Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758181 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2010, 05:01:14 AM »
credit: JRsBarBQ.com

"I am told that WWE research denotes that most fans do NOT watch all the programming that WWE produces IE people that watch Raw do not necessarily watch Smackdown and visa versa. Nonetheless, for TV exclusivity, to not over expose talents, to provide more roster slots for more deserving talents, and to better facilitate international touring, I don't see the two brands, Raw and Smackdown, merging."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2010, 05:07:59 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me either way.
The old man may keep him around in some capacity just to spite TNA - preventing a Hardy Boyz reunion.
Lol...thats what I figure. His pals Shannon Moore & SHane Helms are already there too.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:51 AM »
Vince may not be the typical old-school promoter, but he's part of the breed and possesses undeniable characteristics of the scum.

There was one tag team (I forget which one) whose contracts expired six months apart.
The promoter intentionally arranged it that way to prevent either guy (and, ultimately, the team) from leaving.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2010, 06:35:06 AM »
Vince may not be the typical old-school promoter, but he's part of the breed and possesses undeniable characteristics of the scum.

There was one tag team (I forget which one) whose contracts expired six months apart.
The promoter intentionally arranged it that way to prevent either guy (and, ultimately, the team) from leaving.

Sounds like something Vince would do.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2010, 05:24:34 PM »
The following is a new article from WWE.com:

Five decades for "The Fink"

By: Greg Adkins

In the late ’70s , three brothers known as the Bee Gees ruled the pop charts, bell-bottomed jeans and platform shoes signaled the height of fashion and World Wrestling Entertainment employeed an enthusiastic ring announcer with impressive intonation and a take-notice timbre named Howard Finkel.

More than 30 years later, Howard’s distinctive vocal skills continue to thrill WWE audiences. His most recent stints announcing in New Hampshire and Massachusetts mark an amazing milestone: Howard has ring announced WWE events in the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, ’00s and ’10s.

His distinguished career began in 1976. Howard, who then worked as an usher in the New Haven (CT.)Coliseum, met Vince McMahon and was offered an opportunity at the microphone. In the years since, “The Fink,” as he is affectionately known, would cement his legacy inside such venues as Madison Square Garden, where he would capture the emotions of the WWE Universe, not only as the voice of the company but also as one of its most ardent fans. Throughout some of WWE’s most pivotal and poignant moments, Howard has been there to convey the temperament of the WWE Universe and to bestow authority upon the company’s most worthy competitors with the words that became The Fink's signature call of a title changing hands: “… and neeewww World Champion …!”

Howard’s lasting achievements were recognized in 2009 when he was inducted into the esteemed WWE Hall of Fame. Although he only competed in the squared circle a handful of times throughout his career, the venerable ring announcer achieved that rarest of honors over his tenure, the enduring respect of the WWE faithful, and the genuine admiration of those who have worked alongside him.

Congratulations, Fink, and here’s to many more years to come!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: September 14, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
Any idea how much he earns?

Never heard much of anything about Finkel.
He's stayed below the radar on just about everything from scandals to anything regarding his personal life.

As far as compensation, I suspect he's treated as a WWE employee as opposed to a talent (contractor).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: September 15, 2010, 07:40:21 AM »

Never heard much of anything about Finkel.
He's stayed below the radar on just about everything from scandals to anything regarding his personal life.

As far as compensation, I suspect he's treated as a WWE employee as opposed to a talent (contractor).
Hogan was using Fink's urine to pass his drug tests in the eighties & early ninties. No for steroids but for recs. It all came out in the steroid trial.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:48 AM »
Hogan was using Fink's urine to pass his drug tests in the eighties & early ninties. No for steroids but for recs. It all came out in the steroid trial.

LMAO!!!
That's right...
I forgot about that!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »

LMAO!!!
That's right...
I forgot about that!

Lol...that is funny shit...can you imagine old bald Fink handing Hogan his urine filled cup?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »
Supposedly, they eventually caught onto what was happening and Vince started sending guys into the stall to watch the wrestlers piss into the cups to eliminate such funny business.
Piper apparently became agitated over this and told Vince something to the effect, "With all the queers you've got working here, ain't no guy gonna look at my pecker while I take a piss!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: September 15, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »
Supposedly, they eventually caught onto what was happening and Vince started sending guys into the stall to watch the wrestlers piss into the cups to eliminate such funny business.
Piper apparently became agitated over this and told Vince something to the effect, "With all the queers you've got working here, ain't no guy gonna look at my pecker while I take a piss!"

More recently (I think it was a year or two ago) with the WWE's wellness policy that Rikishi's son used a prostetic penis to piss out someone else's urine and he got caught leading to his dismisal.

My personal source within the WWE even told me last year that they rarely test with this wellness policy but when they do its random. Most of the roster lines up to pee in a cup and in front of doctors there but conveniently, John Cena, HHH, Batista (when he was still employed there) and the Undertaker were never present.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: September 16, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »
After some issues that happened over the weekend, WWE has banned the drug Carisprodol (better known as somas) as part of a new amendment to the Wellness Policy. WWE Superstars can no longer use somas even if they have a prescription from a doctor. There have been a few changes made to the drug policy that have not been added to WWE's website yet.

Somas have been a major party drug in pro wrestling for decades. They're mainly used to relax muscles, but have resulted in several embarrassing incidents with wrestlers passing out in public after taking too many. Wrestler Louie Spicolli died in 1998 after overdosing on somas & wine.

This is likely the most significant change to the Wellness policy since its inception, as it will have the biggest effect on a segment of the WWE roster. It's said to be a VERY popular drug with WWE talents.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
After some issues that happened over the weekend, WWE has banned the drug Carisprodol (better known as somas) as part of a new amendment to the Wellness Policy. WWE Superstars can no longer use somas even if they have a prescription from a doctor. There have been a few changes made to the drug policy that have not been added to WWE's website yet.

Somas have been a major party drug in pro wrestling for decades. They're mainly used to relax muscles, but have resulted in several embarrassing incidents with wrestlers passing out in public after taking too many. Wrestler Louie Spicolli died in 1998 after overdosing on somas & wine.

This is likely the most significant change to the Wellness policy since its inception, as it will have the biggest effect on a segment of the WWE roster. It's said to be a VERY popular drug with WWE talents.

LOL!!!
The memo probably read something like this...

Effective immediately:
Anyone whose name is NOT John Cena, Mark Calloway, or Paul LeVesque may no longer purchase, possess or consume the drug Carisprodol.

That is all.
Thank you.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: September 16, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
Jim Ross posted the following on his blog in response to the WWE's banning of somas:

"I think that's a great idea.
Too many wrestlers took/take Somas recreationally, much like wrestlers used to smoke weed in the '70s.
Prescription pill abuse is a huge enemy of all wrestlers who abuse them.
Pain medicine, Somas, Ambien, and Xanax are an evil mixture especially when mixed with alcohol and taken in excess."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: September 16, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
According to The Wrestling Observer, the banning of Somas by WWE is reportedly not the only drug that will be added to the new drug policy change that WWE plans to incorporate.
It is expected that a formal announcement of the policy change will eventually be made on the corporate website.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: September 16, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
credit: PWInsider.com

Hulk Hogan has pitched an idea for a new court themed TV show which would be titled "Hogan's Court."
The show would see Hogan act as a judge and mediate disputes between siblings, and targeted at kids roughly between the ages of 8 and 12.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2010, 05:22:42 AM »

LOL!!!
The memo probably read something like this...

Effective immediately:
Anyone whose name is NOT John Cena, Mark Calloway, or Paul LeVesque may no longer purchase, possess or consume the drug Carisprodol.

That is all.
Thank you.

LOL, that is true!

What I don't understand is what do they expect these guys to do if they are in pain after taking a million bumbs a night? If they are responsible and have a perscription I don't see what the problem is. Suspend the abusers and leave it at that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2010, 07:59:21 AM »
The addition of Somas, as well as other Wellness Policy updates, has been officially added to WWE's corporate website, which publicly reveals the details behind the Wellness Policy.

You can read the policy in its entirety here:
http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
credit: wrestlezone.com

TMZ.com is reporting that former WWE star Chyna overdosed on the OTC allergy medicine Benadryl.
The report notes that Chyna took 5 times the prescribed amount to help her fall asleep last night.

She woke up this morning vomiting and was having difficulty walking.
She was then rushed to the hospital where she is now being treated with an IV, and is expected to make a full recovery.

________________________ __________

Benadryl?
That's a new one! :D

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #644 on: September 20, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Yeah, this lady I know has a son who od'd on it. Apparently it can really mess you up, dry out your insides and crap. People keep finding ways to screw themselves up.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2010, 04:36:01 AM »
Jericho pdate:

Chris Jericho will be worked into an angle this next coming Raw show wehere he gets punt kicked by Orton and thus, stretchered out. He is leaving WWE for now.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
PWT:
Last night's episode of WWE Raw following the Night of Champions PPV averaged a 2.80 rating, down from a 3.00 rating the previous two weeks.

Raw averaged 3.93 million viewers off 3.91 million viewers in the first hour and 3.95 million viewers in the second hour.

Raw was the #5 and #6 most-watched show of the night just on cable TV. The show's rating and average viewers were easily the lowest of 2010.

The rating was the first time below the 3.00 level since November 17, 2008. Average viewership was below 4.00 million viewers for the first time since Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve 2007.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:29 AM »
We can expect to see the return of Paul Bearer on this weeks eposide of Smackdown!.

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #648 on: September 22, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »
We can expect to see the return of Paul Bearer on this weeks eposide of Smackdown!.

You're kidding! Didn't the Undertaker bury him in cement, years ago?  How is his return gonna be written/explained?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »
You're kidding! Didn't the Undertaker bury him in cement, years ago?  How is his return gonna be written/explained?
Well, hell bee back this friday night to be worked into the Undertaker / Kane angle.