Author Topic: House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove  (Read 368 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
 ::)

House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove
The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed Former White House adviser Karl Rove to testify about the firing of U.S. attorneys.
FOXNews.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed former White House adviser Karl Rove to testify about the Bush administration's firing of U.S. attorneys.

The subpoena Monday by Michigan Democratic Rep. John Conyers continues a long-running legal battle. Rove previously refused to appear before the panel, contending that former presidential advisers cannot be compelled to testify before Congress.

Conyers also wants him to testify on whether politics played a role in the prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat.

"I have said many times that I will carry this investigation forward to its conclusion, whether in Congress or in court, and today's action is an important step along the way," Conyers said. "Change has come to Washington, and I hope Karl Rove is ready for it. After two years of stonewalling, it's time for him to talk."

Rove was asked to appear for a deposition on Feb. 2.

Rove's former boss, ex-President George W. Bush, upheld Rove's legal position but it has been rejected by U.S. District Judge John Bates and the Obama administration. President Obama has called Rove's claim "completely misguided."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/26/house-judiciary-chairman-subpoenas-karl-rove/

Mons Venus

Re: House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »
Best news all day! :-*