Author Topic: Ironman 2009 - AD Cherry, i am not defending him  (Read 3824 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ironman 2009 - AD Cherry, i am not defending him
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »
I am not defending AD Cherry, but after looking at these photos, you can see that man was clearly off. Either 3 things happened,  1) he took to strong of a diuretic and it flattened him out 2) He took to much Cytodren and it smoothed him out .3) he got really stressed or nervous, and his body released cortisol.

He could have gotten to a fight with his wife, and it got him stressed out,or he was so nervous about looking bad on stage that his body released cortisol and made him smooth.

I am willing to bet cortisol is clearly the culprit here.I have seen guys look totally peeled the day before a show, and get in a fight with there girl, or get stressed out and within a day look smooth and flat.It happended to me on one occasion.Once your body releases cortisol and smooths you out, there is no saving you, no matter what you do or eat you will still look like shit.

AD Cherry seems like a really nice guy, and by looking at his precontest videos and pics he clearly dieted and did everything right.I just think something or someone upset him, and it smoothed him out.
What can be learned from this, avoid stress at all costs!!!!

AD seems to be a nice guy, and seems to have his head on straight, he just needs to pull it all together for a show.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Re: I am no defending AD Cherry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »
I am not defending AD Cherry, but after looking at these photos, you can see that man was clearly off.Either 3 things happened,  1)he took to strong of a diuretic and it flattened him out 2) He took to much Cytodren and it smoothed him out .3) he got really stressed or nervous, and his body released cortisol.
He could have gotten to a fight with his wife, and it got him stressed out,or he was so nervous about looking bad on stage that his body released cortisol and made him smooth.
I am willing to bet cortisol is clearly the culprit here.I have seen guys look totally peeled the day before a show, and get in a fight with there girl, or get stressed out and within a day look smooth and flat.It happended to me on one occasion.Once your body releases cortisol and smooths you out, there is no saving you, no matter what you do or eat you will still look like shit.
AD Cherry seems like a really nice guy, and by looking at his precontest videos and pics he clearly dieted and did everything right.I just think something or someone upset him, and it smoothed him out.
AD seems to be a nice guy, and seems to have his head on straight, he just needs to pull it all together for a show.

Got to be his wife's fault!  ;D
U

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
I am not defending AD Cherry, but after looking at these photos, you can see that man was clearly off.Either 3 things happened,  1)he took to strong of a diuretic and it flattened him out 2) He took to much Cytodren and it smoothed him out .3) he got really stressed or nervous, and his body released cortisol.

C'mon man.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »
AD Cherry posted pics and videos of his contest prep, he was clearly on target.How does a guy go from being on target to off target like I said before 1 0f 3 things.1) Diuretic) Cytodren) Cortisol.
AD looked better 1 week out then he did on stage.So something he did made him look off.
Now if he looked like sh%$ a week out , then it was a lack of prep.He looked pretty good from the videos he posted.
The guy just let his nerves get the best of him or took something that flattened him out

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: I am not defending AD Cherry
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:32:03 AM »
he looks like he added some good mass but his condidtion was terrible

I dont know what he hopes to achieve either, that pec tear will always prevent him from winning anything----Ive addressed the issue before but it's retarded he didnt take care of that injury immediately, thats like a NFL prospect blowing out his knee and not getting surgery on it until his knee is fucked

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
he looks like he added some good mass but his condidtion was terrible

I dont know what he hopes to achieve either, that pec tear will always prevent him from winning anything----Ive addressed the issue before but it's retarded he didnt take care of that injury immediately, thats like a NFL prospect blowing out his knee and not getting surgery on it until his knee is fucked
tony freeman just got 4th at the mr O

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
tony freeman just got 4th at the mr O
yeah but freeman's is not as apparent and bad as Cherry's-------plus, AD will never be as big as Freeman, he needs all hte asthetics adn symmetry he can get

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

flat bench does this.  stick to dumbbells.

Oh...Monica!

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »

flat bench does this.  stick to dumbbells.

You're saying he should've stuck with dumbells and machines.
U

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
yeah but freeman's is not as apparent and bad as Cherry's-------plus, AD will never be as big as Freeman, he needs all hte asthetics adn symmetry he can get
oh i think freemans is just as apparant, more so in the front double bi. sticks out in that shot.

when freeman started lifting he was SKIIIINNNNNNYYYYY. i mean like a toothpick. at his height i believe he said he was like 155/165?     its possible ad could get to his size.

i

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
This is a man who you can tell is just flat.If you know what to look for you can see that his bodyfat is low, and he is very lean.
He is just flat.Something he did ,his body did not like, and this is the result of it.I bet after his stress level goes down or he eats up he will fill out and looked full and ripped.I beleive AD is a smart guy, he just let his nerves or something get the best of him.
He is only human, we all have off days

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »
C,mon Dude,

he is not "just" flat.

He has a significant amount of fat on his back, glutes and hams.

My guess is that he thought he would look too small if he was well conditioned,
and so decided to come in "big"

Compare him someone who actually diets properly.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:04 PM »
Either 3 things happened,  1)he took to strong of a diuretic and it flattened him out

How is that possible?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:35 PM »
C,mon Dude,

he is not "just" flat.

He has a significant amount of fat on his back, glutes and hams.

My guess is that he thought he would look too small if he was well conditioned,
and so decided to come in "big"

Compare him someone who actually diets properly.

Yup.

How is that possible?

Muscle = water. I don't think that's all he had a "problem" with though.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
Yup.

Muscle = water. I don't think that's all he had a "problem" with though.

Is there something "Van_Bilderass"  ::)

Sorry i just couldnt resist :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »
Can someone post a picture of AD when he was at his best? I've never been present when he competed and have yet to see any contest photo of AD that impressed me in the least.

So maybe I just have to see a photo of what AD looked like at his best in my effort to form a more valid opinion.

I've heard tons of good stuff about this athlete but have never seen a decent shot of him to justify such adulation.

Thanks.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
maybe he had a couple of diet sodas and it ruined his diet?
tank u jesus

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »
He needed another 2-4 weeks of hard dieting.  He just wasn't lean enough.  He wasn't flat or holden too much water he needed to diet more or harder.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »
Reminds me of Luke Wood that one time he showed up like this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
Can someone post a picture of AD when he was at his best? I've never been present when he competed and have yet to see any contest photo of AD that impressed me in the least.

So maybe I just have to see a photo of what AD looked like at his best in my effort to form a more valid opinion.

I've heard tons of good stuff about this athlete but have never seen a decent shot of him to justify such adulation.

Thanks.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »
he looks great in those shots

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »
he looks great in those shots

WHERE ARE YOUR PICS BIG GUY

Stavios

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »

WHERE ARE YOUR PICS BIG GUY
???

Where are yours ? ;D

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »
???

Where are yours ? ;D

i posted one showing my stretch marks, how about you commando?

Stavios

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »
i posted one showing my stretch marks, how about you commando?

I posted many over the years  :D