Author Topic: BSN True mass  (Read 2790 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
BSN True mass
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »
i have never tried a weight gainer supplement, but want to give this one a try.... anyone tried this??

thanks

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: BSN True mass
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:23:45 AM »
Trey Brewer used it and got up to 320lbs!!  :o

So it's gotta work!!
No doubt about it...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:37:26 PM »
why not just make your own?
u could do whey, oats, peanut butter and fruit
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
i have never tried a weight gainer supplement, but want to give this one a try.... anyone tried this??

thanks

That particular product, NO!

I have used N-Large2, Mega Mass 2000, and (since I've slowly incorporated weight gainers back into my regime), Up Your Mass and IsoMass Xtreme.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »
That particular product, NO!

I have used N-Large2, Mega Mass 2000, and (since I've slowly incorporated weight gainers back into my regime), Up Your Mass and IsoMass Xtreme.

N-Large 2 works!!! I put on 30 lbs with that stuff!!
D

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »
how about serious mass or muscle juice?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:51:11 AM »
u should check out Beverly International's Ultra Size or Mass Maker
w

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »
I have a friend who's using it now and really likes it. He's put on some quality pounds.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 03:13:20 AM »
u should check out Beverly International's Ultra Size or Mass Maker

Excellent advice Geno,  I would actually forgo the mass maker and just add heavy cream and peanut butter to the ultra size.  That's the best "weight gainer" I've ever used.

Wray98

• Getbig II
  • CTD Sales Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »
I like to put peanut butter...  cup and a 1/2 of raw oats with 60 grams of whey

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »
Excellent advice Geno,  I would actually forgo the mass maker and just add heavy cream and peanut butter to the ultra size.  That's the best "weight gainer" I've ever used.

Good recommendation but is not light on the wallet either.

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
White sugar + steak = saved money

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
I've been using true mass for @ 6 months. I switched from labrada when they got too expensive.
I like the product. I mix 1 and 1/2 cups water, 3 ice cubes, 1 banana, 1 handful raspberries, 1 large scoop peanut butter, and blend, then I'll add in 3 scoops of the true mass.
The cholesterol is a little high in it, so you may need to offset that somewhere else in your diet.
I get it from bodybuilding.com for Mid $30's

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »
ive yet to see a quality 'weight gainer' with a good ingredient listing that makes since at a good price.  

you can and should make your own "weight gain" shakes, that way its MUCH cheaper, and you can put in ingredients that make sense in amounts that make sense. and make it taste good too.

oh and peroni - dietary cholestrol does not effect your lipid panel and is actually a very good thing to eat, esp. as a natural bodybuilder.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »
atlarge nutrition's maximus is definately worth a look as an option...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
ive yet to see a quality 'weight gainer' with a good ingredient listing that makes since at a good price.  

Then, you're shopping at the wrong places. GNC has plenty of them; as for the good price, simply wait for the clearance sales.  ;D

you can and should make your own "weight gain" shakes, that way its MUCH cheaper, and you can put in ingredients that make sense in amounts that make sense. and make it taste good too.

It's not cheaper anymore, especially with the prices of eggs and milk these days. You'd have better luck going to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and looking for clearance sales (i.e. the 13-lb buckets of Mass XXX for $28, or less, if you have a Gold Card).

You could try going to Wal-Mart and getting the Great Value (generic Wal-Mart brand) cand of evaporated milk, if you're really strapped for cash. One 12-oz can has 300 calories (skim) or 480 calories (whole) and 24 grams of protein.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
These weight gainers are better now than they were way back when they were 2000+ calories a shake.  At least there not so "gimmicky" now and have some quality nutrients in them. 

You could make your own, sure but I'm not so sure its cheaper that way.

By the way I am a retailer and I sell True Mass for $39.  Not plugging my store mods and I do not sell online, just giving an idea of the costs.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:48 PM »
you can get it MUCH cheaper.

5 bucks for 5 ounces  safflower oil, 5 bucks per pound of whey, 3-4 bucks per pound of maltodextrin

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »
These weight gainers are better now than they were way back when they were 2000+ calories a shake.  At least there not so "gimmicky" now and have some quality nutrients in them. 

You could make your own, sure but I'm not so sure its cheaper that way.

By the way I am a retailer and I sell True Mass for $39.  Not plugging my store mods and I do not sell online, just giving an idea of the costs.

Have to agree it's defanitely more convenient to get a good drink mix these days

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:17 AM »

oh and peroni - dietary cholestrol does not effect your lipid panel and is actually a very good thing to eat, esp. as a natural bodybuilder.

Sorry to break the news to you, but ingesting too much cholesterol isn't a good idea...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 10:43:12 AM »
Sorry to break the news to you, but ingesting too much cholesterol isn't a good idea...
in my opinion its a fantastic idea.

why do you think its a bad idea?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 05:01:51 AM »
Yes true mass works. My husband used it too. He also has a very high metabolism and wanted to get bigger lifting weights. It just gives your body extra calories and protein so it can grow bigger. You need to feed your body so it can grow.

Wrinkle Treatment

wow!!

What a revelation!!

::)

No doubt about it...

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »
you can get it MUCH cheaper.

5 bucks for 5 ounces  safflower oil, 5 bucks per pound of whey, 3-4 bucks per pound of maltodextrin

Ya you can do it that way too, it is cheaper.  Just keep in mind something like True Mass has a blend of different proteins in it beyond whey.  Some may find that beneficial.