Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 757447 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Industry News & Notes:
« Reply #1925 on: June 26, 2015, 09:20:21 AM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1926 on: June 29, 2015, 05:50:09 AM »

Where's Russo to turn this into an angle?
 8)

I got your email, by the way. It's among others and several text messages I need to reply to today.  :-[
Lol...cool...

Speaking of Russo, he is now stating that he offered to work at TNA for free.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1927 on: June 29, 2015, 03:14:30 PM »
Lol...cool...

Speaking of Russo, he is now stating that he offered to work at TNA for free.

Is that a recent offer?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1928 on: July 30, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
ORIGINAL: WWE reportedly had plans at one point for Brock Lesnar to be a gay character in their storylines.

According to sources, WWE was considering the idea of debuting a gay character way back in 2002 that would be a tough guy who outs himself as being guy, but would do none of the stereotypes and would be portrayed as a kick-ass main eventer. The idea was for the person to be Lesnar when he made his debut that year.

Originally, the idea came from two of WWE’s magazine writers, one of whom was Brian Solomon. Solomon pitched the idea directly to Stephanie McMahon that year, with the pitch being that it would blow fans away to see an unstoppable hyper-masculine bad ass revealing himself to be gay, and be pushed as a top babyface. WWE felt that they would get huge support from the gay community, as well as positive support from the media for having a “progressive character.”

The people who originally pitched the idea never heard another word about it and didn’t know until recently that the idea actually made it to the writers room. The idea ended up being shot down by older agents in the company who thought it was a terrible idea, and it ended up leading to the Billy and Chuck thing.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1929 on: July 31, 2015, 06:40:19 AM »
ORIGINAL: WWE reportedly had plans at one point for Brock Lesnar to be a gay character in their storylines.

According to sources, WWE was considering the idea of debuting a gay character way back in 2002 that would be a tough guy who outs himself as being guy, but would do none of the stereotypes and would be portrayed as a kick-ass main eventer. The idea was for the person to be Lesnar when he made his debut that year.

Originally, the idea came from two of WWE’s magazine writers, one of whom was Brian Solomon. Solomon pitched the idea directly to Stephanie McMahon that year, with the pitch being that it would blow fans away to see an unstoppable hyper-masculine bad ass revealing himself to be gay, and be pushed as a top babyface. WWE felt that they would get huge support from the gay community, as well as positive support from the media for having a “progressive character.”

The people who originally pitched the idea never heard another word about it and didn’t know until recently that the idea actually made it to the writers room. The idea ended up being shot down by older agents in the company who thought it was a terrible idea, and it ended up leading to the Billy and Chuck thing.
adrian adonis bike gear and then the adorable one wasn't enough...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1930 on: August 24, 2015, 10:04:09 PM »
Lol love these John Cena sucks chants.  ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1931 on: August 26, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
What do you guys think of the return of the Dudley Boyz and also Sting vs Rollins.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1932 on: August 26, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »
Also did you guys see the Tough enough finale with Cesaro?  Both matches were absolutely terrible. And Cesaro was a complet dick to that fatty ZZ. Big dick move IMO.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1933 on: September 02, 2015, 01:37:37 AM »
Grand Jury to Investigate 1983 Death of WWE Legend Jimmy Snuka's Girlfriend
By Marc Middleton
Jan 28, 2014 - 5:16:10 PM

- Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin issued the following press release today, announcing that a grand jury will be investigating the 1983 death of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka's girlfriend, Nancy Argentino.

SEVENTH INVESTIGATING GRAND JURY IN LEHIGH COUNTY TO REVIEW 1983 DEATH OF NEW YORK WOMAN

Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin has directed that evidence in the 1983 death of Nancy L. Argentino of New York be presented to the Seventh Investigating Grand Jury.

Argentino, 23, of Brooklyn, N.Y., died on May 11, 1983, in Allentown.

District Attorney Martin has issued the following statement regarding the death:

“Several months ago, I was contacted by the surviving sisters of Nancy L. Argentino, who died under unusual circumstances. I directed Chief Deputy District Attorney Charles F. Gallagher III to conduct a preliminary review of the investigative file and any and all evidence that was gathered over the past 30 years by the lead Detective, former Whitehall Township Detective and now Lehigh County Detective Gerald Procanyn, and others.

“Chief Deputy District Attorney Gallagher has recommended that the District Attorney’s Office utilize the power and resources of the current Investigating Grand Jury in this matter.

Accordingly, I directed that the circumstances surrounding the death of Nancy L. Argentino, and all evidence related thereto, be presented to the Seventh Investigating Grand Jury, which is currently empanelled.

“Grand Jury proceedings are a time-consuming process, and it will take months before the Grand Jury concludes its work on this case.

“Under the Investigating Grand Jury Act, 42 Pa.C.S.A. §4541 et seq., the proceedings of the Grand Jury are secret and may not be disclosed. Accordingly, I will have no further comment on this matter until the Investigating Grand Jury concludes its work.”

He's been charged: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jimmy-snuka-grand-jury-announcement-20150901-story.html

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1934 on: September 02, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »

He's been charged: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jimmy-snuka-grand-jury-announcement-20150901-story.html

1983... how could they have let this go on for so long, esp considering the evidence at the time????
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1935 on: September 02, 2015, 06:39:44 AM »
i like how superfly was only concerned how nancy's death affected his life... no remorse for the victim whatsoever... anyone else ever read his book..??? brother
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1936 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »
From wrestlezone.com:

However, while Snuka’s name no longer appears in the Hall of Fame section, WWE has yet to make an official announcement regarding Snuka’s current Hall of Fame status.

WWE.com pulling Snuka’s name and profile is similar to what they did with Hulk Hogan, after his racial controversy took place back in July, however as of now it does not appear WWE intends to scrub Snuka from the site as they did with Hogan. WWE.com is still featuring articles and videos pertaining to Jimmy Snuka.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/616345-update-wwe-com-removes-jimmy-superfly-snuka-from-the-wwe-hall-of-fame-section

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I guess in WWE, racial slurs are more serious than murder.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1937 on: September 06, 2015, 06:47:42 AM »
morning call updating story daily, apparently snuka and vinnie mac went into a room with da platt, after they came out the issue was buried reportedly vinnie mac had a briefcase with him  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???    just wonder if this will reopen the lex lugar vs miss elisabeth altercation...  snuka's book was part of the reason this case was reopened as it provided an eighth different accounting of events in that geo washinton motor lodge room
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1938 on: September 14, 2015, 07:03:34 AM »
From wrestlezone.com:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/616345-update-wwe-com-removes-jimmy-superfly-snuka-from-the-wwe-hall-of-fame-section

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I guess in WWE, racial slurs are more serious than murder.
Funny, isn't it?
Hogan has always been singled out for shit. No one can deny that. I just wish that someone would do the same with Cena. Lets check Cena's real urine during a so-called wellness test. lets bug Cena's limo and listen to his real conversations away from the camera. I guarantee you, the game would chenge overnight.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1939 on: September 14, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
morning call updating story daily, apparently snuka and vinnie mac went into a room with da platt, after they came out the issue was buried reportedly vinnie mac had a briefcase with him  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???    just wonder if this will reopen the lex lugar vs miss elisabeth altercation...  snuka's book was part of the reason this case was reopened as it provided an eighth different accounting of events in that geo washinton motor lodge room

It would be kind of funny if this came back to "haunt" Vince.

I'm sure the old man figured that he's moved past all of those 80's scandals.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1940 on: September 14, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
Funny, isn't it?
Hogan has always been singled out for shit. No one can deny that. I just wish that someone would do the same with Cena. Lets check Cena's real urine during a so-called wellness test. lets bug Cena's limo and listen to his real conversations away from the camera. I guarantee you, the game would chenge overnight.

Nah...

They'll protect Cena as long as they can. HE is the one they're now building the product around.

If he's kept his nose clean this far, I predict he'll go all the way. John Cena could very well be the "Babe Ruth" of professional wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1941 on: September 14, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
Funny, isn't it?

I'll also add that Hulkster has had more than his share of issues over the last several years, what with his asshole kid's car accident, the extremely messy divorce, the recorded racist rant, and that pathetic sex tape bullshit.

I'll freely concede that Cena's no saint, but Hogan is deserving of getting the shit he has. I may feel differently if it was just one or two instances. But, the number and caliber of his fiascos leaves me with little sympathy for Terry.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1942 on: September 17, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »

I'll also add that Hulkster has had more than his share of issues over the last several years, what with his asshole kid's car accident, the extremely messy divorce, the recorded racist rant, and that pathetic sex tape bullshit.

I'll freely concede that Cena's no saint, but Hogan is deserving of getting the shit he has. I may feel differently if it was just one or two instances. But, the number and caliber of his fiascos leaves me with little sympathy for Terry.
I totally agree with the highlighted above. Hogan sets himself up for failure because he's way too careless. His biggest problem is he doesn't hide his ugly side (and we all have one) plus he's always getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It doesn't help that he had an airhead gold digger/40,000 dollar a month spender wife who didn't work a day in her life, a daughter who can't sing for shit and cost him money and a son who is dumb as shit who in turn also cost him millions.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1943 on: September 17, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »
I totally agree with the highlighted above. Hogan sets himself up for failure because he's way too careless. His biggest problem is he doesn't hide his ugly side (and we all have one) plus he's always getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It doesn't help that he had an airhead gold digger/40,000 dollar a month spender wife who didn't work a day in her life, a daughter who can't sing for shit and cost him money and a son who is dumb as shit who in turn also cost him millions.

We also need to consider the nature and extent of his "ugly side."
I agree that we all have one, but is it fair to compare yours and mine to Hulk's? I can only speculate that. We would never know unless WE were thrust into those same situations.

As for the rest...
It seems to be a very common thread for rich, famous people to be bled dry by the people who surround them. It's nice to blow $40k/month while it's coming in. But, realize that it won't be coming in forever.
Hogans admitted to having his share of very bad spending habits.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1944 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »

We also need to consider the nature and extent of his "ugly side."
I agree that we all have one, but is it fair to compare yours and mine to Hulk's? I can only speculate that. We would never know unless WE were thrust into those same situations.

As for the rest...
It seems to be a very common thread for rich, famous people to be bled dry by the people who surround them. It's nice to blow $40k/month while it's coming in. But, realize that it won't be coming in forever.
Hogans admitted to having his share of very bad spending habits.
Right now if Hogan is smart, he should lay very low and just live off his new endorsement deal he just signed (not sure what it is) plus his other business ventures. He has cast a dark ugly cloud over his head now that has turned off so many people.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1945 on: September 17, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »
Right now if Hogan is smart, he should lay very low and just live off his new endorsement deal he just signed (not sure what it is) plus his other business ventures. He has cast a dark ugly cloud over his head now that has turned off so many people.

You know more than I...

I didn't know he had one, but I agree!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1946 on: September 20, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »
c/o LOP

TNA Executive Bob Ryder took to his Disqus account and denied the low attendance reports from this weekend's TNA live events: Ryder wrote:

"Just dropping by for a quick hello. No questions, been a long weekend of house shows and I have an early flight. We had three good shows. Everybody worked hard and fans were entertained.

First night we had 850, 500 in Morgantown, and 750 in Belle Vernon. For our return to the road after several months we were happy with the turnout and hope to build on those numbers with shows in Beckley, Salem, Thibodaux, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Biloxi.

Been reading some of the comments and some of you guys need to turn those frowns upside down! :) We may not be announcing things on a time line you want us to, but we have some good things coming and will make announcements once we have finalized the things we are working on.

We are working on everything from how and where we promote house shows, to how we handle merchandise and photo opportunities at the shows, to looking at new talent, etc etc.

Don't join the doom & gloomers who find joy in constantly predicting our demise. We're not going anywhere anytime soon, and we are still a strong number 2 in the United States - nobody else is close. If you will be in the Charlotte area please join us for BFG. If not, please watch the PPV. Thanks for your continued passionate support of TNA. Good things are going to happen soon."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they are good numbers in the current market, what the hell constitutes as a low attendance?!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1947 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »
Finally a good promo by a Diva. Great job by Paige on Raw.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1948 on: September 24, 2015, 08:11:16 AM »
Finally a good promo by a Diva. Great job by Paige on Raw.
Yup...and done by a 22 year old...and that was IMO the best part of the show.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1949 on: October 07, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »
Jimmy Snuka’s Attorney: ‘Grand Jury Is A Sham!’

By Ryan Clark on October 7, 2015

Jimmy Snuka was in court today for a hearing in LeHigh Valley, PA in regards to charges of third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the 1983 death of his then girlfriend, Nancy Argentino in Allentown, PA. The prosecution and defense both agreed they would bypass preliminary hearings in the case. Robert Kirwan, the attorney for Snuka, spoke with The Allentown Morning-Call about the case. Here is what he had to say…

“The sooner this gets brought to court, to a jury, the better. It’s not a day he dreads. It’s a day of freedom for him. He is not dreading this trial. He’s looking forward to clearing his name and I expect him to be found innocent of all charges,”

Kirwan also stated that Argentino’s death was, “simply an unfortunate accident … not murder.” He also added that the grand jury investigation into Argentino’s death was a “sham” due to a ruling that allowed hearsay testimony to be allowed.

Snuka’s health has improved, as he had surgery to remove 3/4ths of his stomach and several lymph nodes. Snuka will be starting chemotherapy and possibly radiation treatments if he remains healthy enough for the treatment.