Author Topic: Possible repost: Brian Oldfield tribute  (Read 2135 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Possible repost: Brian Oldfield tribute
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:25:14 AM »
As empty as paradise

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Possible repost: Brian Oldfield tribute
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:20:24 AM »
Here is an interview with him from 2007 - for those interested:

http://macthrowvideo4.com/2007NTCABOInterview2.wmv

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »
Squad I know you gonna dig this. 8)

http://www.brianoldfield.com/Oldfield%20Videos/oldfield_tribute_final.wmv
Brian was a monster, IMO the best thrower of all time, there's some awesome stuff on youtube of him as well.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Insane technique on this guy! Incredible.

I always find it funny, the things we devote our lives to (ie throwing a heavy ass ball ;D ).

cl

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
You can never get too much Brian..... When I was throwing for a JC back in my young days John Powell coached us one year... and like Brian said the San Jose and Cupertino areas of CA were height city.... I got to workout with Brian Oldfield, John Powell, Ken Stildell, Ben Plunknet, and Richard Marx. Marx for info lived or was married to the chick that played in the Movie Personal Best... She played the girlfriend of Hemingway.
But to make a long story short Brian was a crazy dude and STUD... I saw him one day run a 10.3 100 which amazing. But he use to throw in his throwing shoes and a speedo only on warm days... and he loved to joke around and be little Marx and Powell any chance he got.... Brian always let every one know he was there and he was the King so to speak... When I stop to think about it myself and others were probably very fortunite that we got to work out with these guys but since we saw they almost everyday ... you tend to think of it has no big thing.... But Brian I believe was the best shotputter in history... and one of the best all around throwers in the world... he could throw the shot 75 feet discus 200 feet and he could throw the hammer and javelin too he was just a natural thrower...
One reason Brian did not get a long with Powell was that Powell was a cop in San Jose for a while and Brian and the Police was like fire and gasoline especially if Brian had been drinking... but those are stories for another time...

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »