Author Topic: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?  (Read 55595 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »
great thread.. im approaching 30 and would love to be married..sick of this single shit..however ill wait till im 40 if i had too..i have 3 rules i live by when it comes to women.

1) They must never lie to me, either outright or by omission of information.
2) They must never disrespect me in any way.
3) They must never take me for granted or mistreat me in any way.
I explain this to women early on (not on the first meeting, mind you, but when
it’s appropriate to educate them. If they break these rules, they’re out.

so far,,not one girl has passed these rules.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
great thread.. im approaching 30 and would love to be married..sick of this single shit..however ill wait till im 40 if i had too..i have 3 rules i live by when it comes to women.

today's woman are a different breed, disrespectful, sense of entitlement, good luck.  You need a strong hand to keep them in line, just like Nasser has to do with Kuma sometimes.

TEAM Nasser

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »

dude nobody can follow those rules forever

E
E

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
naw..they're pretty simple rules..im naturally a 'nice' guy(which girls dont like)..so i have to put these in order to keep my respect. it comes down to dont cheat on me, and it demonstrates im an alpha male while still being able to controll my nice guy attitude. 99% percent of these bitches beg me back when i tell them to fuck off after breking my rules. if you cant follow those simple rules, ill find somebody who does

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
i understand not tolerating cheating, but who doesn't lie or omit certain info to look better than they are? 

nobody gets ahead by being 100% honest, it's the people that are great at bullshitting :)

the longer you are with somebody, sooner or later they'll do something that makes you feel disrespected or underappreciated

what's that saying "we only hurt the ones we love" ???

this is one reason why many are always single, too many unrealistic "rules" that nobody can live up to

E
E

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »
i understand not tolerating cheating, but who doesn't lie or omit certain info to look better than they are? 

nobody gets ahead by being 100% honest, it's the people that are great at bullshitting :)

the longer you are with somebody, sooner or later they'll do something that makes you feel disrespected or underappreciated

what's that saying "we only hurt the ones we love" ???

this is one reason why many are always single, too many unrealistic "rules" that nobody can live up to

E

im not talking about simple lies of course..i mean major things.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
Possibly. Women need marriage much more than men because they value social relationships more than anything. This emotional thinking also makes them volatile people to live with because women don't think with logic or reasoning. If a woman feels she has to destroy a man's life or waste his money she will do it because her emotions will justify it to her. Her emotional thinking will lead her to feel like she is better and entitled, and things that don't go her way are wrong simply for annoying her. A man does not think like this.

Women also tend to be a lot more selfish than men. Men while not emotional are much more honest and tend to take loss of anything that was very important very seriously, while a woman can manage that better because if she loses her boyfriend, hell, she can just talk to some other guy or call up everyone on her phone book and complain for hours on end.

These differences are why men have written history and still push the human race forward everyday.

adren

• Getbig II
  • musclecreation.com
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
It's not the dumbest thing a man can do.... as long as you pick the right one.  ;)

I said no to North American women though, too high maintenance, have no cooking skillz and they only care about themselves. I married a Filipina girl and all she cares about is family, working and taking care of me.  ;D

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2010, 07:08:26 PM »
Most people are idiots and when you put two idiots in the same house and tell them to get along forever, it's not gonna work out at some point.

What's crazy to me is how many people get married once, then divorce....then do this several times during their lives.  Fuckin' nuts!

Jizzacked

« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
 ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
 ;D^^^^
DAWG

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2010, 08:19:27 AM »

Good rules. I actually gave my now wife these rules before our first date. :)

Most kids in this topic complaining about women are themselves at fault for relationships not working out. Almost no guy has the balls to lay it all on the table right from the very start. They always have excuses for not doing this, but they all boil down to the same lame shit: "If I tell her that she'll leave right away -- and I can't get anything better...". If you are too pussified to tell a woman what you are about, then OF COURSE you will end up with one who will fuck you over. Pussies exist to be fucked over, and you've behaved like a pussy. Don't start crying now about getting fucked like one.

And yes, I told my wife what the deal was right at the very start of us seeing each other. Including, but not limited to:
- I will fuck guys if and when I want, but no other women. You will not, but you can bang other women (with me watching ;D)
- I will do whatever drug I want, whenever I want. But I will never push anything on you or endanger you otherwise (not even financially).
- I will never, ever father any children with you. Pregnancy will result in either a voluntary or an involuntary abortion.
- Anal.

You don't have to be a dick about it, but be a man and be honest. If a woman runs away during the butterfly stage when hearing this, she'll certainly bolt when the infatuation wears off.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2010, 09:05:21 PM »

Why men should not marry.
All the older guys I know, guys that are 55 and older are telling me the same story; don't do it. It just turns to crap no matter what you do. They'd rather be independent. At best it's a tedious bore. At worst a living hell with financial ruin thrown in for good measure. The problem is that when you're young, you just naturally fall into this mind set where your whole self image is based on how women regard you, and so you spend all your money and energy trying to make yourself acceptable to them. Then later in life the shine wears off and you finally realize that you've wasted yourself on a bunch of crap.

Children - "the ultimate human experience"
I couldn't even begin to list all of the older folks i know from work or through my family with kids they either don't get along with, are disappointed in, or are so distant as to not even be a factor in each other's lives.

I'm really skeptical about the idea of children as "the ultimate blessing." How many friends do you have with little or no meaningful contact or relationships with their parents?

I would wager the statistic for happy child/parent relations would be as bad, if not worse, than the marriage numbers. Who wants to deal with TWO bitter, unfulfilling relationships?!

Marriage is a sham for men. There is no benefit. If you are about to get married, think it over. Don't let your dick do your thinking for you. Don't let your punch-drunk I'm in love euphoria put you on auto-pilot. You will wake up in a hell of a hangover staring at this woman who will control your life.

A few years ago I went through a major depression over this until I started talking to all the older guys I knew...and they all said the same thing; "don't do it, it's shit. Even when it's not bad, it's shit". You end up being closely tied to an old woman. Think about that. I can go to Europe or the south seas tomorrow. If I was married I wouldn't have the money and I'd have to ask HER permission. Don't get married unless you are absolutely religiously in love with her. Like carry her sick aged body to the toilet and wipe her ass and be happy to do it kind of love.

What I'm saying is that human beings are nasty weak treacherous creatures that are for the most part totally untrustworthy. Experience is my basis for this statement, both mine and others who I know or who have written reliable histories. If you can find a woman to be your companion who is not treacherous, a deceitful little actress, a sly whore or a manipulative nag or a shrieking hag, then you are among the lucky few. Congratulations. I hope your luck continues to hold out.

Ok, assume that you will end up divorced and won't see your kids and lose half of your assets, how different is that from being married?

Most married guys I know are working their asses off to pay bills, rarely to get to spend time with their families, mediocre or no sex life, and have wives that spend as much of their money as absolutely possible.

My problem with marriage isn't a fear of divorce; it is that the whole thing sucks divorce or not.

What security is there for men in marriage?
If I cheat on my wife, she gets half my shit.
If she cheats on me, she still gets half my shit.
Why the fuck should i get married?

Fuck it man, it's easy to get depressed about not being married when we live in a society that constantly feeds us the image of the happy couple. It's one big lie. The happiest person alive is someone who isn't a prisoner dependent on another human being... We only have 80 or so years on this rock to achieve true freedom

Very few marriages last nowadays, and even guys older than me are telling me not to even think about it... It's a grossly overrated source of happiness. And for the 80% that do go through divorce, it will financially ruin you for life. Period. You can take your best 10 earning years from say, 35 to 45 and take all the wealth you would have accumulated and flush it down the toilet. Because it will go to her and her lawyer. If it happens naturally and it's good then great, good luck. But the worst thing is to force it, to make gross exertions and ignore all sorts of red lights going off just to be hooked up and "normal". Get some hobbies. Relax. Hang out. Enjoy. Take life as it comes.

As men, we all know that a woman's primary objective is to marry. After years of experience I've discovered their most commonly used strategy. here it is:

1. Girl pressures guy for marriage.

2. Guy delays.

3. Girl gradually starts destroying guy's self-esteem and eliminating his friends.

4. Guy becomes too weak and too much of a loser to find something better than what he has.

5. Girl starts to limit sex. In effect controlling the only good thing in the guy's life.

6. Guy is in despair. Capitulates to marriage.

Then 5-10 years later the guy is an empty shell of his former self. Girl is a ruthless manipulating machine. Girl divorces loser husband. Girl takes 80% of guy's stuff because the guy is too brain dead to find a good lawyer. Girl lives happily ever after. Guy becomes bald alcoholic who dies of heart attack at 45 years old.
DAWG

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2010, 12:36:20 AM »
Why men should not marry.
All the older guys I know, guys that are 55 and older are telling me the same story; don't do it. It just turns to crap no matter what you do. They'd rather be independent. At best it's a tedious bore. At worst a living hell with financial ruin thrown in for good measure. The problem is that when you're young, you just naturally fall into this mind set where your whole self image is based on how women regard you, and so you spend all your money and energy trying to make yourself acceptable to them. Then later in life the shine wears off and you finally realize that you've wasted yourself on a bunch of crap.

Children - "the ultimate human experience"
I couldn't even begin to list all of the older folks i know from work or through my family with kids they either don't get along with, are disappointed in, or are so distant as to not even be a factor in each other's lives.

I'm really skeptical about the idea of children as "the ultimate blessing." How many friends do you have with little or no meaningful contact or relationships with their parents?

I would wager the statistic for happy child/parent relations would be as bad, if not worse, than the marriage numbers. Who wants to deal with TWO bitter, unfulfilling relationships?!

Marriage is a sham for men. There is no benefit. If you are about to get married, think it over. Don't let your dick do your thinking for you. Don't let your punch-drunk I'm in love euphoria put you on auto-pilot. You will wake up in a hell of a hangover staring at this woman who will control your life.

A few years ago I went through a major depression over this until I started talking to all the older guys I knew...and they all said the same thing; "don't do it, it's shit. Even when it's not bad, it's shit". You end up being closely tied to an old woman. Think about that. I can go to Europe or the south seas tomorrow. If I was married I wouldn't have the money and I'd have to ask HER permission. Don't get married unless you are absolutely religiously in love with her. Like carry her sick aged body to the toilet and wipe her ass and be happy to do it kind of love.

What I'm saying is that human beings are nasty weak treacherous creatures that are for the most part totally untrustworthy. Experience is my basis for this statement, both mine and others who I know or who have written reliable histories. If you can find a woman to be your companion who is not treacherous, a deceitful little actress, a sly whore or a manipulative nag or a shrieking hag, then you are among the lucky few. Congratulations. I hope your luck continues to hold out.

Ok, assume that you will end up divorced and won't see your kids and lose half of your assets, how different is that from being married?

Most married guys I know are working their asses off to pay bills, rarely to get to spend time with their families, mediocre or no sex life, and have wives that spend as much of their money as absolutely possible.

My problem with marriage isn't a fear of divorce; it is that the whole thing sucks divorce or not.

What security is there for men in marriage?
If I cheat on my wife, she gets half my shit.
If she cheats on me, she still gets half my shit.
Why the fuck should i get married?

Fuck it man, it's easy to get depressed about not being married when we live in a society that constantly feeds us the image of the happy couple. It's one big lie. The happiest person alive is someone who isn't a prisoner dependent on another human being... We only have 80 or so years on this rock to achieve true freedom

Very few marriages last nowadays, and even guys older than me are telling me not to even think about it... It's a grossly overrated source of happiness. And for the 80% that do go through divorce, it will financially ruin you for life. Period. You can take your best 10 earning years from say, 35 to 45 and take all the wealth you would have accumulated and flush it down the toilet. Because it will go to her and her lawyer. If it happens naturally and it's good then great, good luck. But the worst thing is to force it, to make gross exertions and ignore all sorts of red lights going off just to be hooked up and "normal". Get some hobbies. Relax. Hang out. Enjoy. Take life as it comes.

As men, we all know that a woman's primary objective is to marry. After years of experience I've discovered their most commonly used strategy. here it is:

1. Girl pressures guy for marriage.

2. Guy delays.

3. Girl gradually starts destroying guy's self-esteem and eliminating his friends.

4. Guy becomes too weak and too much of a loser to find something better than what he has.

5. Girl starts to limit sex. In effect controlling the only good thing in the guy's life.

6. Guy is in despair. Capitulates to marriage.

Then 5-10 years later the guy is an empty shell of his former self. Girl is a ruthless manipulating machine. Girl divorces loser husband. Girl takes 80% of guy's stuff because the guy is too brain dead to find a good lawyer. Girl lives happily ever after. Guy becomes bald alcoholic who dies of heart attack at 45 years old.

where did u get that from? i have seen it before i think

big L dawg

• Getbig V
DAWG

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »
Almost always, yes.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2010, 08:01:48 PM »
You guys WOULD NOT believe the shit I've just been through.  I'm tired but will post the entire story within the next few days.

Word to the wise - you DO NOT have to be married to love and be with someone your entire life. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
You guys WOULD NOT believe the shit I've just been through.  I'm tired but will post the entire story within the next few days.

Word to the wise - you DO NOT have to be married to love and be with someone your entire life. 

bad breakup?

E
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2010, 05:43:56 AM »
were waiting................. .............

Relentless

• Getbig IV
Re: Getting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »
I've been married four years (4th anniversary is actually tomorrow) and with her for over five years.  We met during my junior year of college and fell for each other quickly - we dated for 3 months before becoming engaged.  I fell in love almost instantly - this is the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  It didn't take me long to figure out she was something very special; someone I would treasure forever. It sounds crazy, but I had dated enough people to know exactly what I wanted (and did not want).  We planned our wedding shortly after college graduation and one of those huge, invited-absolutely-everyone weddings - over 500 people attended a lavish ceremony and reception.  After the wedding, we packed our bags and moved from San Antonio, TX to Las Vegas.  I got a good job fresh out of college and it was a great chance for us to bond away from friends and family.  She found a good job shortly thereafter and both of us were making solid money.  We had a nice little house, a dog...everything was peachy-keen.  Right at our one year mark in Vegas, I was promoted within my company to Los Angeles.  Although she had to give up her job and we took a step back regarding cost-of-living, we were both excited about a new adventure.  After a couple of months in LA, I realized the new gig wasn't a very good fit.  I left the company (a very good, well known company) after a couple of months and began working a different job with an old customer.  After a couple of months, the guy couldn't afford me anymore (cash flow issues and an IRS tax penalty he didn't tell me about before taking the job) and I was out on the street.  I found a decent-paying sales job and took acting classes at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.  I had always wanted to give acting a shot, and LA was a total blast in general.  My wife and I had saved up a good deal of cash when first moving out to LA, but the cost of living chiseled away at our bank account...it became blatantly obvious that my wife was tired of LA.  While I was trying to make the best of the situation, she had simply quit trying to find good paying work.  I realized that if I didn't act quickly, our marriage would fall apart unless we relocated back to Texas.  After about 15 months into our "LA Experiment", we packed up a U-Haul and moved to Austin, TX without actual jobs.

We found a nice apartment in Austin and did some odd-jobs to make cash while looking for something more substantive.  My wife was considering going to law school and found a legal assistant job at a law firm.  I found a sales job for an upstart food company and everything started to look up.  She actually found a job with her old company (the same company she worked for in Las Vegas) and we started banking money again.  We took advantage of the $8,000 tax credit and bought a nice house in the North Austin area.  We just bought the house last July and put at least $25,000 worth of improvements to the home - maybe $30,000.  Here's where the story gets interesting.

During the first week of April, I left town on a business trip (I cover several states in my region) and found my wife being VERY distant on the phone.  I knew something was wrong...she was acting very different.  When I got home after the 3 day trip, I sat down with her to discuss the situation.  She dropped the bomb on me.  She said she was very unhappy in our marriage and didn't want to continue on any longer.  I asked her if she was referring to divorce, and she said maybe.  I was completely shocked by this admission.  Although we have had problems (like all couples), I never thought my marriage was in danger of vanishing.  I asked her what I could do to improve our marriage...and she said there wasn't anything to be done at this point.  A couple of weeks of this, I grabbed her cell phone and found several text conversations with guys...during one of the conversations, I found she actually met up with an ex boyfriend.  When I asked her what she was up to, she said it was business-related.  For a fact, she had met up with at least two exes within a couple of weeks of all this going down.

After a few weeks of poor interaction, I convinced her to see a marriage counselor.  She doesn't believe in therapy...as she thinks people are incapable of real, lasting changes.  We saw a counselor for one session, during which she blasted my every flaw.  While I admitted to not always being the best husband, she saw little need to reflect on her own shortcomings.  It became obvious to me and the therapist that she had no desire to stay in the marriage.  Within a couple of weeks of giving up on therapy, she moved all of her stuff out of the house...and back into her parents place.  Within a couple days of moving into her parents, she moved into an apartment at an undisclosed location.  Her parents wont even tell other family members where she is staying.

Her reasons for leaving?

"I need to find my identity."
"I want to be by myself."
"I want to be independent.
"We are incompatible."

What are these statements code for?

"I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU, BUT I DO WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE ELSE."

The pending divorce is a whole another matter....I could write a novel about this stuff.  I'm discovering things about my wife that are leading me to believe that I should be very glad we didn't have any kids together.  Although I certainly have my misgivings and have not been a perfect husband, I've always been honest, faithful, loyal and loving.  For her to throw all of that away so easily shows volumes about her character.  Needless to say, my perspective on marriage has changed greatly.

Marriage is not for amateurs, gentlemen.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
damn that's rough, sorry about that

did you live with her before you got married?

i think people should live with their future spouse at least a year before they marry, you can't truly know a person unless you live with them, plus it's a lot easier to go your separate ways if somebody out of the blue feels "we are incompatible" :-\

E

E

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »
Sorry, Relentless...that's some bull right there. At least you have a paper trail of attempting to reconcile and the convos with the exes if she tries some crap. I'd start moving assets...
Almost always, yes.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
damn that's rough, sorry about that

did you live with her before you got married?

i think people should live with their future spouse at least a year before they marry, you can't truly know a person unless you live with them, plus it's a lot easier to go your separate ways if somebody out of the blue feels "we are incompatible" :-\

E

No, we never lived together because her parents are traditionalists who would have thrown a fit, and she was trying to please them.  Truth is, we spent so much time moving around and changing our lives that we didn't learn enough about one another.  In spite of all this, I felt that we had a solid marriage.  I had no idea she was that unhappy.  According to her, she has been unhappy for quite some time.  Why didn't she put the brakes on or give me a real indication of where she was mentally?  I have no idea.  Women internalize and it's our job as men to figure it out.  Guess I'm not the best mind-reader.  That said, I missed some real clues and should have paid more attention to them.  

I wish she was of the mindset to work things out, but I don't believe she will change her mind.  This woman is a single child who has gotten her way her entire life.  Her parents spent more time adoring her than raising her.  She thinks a person who truly loves you is replaceable and easy to find.  Once the divorce is finalized and there is no reason to stay in touch, I think reality will truly set in.

Any women here who care to sound off with their opines?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
Sorry, Relentless...that's some bull right there. At least you have a paper trail of attempting to reconcile and the convos with the exes if she tries some crap. I'd start moving assets...

Thanks BB, I opened up a separate bank account the next day after she broke the news.  Unfortunately, she rode a tidal wave of emotion when filing for a divorce and hired an attorney on retainer for $3500.  Instead of dividing everything up and getting an attorney to write up all of the documentation, she costs us both a ton of money.  I've had to hire an attorney now and will probably be out $2500-$3500.  Now that she realizes how much of an idiot she's been acting, she's started to communicate again.  Attorneys will always tell you that the more work you do, the less it will cost you.  That's true, but they are still going to "get theirs."  She cost us a couple thousand dollars more than we needed to spend because she acted like a petulant, spoiled child.  The more this thing plays out, the more glad I am that all this came to the surface before babies were in play.

Could you even imagine?  This might be the best thing that could have happened to me...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
fuck that is the worst thing about chicks, always expecting guys to be mind readers

they don't speak about their problems until they reach the point of no return ::)

E
E