Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 754841 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes:
« Reply #2225 on: March 23, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »
If Shawn swung both ways I would be surprised...I honestly think its a croc.

Me, too.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2226 on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:45 AM »
We are almost a week away from WrestleMania 33 in Orlando, Florida, and one of the top matches at the event will surely be the one-on-one contest between The Undertaker and Roman Reigns.

After Reigns claimed a few weeks ago that he was going to retire The Undertaker and given The Deadman’s health issues recently, many fans wonder if this will be the last time we see Taker perform in a WWE ring.

And according to reports from StillRealToUs and PWInsider, the impression backstage with WWE officials is that it may be the case as well.

In case you didn’t know...

At the age of 52, The Undertaker’s time in the WWE might be running out.

With his many Mania moments, his epic Mania win streak, and to being a major part of the grand spectacle for over two decades now, The Undertaker is one of a few men who are considered the greatest WrestleMania performers of all-time.

As a matter of fact, his WrestleMania streak reached an unbelievable 21-0 before being broken by Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. Taker has had a match at every Mania since, facing and defeating Bray Wyatt at Mania 31 then Shane McMahon at last year’s event.

However, the last few times The Deadman has been in a WWE ring, he’s left the squared circle looking like a shell of his former self, often limping to the backstage area and even needing medical attention immediately backstage after matches.

Add that to the fact he had hip surgery at the end of 2016, just to return at Royal Rumble a few months later and is rumoured to need more soon, and it’s clear to see that The Deadman doesn’t have much time left in his career.

The heart of the matter

According to the report, Taker’s health issues were at the forefront for WWE’s creative team this past week backstage, especially after Taker took a huge spear from Roman Reigns that resulted in The Deadman walking around backstage in a lot of pain.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2227 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:23 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: Smackdown! Wife of WWE champ Bray Wyatt files for divorce accusing him of 'adultery and misdeeds' as her lawyer claims he's having an affair with ring announcer and ex Total Diva star Jojo Offerman
WWE baddie Bray Wyatt's wife Samantha Rotunda has just filed for divorce in Florida accusing him of adultery
Until now, Wyatt (aka Windham Rotunda) and Offerman managed to keep their relationship on the down low
In his counter-petition for divorce filed in Hernando County, Wyatt has requested an injunction to force his wife to keep quiet about the split
He claims Samantha made 'defamatory statements about the husband to several people in the community in an effort to ruin his reputation'
She counters his allegations  are an 'attempt to pull the wool over the public's eyes when his antics and affairs become more public'
Jojo has garnered a huge following with her nightly selfies in skin-tight clothes for fans who can't make it to the arena

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4586294/WWE-champ-Bray-Wyatt-wife-divorce-Jojo-Offerman.html#ixzz4jtaZv94q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2228 on: October 13, 2017, 04:24:06 AM »
Rumors are flying around regarding Neville’s status with WWE after he missed this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw and then the following night’s episode of 205 Live. Those rumors indicate he quit the promotion and plans for both shows had to be changed at the last minute because of it.

There are a few reports on the situation floating around. Pro Wrestling Sheet notes Neville was the one originally set for the Lumberjack Match that happened in the main event of Raw this week and he was scheduled to lose. He walked out before the show started and Kalisto was moved into that spot and, as you saw, he was booked to win the title.

The Wrestling Observer is also reporting that Neville walked out before Raw while adding WWE is currently denying that he quit the company. Dave Meltzer reported the Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto match wasn’t supposed to happen until TLC.

As of now, no one has been willing to go on record with any reporting or even speculation on what may have caused Neville to walk out. He’s been quiet on social media dating back to Sept. 28.

We’ll update as many more details become available.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2229 on: October 20, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
Bray Wyatt, Bo, and Reigns are out with viral infection.

AJ Styles will sub for Bray vs Finn Balor and Kurt Angle will sub for Roman Reigns.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2230 on: October 21, 2017, 04:12:04 AM »
Bray Wyatt, Bo, and Reigns are out with viral infection.

AJ Styles will sub for Bray vs Finn Balor and Kurt Angle will sub for Roman Reigns.

I wonder how much Kurt's been working out in the ring since his last match.

His conditioning is probably not far off - if at all - but, I speak from experience when I say that your body can and WILL lose its tolerance for bumping, hitting ropes, etc. after a period.

It will be great too see him perform in a match again, though. A tag match will also split the work, giving Kurt "breaks" throughout.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2231 on: October 29, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
Lion Rush makes a controversial joke about Emma being released. Several superstars respond including Bray Wyatt!

http://www.tpww.net/2017/10/lio-rush-jokes-about-emmas-release-wrestlers-get-mad-at-him/

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2232 on: October 31, 2017, 05:05:37 AM »

I wonder how much Kurt's been working out in the ring since his last match.

His conditioning is probably not far off - if at all - but, I speak from experience when I say that your body can and WILL lose its tolerance for bumping, hitting ropes, etc. after a period.

It will be great too see him perform in a match again, though. A tag match will also split the work, giving Kurt "breaks" throughout.
Kurt is an Olympic athlete. Lol enough said. His skills are stellar.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2233 on: January 29, 2018, 03:52:37 AM »
Rhonda Rousey now a full time WWE wrestler.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2234 on: January 29, 2018, 04:06:08 AM »
Rhonda Rousey now a full time WWE wrestler.
Yup..saw that. Looks like she will be challenging one of the female champs at WM.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2235 on: March 12, 2018, 04:46:32 AM »
Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed Jeff Hardy was arrested in North Carolina over the weekend for driving while impaired.

A rep for the Cabarrus County Sherriff’s Office tells us Jeff was booked into custody on Saturday around 10:30 pm. Hardy was released from custody about an hour later.

Wrestling Inc reports that the arrest took place after Jeff ran off the roadway around 8pm and struck a guardrail, which caused his car to spin out into the middle of the right northbound lane. We’ve made attempts to confirm the information with police, but have yet to hear back.

According to PWInsider, Hardy has been hit with a 30 day pretrial revocation of his driver’s license and is slated to appear in Cabarrus County Court on April 16th.

As we previously reported, Jeff has been cleared to return by a surgeon and is waiting on official clearance from WWE.

We’ll keep you updated as further information is made available.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2236 on: March 12, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »
Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed Jeff Hardy was arrested in North Carolina over the weekend for driving while impaired.

A rep for the Cabarrus County Sherriff’s Office tells us Jeff was booked into custody on Saturday around 10:30 pm. Hardy was released from custody about an hour later.

Wrestling Inc reports that the arrest took place after Jeff ran off the roadway around 8pm and struck a guardrail, which caused his car to spin out into the middle of the right northbound lane. We’ve made attempts to confirm the information with police, but have yet to hear back.

According to PWInsider, Hardy has been hit with a 30 day pretrial revocation of his driver’s license and is slated to appear in Cabarrus County Court on April 16th.

As we previously reported, Jeff has been cleared to return by a surgeon and is waiting on official clearance from WWE.

We’ll keep you updated as further information is made available.

Is Jeff ever NOT "impaired?"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2237 on: March 13, 2018, 04:47:59 AM »

Is Jeff ever NOT "impaired?"
Ya no kidding..this kid never seems to learn. He can kiss the rest of his WWE contract good bye because I highly doubt they will let him back into the company especially now with their stringent policies.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2238 on: March 13, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »
Ya no kidding..this kid never seems to learn. He can kiss the rest of his WWE contract good bye because I highly doubt they will let him back into the company especially now with their stringent policies.

I doubt he cares.
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2239 on: March 14, 2018, 07:29:46 AM »

I doubt he cares.
 ;D
Nope...he's not...

Jeff Hardy Net worth from House, Car to Anual Income - Celebrity Curry

Feb 18, 2018 - How Rich Jeff Hardy is? If we talk about the net income of Jeff then we will get to know that his income depends upon the Wrestling world as well as guest appearance on small screen. His effort has finally resultant in form of wealth that is approximately about $12 Million.
Source of Income‎: ‎Wrestling
Home Town‎: ‎North Carolina
Age‎: ‎39

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2240 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:40 AM »
The final WWE Hall of Fame inductee for the class of 2018 has been announced — Mark Henry.

USA Today first reported the news, which WWE later confirmed, and Henry told the publication he was brought to tears after learning it would happen “a little while back.”

“The World Strongest Man” will be inducted WrestleMania 34 weekend alongside Goldberg, The Dudley Boyz, Ivory, Jeff Jarrett, Hillbilly Jim and Kid Rock.

Henry also revealed that he just finished working on an HBO show that should come out in June.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2241 on: March 21, 2018, 04:35:35 AM »

In what has easily become the most shocking development of an already historical, Topsy-turvy WrestleMania season, WWE announced the following:

Following more than two years of extensive evaluations, four-time World Champion Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring competition by leading neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts, including Dr. Robert Cantu, Dr. Javier Cárdenas and Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

In an ensuing press release pertaining to Bryan's return, included at the end of this article, WWE went on to provide biographies of doctors Robert Cantu, Javier Cardenas and Jeffrey Kutcher, who at this point might as well be eligible for Sainthood on Reddit's Squared Circle pro wrestling message board.

After being made to retire in 2016 against his wishes, Bryan's everyday struggle to return to a wrestling ring quickly became the center of his universe. WWE doctor Joseph Maroon remained steadfast in his decision to revoke clearance from Bryan, whose sudden retirement came as a result of a lesion found in his brain. Despite marrying fellow professional wrestler Brie Bella in 2014 and becoming a new father in 2017, Bryan's life was incomplete without his first love of professional wrestling, which he pursued immediately after he graduated high school.

Country Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2242 on: April 16, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »

They just let him win the United States Championship from Jinder Mahal so I guess nobody there thought it was that big of a deal - surprising to me considering the way they've handled wrestlers getting in trouble lately...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2243 on: January 18, 2019, 05:25:24 AM »
Braun Strowman is reportedly in big trouble backstage with WWE owner Vince McMahon and the company’s management.

The Monster Among Men, who stands 6-foot-8, has allegedly had a series of run-ins with top brass — with insiders saying he is “his own worst enemy.”

Strowman, 35, is one of the biggest stars on the roster and has enjoyed a huge push into the Universal Title picture over the past 18 months.

Many expected him to win the title at last week’s Crown Jewel pay-per-view but were left shocked when he lost an extremely quick match to Brock Lesnar for the belt.

The apparent reluctance to make the 385-pound giant WWE’s top man has left many baffled, but PW Insider’s Mike Johnson claims it is because of major “heat” backstage.

Four different sources confirmed Strowman is in hot water after developing a reputation for arriving late and leaving shows early.

Johnson said: “There are times where Strowman is negligent when it comes to showing up on time.

“Sometimes he makes mistakes in terms of etiquette in the backstage in the locker room,” Johnson said. “Sometimes, as one person put it, he’s his own worst enemy and his worst advocate.

“They would be high on him and just when he gets to the point where you would think the next step is putting him into the centerpiece position for the company [then] something happens and he makes some sort of misstep backstage and people within management kind of cool on him and they take a step back.”

Meanwhile, Strowman is also believed to be having serious injury troubles, with Dave Meltzer claiming his “knees are shot.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2244 on: March 01, 2019, 11:36:48 AM »
Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Dana Warrior has joined the WWE creative team. Dana started her new role at the RAW taping on Monday. WWE wants Dana to offer a female perspective. WWE wants to see how Dana does before making her new role permanent. Oh Christ....she knows about as much of wrestling as I do the Hubble Telescope...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2245 on: March 02, 2019, 04:42:00 AM »
Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Dana Warrior has joined the WWE creative team. Dana started her new role at the RAW taping on Monday. WWE wants Dana to offer a female perspective. WWE wants to see how Dana does before making her new role permanent. Oh Christ....she knows about as much of wrestling as I do the Hubble Telescope...

LOL!!!

I thought I'd read that Vince offered her some sort of monetary compensation after Hellwig died - something along the lines of Vickie Guerrero in which she would have "a" role in the company. I believe she's remained somehow affiliated with them since Warrior's passing as evidenced by at least one "Warrior Award" I recall seeing a terminally ill child receive.

Maybe this new role is to try out something new that may benefit Dana and even possibly the company. Things can't get much lamer than they are now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2246 on: March 02, 2019, 05:51:21 AM »
I've also learned that the Fed has rehired Bruce Prichard. Does anyone know in what capacity?

I enjoy Prichard's podcasts (the ones on MLW; not the WWE Network). He covers a lot of stories and events that took place during the years I loved pro wrestling, and I've learned quite a few things I never knew as a 30+ year historian ("smark").

Bruce makes no effort to hide his dislike for Jerry Jarrett - as a promoter/booker - claiming that, during their time together in WWF's inner-circle with Pat & Vince, Jerry never proposed a single idea that would draw money past 1980.
It will be interesting to see how Bruce's input will fare in the current climate.

There's also a popular belief that competition is good for everyone. It forces companies to improve their performance to remain competitive, as well it gives consumers more and better options to choose from. Vince was often said to have been at his best when he had direct competition from Crockett/Turner.

If AEW proves to be more than another TNA, and if the current top wrestling promotion makes enough successful adjustments, maybe we will see the pro wrestling landscape start making some changes for the better.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2247 on: March 04, 2019, 12:04:03 PM »

LOL!!!

I thought I'd read that Vince offered her some sort of monetary compensation after Hellwig died - something along the lines of Vickie Guerrero in which she would have "a" role in the company. I believe she's remained somehow affiliated with them since Warrior's passing as evidenced by at least one "Warrior Award" I recall seeing a terminally ill child receive.

Maybe this new role is to try out something new that may benefit Dana and even possibly the company. Things can't get much lamer than they are now.
She knows as much about writing pro wrestling storylines as I do the Hubble Telescope.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2248 on: March 04, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
Reports are surfacing that the reason Arn Anderson was released by WWE is that he let Alicia Fox wrestle after arriving at a WWE event intoxicated.

When Arn Anderson was released a couple of weeks ago, there was some shock among insiders but also reports that Vince McMahon and Anderson didn't always see eye to eye. Speculation was the two men had finally come to the end of their respective ropes and agreed to part ways. A recent report by WrestlingInc. suggests there may be more the story of Anderson's firing.

"Wrestling Inc. has confirmed with multiple sources that Anderson was fired because [Alicia] Fox showed up at a live event intoxicated," the scribe writes. They add that Anderson was the agent for her match, knew she was not fit to perform and let her anyway, potentially risking serious injury to her opponent. Vince McMahon was reportedly furious when he found out and it was the final straw, resulting in Anderson's immediate termination.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2249 on: March 04, 2019, 03:04:27 PM »
Reports are surfacing that the reason Arn Anderson was released by WWE is that he let Alicia Fox wrestle after arriving at a WWE event intoxicated.

When Arn Anderson was released a couple of weeks ago, there was some shock among insiders but also reports that Vince McMahon and Anderson didn't always see eye to eye. Speculation was the two men had finally come to the end of their respective ropes and agreed to part ways. A recent report by WrestlingInc. suggests there may be more the story of Anderson's firing.

"Wrestling Inc. has confirmed with multiple sources that Anderson was fired because [Alicia] Fox showed up at a live event intoxicated," the scribe writes. They add that Anderson was the agent for her match, knew she was not fit to perform and let her anyway, potentially risking serious injury to her opponent. Vince McMahon was reportedly furious when he found out and it was the final straw, resulting in Anderson's immediate termination.

WTF if true?

Why would Arn allow that shit?