Author Topic: Whats your calorie intake when dieting?  (Read 3124 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Whats your calorie intake when dieting?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »
i wish lol, that would have been nice, but the "base" diet was pretty low wasnt it bro?

I have been doing this for so long that I don't count cals at all. I can just know pretty much know off the bat what to start someone at depending on what they weight and how they look.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »
but do calories really matter?

arent the macro nutrients more important anyways??

Stavios

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
but do calories really matter?

arent the macro nutrients more important anyways??

milos doesn't count calories too

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
looking great!
what was so different between 1990 and 1991? -- did you use a different cycle which allowed you to eat much more?
you dieted on 4000 calories!?!?! if I ate that much I would put on 2.5 pounds of fat a week!

1990 i starved myself so bad that i hardly slept for months. i seriously tortured myself not knowing any better. afterwards, i thought i could never compete again because i couldn't go through that again. the Parillo diet came out that year and touted high carbs moderate protein and no fat. i force fed myself getting the calories in. i got just about as lean, 2 two hour weight workouts per day and 3 one hour bike sessions- no bullshit, i was obsessed. i never took training as serious ever again, tho i competed right up to 2007.

pretty sure the high carbs and no fats contributed to the hypoglycemia i developed that year.

pretty much the same extremely moderate cycle for those two shows, never tried higher dosages till 1999 or so, but by then my heart wasn't really into it so its hard to say how much difference that might have made.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 05:50:21 AM »
1990 i starved myself so bad that i hardly slept for months. i seriously tortured myself not knowing any better. afterwards, i thought i could never compete again because i couldn't go through that again. the Parillo diet came out that year and touted high carbs moderate protein and no fat. i force fed myself getting the calories in. i got just about as lean, 2 two hour weight workouts per day and 3 one hour bike sessions- no bullshit, i was obsessed. i never took training as serious ever again, tho i competed right up to 2007.

pretty sure the high carbs and no fats contributed to the hypoglycemia i developed that year.

pretty much the same extremely moderate cycle for those two shows, never tried higher dosages till 1999 or so, but by then my heart wasn't really into it so its hard to say how much difference that might have made.

holy dedication...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
Hazbin, You're caloric intake on those two separate occasions (1,100 calories a day and 4,000 calories a day) which allowed you to lose the bodyfat to compete, is interesting.

I am not a diet expert by any means but in both those cases it appears that you went to extremes. What the hell did your diet consist of at 1,100 calories a day?

I can fully understand how you lost weight with only 1,100 calories a day but it is beyond my understanding how you managed to do the same with the 4,000 calories a day diet.

Can you provide the details and what program were you using when those contest photos were taken. Great condition by the way!

Thanks, Haz: I'm totally interested because I am presently on a 1,500 cal a day program with aerobics (50 min) plus lifting relatively light wts. Once I get my BF as low as possible, I'll increase the lifting in an effort to gain more muscle size.

Any comments or advice from  you guys who have done this or some similar body fat loss diet is appreciated.

Thanks.....

valhalla

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 04:34:51 AM »
The guys im helping usually diet on somehwere between 2500 and 3500 cals a day.

It all depends on factors such as age, mass, height etc.

I think the best way is to set the protein,fats,fiber,vit/mins and then adjust the carbs as needed.

Val

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 07:03:36 AM »
The guys im helping usually diet on somehwere between 2500 and 3500 cals a day.

It all depends on factors such as age, mass, height etc.

I think the best way is to set the protein,fats,fiber,vit/mins and then adjust the carbs as needed.

Val

true