Author Topic: 2009 Ironman - Silvio Samuel - I was wrong  (Read 5006 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: 2009 Ironman - Silvio Samuel - I was wrong
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
LOL you are part of the problem and proving his point.

Explain yourself!

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
Explain yourself!

making up excuses just like chick and the ifbb will... and ron knows better then to say the gay for pay isnt as bad as people claim.. BB'ing is a cult, full of shallow, insecure, ego maniacs drugged up on everything from test to cocaine, you get a bunch of nympho men and women (on mens hormones) coked,ghb'd, opiated'd all the time posing ,wrestling, fucking, whatever.... for there next free drug bill LOL... At least im honest with myself and to others. IF someone knew even a fraction of the things that go on and still wanted to compete then ok...but i see a ton come in and get duped, raped(bascially), caught of guard, and its usually too late. My opinion of course...and what i have seen with my own eyes over 20 years. Not to mention the guys i have buried in this sport.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 12:01:31 PM »
i am pretty sure all the prize money from first to last in every pro show combined for the whole year doesn't add up to what one golfer can win in one weekend.

Yes, the multimillion dollar golf game in which amatuers spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on little sticks to hit a ball to nowhere for three hours. But since many people play it, and it is a mainstream sport which attracts millions of people, they can afford to give higher prize money.  

Please, if you would like to sponsor a contest, and give extra money, please call me, that can be arranged.

ron knows better then to say the gay for pay isnt as bad as people claim

It is crap. It happens, but very little. Like anything, there is always a part, but 90% of the people I know are not into it.

BB is a cult, full of shallow, insecure, ego maniacs drugged up on everything from test to cocaine, you get a bunch of nympho men and women

Are you talking about the acting industry??? Football, basketball, baseball - pro, college and high school??? The only difference is it more visible in bodybuilding.  Same complain, same story, same debate - for 20 years now.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »
Yes, the multimillion dollar golf game in which amatuers spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on little sticks to hit a ball to nowhere for three hours. But since many people play it, and it is a mainstream sport which attracts millions of people, they can afford to give higher prize money.  

Please, if you would like to sponsor a contest, and give extra money, please call me, that can be arranged.

It is crap. It happens, but very little. Like anything, there is always a part, but 90% of the people I know are not into it.

Are you talking about the acting industry??? Football, basketball, baseball - pro, college and high school??? The only difference is it more visible in bodybuilding.  Same complain, same story, same debate - for 20 years now.

ouch!! didn't mean to strike a nerve there Ron, just stating a fact. are saying the people in charge aren't profitting enough to pay more prize money?

years ago Arnold wanted to raise the prize money at his show and the IFBB told him he can't excede the Olympia prize money. he said to raise the Olympia then, and they said they don't have to, the athletes will show up anyway. that is when he added the Hummer to the winner.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »

please dont compare bb'ing to sports or hollywood... LOL....come on... now i know your fucking with me

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »
Sylvio looks amazing, i cannot beleive how he can keep doing 6+ show a year and look phenominal in each one.  I think he will take some time off after this years Olympia to put some more size on.
15K not too bad of a payday for doing what you love.  I'm sure his supplement company added in some coin for the win too.  Not many people are making money in this economy, I would be thrilled if I got a check for 15K.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »
yes, congratulations on spending $20000 to win $15000.

Good point.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 04:15:49 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2009/01/26/2009-ironman-winner-silvio-samuel/

Ok, I was wrong in my prediction saying that Moe Elmoussawi was going to beat Silvio here at the 2009 Ironman Pro.  But it was close.  Silvio looked great in the prejudging, but Moe did battle for redemption in the finals, with the 4th and final round decided by one point only going to Silvio. Still, Silvio let it be known to me that how could I not have chosen him going into the contest. After all, in the last two contests before the Ironman, Silvio did beat Moe. My lecture backstage and me begging forgiveness for my ‘wrong’ prediction was just.

Congratulations to Silvio for being the 2009 Ironman winner, and receiving a very nice check, which Mr. John Balik wrote right on the spot backstage! For complete scorecard results, please go to:

http://www.getbig.com/results/mens/ironman.htm

this shows u how fucked up the judging in the IFBB is, how was moes bloated, under conditioned physqiue only 1 pt behind silvio's unbelievably conditioned and more balanced body.

and how in the hell didnt rockel get involved in this mix.

the judging is a sham and a disgrace, makes me never want to go see a show again.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
this shows u how fucked up the judging in the IFBB is, how was moes bloated, under conditioned physqiue only 1 pt behind silvio's unbelievably conditioned and more balanced body.

and how in the hell didnt rockel get involved in this mix.

the judging is a sham and a disgrace, makes me never want to go see a show again.

Silvio scored a total of 26 to Me's 41....it was pretty clear cut that Silvio won.

ONLY the 4th round was decided by 1 pt....which is misleading, because all it says was they thought Silvio was first and Moe was second in the posedown...

Rockel was better in the morning, and smoothing out at night....that said, he WAS in the "mix", and should/ could have been 2nd in my opinion

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Silvio scored a total of 26 to Me's 41....it was pretty clear cut that Silvio won.

ONLY the 4th round was decided by 1 pt....which is misleading, because all it says was they thought Silvio was first and Moe was second in the posedown...

Rockel was better in the morning, and smoothing out at night....that said, he WAS in the "mix", and should/ could have been 2nd in my opinion

Well, you certainly are qualified to make that statement, Bob, if you so choose too.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
This is actually a really great pic...Silvio looking shredded!   :o

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
This is actually a really great pic...Silvio looking shredded!   :o
i agree here, he really looks great in that shot, triceps just hanging off his arms and veins everywhere.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

oh ok, that makes more sense. i thought ron meant that after the fourth round moe was only behind silivio by a pt.

And bob what was the deal with no one coming in this show in shape. Silvio was in shape, hide was in shape, and mo bannout ( minus calves ) was shredded to the bone.

but other than that everyone else was soft or watery, or bloated, or just plain fat and needed 3-5 more weeks of dieting...whats up with that bob??

Should u address this at the next athletes meeting, that they are professionals and need to show up atleast in shape and without implants in their calves.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »
i agree here, he really looks great in that shot, triceps just hanging off his arms and veins everywhere.

You're not so devoid of tricep mass yourself, St. Louisville Slugger.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

Years upon years of close grip bench presses.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
your triceps are pretty Mentzer-like yourself, Venice Vagina Wrecker.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
for all of the bullshit complaining about Moe's physique i think he looks pretty damn good in this shot.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »
  Good point.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hey SUCKMYMUSCLE, where have you been!  Bro, lets train this week brother.  It seems like you disappeared on the last couple posts.   Let me know when you can make it bro.  Quit backing out.

20K to prep a show, you people know nothing about pricing of gear.  That is absolutely hilarious, 20K maybe for all year with everything and thats even high.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »
for all of the bullshit complaining about Moe's physique i think he looks pretty damn good in this shot.

he looked awesome in that shot!

but it was from the 08' ironman.

heres a pic from 09. the striations in his quads are gone, his waist is wider and he's much less conditioned.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »

I agree, the dude is a monster, quads are huge and lats are thick too.  Finished 10 at the Olympia that means a solid physique.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »
he looked awesome in that shot!

but it was from the 08' ironman.

heres a pic from 09. the striations in his quads are gone, his waist is wider and he's much less conditioned.
he was a little off but he'll get it back together, you have to admit he is one THICK bastard, huge legs, arms and back.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
Another troubling view into BBing.

Just as Get Bigs hero, Bob Chick, has lied about his seedy dealing in the Mirage Hotel in '93 and countless other BBers who have to suck cock and fondle hold balls while dressed in leather thongs, there is really no new money in the sport. Even the "Athletes Rep" has been engorged by BBing money, but the Iron Man winnings has only gone up 5k in 20 years! How can this stand? Bob Chick and the other memebers of his cabal who make their money off of the shattered bodies, broken dreams and melted organs, must be called to the carpet and be made to answer for their crimes.

Don Long is still juicking and pumping himself full of drugs even with his dialysis and new kidney, ab Asian BBer is still competing even after a sever heart surgery...the list goes on. Where is Bob Chick telling these idiots that they aren't fit to step on stage? Why isn't he and the IFBB cabal looking after those BBers who make them so much money?

Yet Chick knows this and comes on Get Big to drop these words of wisdom: "They are grown men who make their own decision", nice Chick, way to hide behind tired words and shed any responsibilty you may have been given by becoming "Athletes Rep". But hey, you're getting yours so who the fuck cares if these competitiors drops dead, you already have your money and your masters still pull the strings.

Of course Chick will probably respond with some smart aleck comment that doesn't provide any answers or insight. After which this will be deleted.

Shamless.
quoted for the truth x 1000000
oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo hellllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h
w

Stavios

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2009/01/26/2009-ironman-winner-silvio-samuel/

Ok, I was wrong in my prediction saying that Moe Elmoussawi was going to beat Silvio here at the 2009 Ironman Pro.  But it was close.  Silvio looked great in the prejudging, but Moe did battle for redemption in the finals, with the 4th and final round decided by one point only going to Silvio. Still, Silvio let it be known to me that how could I not have chosen him going into the contest. After all, in the last two contests before the Ironman, Silvio did beat Moe. My lecture backstage and me begging forgiveness for my ‘wrong’ prediction was just.

So will these two battle again? Yes, they will, for in six weeks, both of these competitors will meet again at the 2009 Arnold Classic. Moe insists that he can only get better, and can  beat Silvio. Of course, at that contest, there are many other top competitors who will vie for the top positions (Victor Martinez, Kai Greene), but for the rumble between these two in the war of words, it will another rematch.

Congratulations to Silvio for being the 2009 Ironman winner, and receiving a very nice check, which Mr. John Balik wrote right on the spot backstage! For complete scorecard results, please go to:

http://www.getbig.com/results/mens/ironman.htm

Moe fucked up, if he stayed like last year he would have won.

he had no cuts.
Big and shredded but no cuts

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »
Congrats to Silvio

people keep screaming about phil's arms.  that dude on the right looks to have equally oversized guns for his frame. dude on the left shouldnt be wearing pink. 
Oh...Monica!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
dude on the left shouldnt be wearing pink. 

Real men wear pink.