Author Topic: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?  (Read 55893 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »
I have seen numerous successfull,happy,confident men become a shell of there former self after getting married.and eventually getting divorced.worst decision a man can make?I think so...

"What's the matter Harry?  Some little philly break your heart?"

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
Marriage only works as a business agreement.
This is what I've been told time and time again.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »
his wife is also a Harvard graduate
and a member of the Harvard 100 list

not to mention, ugly as a sack of assholes.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
i used to be a gun-toting, heartless capitalist A-hold.

Getting married turned me into this compassionate wussy more concerned with rising healthcare costs than getting laid.

stay single, brah.

lol......that's it. I'm changing my mind

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2009, 12:44:01 PM »
Let me tell you bastards something...one of the most sickening feelings you could ever experience (I hope you do not, so I tell this here and now) is when you are married, and that person, who you've shared your everything with, who you thought you could trust, turns on you.

Turns out, you never really knew her at all. She never "got you", or understood you. She was never your "friend". It is this whole other person, who's been living with you, for who knows how long, just waiting to turn on you.....to stab you through the heart, and take everything you have on top f it.

Learn from those who have lived through it. Don't roll your eyes at the "advices" we give you. I wish someone had told me.....

Fuck, I'll never get married then.

Mongol

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
Here's my thoughts on the matter....
Historically marriage was a way for a man to tell the world that this woman is now essentially his property annd no other man can fuck with her. It was the man that went to work whilst the woman had the children and by far the majority of the time brought them up, looked after them etc etc. The woman KNEW she had to toe the line and please her man as if he wanted to get rid of her she was out - children or not!! In other words the man had the power in the relationship and the woman knew she had to step up and be a good wife (with all the ramifications of that term!) Fast forward to modern times and due to rampant feminisation, hugely biased family/ divorce laws and "modern men" (a term I could moan about for literally days at a time, and often do!!) marriage has become an institution soley for the benefit of women. They patently now realise that the concequences of being a poor, nasty, adulterous wife (or simply a horrid person in whichever way it manifests itself) are simply a divorce where she will benefit faaaaar more than thhe man will anyway!!! (especially if children are involved)
Women seem to latch on to this overly kitsch romantic notion that marriage solves everything and "controls" the man as she now finally "has" him in all ways possible. Every single one of my mates who has got married says that their wives very rappidly change for the worst and become extreemly controlling down to the finest detail. As i mentioned earlier Im sure it's because women know that if they act like a bitch whats the guy gonna do? Get a divorce and loose pretty much everything he's ever worked for? Getting married gives the power to the woman whereas historically it gave the power to the men.
Anyway, thats just my opinion and I really shouldnt be here when the "spandex" thread exists!! ;D                 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »
not to mention, ugly as a sack of assholes.

She's pretty and has a good attitude.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2009, 02:05:08 PM »
She's hot in a King Kong sort of way.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2009, 02:15:14 PM »

If you think that's pretty....damn bro.  I don't want to see your dates.

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »
Getting married was the best thing I have done -

Gayer than not sniffing your fingers after opening a can of tuna.  :D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2009, 02:51:25 PM »
I have seen numerous successfull,happy,confident men become a shell of there former self after getting married.and eventually getting divorced.worst decision a man can make?I think so...
A marriage is a job that takes two. If one is working hard at it...it's going to fail.  The trick is knowing if your mate is a hard worker, or just a slug.  ;)  It works both ways. 
:D Weee

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
Here's another twist....I was checking a myspace chica the other day. Now I saw her page about three months ago, she wasn't seeing or dating anybody. As of Jan.2009 she went to Egypt and got married to a 24 yr old dude she doesn't even know. And she is 32, with a young girl. She has a Master's degree in some physch field and is a artist. Fine as hell too. But what the fuck would you marry some foreign dude that you don't know jack shit about? When most marriages in end in the shitter, how the fuck....

And the thing is, most guys like the ones on here, and myslef included would have told a dude in the same scenario, do do that shit. But her girlfriends are like, Congrats, and giving props. Totally differnt perspective. Women think of of wedding, yet don't think about the actual MARRIAGE. Men think of marriage like a business proposal, or like buying a car...how much is the bitch gonna depreciate over time.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
Here's another twist....I was checking a myspace chica the other day. Now I saw her page about three months ago, she wasn't seeing or dating anybody. As of Jan.2009 she went to Egypt and got married to a 24 yr old dude she doesn't even know. And she is 32, with a young girl. She has a Master's degree in some physch field and is a artist. Fine as hell too. But what the fuck would you marry some foreign dude that you don't know jack shit about? When most marriages in end in the shitter, how the fuck....

And the thing is, most guys like the ones on here, and myslef included would have told a dude in the same scenario, do do that shit. But her girlfriends are like, Congrats, and giving props. Totally differnt perspective. Women think of of wedding, yet don't think about the actual MARRIAGE. Men think of marriage like a business proposal, or like buying a car...how much is the bitch gonna depreciate over time.
I agree that women romanticise weddings/marriage.  But I don't agree about how men look at it.  I think men look at marriage in fear of what they will lose (money, freedom, other women, etc).

It's sad, because you should get married knowing that you WANT to spend the rest of your life with this person and only this person and that NO ONE else in the world makes you as comfortable and happy and whom you can always count on no matter what the circumstances.  Seems now people get married without really considering those things.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2009, 03:17:40 PM »
A marriage is a job that takes two. If one is working hard at it...it's going to fail.  The trick is knowing if your mate is a hard worker, or just a slug;)  It works both ways. 

haha Laura are you saying mike is a slug?  ;D
TEAM Nasser

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
She's hot in a King Kong sort of way.

Both of you have serious baggage, as seen in your posts. Explains the warped perspectives. She looks better than any other first lady i can think of, works out and is lookin good.

Hope that helps.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »

Yep, Michelle is the total package. She brings a lot more to the table than a big ass.. This woman has brains is savvy, can speak articulately and represents herself and her husband well in public plus I bet the pussy had low miles before Barack hit it. Now who would your parents rather you bring home. A woman with these qualities or some mindless blonde bimbo hell bent on you child support check?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
Now who would your parents rather you bring home. A woman with these qualities or some mindless blonde bimbo hell bent on you child support check?

I think we know the answer as to why these geniuses have major baggage and divorces. ;D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
I agree that women romanticise weddings/marriage.  But I don't agree about how men look at it.  I think men look at marriage in fear of what they will lose (money, freedom, other women, etc).

It's sad, because you should get married knowing that you WANT to spend the rest of your life with this person and only this person and that NO ONE else in the world makes you as comfortable and happy and whom you can always count on no matter what the circumstances.  Seems now people get married without really considering those things.

How long have you and Mike been married?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
Depends on whom you marry. I'm really lucky that my wife makes the $$ and I can stay home to take care of our daughter and go to the gym whenever I want.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »
Ditto dude.  Mrs. Obama is nothing to brag about in the looks department.

Men have a warped view of marriage because we constantly hear about how other men are fcuked over in divorce settlements.  Every man should get a prenup and should tuck something away for a rainy day.  Safety deposit boxes are a man's best friend, especially if she doesn't know about it.
Squishy face retard

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:40 PM »
black girls give the best lovin. you can bet that Obama is on Defcon 1 in the bedroom.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
How long have you and Mike been married?
We're not married Techno, but we've been together 4 wonderful years.  :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

It's Over...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »
We're not married Techno, but we've been together 4 wonderful years.  :D

and how many shit years have you been together

;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2009, 08:00:05 PM »
and how many shit years have you been together

;)
If you give me a few hours...I'm sure I'll find something funny with that statement.  ::)

just kidding.  :P     It's true though.  We have had 4 really good years (outside of my illness - which may have even brought us closer).  In those 4 years we may have only argued 3-4 times.   :)