events for World Wrestling Entertainment.

A capacitycrowd of72,744from all 50 states, 24 countries and seven Canadian provinces attended the pop culture extravaganza. Key highlights from the study included:

* $49.8 million of direct, indirect and induced impact derived from spending by non-locals visiting specifically for The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, equating to 600 full time jobs for the area.
* During WrestleMania Week, 86% of out of state, overnight visitors who came in for the festivities, stayed in local Houston area hotels. 67% stayed for three nights or more.
* Nearly 75% of fans that came to The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania from outside of Houston traveled by air.
* 23% of the fans that came from out of state were from California and New York.
* Nearly 65% of the fans that attended were between the ages of 10 and 34.

Next year, WrestleMania XXVI will take place March 28, 2010 from University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Tickets go on sale Saturday, November 7 at 10 AM MT through the University of Phoenix Stadium box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000. The event will be broadcast live on pay-per-view, and viewed in more than 100 countries.

Enigma Research Corporation is an international consulting firm which specializes in measuring the economic impact of special events. Enigma`s economists developed a customized model which converted expenditures into economic impact, employment created and taxes generated as a result of the event.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media company and recognized leader in global entertainment. With programming broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages, WWE provides 22 hours of weekly PG-rated programming domestically, in addition to 14 pay-per-views a year. Each week, 16 million people tune-in domestically to see WWE Superstars and Divas on Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown, ECW, and WWE Superstars` with millions more internationally. WWE holds more than 300 live events, entertaining over two million fans a year. The company`s brand extends across multiple platforms including: WWE Studios; WWE.com and WWEKids.com; WWE Magazine and WWE Kids Magazine; licensed merchandise; music and home entertainment. In addition, WWE "In Your Corner" is WWE`s charitable arm that focuses on literacy programs, civic engagement, military support and a 20+ year partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. More information on World Wrestling Entertainment can be found at http://corporate.wwe.com/

Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, copyrights and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
Mickey Rourke Wants to Wrestle for WWE, Recap of McCool on 'Fifth Grader'
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »

By Marc Middleton
Nov 5, 2009 - 3:11:03 PM

Sources: PWInsider.com and The Sun

- Eric Sturrock sent the following: Michelle McCool was on Smarter Then a 5th grader. McCool fell back to $2,500 twice on the show. In the final question she had $12,000 going in. McCool went for the final question for $125,000 if she got it wrong she would fall down to $2,500. The question was "What Animal is featured on the great seal of the United States? McCool answered "The Great Seal". The correct answer was The Bald Eagle. The show donated $2500 to the Make A Wish Foundation for her. Wasn't McCool a school teacher?

- The UK Sun today reports that actor Mickey Rourke wants another shot with WWE. This time Rourke wants to wrestle. Apparently he wanted to wrestle Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 25 but a contract he had for Iron Man 2 filming prevented him from doing so.

Biographer Sandro Monetti, author of a new book about Rourke titled "Mickey Rourke: Wrestling with Demons" told the Sun:

"Mickey has great respect for WWE owner Vince McMahon and says he is the man who turned wrestling from a sport for fat guys in speedos to a contest for superfit athletes."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Mickey Rourke Wants to Wrestle for WWE, Recap of McCool on 'Fifth Grader'
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
Mickey's time in the sun is over as far as wrestling. 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
MTV Star Hosting WWE's Monday Night RAW Soon, Update on Booker's Student in WWE
By Marc Middleton
Nov 5, 2009 - 1:44:34 PM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- Steve Slocum, the student from Booker T's wrestling school that WWE signed, debuted in FCW recently under the name Jackson Andrews. They are billing him at 7 foot 1 inches and 340 pounds.

- Nikki Bella announced on her Facebook today that Rob Dyrdek of MTV's Fantasy Factory and Rob & Big show will be hosting RAW in the future.

WWE Notes on Lauren Mayhew, Chris Jericho/Twitter and more
By Amish Patel
Nov 5, 2009 - 1:36:57 PM

- Lauren Mayhew and Vance Archer have been added to the ECW roster page.

- Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter last night:

"Hey you ever wonder...wait am I gonna get in trouble?"

- Dinner Impossible on the Food Network will have a WWE-themed show on November 11th, featuring The Miz, Jim Ross and others.

Investors like WWE earnings, WWE secures big partnership, Live events update
By Brian Cantor
Nov 5, 2009 - 11:49:29 AM

-- As of press time, WWE's stock was trading at 14.14, which marks a 4.42% increase over yesterday's close. While the broader market was up by about 1.5%, a portion of the price rise can undoubtedly be attributed to WWE beating earnings estimates and forecasting solid growth going forward.

-- In a conference call for its own earnings statement, WWE videogame partner THQ confirmed that it has renewed its license with the wrestling company through 2014. Under terms of the deal, THQ will apparently develop more WWE titles to capitalize on additional market opportunities.

-- With PPV revenue down year-over-year for Q3, it was live event revenue that drove the noteworthy increase--revenue rose from $20.3 million to $27.2 million. A good portion of that increase can be explained by an additional 5 international events; higher foreign event revenue comprised for $5.8 million worth of the incrase.

Brock Lesnar's Mystery Illness Revealed, Fight Postponed Again
By Michael Bluth
Nov 5, 2009 - 10:48:49 AM

UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was forced to pull out of his November 14th title defense against Shane Carwin because of illness. After some initial speculation that Lesnar had been suffering from the H1N1 virus (commonly known as swine flu), there's an update to the story.

MMA site BloodyElbow.com is reporting that UFC champion Brock Lesnar is actually suffering from mononucleosis, a viral disease that causes fatigue. It had been rumored that Lesnar would fight Carwin in January, but those plans are now off.

Shane Carwin has commented on the situation on his website:

WWE Changes Their Business Outlook - Plans To Cut More Costs (Press Release)
By Michael Bluth
Nov 5, 2009 - 10:19:33 AM

Following the release of WWE's third quarter financial results, the company issued the following statement this morning:

WWE, Inc. Announces 2009-12 Business Outlook
Expects 15% to 20% Earnings Growth

STAMFORD, Conn., Nov 05, 2009 -- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) today issued a revised business outlook, targeting average annual earnings growth between 15% to 20% over the 2009 through 2012 period. The revised outlook is based on a comprehensive review of the Company's operations.

Vince McMahon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We believe we can achieve meaningful growth by strengthening our global expansion and television distribution, leveraging our new partnership with Mattel and continuing to improve operating efficiency. Through disciplined cost management, we expect our operating leverage to deliver outstanding earnings growth with even moderate increases in revenue."

George Barrios, Chief Financial Officer, added, "WWE's projected earnings growth reflects our focus on producing superior economic returns on the capital invested in our business and thereby creating value for our shareholders."

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) can be found at http://wwe.com and http://corporate.wwe.com/. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Notes:
1 The outlook above does not include the impact of any future merger or unplanned restructuring charges, the impact from sales and acquisitions of operating assets and investments, or the impact of taxes on the above items, that may occur from time to time due to management decisions and changing business circumstances. The Company is currently unable to forecast precisely the timing and/or magnitude of any such amounts or events.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
PPV Buyrates Revealed For SummerSlam, Breaking Point, Night of Champions
By Michael Bluth
Nov 5, 2009 - 9:54:26 AM

World Wrestling Entertainment has announced its 3rd Quarter 2009 financial results. You can read read the full report at Shareholder.com. The report is chock full of financial news that we'll be covering here throughout the day, but here's some data on WWE's pay-per-view buyrates from the third quarter:

* WWE Summerslam 2009 drew 369,000 PPV buys, down from 477,000 in 2008.

* WWE Breaking Point reported 169,000 buys. Last year's Unforgiven PPV, which Breaking Point replaced this year, did 211,000 buys.

* WWE Night of Champions reported 267,000 buys, up from the 196,000 buys that The Bash did in the same quarter last year.

Overall, WWE made $14.5 million in PPV revenue during this year's third quarter, down 10% from Q3 2008.

Truth on reports of Steve Austin possibly going to TNA, Latest on other names
By Brian Cantor
Nov 5, 2009 - 9:33:54 AM

When news broke that other names of pro wrestling prominence were expected to join Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in signing with TNA, Steve Austin's name jumped to the top of speculation lists.

But, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is virtually no chance of it happening.

Austin is reportedly still under some sort of WWE contract that essentially pays him big money to not wrestle or otherwise perform for competing promotions.

Further, all sources maintain that Austin still does not want to impact his potential Hollywood career by getting into bed, full time, with a wrestling company.

-- Other names being discussed, according to F4WOnline: DDP still maintains that a TNA debut is not in the works, although his latest philosophy is that if his indy work goes well in the next few months that he might sign with TNA due to his friendship with Bischoff...as LordsofPain.net reported, JBL remains uninterested in a TNA deal...Nothing has been added regarding talk of Rob Van Dam being on a TNA/Hulk Hogan shortlist.

Kevin Nash Responds To Rumored TNA Suspension Claims
By Amish Patel
Nov 5, 2009 - 8:07:54 AM

- There have been strong rumors that Kevin Nash has been suspended from TNA after strongly criticizing the way the company handled Chris Sabin's ring injury last week. Regarding this, Nash has responded with a statement on his Facebook page:

"Thought I would clear up some internet bullshit. The reason I did not receive a letter from T.N.A was because this matter was discussed between President Dixie Carter and myself. I promise you it cost me money not a paid vacation at my beach home. I understand Dixie's reason for the action she has taken but stand by my reaction to what at the time appeared a serious neck injury to [Sabin]."

Names Being Discussed & Rumored for the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame
By Marc Middleton
Nov 5, 2009 - 1:55:23 AM

- For what it's worth, names that have been discussed the most lately for the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame are Ted DiBiase, the Road Warriors, Demolition and Slick.

There are a lot of rumors about Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger and The Honky Tonk Man being inducted also. Ron Simmons is also said to be a possibility.

Out of all these names, Ted DiBiase is considered the strongest possibility.

Vince's Reaction to the Hogan iMPACT Rating, WWE Wins Awards, Big Show, Bearer
By Marc Middleton
Nov 5, 2009 - 1:44:47 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- You can now follow Big Show on Twitter at twitter.com/no1knucklehead.

- The WWE website has added Paul Bearer to the Alumni section.

- WWE won an Outstanding Achievement in Web Development award from the Web Marketing Association recently for their WrestleMania website that was put up earlier this year. The SummerSlam sub-site from this year won a Gold W3 Award also, in the entertainment category.

- At a WWE creative meeting this past week, TNA ratings were brought up for the first time in a while. Apparently Michael Hayes brought up the low quarter-hour of last week's iMPACT with the Hulk Hogan announcement. Sources there say Vince's response was simply, "Ouch."

Rumor control on Big Show story, ECW rating, Post 'Mania plans
By Brian Cantor
Nov 5, 2009 - 1:19:27 AM

A scathing ESPN article on "Knucklehead," the upcoming WWE Films project starring The Big Show, has come under fire not for its obvious anti-WWE Films bias but for allegedly making a mistake in calling the film an MMA-themed movie.

While the MMA claim does contradict initial reports that the film would revolve around professional wrestling, it does not contradict WWE Corporate's statement on the film: "Written by Tom Sullivan & Bear Aderhold and Adam Rifkin, “Knucklehead” follows the on-the-road adventures of a trio of misfits – a naïve giant and church orphan-turned-amateur fighter Walter Krunk (BIG SHOW); former mixed martial arts champion-turned-manager Eddie Sullivan (MARK FEUERSTEIN); and church aide-turned-chaperone, Mary O’Connor (MELORA HARDIN) – fighting their way across the south to the annual Pro-Am mixed martial arts tournament in New Orleans."

This week's ECW posted a 1.0 rating.

The post-WrestleMania edition of WWE RAW will be held at US Airways Arena. Tickets go on sale December 5.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
By Marc Middleton
Nov 5, 2009 - 3:11:03 PM

Sources: PWInsider.com and The Sun

- Eric Sturrock sent the following: Michelle McCool was on Smarter Then a 5th grader. McCool fell back to $2,500 twice on the show. In the final question she had $12,000 going in. McCool went for the final question for $125,000 if she got it wrong she would fall down to $2,500. The question was "What Animal is featured on the great seal of the United States? McCool answered "The Great Seal". The correct answer was The Bald Eagle. The show donated $2500 to the Make A Wish Foundation for her. Wasn't McCool a school teacher?

- The UK Sun today reports that actor Mickey Rourke wants another shot with WWE. This time Rourke wants to wrestle. Apparently he wanted to wrestle Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 25 but a contract he had for Iron Man 2 filming prevented him from doing so.

Biographer Sandro Monetti, author of a new book about Rourke titled "Mickey Rourke: Wrestling with Demons" told the Sun:

"Mickey has great respect for WWE owner Vince McMahon and says he is the man who turned wrestling from a sport for fat guys in speedos to a contest for superfit athletes."
                                    rourke should wrestle flair for a years supply of geritol, got that vince can you say main event at wrestlemania. cha-ching.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
Michelle McCool doing well there!   ::)  I'm not American and I knew that, so I must be smarter than a 5th Grader!

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2009, 04:47:57 AM »
Mickey Rourke belongs nowhere near a wrestling ring. End of story.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »

A slight bump in ticket sales

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
Linda McMahon Says WWE Had "Significant" Steroid Problem (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Dec 7, 2009 - 7:15:18 PM

In an interview with political website TheHill.com, former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon spoke about a number of topics pertaining to pro wrestling. McMahon acknowledged that steroids were a "significant problem" in WWE back in 2006 before the company relaunched its drug testing program. She says WWE's Wellness policy is "as good as it can be for today. But as technology advances and more is known and developed, we’ll continue to develop our policy, as we have done over the years.”

"Unlike football or baseball or basketball, where steroids can actually enhance performance, they do nothing to enhance performance in WWE,” McMahon said. She added that its mostly about a wrestler’s “charisma, the ability to connect with the audience, and how successfully they can act and perform within the storyline.” No mention about the long standing culture of freakishly muscular wrestlers getting pushed or the increasing pressure for wrestlers to stay in shape and maintain an HDTV-friendly physiques.

WWE legends Superstar Billy Graham and Bruno Sammartino have been very outspoken towards Linda McMahon since she began her Senate campaign. Graham recently told the Hartford Courant, "She may look like a Sunday school teacher, [but her] hands are as bloody as her husband’s, because she is aware of every move in the ring.” Linda called Graham a “self-confessed liar” and dismissed Sammartino as someone who has “still got sour grapes because he didn’t make as much money as the guys today are making." She said, “You’re going to always have the old-timers who are going to come out and say [things],” she said. “It’s just not like that.”

Segment Still Planned for RAW Tonight, WWE Star Talks About Becoming US Citizen
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:44:51 PM

Source: PWInsider.com

- At last word this weekend, the little people's court segment with DX and Hornswoggle was set to take place on tonight's RAW from Dallas.

- WWE Superstar Vladimir Kozlov went through with the Oath of Allegiance in Florida today to become a US citizen. Kozlov said to FOX Tampa, "Oh to be a U.S. citizen has been like a dream for long time. When I was raised and born in Russia, I had [a] dream to come to United States because U.S. [is a] land of big opportunity. If you work hard, you can reach whatever you want."

Two Hollywood Guest Hosts Announced For RAW In January
By Amish Patel
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:20:18 PM

- The following was announced by World Wrestling Entertainment today:

Jan. 18, 2010 Raw Guest Hosts: Jon Heder & Don Johnson
Stars from the soon-to-be-released film When in Rome, Jon Heder and Don Johnson, will take center stage on Raw on Jan. 18 from Knoxville, Tenn. Known mostly from his role as the discomfited and unintentionally humorous main character in Napoleon Dynamite, Heder enjoyed tremendous success this decade in a variety of comedies. Johnson, meanwhile, who became a popular television icon in the 1980s when starring in the hit series Miami Vice, continues to be an admired Hollywood actor. Their new film is set to be released in theaters on Jan. 29.

Cena vs. Jericho For WWE Championship, Details On Low Ki's WWE Debut, more
By Amish Patel
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:09:54 PM

- The synopsis for WWE Studios project "Big Red" is below:

"In 1965, as the world changes all around him, 12-year-old Andy Nichol comes of age when he's asked by his favorite teacher, Mr. Simon, to partner with school outcast Big Red for an English assignment."

- Chris Jericho vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship is being advertised for the RAW taping from Columbus, Ohio on 1/25.

- As of last week, the creative plan was for Kaval (Low Ki) to debut under a mask.

NEWS > WWE > 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| More
WWE Talent Upset At Missing Iraq Tour, Former Diva Supports Gay Marriage
By Amish Patel
Dec 7, 2009 - 12:34:43 PM

Source: Wrestling Globe Newsletter

- Several WWE talents, including Diva Mickie James via her Twitter page, voiced their disappointment over not being booked for the Tribute to the Troops show in Iraq. With last week's show taped at the Balad Airbase in Iraq, the roster for the show was finalized months in advance as all talents are subject to FBI screening. Also, with all the production equipment and crew, there is limited space on the cargo plane.

- Former WWE Diva Lilian Garcia recently did a photo shoot for the No H8 campaign in support of same sex marriages.

Mickie James CURVEY ASS - Dedicated PHOTO GALLERY + *Spoilers* For RAW Tonight!

TNA Planning MAJOR Surprises For January 4th - Full Details (RVD? Flair?)

Linda McMahon Says WWE Had "Significant" Steroid Problem (Interview)

*SPOILER* for WWE RAW Tonight

Segment Still Planned for RAW Tonight, WWE Star Talks About Becoming US Citizen

Two Hollywood Guest Hosts Announced For RAW In January

Cena vs. Jericho For WWE Championship, Details On Low Ki's WWE Debut, more

WWE Talent Upset At Missing Iraq Tour, Former Diva Supports Gay Marriage

WWE Releasing a DVD Set on Shawn Michaels' Greatest Matches, Ted DiBiase News

WWE Superstar Taking Oath of Allegiance Today, WWE on Bluray News, Rey Mysterio

Batista Launches New Energy Drink, Tonight's RAW Main Event, The Marine 2 Extras

JR Blog: Umaga's Passing, Sheamus Reaching the Next Level in WWE and More

WWE Releasing a DVD Set on Shawn Michaels' Greatest Matches, Ted DiBiase News
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:07:22 AM

- Ted DiBiase will be signing copies of The Marine 2 at Kmart in Birmingham, Alabama on January 16th from 1-3pm. DiBiase will also be signing copies of the movie at Kmart in Columbus, Ohio on January 26th from 6-8pm.

- WWE will be releasing a three-disc DVD set for Shawn Michaels on March 9th, 2010. The set will contain Shawn's 25 greatest matches. The DVD has a runtime of 540

WWE Superstar Taking Oath of Allegiance Today, WWE on Bluray News, Rey Mysterio
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:01:04 AM

- Rey Mysterio will be signing copies of "Behind the Mask" at the Kmart in New York City on Thursday, January 21st from 5 to 7pm.

- WWE is releasing the 2010 Royal Rumble pay-per-view in standard DVD and Bluray formats. This is the first time a WWE pay-per-view event besides WrestleMania has been released on Bluray outside of Europe.

- Tampa Bay Online reports that WWE's Oleg "Vladimir Kozlov" Prudius will be taking the "Oath of Allegiance" at the Tampa Convention Center in Florida today. Kozlov will be there with 413 other people from over 74 countries to take the oath.

Batista Launches New Energy Drink, Tonight's RAW Main Event, The Marine 2 Extras
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 4:56:04 AM

- Batista was in the Phillipines this weekend to help launch a new energy drink called Xplode. Apparently he has some involvement in the company. Batista told Philstar.com that there is a movie coming out in 2010 that he has a small part in.

- Extras for WWE's The Marine 2 DVD with Ted DiBiase will include a look at the making of the movie, how Ted DiBiase got the role and an interview with his father, The Million Dollar Man. The movie hits stores on December 29th.

- Tonight's RAW from Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines Arena will see Mark Cuban as the special guest host and feature the main event of DX vs. Chris Jericho in a Handicap match. Remember to join us later tonight for full coverage from Dallas.

Posted in: House Shows
WWE Supershow Results from Monroe, LA 12/6/09
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 4:52:52 AM

WWE Supershow Results
Monroe, LA - December 6th, 2009
Report by Chui, Matforums.com

- Tony Chimel is the ring announcer.

- Hurricane, Tommy Dreamer, Goldust and Alex Riley vs. Ryder, Archer, Zeke and Chavo Guerrero (with Rosa). Goldust over Ryder at 10:56 with his spinning brainbuster.

- Savannah is in the stands to quiz fans for front row seats. Question was where is Mania next year. Kid got it right.

- Sheamus cut promo. Sheamus vs. Bourne.

- Sheamus defeated Evan Bourne in 8:39 with the razor's edge.

- Jack Doane and Scott Armstrong alternate as referee.

- Christian vs. William Regal for the ECW title. Christian wins at 13:10 with the killswitch. Very good match.

- Place is fullest I've ever seen for wrestling. About 75% full.

- Drew McIntyre cuts a promo. McIntyre vs. Jimmy Wang Yang. McIntyre in 9:04 with a double arm DDT. Crowd was apathetic for this.

- Swagger vs. Kingston. Kingston is OVER. Kingston wins in 10:30 with the Trouble In Paradise after avoiding Swagger's Doctor Bomb.

- Chimel plugs the merchandise table. Some kids from the crowd display some shirts in the ring. Intermission.

- Jillian is guest ring announcer for Beth vs. Mickie. Jillian sings jingle bells until the bell rings to stop her. Jillian Hall's singing legit hurt my ears.

- Mickie James defeated Beth Phoenix in 6:51 with a swinging DDT.

- Legacy vs. Matt Hardy and Kane. Matt's pop in Monroe is usually huge, but today's wasn't as big as Kane's or Kofi's. Crowd is hot for this one. Kane over Rhodes in 13:59 with a chokeslam.

- Chimel thanks us for coming. Main event is Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a falls count anywhere match.

- Lots of heat for Orton and a deafening pop for Triple H. Orton brings in steps. Hunter does a drop toe hold onto the steps. Pedigree. Legacy runs in. Kofi makes the save. RKO to Kofi. Hunter hits Orton with the sledge hammer for the win at 16:50. Hunter and Kingston celebrate.

Big Taker Spoiler, Backstage TLC News, Amazing

JR Blog: Umaga's Passing, Sheamus Reaching the Next Level in WWE and More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 4:44:53 AM

Here are some highlights from JR's latest blog on jrsbarbq.com:

- The sudden passing of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu certainly put a damper on the weekend as Eddie's death on Friday came as a total shock to me. Eddie had moved his family to Houston a while back as many WWE performers now base out of the Houston area and some of them actually are neighbors. Nonetheless, when I think of Eddie I think of the many, many conversations that we had over the years and how they usually ended up with Eddie talking about his wife and children.

- Apparently, the #1 contender for the WWE Title Sheamus is getting a strong reaction on the road while the days are being counted down until the TLC PPV where the young Irish lad challenges John Cena for the WWE Title in a Tables Match. Getting to and staying put at the next level is not an overnight process and takes time. How much time? Good question. It depends on the talent and said talent's presentation and tools with which to work.

- Heard from Steve Austin this week and had to give him a football update as Steve and crew are really working hard trying to finish his current film in the cold, outdoor environment of Vancouver by Christmas. Apparently, this film is particularly physically demanding and has a provocative, action adventure plot.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
Dixie Carter Says 3-Hour Special Is "First Shot" At WWE, Crew Return From Iraq
By Amish Patel
Dec 6, 2009 - 10:18:01 AM

- TNA President Dixie Carter posted the following message via her twitter page:

"Hogan to debut Jan 4 in a live 3 hr iMPACT! special up against Raw. How's that for a 1st shot? Spread the word."

- The WWE contingent that went to Iraq for the annual Tribute to the Troops returned yesterday morning. For the crew, they were returning from the Middle Eastern heat to a snowstorm in Washington, DC.

News on Hulk Hogan, TNA vs. WWE, TNA will be live Jan 4, Official Press Release
By PainLord
Dec 5, 2009 - 10:09:19 PM

Hulk Hogan is at the UFC Ultimate Finale tonight, and he just officially announced that TNA will be Live on Monday Night Jan 4 as "they will go to war with the WWE" as he said. It was an interview with Joe Rogan. TNA President Dixie Carter and Eric Bischoff are at the show as well.

From Ryan in Baltimore MD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While watching The Ultimate Fighter finale, Hulk
Hogan was in attendance. Also, Joe Rogan did an interview with him and Joe asked
Hulk if he is ever going to step back in the ring, to which Hulk replied, "On
January 4th, TNA Impact! is going head to head against WWE on Monday night. You
never know when the red and yellow will hit the ring again".

- Kevin

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1836/84/

HULKAMANIA IS COMING BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT ON “TNA iMPACT!” LIVE JANUARY 4 ON SPIKE TV

Hulk Hogan’s First Live Appearance On Spike TV’s “TNA iMPACT” Will Be In A Special 3-Hour Live Episode Monday, January 4 At 8:00 PM ET/PT

The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, will make his first live appearance on Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling’s “TNA iMPACT!” in a live 3-hour special on Spike TV Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Hogan and TNA President Dixie Carter attended “The Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights” Finale in Las Vegas where Hogan made the announcement in an interview with Joe Rogan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will be going against “WWE Monday Raw” on USA Network, the first time two wrestling companies have broadcast live head-to-head since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW. This “iMPACT!” special will broadcast live from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl.

Hogan’s first appearance inside the six-sided ring of TNA Wrestling will follow weeks of speculation after Hogan and Carter announced their partnership on October 27 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Hogan has hinted in various media interviews that he’ll have multiple surprises in store for TNA Wrestling fans.

“I knew when I signed with TNA, that it would be important to make a statement with the first episode. Going head-to-head on January 4th, makes the statement loud and clear: Game on!” Hogan said.

“TNA is kicking off 2010 in the biggest way possible with the biggest name in the history of our sport. Hulk Hogan is a pop culture icon, and his arrival will change not only TNA, but the entire professional wrestling landscape. We’re firing that first shot,” Carter said.

Joining Hogan for the three-hour live “iMPACT!” will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Boss” Bobby Lashley and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will resume its normal timeslot on Thursday, January 7th at 9:00 PM ET/PT with an encore viewing of the live “iMPACT!” special.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1836/84/

NEWS > WWE > 

| More
Superstars Rating, Matches for WWE's Troops Tribute, Theme for WWE's TLC, Arn
By Marc Middleton
Dec 5, 2009 - 2:45:50 AM

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- This week's edition of WWE Superstars on WGN America scored an 0.9 rating. The replay later on scored an 0.2.

- Arn Anderson has been added to the WWE Alumni pages.

- The official theme song for WWE's Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view is Bullet Soul by the band Switchfoot.

- The following matches were taped for WWE's Tribute to the Troops special that airs on NBC: MVP vs. Chris Masters, Mark Henry & Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk & Carlito, The Miz vs. John Morrison and Chris Jericho vs. John Cena.

R-Truth also makes an appearance as Santa Claus with the WWE Divas. According to reports, Vince McMahon did not make an on-air appearance at this year's show.

iMPACT Rating, Updates on Hulk Hogan's iMPACT Debut, TNA's New TV Show and More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 5, 2009 - 2:35:56 AM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- TNA's action figures by Jakks Pacific will be released in July of 2010.

- This week's edition of TNA iMPACT on Spike TV scored a 1.0 rating.

- There is no timeslot or date confirmed yet for the TNA Epics series that will debut on Spike TV in January. The show has previously aired in the UK and is made up of older TNA matches.

- As noted before, the plan is to have Hulk Hogan debut at the January 4th TNA iMPACT tapings. Bubba the Love Sponge said yesterday on his show that Hogan would indeed be in attendance at those tapings in Orlando.

The Complete Interview With Dixie Carter, Comments On Hulk Hogan's TNA Debut
By Amish Patel
Dec 5, 2009 - 2:31:29 AM

- During an extended interview with Mike Tenay, Dixie Carter commented on Hulk Hogan's potential debut:

"I know everybody has been asking and we're all anxious," Carter said regarding Hogan. "but that question will be answered with in days. I promise."

Carter was also asked if she prefers the TNA product to be labelled as pro wrestling or sports entertainment:

"TNA is pro wrestling," she said. "I don't care what you try to call it, we are a wrestling company and our entertainment revolves around wrestlers wrestling and we're proud of that... Why does wrestling have to be such a dirty word?"

On Thursday's TNA "iMPACT!" (12/3/09) on SpikeTV, an exclusive interview aired with TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter in which she discussed Hulk Hogan, Sting, Jeff Jarrett and the future of TNA Wrestling. You can watch the complete interview below, including Dixie Carter answering fan questions from Twitter:

Why Has Carlito Been Off WWE TV So Long? RAW Day After WrestleMania 26
By Amish Patel
Dec 4, 2009 - 9:13:29 AM

- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the reason for Carlito's absence from WWE TV was because of "something bad that [WWE is] trying to keep quiet." It had been rumored that Carlito had not been on television because creative simply had no plans for him.

- "WWELIVE" is the pre-sale code for the RAW the day after WrestleMania 26, which will emanate from the US Airways Arena.

TNA Monday Rumors Continue, Hulk Hogan Changing the Six-Sided Ring?, More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 4, 2009 - 8:18:48 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Prowrestling.net

- It's interesting to note that the DVD cover for "End Game" which starred Kurt Angle and former TNA Knockout Jenna Morasca promotes Angle as a WWE star with no mention of TNA. There is also no mention of Jenna's run in wrestling.

- Despite being advertised on the TNA Genesis poster, sources say Hulk Hogan is not expected to wrestle at the show. Hogan has been advised to hold off on wrestling for TNA until the time is right and the build is right.

- While nobody from TNA or Spike TV has teased this, people who are being recruited by the Hogan and Bischoff side are still under the impression they will be airing on Monday nights beginning January 4th or at least that the January 4th date will be live on Monday.

Hogan has also been telling people he wants to get rid of the six-sided ring. There is also confidence that Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair will eventually come to TNA with Hogan.

Mark Cuban vs. Randy Orton and Legacy on This Coming Monday's RAW in Dallas?
By Marc Middleton
Dec 4, 2009 - 8:00:59 AM

- DallasNews.com is teasing that Mark Cuban may be wrestling at RAW this coming week as he will be the special guest host. Cody Rhodes has challenged Cuban to get in the ring at this week's show. It looks like they are playing off the RKO that Randy Orton gave Cuban back in 2003.

"We've had some guest hosts like Bob Barker who couldn't get in the ring, but Mark Cuban is a pretty active guy," Rhodes said. "I suggest that if he wants to get some payback on [Orton], he bring a couple of Cowboys or Mavericks to the ring on Monday and put his money where his mouth is. We'll have an old-fashioned six-man tag match."

Cuban's response to the paper: "What makes them think I would need any help? Orton got lucky one time. It won't happen again."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
Jim Ross Blog: HBK Retiring At WrestleMania, His Health, Mark Cuban
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 4:02:06 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:

HBK Retiring at WrestleMania: "We get emails all the time with fans assuming that WM26 will be HBK's last Wrestlemania. I have not heard that confirmed whatsoever and if it is true wouldn't one think that WWE would be preparing to make it a HUGE deal? In my mind's eye, Wrestlemania season officially launches at the Royal Rumble. I am excited about the Match 2010 release of the next HBK DVD which is a countdown of Shawn's Best Matches. Good luck in narrowing that list down to a three disc set."

Ross on his own health: "It's back to the doctor's today for me as I will be seeing a Rheumatologist today which is a first. I had to go on line to find out what a Rheumatologist does in their world of specialty medicine. However, I'm feeling better every day and remain upbeat and optimistic that I have not called my last match and that my next one might be sooner than some expect."

Mark Cuban: "Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban likely got cheered in the only major arena in America as the controversial, young billionaire is essentially one of the most vilified individuals in pro sports. Cuban is defiant, has been fined by NBA Commissioner David Stern many times and basically has been caught on TV court side acting like a tool. Nonetheless Cuban did a solid job on Raw and one could tell that the Mavs owner keeps up with the product or was tremendously prep."

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu Reportedly Headed Back to WWE Before His Death
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 2:03:36 PM

- The Sun reports that the late Eddie "Umaga" Fatu was set to return to WWE by the end of the year of early 2010 had he passed a screening test. One source expected Umaga to return at the Royal Rumble.

Umaga had two strikes against him with WWE and was released this year after refusing to enter rehab. Had he returned to WWE, his previous two offenses would have remained.

F4Wonline.com also reports that Hulk Hogan wanted to bring Umaga to TNA following the Hulkamania tour last month. Apparently Umaga told people there was no way he was going to TNA and he was headed back to WWE

WWE Superstar Responds to Twitter Reports, Story Behind Maryse Fainting on RAW
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 1:59:31 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- As seen on RAW last week, Maryse looked to faint after her Divas tag match with Melina and Gail Kim. The story behind her falling is that she was just really tired and blown up. She went to do her signature hair flip and realized she wasn't on the hard camera side so she just laid down and laughed about it.

- In response to the recent report that WWE talent weren't allowed to Tweet after midnight or talk about other promotions, Gregory Helms posted the following last week on Twitter: "Uh-oh! Tweeting after midnight! Don't believe everything you read kiddies. I even watched TUF tonight. Oh no!!!! This might blow the Tiger Woods story away!"

John Cena's New Movie, Former Superstars Blast Linda McMahon
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 12:57:24 PM

- The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that several Hollywood names have joined the cast of WWE Films' next project, Brothers Keeper, starring John Cena. THR writes:

"Patricia Clarkson, Devon Graye, Madeleine Martin, Danny Glover and wrestling champ John Cena have been cast in "Brother's Keeper," a PG-rated family drama from WWE Films. Mel Damski ("Mischief") will direct a screenplay by John Posey about a teenage boy (Graye) who tries to reunite his mother (Clarkson) and estranged older brother (Cena) 10 years after the death of their father, a state college wrestling legend. A brilliant student with no apparent athletic talents, the teenager decides to join the high school wrestling team as a way to pull the family together.

- Politico.com has an article up that paints former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon in a very negative light. The article includes quotes from several former WWE employees, who say it would be downright wrong for McMahon to reach such a high position of power in the United States government. Here are some quotes:

Joanie "Chyna" Lauer: “If there is a race to Capitol Hill, I hope she gets knocked off before she even starts."

Bruno Sammartino: “I would not vote for her because I know what she contributed to the wrestling world with her husband. The vulgarity, the nudity, the profanity, all that kind of crap — it bothers me.”

Llarry Zbyszko: “If the people in Connecticut are stupid enough to elect Linda, that’s their problem."

Superstar Billy Graham: “This campaign is the height of hypocrisy. I believe the voters and citizens in Connecticut deserve to be told the truth. In no way does she have a rightful place in the U.S. Senate. The fact that we were out there experiencing trauma and drawing in untold millions for the company [means] we should have at least had some sort of health insurance.”

The Blue Meanie: "We’re the guys out there sacrificing ourselves. You’d think they’d throw us a bone. Sometimes you wondered if they saw their employees as humans or farm animals It was like being in the circus. You’re shipped here, perform there; it’s almost like you’re disposable.”"

WWE’s lack of health insurance is at the heart of the wrestlers’ grievances. They allege that McMahon and her husband, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, ran a billion-dollar company that provided no health insurance for the wrestlers who put their bodies on the line to help turn the WWE into the global phenomenon it is today.

Posted in: TNA
Hulk Hogan Comments On Jeff Hardy, RVD & Kennedy Going To TNA (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 12:06:54 PM

Thanks to reader Andrew for sending in the following live report of Hulk Hogan’s Monday appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show:

– Interestingly, he made mention of Rob Van Dam and how over he was in WWE. He said “politics” was the reason RVD was never as successful as he should have been.

– When Bubba mentioned Jeff Hardy, Hulk said he would “love to have Jeff Hardy” in TNA.

– Hulk said he has not spoken to Randy Savage or Scott Hall.

– Hogan said he has not spoken to Vince Russo. He once again said that if Vince Russo is able to come up with a great idea he would listen.

– He once again squashed rumors that he was only coming to TNA as a talent. He said that he would be the booker in TNA.

– Hogan said the writers will be in a “secondary position” in TNA and that if the workers have to have the writers to get over then they can “head up north [to WWE] where everything is scripted.”

– Hulk put over Umaga and Mr. Kennedy [Hulk called him Mr. Kennedy, not Mr. Anderson] saying they “tore it down” in Australia.

– Hulk told a story about when he was wrestling in San Francisco and met a then 3-year-old Eddie “Umaga” Fatu.

–Hogan said that the night before Umaga died, he spoke with him and told Umaga he would love to involve him in his plans for TNA, and that was the last time he ever spoke to him.

– Bubba mentioned that today is Ravishing Rick Rude’s birthday. Hogan put Rick over and said that he was really good friends with him. They spoke about some other topics including Hogan’s divorce and the Tiger Woods situation but that was the extent of the TNA and wrestling related topics that were covered.

Interesting Championship Stat on John Cena, WWE Goes Big on Yahoo in 2009
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 12:07:34 PM

- WWE was the number three most-searched term on Yahoo in 2009 behind Michael Jackson and Twilight.

- If John Cena is the WWE Champion through January 14th, 2010, he will enter the top 15 North American wrestlers in the last 60 years who have held a major version of a World Title for at least 1,000 days.

Another Raw Guest Host Revealed, Bischoff Taunts WWE, TNA Remembers Umaga
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 11:50:58 AM

-- The guest host for the final WWE RAW of 2008 on December 28th will be rapper and music producer Timbaland, according to PWInsider.com. Timbaland will be promoting his new album, "Shock Value II."

-- Eric Bischoff, who is joining Hulk Hogan in partnering with TNA Wrestling, has posted a message on Twitter hyping the upcoming Monday Night iMPACT! special on January 4th with a little jab at WWE. Bischoff wrote, "Was anxious to make the announcement about the Jan 4 debut. Been in the works for more than a month and a tough one to keep quiet..s*its on!" To read more of Eric Bischoff Twitter posts, click here.

-- At Monday's TNA iMPACT! taping from Orlando (airing this Thursday on Spike), Team 3D and Homicide paid tribute to Umaga with messages on their wrist tape.

WWE Talent Cuts a Heel Promo Before RAW, Update on DX & Hornswoggle, Superstars
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 11:27:12 PM

- WWE has released Hornswoggle's very own DX t-shirt for sale on their shop website. Speaking of DX and Hornswoggle, no word yet on why the little people's segment didn't air this week but it looks to be scrapped altogether.

- Jack Swagger vs. MVP was taped for this week's WWE Superstars before RAW tonight.

- The dark match before tonight's RAW in Dallas saw Chris Masters defeat Alex Riley with the Masterlock. Riley, wearing a letterman's jacket, cut a promo before the match about how he beat people up in high school and now does it for money in WWE.

Tonight's SmackDown/ECW Tapings, Umaga-WWE Notes, New WWE DVD Packages
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 3:12:03 AM

- WWE is selling a DVD, t-shirt and dog tag package for The Marine 2 and a DVD & t-shirt package for the World Heavyweight Championship DVD on their shop website for $24.99.

- WWE has added Umaga to their Alumni roster.

- WWE will tape tonight's ECW with this week's Superstars and Friday Night SmackDown tonight in Houston, Texas. Announced for SmackDown this week is a street fight between Batista and Rey Mysterio. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk for the World Title is also being advertised. It will be interesting to see if WWE airs the Umaga video package that was being put together since it didn't air on raw.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »
- Politico.com has an article up that paints former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon in a very negative light. The article includes quotes from several former WWE employees, who say it would be downright wrong for McMahon to reach such a high position of power in the United States government. Here are some quotes:

Joanie "Chyna" Lauer: “If there is a race to Capitol Hill, I hope she gets knocked off before she even starts."

Bruno Sammartino: “I would not vote for her because I know what she contributed to the wrestling world with her husband. The vulgarity, the nudity, the profanity, all that kind of crap — it bothers me.”

Llarry Zbyszko: “If the people in Connecticut are stupid enough to elect Linda, that’s their problem."

Superstar Billy Graham: “This campaign is the height of hypocrisy. I believe the voters and citizens in Connecticut deserve to be told the truth. In no way does she have a rightful place in the U.S. Senate. The fact that we were out there experiencing trauma and drawing in untold millions for the company [means] we should have at least had some sort of health insurance.”

The Blue Meanie: "We’re the guys out there sacrificing ourselves. You’d think they’d throw us a bone. Sometimes you wondered if they saw their employees as humans or farm animals It was like being in the circus. You’re shipped here, perform there; it’s almost like you’re disposable.”"

WOW!
They all happen to be people who are bitter towards Vince.
Shocker!

Ya know...
Before making any important political decisions that will affect your way of life, these are the people you should first consult:

Graham – drug abuser… 
Chyna – drug abuser & junkie/amateur porn star…
Meanie – didn’t he do a stint in rehab, too? 

I still say Bruno is just bitter over his kid not making it in the biz.
Larry is Bruno’s buddy, and maybe a little jealous himself that he never had that big run in the Fed.

I’d rather hear from some political analysts, economists, etc…
Give me Ben Stein or Wolf Blitzer - anyone who's somewhat intelligent and doesn't have a personal grudge against the McMahons.

WTF credentials does CHYNA have?
What light could she possibly shed on the political arena?

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »

WOW!
They all happen to be people who are bitter towards Vince.
Shocker!

Ya know...
Before making any important political decisions that will affect your way of life, these are the people you should first consult:

Graham – drug abuser… 
Chyna – drug abuser & junkie/amateur porn star…
Meanie – didn’t he do a stint in rehab, too? 

I still say Bruno is just bitter over his kid not making it in the biz.
Larry is Bruno’s buddy, and maybe a little jealous himself that he never had that big run in the Fed.

I’d rather hear from some political analysts, economists, etc…
Give me Ben Stein or Wolf Blitzer - anyone who's somewhat intelligent and doesn't have a personal grudge against the McMahons.

WTF credentials does CHYNA have?
What light could she possibly shed on the political arena?

If you step back an think about it OUT of all the people that have ever worked for VINCE an LINDA those 5 wwef superstars in question are probably broke, they wont work real jobs an they'll do anything to book a tv spot on a talk show in order for them to get their rent money in check...........

wolfgang

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »
 ;)

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2009, 07:59:10 PM »
Mickey Rourke belongs nowhere near a wrestling ring. End of story.
He didnt belong in a boxing ring either   ::)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »
Correction and the real story behind UFC moving its PPV to WrestleMania weekend
By Brian Cantor
Dec 14, 2009 - 11:51:38 AM

Though a report claiming UFC has decided to move its UFC 111 pay-per-view from 3/13 to 3/27 is correct in principle, the context of the report offers a very misleading perspective on the matter.

While it is true that the new date places the Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy-headlined event on the same weekend as WrestleMania 26, there is more to the story than some wrestling outlets are suggesting. The event, which features one of UFC's most popular fighters in GSP, will make an impact on WrestleMania 26's buyrate, but UFC insiders, unlike the wrestling media, are not ignoring the fact that it will be a two-way street. WrestleMania is a stable annual performer for WWE, and its presence that weekend will return the favor by making a dent in the UFC show's performance.

More important is the fact that the original 3/13 date would have tentatively put the UFC show head-to-head with the planned Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao boxing match. UFC 103 was dominated in the buyrate game when it went head-to-head with Mayweather's last fight, and this particular boxing show will do more than twice as many buys (likely setting the buyrate record). GSP might be a bigger draw than UFC 103 headliners Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort, but he will not be able to overcome a boxing PPV of that magnitude.

The feeling is that a two-week barrier was the bare minimum needed to minimize the boxing show's effect on the buyrate, and even that might not be enough.

Plus, as F4WOnline.com noted, UFC President Dana White has cracked that he too wants to see the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight and thus would not want to program against it.

Jim Ross On Sheamus' Shock Title Win, How One Big Feud Lost Momentum and more
By Amish Patel
Dec 14, 2009 - 11:44:33 AM

-- The blog section of Jrsbarbq.com has been updated, with the highlights below:

Sheamus Winning The WWE Championship: "Sheamus upsetting John Cena to win the WWE Title was a MAJOR shock to me. I mentioned in an earlier blog on Sunday that I liked surprises, especially surprises that are logical and believable, and this surpirse was that and more and really caught me off guard. Good stuff. It reminded me somewhat of many years ago when Stone Cold was red hot and he lost the WWE Title to Kane in a 'First Blood' match. Sheamus' victory is a huge and bold step in the right direction for another, young talent. It will be interesting to see what sort of publicity is generated in Ireland as a result of Sheamus becoming the WWE Champion."

Orton vs. Kingston Feud: "Funny...but it seemed to me watching at home that the Orton-Kofi issue was hotter a few weeks ago than it was Sunday night on PPV. It just might have been the crowd getting restless or looking ahead to the TLC bout. However, I thought the match was really solid and I was surprised that Orton won. Nonetheless I think that Kofi accounted himself well and is 'this close' to being perceived as a full time main eventer. Even if Kofi had won I would have said the same thing. It just takes time to get to the next level but I do feel that Kofi has had some outstanding exposure on Raw the past few weeks especially around the time Kofi defaced Orton's NASCAR."

Last Night's Three-Man Announce Team: "The three man announce booth is challenging especially when the three man team doesn't regularly work with each other. I enjoyed the announcing of the trio tonight better than I did at the Survivor Serieswhich would indicate that Cole, Lawler, and Striker were more comfortable working with each other in San Antonio. 'Comfort' and 'finding one's zone' are crucial when broadcasting live TV."

CM Punk Talks About Luke Gallows, His Success In WWE and more
By Amish Patel
Dec 14, 2009 - 9:18:40 AM

-- To promote the 12/19 WWE Tribute to the Troops special on NBC, The Miami Herald featured an interview with former World Champion CM Punk. Below are the highlights:

Luke Gallows: "Luke Gallows means money to me. It's the beginning of something. Who knows where it's going to be in six months. It's a different direction. I get to play a little bit more of a role of a teacher which is something I think I'm good at -- if somebody actually wants to listen. It's fun. I get to wear a lot of different hats now. It's interesting."

His WWE Success: "I've always just done my best and work really, really hard. Sometimes it pays off. Well, actually, it always pays off, but sometimes the pay off is immediate, and sometimes, even though you tried your best, you worked your a** off at something, it doesn't come your way. I get back on the horse and ride."

Tribute to the Troops: "When any TV show we do goes into production, they're always looking for moments. You hear the term WrestleMania moment. They're always looking for sound bites or clips they can put together in a video package that makes what we do really stand out, and without words convey why you should come to a WWE show, why it's exciting, why it's pop culture. When we go to Iraq or Afghanistan, there are so many sound bites and so many three second video clips of pure raw emotion. It's hard to leave stuff on the cutting room floor. One of my favorite moments every year is seeing the video package they put together. We have 12-15 talents going over there along with cameramen, sound guys, production crew. Vince [McMahon] goes over. We're a family when we're on the road going over there, and putting smiles on the troops faces is one of the greatest things that we do every year as a WWE family."

WWE Signs Ricky Steamboat's Son, Batista: I Walk Alone Airing January
By Amish Patel
Dec 14, 2009 - 9:10:30 AM

-- Richie Steamboat, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat, is due to begin a WWE developmental run and will shortly be heading to Florida Championship Wrestling. In the past two years, Steamboat has been sending his son to different areas to train and develop, including Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan and Harley Race's School in Eldon, Missouri.

-- InDemand PPV will be airing The Batista: I Walk Alone DVD documentary in January.

UFC Make Move Which Could Hurt WWE And WrestleMania 26
By Amish Patel
Dec 14, 2009 - 9:03:48 AM

-- In a move that is likely to upset World Wrestling Entertainment and possibly hurt their PPV buyrate, UFC have decided to move their 3/12 PPV in Newark, NJ to 3/26, which is the night before WrestleMania 26.

As reported yesterday, UFC is also going head-to-head with RAW on 1/11 when they plan to run a Monday night Fight Night Live event on SpikeTV. This will be one week after the 1/4 WWE vs. TNA head-to-head.

Superstars Beats ECW in the Ratings, Tonight's Slammy RAW, Errors at WWE's TLC
By Marc Middleton
Dec 14, 2009 - 3:58:23 AM

- Mike sent the following: I caught several errors during the color at WWE TLC. For one, they said that the last time a WWE Champion was born outside the US was Yokozuna but they seem to have forgot guys like Edge or Bret Hart. Another was when Striker said it's been decades since the IC belt changed hands in Texas but it just changed hands at Wrestlemania 25 when Rey Mysterio beat JBL among other times.

- This past Thursday's episode of WWE Superstars on WGN America scored an 0.9 rating with the replay doing an 0.15. The first showing actually did better numbers than ECW this week.

- Tonight's three-hour edition of RAW with the Slammy Awards will air at 8PM EST from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas with Dennis Miller as the special guest host. Talent from all three brands will be at RAW tonight.

WWE Talent Releases Rumored for 2010, Edge Getting a New Theme?, WWE-FCW Tryouts
By Marc Middleton
Dec 14, 2009 - 3:54:51 AM

- More tryouts at WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling were recently completed. ROH star Rhett Titus was one of the talents taking part. No word yet if anyone was offered a developmental contract.

- It's rumored that Edge will have a new theme song when he makes his WWE return.

- Word is that WWE will be releasing several talents from the main roster come early 2010 to go along with the ECW and SmackDown brand changes.

Nash Teases Big Reunion, The Steiner Brothers Reunite, Bischoff Update and More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 14, 2009 - 3:29:07 AM

- Several readers sent word that the Hulkamania Australia program that was set to air on One HD this past weekend did not air. TNA's Explosion show aired instead. No word yet on why Hulkamania didn't air.

- Eric Bischoff has been in Nashville this past week working with TNA officials. There was a Christmas party for the company this past Friday night but no word yet if he attended.

- Dan from PWTweets.com sent word that Kevin Nash recently hinted at a reunion of X-Pac, Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and himself in TNA with the following Tweet: "might see PAC Hogan Hall and Nash on tna togather real soon"

- Rick and Scott Steiner reunited at last night's Prime Time Wrestling show in Belleville, Michigan. The Steiners defeated Beer Money in the main event after Rick hit his top rope bulldog.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »
Plans for TNA's Four-Hour Knockout Show, TNA Epics Debut Details, iMPACT Rating
By Marc Middleton
Dec 14, 2009 - 3:25:05 AM

- This past Thursday's episode of TNA iMPACT scored a 1.0 rating.

- The first episode of TNA Epics in the United States will air on Thursday, January 14th at 11pm, right after TNA iMPACT on Spike TV. The first episode will be hosted by Mick Foley and focus on Kurt Angle with interviews and highlights from his TNA career.

- The New Year's eve edition of TNA iMPACT on Spike will be a four-hour special on the Knockouts beginning at 7pm EST. Word is that TNA's planning a Knockouts tag team tournament for this night. They have reached out to several independent women's wrestlers to come in and Roxxi has been brought back to participate. Other surprises are planned for the show.

Note on Sheamus' WWE Title Win, More on Punk vs. Truth, Cuban Comments on TLC
By Marc Middleton
Dec 14, 2009 - 3:18:05 AM

- As noted before, R-Truth defeated CM Punk in the dark match before last night's TLC pay-per-view. Truth for the win with a small package after a GTS attempt in a match where Luke Gallows was banned from ringside.

- Sheamus was a "trending topic" on Twitter last night for a few minutes after winning the WWE Title from John Cena.

- Mark Cuban posted the following on his Twitter page last night after WWE's TLC: "Bummer that Sheamus won.. But remember I put him on the ground first !"

Jim Ross Speculates On Tonight's TLC PPV, 2009 Slammy Awards Update
By Amish Patel
Dec 13, 2009 - 6:09:02 PM

- Via his website, Jim Ross mentioned a three-man announce team tonight and said he thought Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin would open and DX vs. JeriShow would end the PPV, but wasn't totally sure.

- The 2009 WWE Slammy categories and nominations will now be announced tonight. It will take place during a live chat with Howard Finkel on WWE.com following the conclusion of tonight's TLC PPV.

Eve/Chris Jericho Appearances, WWE vs. UFC & Chris Masters' Pec Shaking Featured
By Amish Patel
Dec 13, 2009 - 1:05:05 PM

Partial Source: PWInsider.com

-- WWE Diva Eve Torres will be promoting The 'Tribute to the Troops' special on CNN American Morning at 6AM on 12/16. She will also be appearing with Chris Jericho on on Fox News 'Fox and Friends' AT 6AM on 12/17, while Jericho will also make an appearance on Jimmy Fallon the same day at 12:35AM.

-- UFC's next live Fight Night on SpikeTV airs the week after WWE goes head-to-head with TNA on 1/11.

-- Chris Masters' pec shaking was featured on this week's episode of The Soup, with Joel McHale showing a recent clip from RAW.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
Maryse Talks About Sheamus, Her Infamous Hand Flip, The Rock and more
By Amish Patel
Dec 13, 2009 - 12:54:17 PM

- Maryse was recently interviewed by SLAM! Wrestling with the highlights below:

On Sheamus: "Sheamus is really different,” she said about the challenger. “He’s got a really unique look. He’s so white, and with his red hair and beard, it’s so weird! John Cena is pretty white, but he looks really tanned compared to Sheamus. I like his charisma in the ring, his aggressive style, and he’s got a great bad guy personality."

The Infamous Heel Hand Flip: "I never planned on doing it,” she said about that particular taunt. “I just did it one night and it caught on. People would come up to me to take a picture and they’d ask me to do the hand thing. So I thought I should keep it. It’s not something I would do normally, it’s really the character."

Her Inspiration: "The Rock. Even though I’m a girl, I look at him as an inspiration. He was just amazing. He had a lot of range in his character, he had the crowd reacting every night no matter what he was doing. It’s really hard to do, and he did it really well."

Posted in: TNA, WWE
Hulk Hogan lowers expectations for TNA's battle with WWE
By Brian Cantor
Dec 12, 2009 - 4:04:28 PM

After being publicly linked to a 3.0 ratings projection for the upcoming 1/4 edition of TNA iMPACT!, Hulk Hogan scaled back his claims in an interview with the Toronto Sun.

"Jan. 4, we're going head to head with WWE," said Hogan. "We've got to pick a fight. I don't know what's going to happen that night. If we get bodyslammed by WWE, we'll get back and go at them again."

As WWE RAW rarely posts a rating in significant excess of a 3.0, there is no way TNA would be "bodyslammed" if it posted such a figure (in fact, as there is a finite limit to the pro wrestling audience size on Monday, a 3.0 rating for TNA would almost definitely mark a victory for the number two wrestling group).

Hogan thus appears to be lower the expectation for his initial impact, instead hoping analysts focus on the big picture benefit he--and those wrestling standouts who accompany him in TNA--will bring to the table.

Hulk Hogan makes his live TNA television debut during a special three-hour iMPACT! on January 4. The TNA show will go head-to-head with RAW for at least two hours that Monday.

The Latest Details on WWE Making Big Changes to the SmackDown and ECW Brands
By Marc Middleton
Dec 11, 2009 - 5:07:59 AM

- With the record low rating for ECW this week, speculation regarding the show's future on SyFy remain. With the current TV deal expiring soon, WWE has been working to freshen the show up to help the ratings. There was talk of a magazine style show that didn't work out. One recent idea was to drop everything ECW related and focus the entire show on new talents from the brands.

Changes are still being discussed for the SmackDown brand but word is that there won't be any major decisions made until after the first of 2010.

Bobby Lashley officially inks multi-year deal with major MMA group
By Brian Cantor
Dec 11, 2009 - 12:50:22 AM

A press release Thursday confirmed that TNA wrestler and former ECW Champion Bobby Lashley has signed a multi-year deal with Strikeforce, the number two mixed martial arts promotion in America.

Lashley will make his debut against a presently-undetermined opponent on January 30 at Florida's BankAtlantic Center. The fight will air as part of a live broadcast on Showtime.

"I'm looking forward to fighting for Strikeforce and challenging myself by taking on some of the top heavyweights in MMA," said Lashley.

Though Strikeforce's roster is viewed as considerably thinner than that of mixed martial arts leader UFC, the company does have contractual rights to Fedor Emelianenko, who many consider to be the world's top heavyweight fighter.

Shawn Michaels Says He's Taking Time Off After WrestleMania (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Dec 10, 2009 - 3:22:42 PM

Amid speculation that he will be retiring after WrestleMania, WWE Raw superstar Shawn Michaels spoke to MySanAntonio.com this week and implied that he might be taking another extended hiatus from WWE after WrestleMania 26 min MArch.

"I take four months off in the summer and just spend time with the family," Michaels said. "It's a tough line of work. Those injuries hang around longer and those injuries are tougher to deal with. When I stop, my body will have an opportunity to heal and rest. That comes along with the territory."

Michaels took four months off after his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 earlier this year and now that he's back still only works a limited schedule.

"I actually don't have to take on the schedule that the other guys have to take on," Michaels said. "I wrestle more on a part-time basis."

Sheamus Talks About His Path To WWE, Sunday's TLC PPV & More
By Michael Bluth
Dec 10, 2009 - 3:46:16 PM

Raw superstar Sheamus, who will square off against WWE Champion John Cena this weekend in a tables match at the Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view, was recently interviewed by IrishCentral.com and spoke about life on the road, his training regemin what his Irish heritage means to him, his career aspirations, the road that led him to WWE and more.

The 31-year-old Dublin native, whose real name is Stephen Farrelly, is actually a former IT professional, actor, and security guard.

When asked about his match against John Cena at Sunday's TLC PPV, Sheamus said, “There’s no doubt in my mind that I’m going to walk out of TLC as WWE champion. I’m ready. I want to make history. I want to be the first Irishman to become WWE champion — and I will," he said. "I’m going to put Cena through a table. I’ve already done it once and I’m gonna do it again. All the time I’ve been with WWE, I’ve been making statements, you know what I mean? I retired Jamie Noble. The fella can’t even walk properly. I’m not a nice guy!”

Sheamus explained that his path to WWE was unlike most of today's young superstars. “I wanted to do this my whole life. I did whatever it took to get noticed and get experience. I traveled in shows throughout Ireland, the U.K., Italy and Portugal. I honed my craft and proved my experience. People said I was crazy, I was working all the jobs back home. But anything is possible if you put your mind to it.”

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »
Hulk Hogan Predicts His TNA Debut Will Draw a 3.0 Rating
By Amish Patel
Dec 10, 2009 - 12:40:12 PM

- The following release was sent out by the Right After Wrestling show on Sirius radio today:

HOGAN SAYS THAT TNA IMPACT RATINGS WILL "TRIPLE" ON JANUARY 4

When interviewed by Arda Ocal and Corey Erdman of the "Right After Wrestling" program on SIRIUS 98, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielsen ratings would triple to a 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4. Hogan went on to list names such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan as guys with "something there" and that he will look to mold and "bring to life".

The full interview will air on "Right After Wrestling" on Monday night December 14 at 11pm EST on SIRIUS Channel 98, Hardcore Sports Radio.

WWE Diva Out of Action with Injury, Latest Details on Shane McMahon Leaving WWE
By Marc Middleton
Dec 10, 2009 - 3:17:35 AM

- RAW Diva Alicia Fox suffered a dislocated shoulder at the WWE live event on November 28th in Johnson City, TN. She will be out of action for a few weeks.

- Shane McMahon has not been working for WWE since announcing his resignation, which takes effect January 1st. It's said that morale is the lowest with workers in the office since anyone can remember. One person close to Shane says that him leaving WWE had to do with being passed over for power and that he was tired of being humiliated publicly by Vince.

Marijuana Use Down on WWE's SmackDown Brand, PPV Promos at WWE Live Events, Hart
By Marc Middleton
Dec 10, 2009 - 3:12:28 AM

- WWE are now having talents cut promos at live events to build up their matches at the next pay-per-view.

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is about to become a grandfather at 52. His oldest daughter Jade is pregnant with a baby girl and due this coming May.

- Reports are that marijuana usage on the SmackDown brand is down and one wrestler described that side side as clean. Most feel that the $2,500 fines aren't worth it. Word is that there were a number of recent pot failures on the RAW brand, enough that it was an issue being talked about.

Heat on a Second Generation Star, Former WWE Superstar Retires, RAW vs. UFC
By Marc Middleton
Dec 10, 2009 - 3:05:03 AM

- Former WWE star Armando Estrada wrestled his retirement match against Ken Kennedy at a Great Lakes Championship Wrestling show last weekend. Estrada has had success with his Baby's Steak & Lemonade restaurant in Glendale, AZ and is looking to franchise the brand.

- WWE and UFC will go head-to-head on Monday, January 11th as RAW will air up against Fight Night.

- Reports from Harley Race's recent training camp regarding the daughter of Curt Hennig, Amy, were not positive, except for her athletic ability which was praised. Some veterans have stopped giving her advice with the feeling that she doesn't listen. It was said that she could hang in the ring with any guy at the camp but her attitude is causing problems. Her brother Joe got the exact opposite at the camp. It's said that Amy wants to make it on her father's name and Joe does not.

WWE Close to Signing Tour of China, Video Preview for Chuck with Steve Austin
By Marc Middleton
Dec 9, 2009 - 9:07:58 PM

Source: PWInsider

- WWE is close to finalizing a deal for their first tour of China in 2010.

Frustration in TNA Regarding Changes, Hogan Update, Rumor on Another TNA Tourney
By Marc Middleton
Dec 10, 2009 - 2:54:44 AM

- Hulk Hogan was hurting really bad during the recent Hulkamania tour of Australia which is why from the second night on they were doing run-ins early in the match. Hogan's hip went out during the match with Ric Flair in Melbourne and he couldn't do much from that point on.

- There is a lot of frustration within TNA right now because nobody has been given anything but a very basic outline of what's going to happen in a few weeks. The creative situation with the TV tapings this week was done with no idea given as to where everything is headed.

- Roxxi returns to TNA on next week's iMPACT in a match against ODB. There is talk of bringing back more Knockouts soon for a Knockouts Tag Title tournament at the tapings at the end of December.

WWE's ECW show posts its worst rating in history
By Brian Cantor
Dec 9, 2009 - 8:10:32 PM

In yet another scary piece of news regarding the ECW brand, Tuesday's episode dropped to an all-time low 0.8 rating.

With an average viewership of just 1.06 million, according to PWTorch.com data, the show was the least-viewed timeslot airing in the show's history, including any airings that coincided with a holiday.

Talk on the Internet in recent weeks has concerned plans to overhaul the brand, and if the show keeps posting ratings like this, such an aggressive effort would appear to be an absolute necessity.

WWE's ECW show posts its worst rating in history
By Brian Cantor
Dec 9, 2009 - 8:10:32 PM

In yet another scary piece of news regarding the ECW brand, Tuesday's episode dropped to an all-time low 0.8 rating.

With an average viewership of just 1.06 million, according to PWTorch.com data, the show was the least-viewed timeslot airing in the show's history, including any airings that coincided with a holiday.

Talk on the Internet in recent weeks has concerned plans to overhaul the brand, and if the show keeps posting ratings like this, such an aggressive effort would appear to be an absolute necessity.

Vince's thoughts on TNA's Monday show, Major WWE name to miss crucial RAW?
By Brian Cantor
Dec 9, 2009 - 3:17:28 PM

-- PWInsider.com reports that Vince McMahon has not openly reacted to TNA's announcement that it will run a live show on Monday, January 4.

McMahon has generally been no-selling anything involving TNA's recent attempts to wage war with WWE, so his lack of public reaction here fits the pattern.

There similarly has been no definitive plan made to turn the show into a three-hour special, although most assume that announcement will come.

Interestingly in WWE's case, John Cena, the company's most popular star, is expected to miss the show due to a coin flip obligation at the Fiesta Bowl. He might appear in a taped segment.

Details On WWE's Drug Testing Policy and Offending Talent, Kelly Kelly Note
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 1:02:24 PM

- Regarding WWE's policy on returning talent to the company with "strikes" from previous Wellness Policy breaches, here is the official WWE statement: "Any WWE talent who leaves the WWE for any reason with a first or second violation on his/her record will maintain those strikes if he/she returns to the WWE."

The policy also states: "A WWE Talent who is terminated by the WWE for a third violation will be prohibited from returning to the WWE for at least one year."

The statement above would currently apply to Chris Masters, William Regal and Jeff Hardy.

[Source: TheSun.com]

- Kelly Kelly will be swapping Tampa for Miami, Florida, she announced via her Twitter page.

Hulk Hogan Cancels Appearance On The Surf Last Night
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 12:59:59 PM

Transcript Source: Erjus Resuli and Pwinsider.com

Hulk Hogan was supposed to be a guest on The Surf last night here in Canada, which is a live show, but they announced that he had an interview earlier and was coughing a lot, therefore couldn't make it on the show. Apparently he came down with a bad cold from Australia.

The host was wearing a yellow shirt and red tie and the backstage crew were all decked out in red and yellow Hulk gear. About halfway through the show they revealed that Jimmy Hart, who was thought to be making an appearance as well, also backed out. The host said it was odd how he couldn't make it considering how willing they were to provide transportation for him.

The interactive producer John Pollock called in and said he had talked to Hulk who sounded sick during the interview. He said Hulk claimed he had a problem with a lot of the people currently in TNA, some of who he had worked with before, particularly the writing staff and Russo. Hogan apparently said he was going to be assessing everyone and wouldn't have a problem walking out on TNA if he has issues with the way things are run there.

Hogan was apparently critical of Bischoff's work in WCW as well during the interview, to which the host said was odd because Bischoff has been the shining light for Hogan whenever he was in need. I don't know if Hogan was being "truthful" or doing a worked shoot for the interview.

They also talked about Hogan's financial issues with the divorce and said how his new book was by far better than the old one.

Kurt Angle Injured, Knockout To Pitch Reality Show Idea, Christy Hemme Update
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 11:05:01 AM

Source: Wrestling Globe Newsletter

- Lisa Maria Varon (Tara in TNA) is pitching a reality series about her, as a professional wrestler, in Los Angeles today. She said her show will chart the crossover from pro wrestling into Mixed Martial Arts.

- Kurt Angle tweaked his back again at the weekend house shows, which is why he didn't compete on the iMPACT! tapings this past week.

- Christy Hemme will be returning to television soon in in an interviewer capacity. Her neck is reportedly still in a bad state.

TNA Promotion Charge Continues, Major Advertising In New York City
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 9:35:51 AM

- On her Twitter account last night, TNA President Dixie Carter had the following to say:

TNA's 1st Times Square billboard goes up tomorrow in NYC. TNA package of goodies to the 1st person who tweets me a pic!

- It's likely the billboard will be promoting TNA's iMPACT! special on January 4th on SpikeTV, or it could be for the Final Resolution PPV or just a general TNA advertisement.

Information on Private & Public Viewings for Edward 'Umaga' Fatu
By Marc Middleton
Dec 9, 2009 - 12:11:24 AM

- A private viewing for Edward "Umaga" Fatu will take place on December 18th and a service open to the public will be held on December 19th in Las Vegas at the Davis Funeral Home on S. Eastern Avenue. The phone number for the funeral home is 702-736-6200.

Flowers and cards can be sent to the following address:

Davis Funeral Home
6200 South Eastern Avenue
Las Vegas, NV. 89119-3175

ROH Final Battle 2009 - New Match Added & New Promo
By E L Farrell
Dec 8, 2009 - 8:46:45 PM

ROH is proud to debut a new commercial for its first GOFIGHTLIVE.TV PPV – Final Battle 2009 airing on December 19th, 2009 at 7:30pm.

ROH Final Battle 2009 - LIVE on PPV (GoFightLive.tv)

ROH World Championship Match – MAIN EVENT

Tyler Black (Challenger) vs. Austin Aries (Champion)

ROH World Tag Team Championship

Briscoe Brothers (Challenger) vs. American Wolves (Champions)

And just added to the card by order of Jim Cornette

The Rematch

Eddie Kingston vs. Chris Hero

In preparation for his match with Hero, a special web exclusive match featuring Eddie Kingston

More information about Final Battle 2009 available at www.rohwrestling.com and www.gofightlive.tv

Monday Night RAW Rating for This Week's Show with Mark Cuban as Host
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 7:33:23 PM

- Last night's edition of WWE RAW with Mark Cuban as the special guest host did a 3.2 cable rating.

The show did hours of 3.18 and 3.28. Monday Night Football on ESPN this week did a 9.7 rating, down from recent weeks.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
MTV Mocks Batista, Vince McMahon Named On "Most Influential" List
By Michael Bluth
Dec 15, 2009 - 1:25:06 PM

-- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has been named one of the Top 100 People in the cable industry by CableFax magazine. He earned the #40 spot. To see the full list, visit CableFaxMag-Digital.com.

-- At Monday's WWE Slammy Awards, Batista interrupted Maria's acceptance speech for Diva of the Year in what appeared to be a parody of the infamous Kanye West - Taylor Swift incident at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. "That's great, congratulations, I'm really happy for you," Batista said. "No disrespect, but let's talk about the greatest award ever: The Screwjob of the Year award, which goes to me! I got robbed last night. I should be World Heavyweight Champion, and I should be up for the Superstar of the Year award." MTV writer Kyle Anderson implied the joke is dated and has been done to death already on countless award shows since the VMAs

President Obama To Appear On Saturday's Tribute To The Troops Special
By Michael Bluth
Dec 15, 2009 - 11:41:40 AM

WWE issued the following announcement today:

President Obama To Deliver Special Holiday Message to the Troops this Saturday on NBC’s `WWE Tribute to the Troops’ Holiday Special

The holiday season is approaching and once again World Wrestling Entertainment® in conjunction with NBC will honor the United States Armed Forces. Taking ‘the reins from Bob Hope,’ Vince McMahon and the WWE Superstars and Divas traveled to the Middle East for the seventh consecutive year to put smiles on the faces of the men and women of the U.S. military.

The hour-long holiday special will air this Saturday, December 19 at 9:00 PM ET /8:00 PM CT on NBC.

President Barack Obama via tape will deliver a special Holiday message to the troops. In addition, General David H. Petraeus, Commander, U.S. Central Command, will also deliver his holiday wishes.

WWE Tribute to the Troops chronicles the three days that the WWE Superstars and Divas visited multiple forward operating bases to meet the troops, culminating with a special live performance in front of thousands of military personnel. The WWE makes its annual pilgrimage in recognition of the sacrifices made by our nation’s service men and women and to thank the troops for their commitment to our country.

New DVD Cover & Official Synopsis for WWE's Upcoming 'Best of RAW 2009' DVD Set
By Marc Middleton
Dec 15, 2009 - 8:02:12 AM

- As noted before, WWE will be releasing a RAW: Best of 2009 DVD on January 26th, 2010. It will be a three-disc set with a run-time of 540 minutes. Below is the official synopsis and DVD cover for the new release:

"Every Monday night, fans know there’s only one destination for the biggest superstars and best moments in sports entertainment—Monday Night Raw! The Superstars of WWE deliver new and exciting content year round—no repeats. Now for the first time ever on DVD, the best highlights and matches from the 100+ hours of Raw are collected into a single DVD set, Raw: The 2009 Season."

More on WWE and Bret Hart, WWE Working on New Project with The Hart Foundation?
By Marc Middleton
Dec 15, 2009 - 7:43:52 AM

- Jim Neidhart said at an autograph signing this past weekend in Long Island, New York that WWE is working on a DVD looking at The Hart Foundation, likely the whole family and not just Neidhart and Bret Hart's tag team. Apparently Neidhart just finished shooting some interviews for the project.

With WWE teasing a return by Bret Hart on last night's RAW, this adds to the speculation that Bret might be returning to WWE in some fashion.

WWE Employees Cash In Big, JR-WWE Update, ECW vs. TNA Wrestling Times, Danielson
By Marc Middleton
Dec 15, 2009 - 7:36:07 AM

Source: F4W Newsletter

- Jim Ross is expected to re-sign his WWE deal as early as this week.

- Bryan Danielson is still in Las Vegas working out and waiting on the call from WWE to come to work.

- Michael Solomon, a member of WWE's Board of Directors, cashed in all of his stock last week, taking in more than $20 million. Apparently he was unhappy with the way certain things were being run and got out. John Laurinaitis also cashed in $155,000 of his stock.

- Last week, ECW on SyFy had 17 minutes and 45 seconds of wrestling including a 10 minute and 57 second main event. TNA on the same week had 26 minutes and 34 seconds of wrestling. That broke down to 9 minutes and 21 seconds in the first hour and 17 minutes and 14 seconds in the second hour, including a 4 minutes and 49 second main event.

Another Star Enters Rehab Paid for by WWE, Match for Tonight's WWE Taping & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 15, 2009 - 7:40:20 AM

Partial source: F4W Newsletter

- WWE taped MVP vs. Jack Swagger last night before RAW for this week's episode of WWE Superstars on WGN.

- WWE will tape tonight's ECW and this week's Friday Night SmackDown tonight in Laredo, Texas. An appearance by Kane and The Hurricane vs. The Ripper has been announced for ECW.

- Apparently Sherri Shepherd recently said on The View that she's no longer "dating MVP" and that "we're just friends now."

- Former WWE star Matt "Doink" Borne recently completed a stint in WWE sponsored rehab. He will be meeting with the company soon about an agent job.

Hulk Hogan on The Main Event interview recap
By The Main Event
Dec 14, 2009 - 11:29:08 PM

MainEventRadio.com
HULK HOGAN INTERVIEW RECAP – DECEMBER 13TH 2009

Hulk Hogan Interview Recap: Hulk Hogan stepped into the Main Event this week to speak about what made him want to go to TNA, the changes he would like to see implemented, Dixie, Russo, finally gives an answer to the longstanding question of why WWE prevented Hogan/Flair from happening at WM8, dealing with adversity, and much more in this 20 minute discussion!

SHOW: The Main Event, Sundays on CJLO 1690AM in Montreal
HOSTS: Ryan Rider and the Viz

Can Be Downloaded At: MainEventRadio.com, on Itunes, or via YouTube @

Q: You are listening to the Main Event Radio show, my name is Ryan Rider, with me I have the Viz. 2010 is just a few weeks away and it’s shaping up to be a huge year for professional wrestling. The biggest story has got to be the acquisition by TNA Wrestling of the legendary icon, the Immortal Hulk Hogan. And now for the second time, I’d like to welcome on the line none other than the Hulkster himself, Hulk Hogan welcome to the Main Event!

A: Man, are you guys talking about me again? I’m doing good, really good. Just got back from a little Hulkamania tour in Australia, and I’m getting my momentum back, brother.

Q: The last time you joined our program you spoke about how you were watching TNA and that they needed that one momentum shifting move. Now, three years later it has finally happened – you’ve signed on the dotted line. Looks like you are going to give Vince McMahon a run for his money one more time. What can we expect from the partnership between you, Hulk, and TNA?

A: We kind of like made that announcement at the UFC in Las Vegas that we are going to go head-to-head on Monday nights. I think the fans want to see those Monday Night Wars again like 10-11 years ago. The fans need a choice and the talent also needs a choice. Me partnering up with Dixie Carter, I’ve got a set of fresh eyes. I’m not all about the writers and the writers telling you what to say. I’m not about going to the arena and having somebody go, “here’s your agent Gerald Brisco or your agent Pat Patterson”. I’m not about talking 4-5 hours about a 10 minute match. The way I feel is that if these guys can’t talk and they can’t wrestle they outta pack their bags and head up north.

On the Writers: "The writers have a place. They add like icing on the cake. I understand protocol and blocking shows and segments and I understand why they're necessary, but this is a talent-driven business. There's a feel; there's an 'it' factor for this. I want to give these wrestlers life and find themselves and become larger-than-life characters. Really do this wrestling business the right way instead of like a bunch of robots that are interchangeable parts and if somebody gets hurt, you replace the wrestler with another wrestler who used to work at Walmart. It’s gotta change."

Q: So what made you decide to finally decide to get the ball rolling and sign with Dixie?

A: The truth is I’ve been talking to her on and off for 4 or 5 years. I had a tough couple of years. I lost my family, financially I got wiped out, I had three back surgeries. It was so toxic and such a negative relationship at home for 23 years. That was kind of like the first half of the game – I did some good stuff in the first half of the game and there was a lot of negative stuff in my personal life. Now this is the second half of the game and I’ve decided to take the high road and go back to work, get back on track. I had the choice to go the route of reality TV or more kids movies or the wrestling business. The partnership with Dixie Carter was both self-serving and it was also necessary for me and it's in my blood. When they told me I could turn this thing upside down instead of just coming in as a talent and wrestling - and coming in with 'Vince McMahon' control - then I’m interested.

I wasn't going to just to come in as another wrestler and we do half-a-number this week, then after three or four weeks of seeing the shirt ripped off and the leg dropped, then nobody cares anymore. But if it was to really come in and see who can go and who can't - and I'm not coming in with an edge; everyone has something to contribute whether it's Vince Russo, the other writers, all the wrestlers. I want to hear what they have to say because I learn from everybody. And the people who can’t pull their own weight, they will be gone. So I’m excited about going there.

Q: On January 4th Live on SpikeTV TNA Impact is going head to head with Raw for a Monday Night War 2.0. What do you think their chances are going up against WWE’s flagship show?

A: Vince is going to throw everything he hast you. I just went to the Australian Tour and he did everything he could to upset the apple cart. He thinks he is the only one who should breathe the air in wrestling and I think that other people should have opportunities in business. When I talked to Spike about going head-to-head on Monday nights, I did it for a reason. If you're going to pick a fight, pick a big fight. Everybody was scared of their own shadow, “What if we don't do a number?”.

The thing is - don't even worry about it. You have to give the audience a choice. Ever since I made this announcement, you wouldn't believe some of the wrestlers that have been calling me. A lot of friends, a lot of people in WWE who are not happy with their current situation. And you know; we just might surprise you. We might just get some momentum on Monday nights and turn this thing upside down quicker than you think.

Q: On Impact, Kevin Nash has stated that you are coming in and you’re not coming alone. Which talents are you currently scouting to bring in with you?

A: Brother, I’m not telling you who I’m bringing in. You’ve been around long enough, you know I’m not gonna tell. But Kevin is talking about bringing the band back together, and you know what he’s talking about [the nWo]. I don’t need any problems; I just want guys who really want to work hard. We’ve all matured a lot and we’ve all learned from our mistakes. Putting the band back together might be a part of the whole deal.

Q: One of the biggest things you’ve done recently is work with Ric Flair, in Australia, as a part of the Hulkamania tour. How did the matches feel to you at this point in the game, and how was it working together after so long?

A: Talk about being a step behind – when you have three back surgeries in the period of one year, you just never know what’s going to happen in there. I didn’t know if my back was going to hold up. The first night I found out that whenever I take a bump, I can’t even roll to the right. That’s the first thing that woke me up. The first night really caught me off guard. Taking a bump to the outside, I couldn’t go out the way I usually did. There were a lot of things that we different because I had not wrestled since the back surgery. Halfway through the match I got my game back. There were a couple of situations I couldn’t do so I adjusted really quick. The good thing about it was that the fans were there. As soon as I came out, hit the stage, the fans are still there. It was so loud, it was unbelievable. That makes it easy when the fans were there. Once I got in there, Flair being the player that he is – he was all wound up, he was worried about being a step back. He lost his confidence because of all the crap they did to him in WWE, but he got back to his game and by the middle of the match we were back on and we had a great time. We tore it down. There are a few things that I do a differently than back then. You might notice the standard Hulk Hogan stuff that goes on in the ring. It’s not rocket science, it just works. That’s what’s beautiful about it.

I’m not going into TNA as a talent; I’m going in there to run the company. But you never know. I can be in there giving a corporate lecture, and if the fans are going “Hogan-Sting, Hogan-Sting,” it’s kind of hard not to give them what they want. I think we learned that at Wrestlemania 18. You can plan to make someone one of the most evil bad guys in the world and try to push someone to Mount Everest as a squeaky clean good guy but if the fans start booing the good guy in the building, you need to call an audible. You can’t tell the fans what to watch. When the fans booed the Rock out of the building they told Vince McMahon that you may try to get us to hate Hulk Hogan but that’s not how it is. We respect and love this guy for how long he’s been in the business and what he’s gone through. And I’m going through that gut instinct and give the fans what they want.

Q: On the Flair topic, one of the most wondered about and debated wrestling topics of this generation has been why WWE didn’t use Hogan vs. Flair for Wrestlemania when it had the chance, this topic has been commented on but never legitimately answered, why did one of the potentially biggest matches in history, not take place?

A: In my opinion, Vince was trying to even out the playing field. It started with Wrestlemania 1 – playing the music, the “Eye of the Tiger”. All of a sudden this Hulk Hogan character took off and it got out of control. There were different deals cut and Hulk Hogan was doing things that we never done before. All of a sudden, all the wrestlers like [Roddy] Piper, Big John Studd, Andre the Giant, and then Hulk Hogan has a whole different approach and attitude than everybody else. It kind of got larger than life and kind of got out of control. I think it was an attempt – ever since Wrestlemania with the Ultimate Warrior, the WWF were trying to make Hulk Hogan disappear. But the fans didn’t want that. I can go down the list of every single time they wanted to ride the horse until it dropped, shoot it, and then eat it. Every time they rode me until I dropped, I got back up and I kept going. I can go down and give you every single beat where they wantd to give a bullet to Hulk Hogan but it’s just not happening brother. The fans are loyal; I’ve been around so long so they know how I feel about the wrestling business. Whether you like my work or not, the fans respect me.

As far as Wrestlemania 8 goes, I think the situation was getting out of control. I think that Hogan vs Flair was so big that nothing else on that card mattered. I think that it would have made it out of control. You look at Hogan/Flair and then what do you do with the rest of the card after that? I think Vince saw the momentum of this tidal wave coming at him so he shut it down before it got enough momentum to wipe out the whole world. He put me against Sid Vicious – and I think the switch was at the last minute. Me and Flair just looked at each other and we knew what was up.

Q: Let’s move to another topic – you recently published a new autobiography entitled “My Life Outside the Ring”. Here’s a little plug – you are going to be in Montreal tomorrow at the Indigo Bookstore signing copies of it on 1500 McGill Street downtown from 2pm on so I definitely encourage all the Hulkamaniacs in the area to get down there. Hulk, what made you decide to write a second book, one that is much different and a lot more open than your first one?

A: The first book was censored by the WWE. I wrote this book because I had a couple of tough years like I said. I had the choice to become another statistic like some of these other wrestlers and turn everything into a crime scene but instead I decided to take the high road. Like I said, I lost everything in a two year period - my family, financially I got wiped out, I had to do a lot of soul searching. With the economy and with the way the world was down, people were having such a tough time. I wrote this book to show that people with tough times, no matter how bad things are, hang in there and things will get better. I also wrote this book because a lot of people didn’t realize that for 23 years I was in a real toxic, negative relationship with someone that drank a lot, cussed all the time, and hated everything. I wanted people to know that that’s not normal, that is not how things should be. Life is joyful and happy, and if you’re in a relationship like that, especially if you are passing on those values to your children, that is wrong. Life is not supposed to be like that. I wanted to let people know to be positive and to hang in there if you are having a tough time and things will get better.

Q: You’ve been one of the biggest stars on Planet Earth for the last almost 30 years. You’ve had the highest highs and some of the lowest lows that any human being can experience. After experiencing such bad adversity in your life, what would you you’re your millions of fans, how would you tell them to deal with the adversity in their lives?

A: You just got to get a grip and follow your gut. If you want to be happy or sad, negative or positive. You can’t get sucked into this giant vacuum like Tiger Woods is right now or just hide your head in the sand and think it will go away. If you’re in a bad relationship or if you’re unhappy with your current situation, when would “now” be the right time to change it? You can change it right now if you want to, moving on and thinking positively and moving away from the dirty air and breathing clean air – or the “now” could be 20 years from now and keep being miserable. But you’ve got the opportunity if you’re unhappy with your current situation to change it right now.

Q: I don’t want to spoil the book for those who have not yet had a chance to read it, but one of the most memorable parts of it for me was the part where you spoke about the initiations in your early days – Hiro Matsuda breaking your leg, and even more so the incident with Pat Patterson and Buddy Colt pulling a major rib on you which you fell for. Do you feel that wrestling has changed from back then?

A: I didn’t fall for that brother – I didn’t give anybody oral sex. The sick part is if I had big scarred and a big enough mark, those guys would have loved for it to happen. That’s what those guys are all about. They used to party like crazy. I haven’t been around Patterson for years but he’s still like that. I mean if you’re gay, then you’re gay, you don’t change that. [Maybe he misunderstood the question?]

Q: TNA is a 7-year old company that has maintained a strong base. What will Hulk Hogan build on top of that base?

A: Brother, we are going to flip this thing upside down. I’m going in January 4th and that is only going to be the very beginning so just hang on for the ride! I love you guys and I’ll talk to you later.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #274 on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
Bret Hart signs WWE contract
By Michael Bluth
Dec 16, 2009 - 5:38:16 PM

Amid speculation that Bret Hart is in talks to return to World Wrestling Entertainment to host an upcoming edition of WWE RAW, it now appears Bret Hart's involvement with WWE will extend well beyond a 1-night appearance.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that goes into effect on January 1, 2010 and runs until April 10th, approximately two weeks after WrestleMania 26.

There has been talk of talk of Hart returning to the ring for one match, but that is still speculation at this point.

Although nothing is official, he is expected to debut on the January 4 Raw show that will go head-to-head with TNA's Monday Night iMPACT! special

Booker T telling friends he is returning to WWE
By Amish Patel
Dec 16, 2009 - 5:13:37 PM

-- The Wrestling Observer reports that Booker T is telling friends that he is returning to World Wrestling Entertainment, to compete on the RAW brand.

He is telling friends that will return at January's Royal Rumble. There is no confirmation on Booker T's future, but only recently there were reports that negotiations between Booker T and WWE had broken down and that he was open to the idea of working for TNA again.

WWE Comic Book News: WWE Storylines & Fired Superstars
By Michael Bluth
Dec 16, 2009 - 1:22:34 PM

The creators of the WWE Heroes comic book were interviewed by Newsrama.com and discussed how WWE's television storylines will tie into the WWE Heroes comic book universe.

"We've got pretty free reign to do what we please," Keith Champagne said. "The only instances we've had to change something based on the TV stuff has been removing a couple of WWE superstars when they left the WWE.

"If WWE doesn't have the rights to use someone, we can't. Otherwise, it's the Wild West. By the way, the WWE has an AWESOME website we have access to listing tons of reference and photos of the people we can use, from classic superstars to modern day. I've spent hours in there getting lost...

"It's only happened a couple of times and with WWE superstars who were more or less being featured in the comic in minor roles. So it's been pretty easy to just surf the wave and do a little rewriting to line things back up. If Triple H or Undertaker were to suddenly leave, that would be a bit harder to fix at this stage of the game but so far, it's been a problem so minor it's not even worth mentioning."

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can (and should) read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:

WWE teasing Bret Hart will host RAW: "The teasing of Bret Hart potentially hosting Raw was cool. That was the first that I had officially heard of any sort of 'Hitman' return but it's always good to see Bret in any forum and one would think that the WWE HOF'er would enhance the ratings for Raw when and if Bret does make an appearance. Could that particular appearance occur on January 4? Your guess is as good as mine."

Shawn Michaels challenging Undertaker: "Shawn Michaels challenging the Undertaker for a match at WM26 captured my imagination. These two created magic in Houston at WM25 and the question will be asked if both future WWE HOF'ers can recreate such a moment one more time. I will always consider being a part of the broadcast team for WM25 and being a small part of the HBK-Taker presentation as one of the greatest experiences that I've had in this business."

His own health and WWE contract status: "Yours truly is awaiting some important, medical test results that I hope to have sometime this week. I am of the belief that they will provide good news and refuse to believe any thing else. It goes without saying that I sincerely appreciate all the get well wishes and prayers from so many of you. Since making many, overdue life style changes I have been feeling great the past several weeks as I await the aforementioned medical test results and the facial nerve to kick start. With my personal health still my most important issue, I am not stressing about any contractual issues or negotiations and nothing has changed on that front or my mindset regarding such since I last addressed this matter. All my contractual issues are still in motion and being discussed."

- Last night's three-hour edition of RAW scored a 3.3 cable rating. During the usual time period, it did a 3.5 rating.

This week's show did hours of 2.95, 3.48 and 3.44. Monday Night Football on ESPN this week scored a 9.6 rating.

Mick Foley Rumor Killer, RVD & AJ Styles, Kenny Dykstra Update
By Michael Bluth
Dec 15, 2009 - 5:12:45 PM

-- To clear up an unfortunate rumor, Mick Foley is alive and well. Foley posted a blog today on his MySpace.com page saying a friend informed him of an Internet rumor that he had died. Foley wrote, "A friend of mine since middle school actually heard I had died on the Internet today. Just want to clear that one up. I am very much alive and well," Foley said. "I don't know how these things get started, but hopefully no one beside my friend took it seriously."

-- Former WWE superstar and Spirit Squad member Ken Doane ("Kenny Dykstra") will be appearing in a new FOX Reality channel series called "Seducing Cindy" - where a group of young guys compete to win the love of model/actress Cindy Margolis. Doane wrote on Twitter, "WWE don't want me,TNA don't want me right now. Guess I'm gonna get ready for "Seducing Cindy" Jan 30th 2010 glassmanmedia.com see the promo!" Visit PWTweets.com to read more Tweets from pro wrestlers and divas.

-- TNA Champion A.J. Styles and free agent Rob Van Dam are scheduled to appear on tonight's Between The Ropes radio show, hosted by Brian Fritz and D-Lo Brown. The show airs at 6PM (ET) at BetweenTheRopes.com.