Author Topic: "The Shack" - has anyone read it?  (Read 1459 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
"The Shack" - has anyone read it?
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:46:39 AM »

I've heard mixed reviews.
R

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: "The Shack" - has anyone read it?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »
I just bought the book the other night after a friend recommend i read it. after i finish Howard Hughs the Untold Story which is probably tonight i'll start. i heard good things, you heard "mixed" reviews?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:17:07 PM »
I just bought the book the other night after a friend recommend i read it. after i finish Howard Hughs the Untold Story which is probably tonight i'll start. i heard good things, you heard "mixed" reviews?
My mom told her that her aunt suggested it saying it was "life changing."  My mom thought it was stupid.

My dental hygenist recommended it "if I could get through a really bad part."

I'm involved in a ministry (Christian) where some people have recommended it and others say it's definitely not scriptural and maybe even demonic...I would post why at this time but am not sure if it would be a "spoiler" type thing because I haven't read it myself. 

My mom told me some scenarios and from those I've decided I probably won't read it but I would be grateful to hear your review when you are done!
R

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »
sure thing. apparently a lot of Christians are recomending it because it answers tough questions about real life situations that make you question God. its refreshing to read a book about faith without the typical "sermon" or "preacher" undertone.